PDA

View Full Version : Craig Brown

Future17
04-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Says he found our own Leeann Dempster "difficult to deal with".

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Says he found Dempster "difficult to deal with".

Possibly because she had valid points of view.

Lago
So what

McD
That lifts her even further up my estimations

Pedantic_Hibee
Because she wouldnae ride him?

Carheenlea
04-02-2018, 03:06 PM

Rules him out of contention for any future managerial position then. Thank God.

Iggy Pope
04-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Because she wouldnae ride him?

Wasn't Broon notorious for being a sex pest?

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Probably because she isn't a dinosaur.

Billy Whizz

Heard that too on Sportsound today. He wasn’t forcing the issue, but Chick asked him about her
He said he and Archie Knox, along with a few senior Motherwell players found her difficult to deal with. Craig’s not an agressive type of person, so i respect his view

J-C

He's one of the old school who don't like or want change and one of the reasons we are where we are now in Scottish football, another dinosaur.

Famous Fiver
04-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Probably called him out for getting his burd to write to the newspapers to defend his indefensible tactics.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Turned down his request for a duet of The Sash at the Well Christmas party is what I heard.

vuefrom1875
04-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Wasn't Broon notorious for being a sex pest?

F###y magnet apparently 😀

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 03:17 PM
She stole his wallet and emptied his bank account by correctly guessing his boyne-inspired pin number, I have been reliably informed.

vuefrom1875
04-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Heard that too on Sportsound today. He wasn’t forcing the issue, but Chick asked him about her
He said he and Archie Knox, along with a few senior Motherwell players found her difficult to deal with. Craig’s not an agressive type of person, so i respect his view

He's an erse!

Onceinawhile
04-02-2018, 03:18 PM
I know of someone at hibs who left his job because he couldn't stand her.

There's plenty people with personality types that clash. It happens.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2018, 03:18 PM
He's an erse!

Probably most successful Scotland manager in recent times. Also a director of Aberdeen, hardly an erse

Diclonius
04-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Good. We don't want the old guard any more, they're responsible for our failure.

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2018, 03:22 PM

I thought the opposite.

Chick said that Brown thought she’d be a good CEO at the SFA and Brown was quick to correct him saying he had never claimed that and thought she was difficult to work with.

He then went on to say that if you asked Knox or any of the senior players that they would all say the same thing.

Clearly has an axe to grind and went on about it a bit too much whilst saying he wouldn’t go on about it!

An erse indeed!!

Arch Stanton
04-02-2018, 03:23 PM

You know what they say, you can't bake a cake without cracking a few eggs.

Bostonhibby
04-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Just shows you, I always thought he left the Broons because him and Hen Broon were always arguing over who got to hang around with Joe.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
04-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Got dafnie to write his letters

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Just shows you, I always thought he left the Broons because him and Hen Broon were always arguing over who got to hang around with Joe.

Believe me, it involved Daphne ...

Eaststand
04-02-2018, 03:32 PM

There's plenty people with personality types that clash. It happens.

How is Terry Butcher keeping these days anyway ?
:-)

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
04-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Believe me, it involved Daphne ...I never really trusted Paw Broon but didn't want to bring it up on a family forum[emoji6]

SuperAllyMcleod
04-02-2018, 03:35 PM

Good, anything that makes the SFA look elsewhere for a new CEO is fine by me. I’d like to see LD remain at Easter Road for quite some time to come.

WoreTheGreen
I never really trusted Paw Broon but didn't want to bring it up on a family forum[emoji6]

Don’t worry p.c murdoch on the case

Bostonhibby
Don’t worry p.c murdoch on the caseHun[emoji32]

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Probably most successful Scotland manager in recent times. Also a director of Aberdeen, hardly an erse

He's a total erse.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2018, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't doubt for a second that someone who is so clearly single minded and focused as LD appears to be has ruffled a few feathers in her time. I could understand it perfectly if she has made a few enemies in the game .... she is a strong personality and not everybody can deal with that. I have wondered myself from time to time if I could have dealt with her as a boss ... she reminds me a lot of one I hated who certainly didn't see eye to eye with my relaxed and rather laid back attitude to certain tasks :greengrin

It might also be the case that Brown comes from an era where the only women involved in football were serving the tea in the boardroom or running the B & B where young players living away from home were billeted. He might very well have found it hard to accept a woman being in charge in what is by far a male dominated environment .... especially one like LD who clearly doesn't take any jobby .... and I dare say that even though they would have been considerably younger than Brown a few of the players mentioned had the same attitude.

Crazyhorse
04-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Could be a personality clash but she's a female. Brown, Knox etc wouldn't have been at the forefront of a gender equality campaign in football I imagine.

brog
04-02-2018, 03:48 PM

I've met Craigie on a few occasions, though not for many years & found him good company & very funny at times. However he used his contacts within & his knowledge of the media to promote himself at every opportunity. As for Scotland he inherited a good world ranking which provided us with favourable groupings throughout his tenure. IIRC the only top 25 team we beat under his management was Sweden at Ibrox when Jim Leighton was man of the match.

Arch Stanton
04-02-2018, 03:57 PM

Shouldn't it have been his job to deal with the players? Her job would only be to negotiate contracts and that isn't about being popular.

green day
04-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Brown sounded like a dingull today. Was asked about how good a job Lennon was doing and started slavering on about how he had to make the books balance when he was Clyde manager.

Used to be a teacher at my wife's school - she said he was a decent guy, I told her he's a twat.

Iggy Pope
04-02-2018, 04:04 PM
He's a total erse.

Agreed. As would anyone who listened to him on the BBC today. Taking enormous credit for failing to see that another goal against a non-trying Switzerland would easily see us through. That drawing with Norway could be seen as a good thing when so could an annihilation at the hands of a wonderful footballing nation like Morroco. Old school, Jack-the-lad erse.

Borderhibbie76
04-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Good, anything that makes the SFA look elsewhere for a new CEO is fine by me. I’d like to see LD remain at Easter Road for quite some time to come.Was just thinking exactly the same thing mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Future17
04-02-2018, 06:34 PM
So what

Just thought some Hibs fans might be interested.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Craig Brown is yesterday's news

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

dp00
04-02-2018, 07:52 PM
She certainly ruffled a few feathers with the staff at hibs when she arrived as I know a few who left because she got involved in everything and it was her way or no way but that is normal , everyone doesn’t have the same personality. I’m sure there are folk working at club just now who don’t get along with her or find her a pain however they most likely get on with it because she is the boss

She knows what she wants and how she wants it done, if you sit happy then you know where the door is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
04-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Still an erse

hibbysam
04-02-2018, 08:06 PM
He’s right, she’s stubborn and a proper pain in the backside. SFA shouldn’t touch her.

degenerated
04-02-2018, 08:07 PM

There's plenty people with personality types that clash. It happens.Anthony Stokes? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
04-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Brown is 77 years old now, probably shouldn't be doing media work anymore. Likely to end up doing a Prince Philip as old men do.

Thecat23
04-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Archie Knox is one of the most arrogant people in football. So I can imagine Brown being like him. Walter Smith is another who are completely up themselves!

vuefrom1875
04-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Beg to differ albeit I'll respect your views. He's a dinosaur from way back bracketed with the likes of Walter Smith, archie knox, ect ect......no place in the modern game for these ar##s.....and he's still an erse 😉

Wee Effen Bee
04-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Sorry I’m not really an ITK person but according to a friend of a friend, who dealt with Hibs at the time (and still does) Hibs were in a bit of a disorganised state when she arrived. Pockets of good work going on but disjointed in some areas. She comes in and it’s her job to unite the good practice and enforce her vision upon the workforce in order to deliver the goods. Teachers out there are aware of this type of reorganisation when a new heidie comes in. Some people are unhappy but others thrive in the new regime. As for Brown, Knox et al, if you’re not part of the solution you go the way of the dodo. But, as others have said, LD is rubbish at her job and would be terrible working for SFA/SPFL/insert any big club’s name here😁

McD
04-02-2018, 10:16 PM
She certainly ruffled a few feathers with the staff at hibs when she arrived as I know a few who left because she got involved in everything and it was her way or no way but that is normal , everyone doesn’t have the same personality. I’m sure there are folk working at club just now who don’t get along with her or find her a pain however they most likely get on with it because she is the boss

She knows what she wants and how she wants it done, if you sit happy then you know where the door is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id imagine most CEO’s come into their role in one of 2 ways.

the first, where their predecessor has been very successful and moved on to something bigger, usually meaning the new incumbent is best advised to keep things ticking over as is, and look to tinker in small ways.

the second, where the predecessor has been moved on due to poor performance of themselves and/or organisation, in which the new incumbent will probably want to look into every detail and make changes to seek improvement ASAP.

Given the mess Hibs were when she came in, I’m quite happy for LD to ivnvolve herself as she sees fit, she is the one who would need to answer for the clubs perfomance, if that bothers some folk who were there when we were in such a mess, fair enough.

Baader
05-02-2018, 01:47 AM
Craigie deserves some respect. His version of The Billy Boys is something to behold apparently.

ekhibee
05-02-2018, 02:02 AM
IMO he's never had much time for Hibs, so I'm not exactly surprised by his laughable comments. The thing that always stood out for me was how he never picked Kenny Miller for Scotland while he was at Hibs but picked Burchill instead. Needless to say, when Miller moved to the Old Firm he got a regular place in Brown's Scotland team.

WeeRussell
05-02-2018, 02:42 AM
A lot of successful, high-up business people aren’t necessarily easy to deal with. I’ve found quite a few examples of that in working life... many of them are still very good at their jobs though.

majorhibs
05-02-2018, 04:46 AM
Agreed. As would anyone who listened to him on the BBC today. Taking enormous credit for failing to see that another goal against a non-trying Switzerland would easily see us through. That drawing with Norway could be seen as a good thing when so could an annihilation at the hands of a wonderful footballing nation like Morroco. Old school, Jack-the-lad erse.

IMO he's never had much time for Hibs, so I'm not exactly surprised by his laughable comments. The thing that always stood out for me was how he never picked Kenny Miller for Scotland while he was at Hibs but picked Burchill instead. Needless to say, when Miller moved to the Old Firm he got a regular place in Brown's Scotland team.

Mind a midweek game away tae Killie when Kieth Wright was on fire for us,scored in last 5 something like 6, we all passed this halfwit goin in, big Davie says ye must be here tae see our Keith, Andy Roxburghs right hand man says nae danger. He just wisnae happy as Scotland asst mgr in the queue for centre stand & being outed by Hibbies. But he also, along wi his then boss roxburgh, didnae look twice at Keith Wright who was on fire, & continued tae play auld squirm regulars who frankly at the time, couldnae have laced Keith Wright’s boots. F tae that auld dinosaur & I hope his organisation goes doon the tubes mair rapido than him. Outdated & holding Scotland back.