PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DANIEL ANDERSSON'S HIBERNIAN CAREER

RSS Bot
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8390)

ancient hibee
05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Goalie was definitely Mowbray's blind spot.

Cabbage East
05-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Great keeper and a great article.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
14 years ago, how time flies

jacomo
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM

:agree:

basehibby
05-02-2018, 09:19 PM

No kidding - he made some sumptuous signings but never between the sticks and letting Anderson go was symptomatic of that.

ancient hibee
05-02-2018, 10:01 PM
And he was a defender so should have had a good idea what was needed.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2018, 01:49 AM
No kidding - he made some sumptuous signings but never between the sticks and letting Anderson go was symptomatic of that.

Andersson was never in the same league as Clown and Zibbi.

franck sauzee
06-02-2018, 02:37 AM
I'd assumed that Andersson wanted to go back to Sweden but this article is suggesting that we never offered him a new deal, crazy that we never tried to keep what for me was the best goalie we've had since Leighton/Goram days

ian cruise
06-02-2018, 07:20 AM
I'd assumed that Andersson wanted to go back to Sweden but this article is suggesting that we never offered him a new deal, crazy that we never tried to keep what for me was the best goalie we've had since Leighton/Goram days

Just imagine Mowbray's 04/05 team with Andersson in goals, it was a good season but he could have made the difference. The cup run the season before shows exactly why he should have been offered a new deal.

jacomo
07-02-2018, 02:37 PM

I think it was unfortunate that his contract was up as Mowbray would understandably want to assess the players before making any decisions. There was no ‘football department’ back then to ensure continuity.

Mat Doumbe was another who got away at the same time. Blobby took him down to Plymouth iirc. A fine defender.

The Tubs
07-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Just imagine Mowbray's 04/05 team with Andersson in goals, it was a good season but he could have made the difference. The cup run the season before shows exactly why he should have been offered a new deal.

I think it was also about money. Hibs were skint, Andersson would have been on a good contract and Mowbray wanted to sort out other areas of the squad, so he got a cheaper keeper.

lyonhibs
07-02-2018, 03:32 PM
I think it was also about money. Hibs were skint, Andersson would have been on a good contract and Mowbray wanted to sort out other areas of the squad, so he got a cheaper keeper.

Never before or since have the maxims "you pay for what you get" and "buy cheap, buy twice" seen a real life incarnation!!