PDA

View Full Version : How players performed/ didn't perform?

AugustaHibs
03-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Just back from the pub after being at ibrox today.. surely I can't be the only one who isn't just delighted we won regardless of personal rating? Absolutely delighted! I don't feel like we deserved it as for about 30 mins in the 2md half they were alll over us... but who cares!!

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Just back from the pub after being at ibrox today.. surely I can't be the only one who isn't just delighted we won regardless of personal rating? Absolutely delighted! I don't feel like we deserved it as for about 30 mins in the 2md half they were alll over us... but who cares!!

Isn’t that 30 minute period one of the reasons we DID deserve it? During that time the defence stood up well (considering it was makeshift) and the goalie made a couple of great saves. Only conceded from a soft free kick but then went back up the other end and got back ahead. Saw the game out well from there on in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
04-02-2018, 07:53 AM
How many teams have we dominated over the last few years and not beaten ?!

Hibs deserve yesterday.

RoscoHibby
04-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Compared to the huns victory at ER, 3pts hugely deserved yesterday..

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2018, 08:19 AM
All played well, and a thoroughly merited 3 points for the Cabbage

Borderhibbie76
04-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Compared to the huns victory at ER, 3pts hugely deserved yesterday..This in spades...it's payback for their Dick Turpin job they done on is at ER in Dec

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 10:02 AM
We're still due more justice after completely destroying the huns at ER in December. Yesterday doesn't come close.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2018, 04:15 PM

I think you are the only one to think that way...

That 30mins you speak of won us the game! Yes they were all over us but we stood up to this and didnt buckle under the pressure.

Whether or not we deserve to win games should be judged over the 90mins played and we DID play some!

wookie70
04-02-2018, 04:18 PM
I think you are the only one to think that way...

That 30mins you speak of won us the game! Yes they were all over us but we stood up to this and didnt buckle under the pressure.

Whether or not we deserve to win games should be judged over the 90mins played and we DID play some!

I thought we were all over them in the first half and played some lovely stuff. I think we are a wee bit unlucky to have only got 6 points from the three games. The game yesterday was relatively even one half to them and one to us but we destroyed them at ER and got nothing

Carheenlea
04-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Played some great football first half, defended well in second half when under a long period of pressure, great goalkeeping, showed character by getting straight back at them after equaliser to win a penalty and score. Saw game out comfortably - a well earned and fully deserved three points.

proud_and_green
04-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Tony Mowbray used to say that understanding the ebb and flow of the game is incredibly important and that teams need to understand that they won't control the game for 90 mins and recognise when it is the other team in the ascendancy and respond accordingly. My feeling is that how you deal with those periods when you are under the kosh is at least as important, if not more important, as those periods when you have the game in your pocket.

bigwheel
04-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Tony Mowbray used to say that understanding the ebb and flow of the game is incredibly important and that teams need to understand that they won't control the game for 90 mins and recognise when it is the other team in the ascendancy and respond accordingly. My feeling is that how you deal with those periods when you are under the kosh is at least as important, if not more important, as those periods when you have the game in your pocket.

Very interesting and important point....[emoji106]

kaimendhibs
04-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Of course we deserved it. Scored two goals away from home and makeshift defence stood up.brilliantly to.pressure.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

SideBurns
04-02-2018, 07:03 PM
I was at the two 3-0 wins at Ibrox in 2005-06 and we weathered a storm for the majority of both matches before running riot. Even against the present (equally mingin') incarnation of the Huns, you're always going to have a period when you need to ride your luck and defend for your life through there, and we did it yesterday when it was necessary. Different class!