PDA

View Full Version : At my work in Glasgow today...

Keith_M
05-02-2018, 02:26 PM
...everybody looked equally miserable... T'Rangers and Celtc fans alike.

Only little old me had a smile on his face.

It almost made Monday morning acceptable :greengrin

Clerie Green
05-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Hope you don’t work for the Weegie Samaritans mate !

:aok:

JohnMcM
05-02-2018, 02:36 PM

It'll be like that in many places across Scotland today I expect.

Moulin Yarns
05-02-2018, 03:28 PM
On the opposite side of the coin, at work the first person to congratulate Hibs was a Partick fan and a Dundee fan. :aok:

Ardenttwo
05-02-2018, 03:41 PM
On the opposite side of the coin, at work the first person to congratulate Hibs was a Partick fan and a Dundee fan. :aok:

Surprise surprise the first congratulations I got on the golf course was from a Dons fan. Wore my Hibs hat and not a Hun to be seen so gutted

BlackSheep
05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
My Rangers friend at work is mysteriously not in today!!!

I also work in Glasgow :)

JDHibs
05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Of 40 people in my office, only me and a Airdrie fan seen their team win at the weekend...

Work in Wishaw, 1 Airdrie fan, 1 Motherwell fan, me, 5 Celtic fans and the rest support Sevco...

Pleasing.

WHAM
05-02-2018, 04:32 PM
I’ve had a few “no-shows” of the blue persuasion 😁

Peevemor
05-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Most of my workmates support Rennes, with a couple supporting EAG (Guingamp). They played each other at the weekend - their equivalent of a derby, with Guingamp (the smaller club) winning with the last kick of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF-2cmnWMlg

They weren't really interested in what went on at Ibrox.

At least 3 of us are happy.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Was in Frankfurt on Saturday. Flew back yesterday. Guy from Flying Scott parking (resplendent in blue and red) was absolutely raging. No idea why[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
05-02-2018, 05:03 PM
I was "sort of" congratulated by a jambo today.

Time for a wee lie doon methinks.

:shocked:

IGRIGI
05-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I work in an office full of women who's main chat is wedding dresses and children.

I sat and smiled by myself.

snooky
05-02-2018, 05:44 PM

I hear that Larkhall declared today as a day of mourning.
All UJ's at half-mast.

snooky
05-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Was in Frankfurt on Saturday. Flew back yesterday. Guy from Flying Scott parking (resplendent in blue and red) was absolutely raging. No idea why[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Is it not Flying Scot?
Fyi, flying Scott is a Mr Allan. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Spoke to a regular delivery driver today who is an "alleged" Rangers fan. I walked towards him with a big grin on my face singing Hibees.
He responded bizarrely by saying aw" yer wernee so keen to see me after the last Ibrox game were ya"😂

WoreTheGreen
05-02-2018, 06:11 PM
I work in an office full of women who's main chat is wedding dresses and children.

I sat and smiled by myself.

Me tutu

RoscoHibby
05-02-2018, 06:15 PM
I work in Bellshill. The huns that were so gallaus after they robbed us at ER were surprisingly quiet. I thought about giving them both barrels, but in the end, a wee smile at them works even better 😂🇳🇬🏆

worcesterhibby
05-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Most of my workmates support Rennes, with a couple supporting EAG (Guingamp). They played each other at the weekend - their equivalent of a derby, with Guingamp (the smaller club) winning with the last kick of the game.

Blimey, that's some goal !!

SirDavidsNapper
05-02-2018, 07:40 PM

What on earth was the keeper doing? 😂

Joe6-2
05-02-2018, 07:43 PM

How true,

Joe6-2
05-02-2018, 07:45 PM
I was "sort of" congratulated by a jambo today.

Time for a wee lie doon methinks.

:shocked:

Hope you told him what to do with his congratulations?!

Peevemor
05-02-2018, 07:51 PM
What on earth was the keeper doing? [emoji23]The goal's brilliantly taken but the keeper certainly doesn't look too clever.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Is it not Flying Scot?
Fyi, flying Scott is a Mr Allan. :wink:My error. Extra t

jgl07
05-02-2018, 08:09 PM
I work in Glasgow. There are next to no Rangers fans anyway. The Celtic contingent were very low profile!

greenginger
05-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Surprise surprise the first congratulations I got on the golf course was from a Dons fan. Wore my Hibs hat and not a Hun to be seen so gutted

My Aberdeen mate texted me on Saturday night.

Says, Sunshine on Leith was being belted out in a couple of Union Street pubs.

Is It On....
05-02-2018, 08:26 PM
My Aberdeen mate texted me on Saturday night.

Says, Sunshine on Leith was being belted out in a couple of Union Street pubs.

The Aberdeen fans truly hate Sevco..and unlike Sellick it's purely for non religious reasons 😎

TheCabbage
05-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Work in Bellshill & it’s mostly Motherwell fans.
The 1 rangers fan,who actually goes to games, is decent & talks sense.The non attendees quiet today.
Celtic fans v thin on the ground. Mostly females with leanings that way due to upbringing.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Sods law we tuck them away and I won't be in the bothy all week due to rest days, a course Tuesday, Wednesday and house removal days Thursday and Friday. :boo hoo:

06-02-2018, 12:44 AM
I work in Bellshill. The huns that were so gallaus after they robbed us at ER were surprisingly quiet. I thought about giving them both barrels, but in the end, a wee smile at them works even better 😂🇳🇬🏆

Even better than that - cupping your ears.

--------
06-02-2018, 09:30 AM

Yes indeed.

I had to exercise much restraint on Sunday morning (in Airdrie). One or two of our more 'Loyal' individuals missing from their places.

I do hope nothing was wrong ... :wink:

RoscoHibby
06-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Even better than that - cupping your ears.

I have done the 'Lenny' a few times to be fair. Also just randomly lift the wee Scottish cup I've got on my desk as well. Up them! 😂

Franck Stanton
06-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Not at work as such, retired, am in Benidorm for the winter, walked past rangers pub wearing my hibs strip and BIG smile. Only a half dozen bigots there shouting swearing, usual crap, just looked at them, smiled and cupped my ears. They went mental, thought one or two were going to have a heart attack. Funny as f***.

JimBHibees
06-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Not at work as such, retired, am in Benidorm for the winter, walked past rangers pub wearing my hibs strip and BIG smile. Only a half dozen bigots there shouting swearing, usual crap, just looked at them, smiled and cupped my ears. They went mental, thought one or two were going to have a heart attack. Funny as f***.

:faf::faf::not worth

Deansy
06-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Texted my Hun-supporting mate as soon as the final whistle went - still to receive a reply !

I always feel great after gubbing them - not only for the good it does us (and the 3 points are oh soooo sweet !) but also for the feelgood-factor that goes all around Scottish Football !. Plunging a knife into the heart of 'Satan's 11' is one of life's most pleasureable experiences !

Moulin Yarns
06-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Saw Blue Rose Code last night in Perth. Really good gig, mixed it up with some blues and changed a line in 'Edina' from

The green and white on a Saturday, birling through the turnstiles, singing all the way down Easter Road

to

The green and white on a Saturday, birling through the turnstiles, singing all the way back from Ibrox Stadium :greengrin :aok:

One of his guitars has a ' Hibernian on tour' sticker