PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Tartan Kilt

Billychaotic182
05-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice or a wee bit help, my Mrs and I have set a date for our wedding and I’d love to kit myself and my groomsmen out in hibs tartan kilts for my wedding. I know McCalls are meant to have the right to the tartan but I live in Dundee and I’m unsure if the McCall’s here will have it. Is there a shop in Edinburgh that perhaps will have it (obviously McCall’s will be the first place I’ll look) Cheers for the help in advance.

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice or a wee bit help, my Mrs and I have set a date for our wedding and I’d love to kit myself and my groomsmen out in hibs tartan kilts for my wedding. I know McCalls are meant to have the right to the tartan but I live in Dundee and I’m unsure if the McCall’s here will have it. Is there a shop in Edinburgh that perhaps will have it (obviously McCall’s will be the first place I’ll look) Cheers for the help in advance.

McCall’s gets all their hire kilts in from their warehouse in Aberdeen so you may be ok with the Dundee shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
05-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Don't know the name of the shop, but there is a kilt hire shop at top end of easter road just up from Middleton's pub. They have the Hibs tartan there.

SquashedFrogg
05-02-2018, 09:10 PM

Got married in Hibs tartan kilt back in 1998. Great choice!

McCall's royal mile. My old man (yam) even wore it :)

Sammy7nil
05-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Don't know the name of the shop, but there is a kilt hire shop at top end of easter road just up from Middleton's pub. They have the Hibs tartan there.

Bowdens on Easter Rd

edinburghhibee
05-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Bowden’s used to be good but they have went down hill the last few years in my opinion. I always went there for my tartan but last time I was there it was really poor. May have something to do with bob going to slanj on st marys Street as I went in there and got it instead.

Nicho87
05-02-2018, 10:48 PM
Got married last July. Hibs tartan from McCall's, Leith Walk. Perfect

I'm Spartacus
06-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Bowden’s used to be good but they have went down hill the last few years in my opinion. I always went there for my tartan but last time I was there it was really poor. May have something to do with bob going to slanj on st marys Street as I went in there and got it instead.

Agree, Bowdens have went down hill since they stopped providing some big Civil Service uniform contracts.

Joe6-2
06-02-2018, 06:40 PM

They don’t

Billychaotic182
06-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. The McCalls in broughty Ferry have it so I’m sorted.

Frazerbob
06-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. The McCalls in broughty Ferry have it so I’m sorted.

Good stuff Billy. More importantly, when and where’s the stag do?

sauzee6_2
06-02-2018, 08:52 PM

I also live in Dundee and got married in the Hibs tartan, McCalls in the ferry were top class 👍

Hulk1875
20-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Any idea how much it is to hire Hibs tartan kilt got wedding at Tynecastle in June

hibbymac
21-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Any idea how much it is to hire Hibs tartan kilt got wedding at Tynecastle in June

£74-£92

https://www.mccalls.co.uk/kilt-hire-outfits-aberdeen/kilt-outfit-packages/premium-kilt-outfit-packages.html

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 01:09 PM
How on earth has someone other than Hibs got the rights to the Hibs Tartan?

That sounds like a total balls-up to me.

LancashireHibby
21-02-2019, 01:17 PM
On a similar theme, has anyone got a tie/cravate from McCalls in the Hibs tartan? Struggling to find one on the website, but then again I couldn't find the kilt until seeing the link above.

WoreTheGreen
21-02-2019, 03:38 PM
How on earth has someone other than Hibs got the rights to the Hibs Tartan?

That sounds like a total balls-up to me.

Balls down if you’re a true Scot

Frazerbob
21-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Balls down if you’re a true Scot

Unless you’re wearing a hire kilt, boxers should be worn 🤮

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 06:11 PM

I certainly hope so!!

jonty
21-02-2019, 06:20 PM
On a similar theme, has anyone got a tie/cravate from McCalls in the Hibs tartan? Struggling to find one on the website, but then again I couldn't find the kilt until seeing the link above.

You can get silk in hibs tartan from McCalls and make your own.
My father-in-law had one done for our wedding

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Apologies for bumping an old thread but come across it on my google search...

Does anyone know if/where I could source a pair of Hibs Tartan Trousers?

Cheers

tanfield
29-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Apologies for bumping an old thread but come across it on my google search...

Does anyone know if/where I could source a pair of Hibs Tartan Trousers?

Cheers

McCall's would be your best bet mate

Hibernia&Alba
29-03-2019, 11:04 PM

Hibs shorts!

Smartie
29-03-2019, 11:18 PM
My mate from school works in McCalls and has sorted another friend of mine out with all sorts of stuff in the Hibs tartan in the past.

Kevin Eadie is the man you're looking for. He knows his stuff and goes out of his way to help folk.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Appreciated gents - thank you

GGTTH