PDA

View Full Version : Toilet at Ibrox / Policing

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Right so pretty confused.

At 80 minutes the Police were not allowing us out to use the toilets, this continued whilst the lock in continued, so a good half an hour in total.

Can anyone confirm if A)this is legal B)is there are course of action that can be taken?

If you have a medical condition and need toilet, surely having no access for 30 minutes is unacceptable?

Future17
04-02-2018, 08:39 AM
It's not illegal for the police to do it providing they have a legitimate reasons to do so.

Your first step would be to write to Police Scotland:

http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/police-scotland/complaints-about-the-police/how-to-make-a-complaint/

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 08:47 AM
It's not illegal for the police to do it providing they have a legitimate reasons to do so.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/police-scotland/complaints-about-the-police/how-to-make-a-complaint/

Cheers Future,

I have questioned it with them, I was thinking along lines of Human rights.....

The_Horde
04-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Can't think what the legitimate reason would be?

southern hibby
04-02-2018, 09:21 AM
What gets me about the whole situation is that football fans are treated like criminals until proven so. I can understand keeping us in the stadium as they’ll quote our own protection etc........ but what I can’t understand is stopping us using the toilets when they too are inside the stadium.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure it would be illegal but there is no good reason for refusing access to the toilet considering there was presumably stewards/police on the exits preventing you from leaving the stadium.

You should have taken the shoulder number of the officer(s) who refused to allow you access to the toilet.

Carheenlea
04-02-2018, 09:25 AM
It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's :lolrangers:

http://i64.tinypic.com/k04uh5.jpg

Argylehibby
04-02-2018, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure it would be illegal but there is no good reason for refusing access to the toilet considering there was presumably stewards/police on the exits preventing you from leaving the stadium.

You should have taken the shoulder number of the officer(s) who refused to allow you access to the toilet.

You would need to take everyone's number in this case. They did let a mother take her child through but that was it. In fairness it's not the guys an girls standing there's fault, it's the people giving the orders to blame.

Baldy, send a letter to police Scotland and cc Hibs, The Rangers and a media outlet of your choice and see what joy you get.

Argylehibby
04-02-2018, 09:32 AM
It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's :lolrangers:

Send the photo to The Rangers security team and ask the question of them. I pointed him out to the police at the time but it looked like all they did was push him back from the front of the stand.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 09:33 AM

Very sad individual.

Also the woman (never sure of gender when you go through there) in the red jacket who must have been a similar age to the boy in the hat. She was noising up the Hibs fans and generally just being a complete tit.

Mysteriously disappeared towards the end of the game though.

Utter freaks of nature.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 09:43 AM
You would need to take everyone's number in this case. They did let a mother take her child through but that was it. In fairness it's not the guys an girls standing there's fault, it's the people giving the orders to blame.

Baldy, send a letter to police Scotland and cc Hibs, The Rangers and a media outlet of your choice and see what joy you get.

There can't have been that many officers that the OP spoke to though. I would just be taking a note of their number and including it in any complaint. I understand the fault lies further up the ranks with whoever is giving out these orders but it's absolutely out of order and in no way a safety risk to allow people to use the toilet.

Bostonhibby
04-02-2018, 09:45 AM
It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's [emoji38]rangers:

http://i64.tinypic.com/k04uh5.jpgOne of their "trudishuns" continue to be upheld by the stewards and hun friendly plod by the sounds of it.

In the 80's during a 1-1 draw we were spat on from above by the spineless beasts, the stewards smiled and did nothing. We spoke to glasgows finest who smiled and said what do you expect when you come to Glasgow?

Maybe the bobble hatted hero could be identified if the police or sevco were serious about dealing with spitting on members of the public as the hate crime it is?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
04-02-2018, 09:49 AM

When I gave him the opportunity to go outside he blanked me, I would love to have met him after the game, a 90 minute hardman who thinks he can do what he wants from the safety of their end.

wookie70
04-02-2018, 09:53 AM
It wasn't any better outside the ground. I was parked over the motorway, not listening to that advise on hibs.net again, and the Police wouldn't let you through that way. They said to go through the car park which was a dead end adding another 6 or 7 minutes to the journey before letting a few of us through. I know it is orders but some common sense is required. The officer should take a look behind them and realise there are no The Rangers fans left and certainly not misdirect you. Lesson learnt for me as I will always park in the away car park from now on.

Can Hibs speak to the police and get the The Rangers fans held back at Easter Road. That way Hibs fans could make their way home without waiting at the wall. Why is it us that always have to wait.

Ringothedog
04-02-2018, 10:27 AM
It wasn't any better outside the ground. I was parked over the motorway, not listening to that advise on hibs.net again, and the Police wouldn't let you through that way. They said to go through the car park which was a dead end adding another 6 or 7 minutes to the journey before letting a few of us through. I know it is orders but some common sense is required. The officer should take a look behind them and realise there are no The Rangers fans left and certainly not misdirect you. Lesson learnt for me as I will always park in the away car park from now on.

Can Hibs speak to the police and get the The Rangers fans held back at Easter Road. That way Hibs fans could make their way home without waiting at the wall. Why is it us that always have to wait.
If those arrogant **** bags were kept in after the game they would wreck the stand, they are horrible horrible specimens , I refuse to call them human

Billy Whizz
04-02-2018, 10:32 AM
I thought it was one of our calmer visits to Ibrox, but hope no one was injured by any objects been thrown
There’s no reason with a stewards convoy, we could bet have been left out at FT
Does every team get locked in at Ibrox? Only place we do, walked out Parkhead last week, same time as Celtic fans, no trouble at all

lucky
04-02-2018, 10:46 AM
I thought it was one of our calmer visits to Ibrox, but hope no one was injured by any objects been thrown
Does every team get locked in at Ibrox? Only place we do, walked out Parkhead last week, same time as Celtic fans, no trouble at all

This is a very sad post, the fact we can only leave a football ground with a stewards convoy is embarrassing to the whole of Scotland. It’s about time the police dealt with the criminals that claim to be Rangers supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Saw a young lady with bleeding nose after being hit with missile, she complained to police, who told her it was being dealt with by other officers, where the incident occurred

Silky
04-02-2018, 10:54 AM

At 80 minutes the Police were not allowing us out to use the toilets, this continued whilst the lock in continued, so a good half an hour in total.

Can anyone confirm if A)this is legal B)is there are course of action that can be taken?

If you have a medical condition and need toilet, surely having no access for 30 minutes is unacceptable?

I think this is illegal, BF. According to UN General Assembly Resolution 70/169, the right to sanitation entitles everyone “to have physical and affordable access to sanitation, in all spheres of life, that is safe, hygienic, secure, and socially and culturally acceptable and that provides privacy and ensures dignity.” Also seems to go against the provisions of Article 3 of the Human Rights Act as it could be construed as inhumane behaviour to deny access to a toilet. If Hibs fans were treated differently from The Rangers fans in this regard (and I believe they were) then it is discriminatory and I would complain forcefully.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 10:59 AM
I think this is illegal, BF. According to UN General Assembly Resolution 70/169, the right to sanitation entitles everyone “to have physical and affordable access to sanitation, in all spheres of life, that is safe, hygienic, secure, and socially and culturally acceptable and that provides privacy and ensures dignity.” Also seems to go against the provisions of Article 3 of the Human Rights Act as it could be construed as inhumane behaviour to deny access to a toilet. If Hibs fans were treated differently from The Rangers fans in this regard (and I believe they were) then it is discriminatory and I would complain forcefully.

Thanks Silky

Frazerbob
04-02-2018, 11:09 AM
One for our fan rep/board members?

CMurdoch
04-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Can't think what the legitimate reason would be?

Probably something to do with away fans wrecking the toilets which has also been a problem at Easter Road.
As usual decent folk end up suffering due to the behaviour of morons.

greenlex
04-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Should just have pissed on plods boots.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Should just have pissed on plods boots.:greengrin

End up in pokey with a indecent assault charge Lex....

greenlex
04-02-2018, 11:23 AM
End up in pokey with a indecent assault charge Lex....
:greengrin:greengrin

CMurdoch
04-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Send the photo to The Rangers security team and ask the question of them. I pointed him out to the police at the time but it looked like all they did was push him back from the front of the stand.

Exactly. The security team would bring him in for a warning. Due to lack of evidence he would deny it but at least his card would be marked.

Someone should have kept a spit marked piece of clothing given bawbags DNA would be on it.
Given his behaviour his DNA will almost certainly already be on Police systems and as such he would be immediately identified and charged with assault.

HibeeHibernian4
04-02-2018, 11:41 AM

Couldn't have used the Ibrox toilets anyway then :greengrin

One Day Soon
04-02-2018, 11:41 AM
If only there were a recent precedent for using CCTV, television footage and submitted mobile phone recordings to identify individuals for relatively minor public order offences at great expense over a protracted period....

basehibby
04-02-2018, 11:46 AM

Surprising and disappointing to see President Bashar Assad of Syria in the Huns end. Come on Bashar - what about the Golan Heights?!?

Oscar T Grouch
04-02-2018, 11:57 AM

Disability discrimination would come into play here I think. By not making arrangement for someone with a disability, especially one like T1D where the need to urinate becomes slightly more urgent they are breaking this law, given the short time these were withheld the UN law wouldn't really affect, but disability discrimination would. Saying that, my experience of telling PS about your T1D makes absolutely no difference to their thinking or treatment of you and your condition.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Boy two rows in front looked like he'd been hit on the head with a coin, he had a nasty looking cut on his head.

beensaidbefore
04-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Could someone from the club not invite a senior member of the sfa etc to sit with the supporters and film the abuse directed towards us? If that happened and still no action then we may as well give up and accept it will happen forever. Perhaps we need to be more reciprocal in our treatment of the Huns next time they are in town.

oconnors_strip
04-02-2018, 02:53 PM
According to a police officer when I was very grudgingly allowed to go to the toilet,( I have a medical condition), it was a 1 in 1 out policy and that it was for our safety and for fans not to mix! I asked how can that be when the toilets are for away fans only and also that the exit doors are shut and officers standing there aswell, was told to shut up and go watch the Match and Not to point when I pointed in the direction of the toilet!

matty_f
04-02-2018, 02:54 PM
According to a police officer when I was very grudgingly allowed to go to the toilet,( I have a medical condition), it was a 1 in 1 out policy and that it was for our safety and for fans not to mix! I asked how can that be when the toilets are for away fans only and also that the exit doors are shut and officers standing there aswell, was told to shut up and go watch the Match and Not to point when I pointed in the direction of the toilet!

Can you imagine them talking to theatre-goers like that?! Utter disgrace.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 02:57 PM

You should definitely have taken the officer's shoulder number and reported him/her.

Absolutely disgraceful way to speak to a member of the public.

And I say that as someone who is generally pro-police so I don't have an agenda.

green day
04-02-2018, 02:58 PM

Would get someone to film the exchange, ensure you get his number and ask to speak to his boss. These type of twats are not to be reasoned with.

Glasgow polis never change their spots. Huns without season tickets.

oconnors_strip
04-02-2018, 03:01 PM
You should definitely have taken the officer's shoulder number and reported him/her.

Absolutely disgraceful way to speak to a member of the public.

And I say that as someone who is generally pro-police so I don't have an agenda.

I was going to get their number but thought I might get arrested, also was about 4 of them around me. It’s shocking how they speak to the public, we pay their wages!!!

Hermit Crab
04-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Fans rep explained on our bus yesterday that the agreement was that we would be able to use the toilets but this privilege was withdrawn last week by the police, the excuse given was because the Aberdeen fans, who were allowed to go to the toilet started fighting with police (:fibber:) and that was the reason why we were denied our right to go to the toilets.

The fibber icon is not me saying that the fans rep is telling porkies, its me saying the police are talking baws.

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Fans rep explained on our bus yesterday that the agreement was that we would be able to use the toilets but this privilege was withdrawn last week by the police, the excuse given was because the Aberdeen fans, who were allowed to go to the toilet started fighting with police (:fibber:) and that was the reason why we were denied our right to go to the toilets.

The fibber icon is not me saying that the fans rep is telling porkies, its me saying the police are talking baws.

Aye ah wonder why, glesga polis are f,n dicks, well done the Dons fans. Mibbe next time Hibs fans should ask folk to film their exchanges with the polis and report the knuts

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 03:25 PM
I was going to get their number but thought I might get arrested, also was about 4 of them around me. It’s shocking how they speak to the public, we pay their wages!!!

It's a police officer's personal form of ID, that's the reason they have them on their uniform.

Asking for their shoulder number is definitely not an arrestable offence and they should show it to anyone who asks them for it.

hibsbollah
04-02-2018, 03:31 PM
It's a police officer's personal form of ID, that's the reason they have them on their uniform.

Asking for their shoulder number is definitely not an arrestable offence and they should show it to anyone who asks them for it.

On paper yes, you're right, but in reality as a football fan if you are perceived to be giving them cheek you are just as likely to be huckled out of ground and released without charge a few hours later. Even if that's just complaining about their behaviour and asking for their number. I've seen it happen to someone at Tynie who was being perfectly reasonable.

tmb1875
04-02-2018, 04:10 PM
B-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-02-2018, 04:40 PM
On paper yes, you're right, but in reality as a football fan if you are perceived to be giving them cheek you are just as likely to be huckled out of ground and released without charge a few hours later. Even if that's just complaining about their behaviour and asking for their number. I've seen it happen to someone at Tynie who was being perfectly reasonable.

If you were arrested or even just thrown out for that, there would be grounds for disciplinary action being taken.

It would be inexplicable for a police officer to take such drastic action against someone requesting a basic piece of information, as long as it was done in a civil manner.

Kavinho
04-02-2018, 05:03 PM
If you were arrested or even just thrown out for that, there would be grounds for disciplinary action being taken.

It would be inexplicable for a police officer to take such drastic action against someone requesting a basic piece of information, as long as it was done in a civil manner.

Think you need to come back to the reality of the situation.
Moral Highground aside, it goes nowhere helpful

Colr
04-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Can you imagine them talking to theatre-goers like that?! Utter disgrace.

Or rugby supporters. It’s a class thing.

HIBEELASS
04-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Boy two rows in front looked like he'd been hit on the head with a coin, he had a nasty looking cut on his head.

It was a lighter! Just in front of us.

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2018, 05:35 PM

It is indeed.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Maybe they should issue ponchos?
Mind you they’d probably confuse it with a Caixinha signing...

kaimendhibs
04-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Disgraceful treatment from the police. They need to remember that football fans are paying customers and not annoying criminals. I suffer from a bowel complaint so severe it's meant hospital stays. If I have to go I have to go. These clowns need to be reported.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Deejk107
04-02-2018, 07:12 PM
I think at this point surely it should be no surprise that when our fans go to that horrible place we're getting no protection from stewards or from the police and the reason for that surely must be the fact at least half of those stewards and police are huns themselves. That or they're the type of Glaswegian people who despise people from Edinburgh for no reason, went to one game at Ibrox in my life, my first and only away game. Was a wee boy at the game with my dad, one of them spat and it hit my scarf directly, inches from my face, my dad who at the time was furious turned to the nearest steward who clearly saw it happen and asked why the **** wasn't being removed and was politely told to "**** off back to Edinburgh you ****" I mean it just goes to show how corrupt they are in literally every single way.

lapsedhibee
04-02-2018, 09:58 PM
That or they're the type of Glaswegian people who despise people from Edinburgh for no reason
Is it an Edinburgh rather than fenian thing? Anyone know if they behave in the same way when Partick, or Kilmarnock, visit? :dunno:

CMurdoch
04-02-2018, 10:47 PM

If there was no need to segregate the crowd
If supporters didn't abuse each other physically and verbally
If away supporters didn't destroy property in the stadium
We would all have a better experience

It is a class thing in that all football teams have people with no class supporting them who cause nausea wherever they go which causes the rest of us to be treated less well than we expect and are used to.

Greenfly
04-02-2018, 11:17 PM
One of their "trudishuns" continue to be upheld by the stewards and hun friendly plod by the sounds of it.

In the 80's during a 1-1 draw we were spat on from above by the spineless beasts, the stewards smiled and did nothing. We spoke to glasgows finest who smiled and said what do you expect when you come to Glasgow?

Maybe the bobble hatted hero could be identified if the police or sevco were serious about dealing with spitting on members of the public as the hate crime it is?

I suspect I was at the same game as you BH. We were in the front section of the Broomloan end at the side nearest to the main stand and the old enclosure. We were in the 2nd back row and it was horrendous from start to finish - showered with Bovril, coffee and spit. At one point a cup full of piss came crashing down and hit a couple of folk in front of us. I complained to a cop and pointed out a prime offender in the upper section front row. He sounded sympathetic and said he knew about it and it was being dealt with but nothing changed. When it persisted I went back to the same cop in the 2nd half and was told with absolute certainty that if I kept causing trouble (ie. complaining) I would be thrown out or worse.

I did complain formally both to Rangers and Strathclyde Police both of whom did nothing other than send obviously standard letters ... "Regret if you feel that your match experience was disappointing ... We don't condone etc." but absolutely no action. Hibs weren't much more help either TBH - just replied that it was a matter for Rangers and the police (though probably fair enough).

Twice in my life I've had genuine reason to be grateful to Glasgow police (nothing to do with football) when helpful cops went the extra mile on both occasions but put on a scarf (particularly a green one) and some of them treat you like utter ****. It's degrading and is counter productive to them as well as it totally poisons attitudes to the police.

Ibrox should be a great day out. IMO it's the best stadium in Scotland. It should be a joy to visit. But it's almost always a horrible experience and leaves you feeling soiled - some of the stewards are just thugs in uniform and some of the police are no better. That, along with the bilious songs and verbal (some times far worse) abuse from so-called fans, makes it a day out to forget.

I suppose the one consolation is that it perversely makes days like yesterday (and I wasn't able to go) even more beautifully sweet than they'd otherwise be but no one should have to put up with the offensive, humiliating and criminal behaviour that goes with the whole event. I wish they were still in League 2 ... or worse - Scottish football gains nothing from that shameful club.

One final point in this lengthy ramble - and it's serious confession time! - I grew up as a Rangers fan in a bluenose family - taken to the old Ibrox regularly as a kid. I got shot of all that ****my baggage aged 12 (more that 40 years ago) when I made a conscious decision based on reasons and circumstances that I won't bore you with. It was the best decision I've ever made in my life. I do know genuinely decent Rangers fans who are good human beings but can't for the life of me understand why any reasonably minded or vaguely compassionate person chooses to follow a club with so much hateful bile attached to them. GGTTH.

monktonharp
05-02-2018, 12:04 AM
I am sick of reading all this stuff from our own fans, every time we go to Ibrox. lots of people I know, and can recognise on here. they continually complain of their experiences through there! when the hell is our club going to take some action about what is really happening. don't tell us that Hibernian fc cannot intervene, that is rubbish! tell the rangers that action can be taken , that we shall cut the allocation in half or better still , to the same numbers we are allocated to any home games at our ground. we could virtually fill their away end in any game but we get a palrty 900 or so seats. our fans are shat apon (almost) from above every time and we are held back for an untimely period after the game . whereas our home fans are stopped from getting home, by a barrier which looks like the Israelis have done in Palestine, or the Americans have built along the Mexican border!

monktonharp
05-02-2018, 12:09 AM

The fibber icon is not me saying that the fans rep is telling porkies, its me saying the police are talking baws.denied the "right" to go to the toilet? that is f/ing laughable! what if you pished on his leg? that is bloody silly stuff!!!

Deansy
05-02-2018, 12:10 AM
One for our fan rep/board members?

Wasn't LD meant to be having a meeting with the Huns/SFA (?) over how Hibs-fans (and other) are treated at ****brox ??

monktonharp
05-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Wasn't LD meant to be having a meeting with the Huns/SFA (?) over how Hibs-fans (and other) are treated at ****brox ?? as Scott Brown would say....Dunno

HibeeHibernian4
05-02-2018, 01:20 AM
If there was no need to segregate the crowd
If supporters didn't abuse each other physically and verbally
If away supporters didn't destroy property in the stadium
We would all have a better experience

It is a class thing in that all football teams have people with no class supporting them who cause nausea wherever they go which causes the rest of us to be treated less well than we expect and are used to.

Football would be a much poorer game if the crowds weren't segregated.

jgl07
05-02-2018, 01:52 AM
I experienced the same problem at Hibs v Aberdeen some years ago. I was in the South Stand which was split for that match. It was decided to keep back the Hibs fans from the South at the end. The dumbass police decide that rather than holding the rear doors, they would not allow anyone to enter the back area. No amount of reasoning with Lothian and Borders prize idiot produced a resolution. He argued that it was a top Category match. The point was that if it had been Category A, the Hibs supporters would not have been anywhere near the South Stand.

This was not as bad as I experienced in my first (and only) League match at Ibrox around 1994. The gargoyles were spitting, throwing cups of piss and who knows what from the upper tier at the Hibs support below. Meanwhile the stewards and the Strathclyde Police looked away. It was blatantly obvious as some of the orcs were practically hanging over from the top tier while gobbing.

Things haven't changed over the years. Heavy handed policing in inappropriate situations while 'looking the other way' when there ought to have been intervention.

greenbelly
05-02-2018, 02:04 AM
Re. the being showered in spit, pi$$, coins etc. I read some article years back where PSG had to erect a plexiglass cover for their away end when playing Marseilles ( due to some rivalry trouble between them).
Surely there's enough reports by now about treatment of away fans at greyskull, to warrant the rangers being forced to erect something like that?
Might even help with acoustics for the singing too, interspersed by the clattering on the roof of whatever the locals still reckon is worth throwing our way.

Bostonhibby
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
I suspect I was at the same game as you BH. We were in the front section of the Broomloan end at the side nearest to the main stand and the old enclosure. We were in the 2nd back row and it was horrendous from start to finish - showered with Bovril, coffee and spit. At one point a cup full of piss came crashing down and hit a couple of folk in front of us. I complained to a cop and pointed out a prime offender in the upper section front row. He sounded sympathetic and said he knew about it and it was being dealt with but nothing changed. When it persisted I went back to the same cop in the 2nd half and was told with absolute certainty that if I kept causing trouble (ie. complaining) I would be thrown out or worse.

I did complain formally both to Rangers and Strathclyde Police both of whom did nothing other than send obviously standard letters ... "Regret if you feel that your match experience was disappointing ... We don't condone etc." but absolutely no action. Hibs weren't much more help either TBH - just replied that it was a matter for Rangers and the police (though probably fair enough).

Twice in my life I've had genuine reason to be grateful to Glasgow police (nothing to do with football) when helpful cops went the extra mile on both occasions but put on a scarf (particularly a green one) and some of them treat you like utter ****. It's degrading and is counter productive to them as well as it totally poisons attitudes to the police.

Ibrox should be a great day out. IMO it's the best stadium in Scotland. It should be a joy to visit. But it's almost always a horrible experience and leaves you feeling soiled - some of the stewards are just thugs in uniform and some of the police are no better. That, along with the bilious songs and verbal (some times far worse) abuse from so-called fans, makes it a day out to forget.

I suppose the one consolation is that it perversely makes days like yesterday (and I wasn't able to go) even more beautifully sweet than they'd otherwise be but no one should have to put up with the offensive, humiliating and criminal behaviour that goes with the whole event. I wish they were still in League 2 ... or worse - Scottish football gains nothing from that shameful club.

One final point in this lengthy ramble - and it's serious confession time! - I grew up as a Rangers fan in a bluenose family - taken to the old Ibrox regularly as a kid. I got shot of all that ****my baggage aged 12 (more that 40 years ago) when I made a conscious decision based on reasons and circumstances that I won't bore you with. It was the best decision I've ever made in my life. I do know genuinely decent Rangers fans who are good human beings but can't for the life of me understand why any reasonably minded or vaguely compassionate person chooses to follow a club with so much hateful bile attached to them. GGTTH.Not a rant at all.

We were in the same area, it was a 1 all draw.

Willie Jamieson scored. If you remember a blonde guy in a brown leather jacket eventually having a go back and getting grabbed by a steward that was my mate. Got a severe talking to but not ejected to be fair.

I agree with you re the stadium but because they're not maintaining it it's age is starting to show.

I'm related to one hun who actually goes to more Hibs games now as he takes his kids and doesn't want them "infected by all the hate stuff".

Dealt with a few in my working life, mediocre people who think being in their gang somehow increases their ability.

Even had one say at a contract meeting that we'd no chance of winning the deal as a Hibby was involved.

Sadly for him and his employer he hadn't done his homework as I was advising the company placing the contract rather than tendering. Hun lost out on merit but the coffee break was interesting☺