PDA

View Full Version : Today's Games

RossScott1991
04-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Palace v newcastle has been a very entertaining game soo far. Can't believe how terrible Newcastle's team is nowadays, one of the worst they have probably ever had.

Liverpool v Spurs at 4.30 expecting another goal fest there

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Salah after 2 mins, 1-0. He's a machine.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Spurs relentless whining at the referee is getting tedious.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 05:19 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Spurs playing so poorly. They have no direction and it's anyone's guess as to what their game plan is.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 05:22 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Spurs playing so poorly. They have no direction and it's anyone's guess as to what their game plan is.

They seem to have lost their way a bit this season and it's hard to see why...

Haymaker
04-02-2018, 05:37 PM
They seem to have lost their way a bit this season and it's hard to see why...

Manager looking at houses in Madrid putting players off...

RossScott1991
04-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Spurs won't have a better chance to win the league than they have had in last couple season. moving into a new stadium and financial implications that will have it will be tough to hold onto manager and their best players. i can imagine won't be too long till see this team ripped apart

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Spurs won't have a better chance to win the league than they have had in last couple season. moving into a new stadium and financial implications that will have it will be tough to hold onto manager and their best players. i can imagine won't be too long till see this team ripped apart

I think it's quite the reverse.

Playing at Wembley can't have helped them. How many games did they go before they got a win there?

The new stadium will increase their income considerably.

Having said that, knocking Man City off their perch is going to be difficult for anyone given the amount of cash they throw at their team.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 06:07 PM
What a goal!!!!!!

First touch too!

johnbc70
04-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Wonder how many mph that was travelling at!

bringbackbenny
04-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Goal of the season, give the award now

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Wonder how many mph that was travelling at!

Without a net it would landed in the ocean. That was a beauty..

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Penalty for Spurs.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Kane misses.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
2-1 Liverpool Salah

04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
lol spurs

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Salah :faf:, fantastic. This boy is going to light up Russia.

johnbc70
04-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Salah is unplayable at the moment.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Penalty for Spurs!

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 06:21 PM
2-2 Spurs Kane

Michael
04-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Lolverpool

hibbysam
04-02-2018, 06:33 PM

I hardly think this year was a great opportunity. No side would have lived with the pace City have set this season. Their proper chance came when Leicester won it.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 06:42 PM
I think that game may have been the last top level match the linesman takes part in.

greenlex
04-02-2018, 06:49 PM
I think that game may have been the last top level match the linesman takes part in.

Nonsense. Spot on with both decisions.
The first he was saying Kane was offside before the penalty decision if the Liverpool player hadn’t touched the ball. He was if that was the case. The ref decided it was a pen rather than offside.

The second was spot on. Van dijk kicks the boys leg.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Nonsense. Spot on with both decisions.
The first he was saying Kane was offside before the penalty decision if the Liverpool player hadn’t touched the ball. He was if that was the case. The ref decided it was a pen rather than offside.

The second was spot on. Van Dyke kicks the boys leg.
Aye ok then lol.

greenlex
04-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Aye ok then lol.

I don’t know what you were watching but he is clearly saying offside if no Liverpool player touches the ball. You can clearly hear him saying that.
The second isn’t even up for debate.

greenlex
04-02-2018, 06:55 PM
What a goal!!!!!!

First touch too!

At least his second. He plays a delightful ball out to the boy that crosses it in as the keeper punched it out to him.

IGRIGI
04-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Klop moaning like a biatch for the 1000th time about the ref.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 07:13 PM

The"assistant referee" was 100% correct with both decisions.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Aye ok then lol.

You need to sharpen up your knowledge of the laws of the game.

Kane wasn't offside when he became active.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 07:18 PM
At least his second. He plays a delightful ball out to the boy that crosses it in as the keeper punched it out to him.

Yes, it was his second touch and what a touch it was.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Klop moaning like a biatch for the 1000th time about the ref.

Bizarre post. Our manager regularly complains about referees as well, its because they are absolutely dreadful. 1st pen should not be given for offside, 2nd one is soft as ****.

greenlex
04-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Yes, it was his second touch and what a touch it was.

Unstoppable.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Bizarre post. Our manager regularly complains about referees as well, its because they are absolutely dreadful. 1st pen should not be given for offside, 2nd one is soft as ****.

Klopp was wrong, though.

1st goal was onside.

2nd one was a stonewaller

Winston Ingram
04-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Why? It got both decisions bang on.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Klopp was wrong, though.

1st goal was onside.

2nd one was a stonewaller
How was Klopp wrong about the offside? Watch around the 0:10 mark onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlNQ8q1ElU

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 07:36 PM
How was Klopp wrong about the offside? Watch around the 0:10 mark onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlNQ8q1ElU

Kane was played onside because the defender tried to clear the ball, and made contact as it went past him. Had he either ignored the ball, or missed it altogether, Kane would have been off.

The rules changed a couple of years ago at least.

That's exactly what Greenlex told you.

berwickhibee
04-02-2018, 07:43 PM
My main gripe is assistant referees regularly refuse to make decisions right in front of them. Waiting on the ref 30 or 40 yards away making the decision. Then you have instances today where he wants to be involved. As a neutral its frustrating. No wonder managers get angry. No consistency at all. Great viewing tho. 2nd penalty is offside. The assistant who caused all the commotion got his biggest decision wrong.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Penalty for Spurs!

Felt like dropping 70 quid in the street, and some **** picking it up, painful.

hibbysam
04-02-2018, 07:53 PM
My main gripe is assistant referees regularly refuse to make decisions right in front of them. Waiting on the ref 30 or 40 yards away making the decision. Then you have instances today where he wants to be involved. As a neutral its frustrating. No wonder managers get angry. No consistency at all. Great viewing tho. 2nd penalty is offside. The assistant who caused all the commotion got his biggest decision wrong.

What utter nonsense. None of the penalties were offside. The second one was a stonewaller and kudos to the linesman for giving it. The first one wasn’t offside either as it’s a new phase of play as soon as the defender attempts to clear it, thus meaning play on. Only decision is the ref deciding then if it is a foul or not. The assistant done his job plain and simply. Because other assistants fail to get involved doesn’t mean this man shouldn’t do his job.

berwickhibee
04-02-2018, 07:58 PM
What utter nonsense. None of the penalties were offside. The second one was a stonewaller and kudos to the linesman for giving it. The first one wasn’t offside either as it’s a new phase of play as soon as the defender attempts to clear it, thus meaning play on. Only decision is the ref deciding then if it is a foul or not. The assistant done his job plain and simply. Because other assistants fail to get involved doesn’t mean this man shouldn’t do his job.
Think you should read my post again. Never said 1st penalty was offside??? But 2nd one was. It even showed you on sky. Minimal i know it was. But its offside.

renato
04-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Insigne’s chip that hit the bar there, outrageous effort.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Think you should read my post again. Never said 1st penalty was offside??? But 2nd one was. It even showed you on sky. Minimal i know it was. But its offside.

Yes, IF it was offside, it was extremely marginal so blaming the assistant for missing Otis unreasonable.

I wasn't sure if the cross had been s square ball anyway, in which case it couldn't have been off.

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Insigne’s chip that hit the bar there, outrageous effort.

Ah, serie a, a European league that isn't over and decided by Christmas :aok: You know Juve will pull away though. They always do.

renato
04-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Ah, serie a, a European league that isn't over and decided by Christmas :aok: You know Juve will pull away though. They always do.

Probably, aye. Napoli keep grinding out results though, still 1 point clear of Juve but not at the expense of their football, which is so easy on the eye. And their away form is even better than ours - without checking the stats they must have one of, if not the best records anywhere in Europe.

pacorosssco
04-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Probably, aye. Napoli keep grinding out results though, still 1 point clear of Juve but not at the expense of their football, which is so easy on the eye. And their away form is even better than ours - without checking the stats they must have one of, if not the best records anywhere in Europe.

Hope Napoli can do it.

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 09:53 PM

I forgot, are you a Milan fan :dunno:

greenlex
04-02-2018, 10:08 PM

I remember a game a couple of seasons ago at ER when we were playing Falkirk. A similar situation as there was today except the ball ended up in the net for a gial for Falkirk. They had celebrated and we had the ball back on the centre spot. The east side assistant was still talking to the the ref[Willie Collum funnily enough IIRC) he then proceeded to give us a free kick for offside. She had been telling him if the Falkirk no so and so had touched the ball last he was offside. Collum had seen that he had touched it but she at first didn’t think he had. Only after the celebration by the player did she question it. A fair bit of time had passed before he changed his decision.

Assistants do intervene. Im sure I heard or read that sometimes they are told just give offsides and that’s all by the refs before the game.

lapsedhibee
04-02-2018, 10:12 PM
I'm sure I heard or read that sometimes they are told just give offsides and that’s all by the refs before the game.
That figures, because sometimes they seem to look to the refs before they even flag for a throw-in (never mind decide which way to give it!)

renato
04-02-2018, 10:40 PM
I forgot, are you a Milan fan :dunno:

I “follow” Milan but like watching most of the European leagues, especially those teams playing quality football and particularly the sleeping giants (Marseille are indeed my favourite French team) :greengrin

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 11:18 PM
I “follow” Milan but like watching most of the European leagues, especially those teams playing quality football and particularly the sleeping giants (Marseille are indeed my favourite French team) :greengrin

C'est parce que tu as bon goût :greengrin. Thauvin has been sensational this half season for us.

Speedy
04-02-2018, 11:34 PM

Kane is interfering before the defender touches it. Kane's movement made him attempt to play the ball.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Kane is interfering before the defender touches it. Kane's movement made him attempt to play the ball.

That's not the rule, Speedy.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Speedy
05-02-2018, 12:05 AM
That's not the rule, Speedy.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

That quote doesn't address the point. The debate is whether Kane was active in the first instance.

If running to meet the ball on the edge of the box isn't deemed active then it certainly should be.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 07:49 AM

Not so, the ref was asking if Lovren had touched it, he even asked tbe fourth official if he had seen it on tv even though that is not allowed. Neither had a clue so the ref guessed as proved on MOTD. Shambles of a decision.

hibbysam
05-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Not so, the ref was asking if Lovren had touched it, he even asked tbe fourth official if he had seen it on tv even though that is not allowed. Neither had a clue so the ref guessed as proved on MOTD. Shambles of a decision.

Shambles? He got the decision right. Love to know how you knew what the conversation was however.

renato
05-02-2018, 07:56 AM
C'est parce que tu as bon goût :greengrin. Thauvin has been sensational this half season for us.

A refined palette :greengrin

Yep, some player, would have been quite handy for Newcastle just now...

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Shambles? He got the decision right. Love to know how you knew what the conversation was however.

Quite simple, it was picked up by the microphones and aired on MOTD! Ref guessed, shambles.

Michael
05-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Quite simple, it was picked up by the microphones and aired on MOTD! Ref guessed, shambles.

Well, then he's guessing whether he gives it or not. He got it right, no? Refs will have to guess some things.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 09:03 AM
Well, then he's guessing whether he gives it or not. He got it right, no? Refs will have to guess some things.

No, if he's not sure and hasn't seen it and noo e else has he doesn't give it. MOTD showed him to be a fool.

hibbysam
05-02-2018, 09:22 AM
No, if he's not sure and hasn't seen it and noo e else has he doesn't give it. MOTD showed him to be a fool.

We all want correct decisions, he got it correct. It would’ve been a shambles if he got it wrong.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2018, 09:29 AM
That quote doesn't address the point. The debate is whether Kane was active in the first instance.

If running to meet the ball on the edge of the box isn't deemed active then it certainly should be.

Maybe it should be, but it's not.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2018, 09:40 AM

MOTD proved the exact opposite.

The ref in the studio was at pains to point out that the officials got both major decisions right.

The referee had awarded the penalty. He checked with his assistant to see if there was any reason to change his original decision. Neither the assistant or the 4rh official could give him reason to do so, so his original decision, the correct one, stood.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 10:07 AM
MOTD proved the exact opposite.

The ref in the studio was at pains to point out that the officials got both major decisions right.

Not talking about that, MOTD showed the process he went through to be a shambles.Nothing to do with studio ref.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 10:09 AM
We all want correct decisions, he got it correct. It would’ve been a shambles if he got it wrong.

The process he went tbrough was a shambles.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Not talking about that, MOTD showed the process he went through to be a shambles.Nothing to do with studio ref.

It was messy, I grant you.

He could have avoided the mess by sticking to his original decision.

I'd prefer a bit of a delay if it means that the ref gets the decision right, but that's another argument altogether.

Speedy
05-02-2018, 12:31 PM

Agreed. The process was a shambles.

Saying he has no idea whether the defender touched it then assuming he had to justify giving the penalty is ridiculous.

What it also showed is that the offside rule is a shambles. Had the defender left the ball he'd be relying on the officials calling it correctly. Given they didn't know whether he touched it or not and decided to declare Kane onside anyway, it shows why defenders can't take the risk of letting it run through - the forward is clearly influencing them.

HoboHarry
05-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Mark Clattenburg, arguably the best referee in the world at one point, seems to think offside as well......

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/clattenburg-tottenham-liverpool-offside/

Michael
05-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Asking his assistants is a shambles? What do you want him to do?

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Asking his assistants is a shambles? What do you want him to do?

Give it up pal, other folk have watched it on MOTD too and have agreed with me in the context of the process. You either haven't seen it on MOTD or are just being deliberately argumentative for the sake of it. Either way it doesn't matter it happened, it shouldn't have and it's over just like my conversation with you.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Anyone watching Watford v Chelsea? Its 3-1 Watford, although Chelsea did have a man sent off in the first half.

What is so noticeable, is how Conte the Chelsea manager is just leaning back on the dugout, not giving two ****s.

He's given up i think and is waiting for the sack. 4-1 now. :greengrin

hibbysam
05-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Anyone watching Watford v Chelsea? Its 3-1 Watford, although Chelsea did have a man sent off in the first half.

What is so noticeable, is how Conte the Chelsea manager is just leaning back on the dugout, not giving two ****s.

Cahill and Luiz are absolutely hopeless. Cahill especially. Regressed big time the last 12 months. Hazard is far and away the best player in that side and I’d be surprised if he’s there beyond the summer.

hibsbollah
05-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Cahill and Luiz are absolutely hopeless. Cahill especially. Regressed big time the last 12 months. Hazard is far and away the best player in that side and I’d be surprised if he’s there beyond the summer.

He grew up worshipping Zidane and supports Real Madrid. He'll be away there at some point for £100million+

Sir David Gray
05-02-2018, 10:18 PM
You have to assume that Conte will be away at some point soon. He was quoted in the media wanting reassurances from the board that they were backing him and said it probably wouldn't happen. Quotes like that rarely end well.

3-0 defeat to Bournemouth and 4-1 defeat to Watford isn't a great sign.

O'Rourke3
05-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Agreed. The process was a shambles.

Saying he has no idea whether the defender touched it then assuming he had to justify giving the penalty is ridiculous.

What it also showed is that the offside rule is a shambles. Had the defender left the ball he'd be relying on the officials calling it correctly. Given they didn't know whether he touched it or not and decided to declare Kane onside anyway, it shows why defenders can't take the risk of letting it run through - the forward is clearly influencing them.

No one seems to have noticed Kane's blatant dive. Never a pen....

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Conte's interview is brilliant, he doesn't give a toss anymore. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
05-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Conte's interview is brilliant, he doesn't give a toss anymore. :greengrin

He knows he's out the door I think, not giving a hoot and probably tailing a few million in the process.

JimBHibees
06-02-2018, 07:13 AM

From what I have seen of the goals they have lost in the last week or so, Cahill definitely not trying a leg, joke.

Speedy
06-02-2018, 08:16 AM
No one seems to have noticed Kane's blatant dive. Never a pen....

That as well. Well sketchy indeed.

hibsbollah
06-02-2018, 08:22 AM
That as well. Well sketchy indeed.

It was one of 'those'. The defender goes in, if Kane doesn't fall he would 100% be hit and it would have been a penalty. Even saying that, there is still slight contact. It is soft, but that's the way the rules are applied these days.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Rangers are pish, nearly a goal down there with the thistle guy putting it away but just offside. 0-0 32 mins gone.

Bishop Hibee
06-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Notts County’s budget is £2m says Jonathan Pearce. Massive for a League 2 team. Where would it put them in the SPFL? Losing 1-0 now regardless.

SirDavidsNapper
06-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Come on the decent Glasgow team

jgl07
06-02-2018, 10:52 PM

He really doesn’t want to be there.

He is clearly hoping to be sacked.

jgl07
06-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Notts County’s budget is £2m says Jonathan Pearce. Massive for a League 2 team. Where would it put them in the SPFL? Losing 1-0 now regardless.

They had a crowd of 17,274 on Saturday against Crewe.

Michael
06-02-2018, 11:50 PM

I'd guess that's roughly what the poorest Scottish Premiership team pays.

jgl07
07-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Give it up pal, other folk have watched it on MOTD too and have agreed with me in the context of the process. You either haven't seen it on MOTD or are just being deliberately argumentative for the sake of it. Either way it doesn't matter it happened, it shouldn't have and it's over just like my conversation with you.

These Scousers can get very precious can't they.