PDA

View Full Version : Ivan

Monts
05-02-2018, 02:43 PM
I saw on Instagram Ivan posting about the game. I think it was posted before the game and he was taking his (rangers supporting) son. Obviously he was sitting in the home end, but he made it very clear he was supporting hibs :thumbsup:

Lewiehas2
05-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Screenshot please :thumbsup:

Monts
05-02-2018, 03:28 PM

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to post pictures on here from my phone

pacoluna
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM

download tapatalk.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2018, 03:41 PM

Click on attachments, then on choose file, upload the photo

Monts
05-02-2018, 03:45 PM

Hope this works

Monts
05-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Click on attachments, then on choose file, upload the photo

Thanks Billy. You learn something new every day :thumbsup:

Silversand
05-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Hope this worksLegend [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

StPauli
05-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Hope this works
Love Ivan top man

Iggy Pope
05-02-2018, 03:57 PM
Hope this works

Lovely.
Shame about his wee lads teams connections with them but his old man knows what's what.

Monts
05-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Legend [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
05-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Lovely.
Shame about his wee lads teams connections with them but his old man knows what's what.

He is young he still has time to see the light.:greengrin

Ryan91
05-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Hope this works

That 3-0 Scottish Cup win at Ibrox ranks as my 3rd favourite day as a Hibby, behind 21st May 2016 (1st Place) and 18th March 2007 (2nd Place)

Stantons Angel
05-02-2018, 05:07 PM
He is young he still has time to see the light.:greengrin

i remember sitting with wee Sam dressed in a Hibs strip with Daddy and 17 on the back, at the game for Ian Murray's testimonial.

He was shouting for his Daddy and the Hibs that day.

He may grow out of it and see sense one day!

IGRIGI
05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Will never forget the 6000 strong Hibees Bounce that day, felt as if the stand was about to give way!

snooky
05-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I've seen many players in Hibs' jerseys in my time and Ivan is right up there with my few chosen favourites :flag:

s.a.m
07-02-2018, 10:00 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ivan-sproule-wanted-to-go-wild-but-he-was-in-rangers-end-1-4684514

Sir David Gray
07-02-2018, 10:05 AM
One of my all time favourite Hibs players.

Absolute legend.

JeMeSouviens
07-02-2018, 10:58 AM
“I remember Garry asking Tony Mowbray when I came on ‘what the **** is he going to do?’

:faf:

Ivan :not worth

Smartie
07-02-2018, 11:51 AM
I remember Ivan going on on the right wing in one of his first games for Hibs in a semi at Hampden, possibly against Dundee United.

The O'Connor quote rings true, as it looked to me like our players would do anything other than give the ball to Ivan (especially Gary Caldwell).

I definitely got the feeling that the players didn't rate him, and you could see him getting frustrated.

Were there not rumours soon after he signed (pre Ibrox hat-trick obviously) that he was going to jack it in and go back to Northern Ireland?

It's the only time I can recall something like this happening in a professional game - obviously I was on the receiving end of it once or twice as an amateur player (although to be fair I actually was pish).

snooky
07-02-2018, 12:02 PM
I remember Ivan going on on the right wing in one of his first games for Hibs in a semi at Hampden, possibly against Dundee United.

The O'Connor quote rings true, as it looked to me like our players would do anything other than give the ball to Ivan (especially Gary Caldwell).

I definitely got the feeling that the players didn't rate him, and you could see him getting frustrated.

Were there not rumours soon after he signed (pre Ibrox hat-trick obviously) that he was going to jack it in and go back to Northern Ireland?

It's the only time I can recall something like this happening in a professional game - obviously I was on the receiving end of it once or twice as an amateur player (although to be fair I actually was pish).

:agree: GC's ignoring Ivan when he came on + Mowbray's 'brilliant' move of taking the dominating Glass out of MF to replace the injured Murphy(?) at LFB more or less handed the semi to United. KT was just back from injury too and was struggling the last 30 min.
We were strolling it up till then.

Sammy7nil
07-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Yip we were 1 up with about tem minutes to go Ivan came on for one of his first games and we lost two late goals Jason Scotland scored twice I think to lose 2 - 1 another that got away.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Yip we were 1 up with about tem minutes to go Ivan came on for one of his first games and we lost two late goals Jason Scotland scored twice I think to lose 2 - 1 another that got away.

One of my worst Hampden semi defeats, that one was

The_Exile
07-02-2018, 12:31 PM

It was infuriating. Can’t remember the left back for Utd at the time, but he wasn’t having a great game and Ivan found himself with so much space on that right wing. Caldwell’s refusal to pass the ball to him really peeved me off and I just went away from that game thinking “Caldwell, w***er”.

Seveno
07-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Celtic were a very tired looking team in the final and I always felt we could have taken them.

stantonhibby
07-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Yep....very depressing. The one to Aberdeen when Dow scored the winner was a similar feeling. Went a goal up in that one as well. Will we ever win that damn cup......

snooky
07-02-2018, 03:06 PM

Our goal was a Deek penalty in the second half, IIRC. As I said earlier, we were 1-0 up and cruising it - till TM totally lost the plot.

lyonhibs
07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
That 3-0 Scottish Cup win at Ibrox ranks as my 3rd favourite day as a Hibby, behind 21st May 2016 (1st Place) and 18th March 2007 (2nd Place)

As I missed your number 1 and got let down for a ticket on number 2, that day is my favourite Hibs game I've ever seen live in person. A fantastic day. Going back to my student flat with my dearest Hun flatmate in situ was the cherry on the cake.

SirDavidsNapper
07-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Yup. Sure we took around 25k through that day

SirDavidsNapper
07-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Yep....very depressing. The one to Aberdeen when Dow scored the winner was a similar feeling. Went a goal up in that one as well. Will we ever win that damn cup......

No chance. We're jinxed

Viva_Palmeiras
07-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Did you ever just flip and go and tackle the boy that wasn’t passing to you? Lol. Gives me an idea...

eastterrace
07-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Sure it was jim McIntyre and Jason Scotland got thevwinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
07-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Sure it was jim McIntyre and Jason Scotland got thevwinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct my memory has gone :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Some guy.

https://youtu.be/pzd2DjLlR18