PDA

View Full Version : For the drop

Lancs Harp
03-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Pretty tight down at the bottom of the SPL with just 5 points separating the bottom 4, Ross look to be in a fair bit of trouble but the play off place looks like it will go down to the wire.

St Johnstone out of form and only a point above Dundee but have games in hand to add to the mix too (if their current form continues, but you would think they will be ok)

Dundee 25pts (from 25 games)
Partick 24 pts (from 25)
Hamilton 23 pts (from 24)
Ross Co 20pts (from 26)

Ross C for the drop and Partick for the play off spot gets my vote. (well this week likely to change again!)

IGRIGI
03-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Ross County done their usual in spending in January so I wouldn't be surprised to see them avoid the drop.

Dundee are the ones that might collapse for me.

murray26
03-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Hamilton for me..

Glory Lurker
03-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Ross County done their usual in spending in January so I wouldn't be surprised to see them avoid the drop.

Dundee are the ones that might collapse for me.

Result at Dens certainly backs that up.

Green Fish
03-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Hamilton and Dundee poorer sides after window imo.
Think Ross Co will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorrie
03-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Cannae believe we got Allan from Dundee. They could miss him big time

Pete
03-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Hamilton with Dundee toiling towards the play-offs because they don’t have a Scott Allan type player.

IGRIGI
03-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Hamilton with Dundee toiling towards the play-offs because they don’t have a Scott Allan type player.

I'd be fuming if I was a Dundeh fan, mind blowing that McCann let him go.

sambajustice
03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Would love a Dundee V United play off with Dundee keeping the tangerine tarts down and hopefully turning them into one of those perma lower league teams!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Dundee against United in the play off finals would two cracking games. Think that Dundee need to get a centre half on a freezer pronto.

danhibees1875
03-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Previous wanted Hamilton and Ross county out and saints and utd back up.

But for for Fontaine, I'll change my mind. :aok:

BoltonHibee
03-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Hamilton to make the drop, Dundee in Play off place. Riss County will be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs#1
03-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Think ross county will just get out of it, as someone else said could see someone like St Johnstone collapsing like we did a few years ago.

Keyser Sauzee
03-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Hamilton and Dundee, both teams lost their best players in January and haven’t replaced them. Would like Hamilton to finish bottom just so it’s the Dundee derby in the playoff

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Just feels great to not be anywhere near involved in it..and battling it out at top and for Euro places. Great being a Hibee just now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2018, 07:50 PM
I'd be fuming if I was a Dundee fan, mind blowing that McCann let him go.

This

Is It On....
03-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Thought this was about Sevco getting closer to falling outside the European qualifying spot and dropping into financial oblivion (again) 😂😂

Is It On....
03-02-2018, 08:00 PM

I thought Celtic recalled his loan deal?

Crab apple
03-02-2018, 08:01 PM
I’d like to see Hamilton go down.

danhibees1875
03-02-2018, 08:03 PM
I thought Celtic recalled his loan deal?

I presume Dundee approved it, or they wouldn't have played ball with Bain so easily.

snedzuk
03-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Dundee against United in the play off finals would two cracking games. Think that Dundee need to get a centre half on a freezer pronto.

More chance of that in dundee than a striker on a washing machine.

AZhibee
04-02-2018, 04:53 AM

Indeed, two top players gone when they are not far from relegation.

HoboHarry
04-02-2018, 04:59 AM

If they don't they may have to put their SPL dreams on ice....

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Really hope Dundee stay up and United come up with St Mirren. We need the bigger clubs in the top league. For me Ross County dont bring much to the Premiership. Ross County and Hamilton down would be nice.

Wilson
04-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Ross County couldn't buy a win but they skelped Dundee. That is not a good sign.

I fear they will miss Scott Allan.

Dundee for the drop.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Wonder why Dundee didn't ask about Fonts? Understand that selling Hendry left them short to get a replacement in but we were at least one team that they were talking to.

Diclonius
04-02-2018, 02:16 PM
My preference would be Hamilton straight down (a team that their miniscule support don't deserve IMO) with Dundee United beating Partick in the playoffs. I like Ross County (a very well run club and enjoy trips to the Highlands) and from Carnoustie so got a soft spot for both Dundee teams.

where'stheslope
04-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Scott Allen to Hibs?

As they could end up dropping down, losing his wage bill in the window helps for next year.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2018, 02:42 PM

Allan expressed his desire to return to Hibs, McCann let him go as he wants players that will play for the badge.

southsider
04-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Allan expressed his desire to return to Hibs, McCann let him go as he wants players that will play for the badge.

can we put in a bid for SA whilst he on loan to us ?

Hermit Crab
04-02-2018, 03:02 PM
can we put in a bid for SA whilst he on loan to us ?

Don't see any reason why it cant be discussed at board level, I cant see him breaking into that Celtic team next season so it makes sense to let him go and play his football elsewhere. The only draw back is he is on a 4 year deal which expires in 2019.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Its tough to call:

DUNDEE ..... one of the better teams to visit ER this season IMO and its difficult to say based on their football that day why they are doing so badly. I want to see them stay up and for Utd to come up ....... The thought of the top league with the three biggest derby matches next season floats my boat no end.

HAMILTON .....I have nothing against them as such and I admire the hardy thousand or so who stick by them .... but it cant be denied that as an 'attraction' they bring nothing to the table and they have a two sided stadium and a bloody plastic pitch .... boo hiss !!! to both.

PARTICK ..... Like Hamilton fans to be admired ... on the upside they can deliver an away support way out of proportion to their home crowds, the downside is they are another club with a three sided bloody ground.

ROSS COUNTY .... Incredible support for a town the size of Peebles, a super away trip, a 4 sided ground, and Fonts plays for them ... what's not to like? :greengrin ... downside is the travelling and their unsurprisingly tiny away support.

I would still say of the 4 Ross County look most likely and I wouldn't bet for a second on Dundee Utd beating any of the 4 relegation candidates in a play off, though a derby with Dundee would be a bit harder to call.

If its a preference I would like to see Hamilton and Ross County ( sorry Fonts ) replaced by St Mirren and Dundee Utd purely from a benefit to the league point of view. If not Utd then Dunfermline .. decent support and a proper football ground.

jgl07
05-02-2018, 02:26 PM
McCann rarely started him for whatever reason and may see Simon Murray as a better bet. He is bonkers though.

I suspect that Scott Allan played his best match on Saturday since he left Hibs previously. He really hit the ground running. Almost like he had never been away.

JDHibs
05-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Itll be between Partick and Hamilton for the drop.

Hamilton lost 3 or 4 big players for them in Devlin, Docherty and Donati for a start. Partick barely signed anyone.

Ross Co will be fine after signing some decent players. Saints will turn it around and Dundee have still got some decent players to call upon

hibbyfraelibby
05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Fonts will keep Ross County up. Hamilton Accies love the play offs and Dundee will collapse as their diddy manager pins his best players by the throat against the wall as a motivational technique.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2018, 05:41 PM
I hope Ross County stay up, I love a wee trip up to the Highlands, especially since Inverness went down. No trips up there at all would be disappointing.

Out of the teams that are down there, I don't particularly have a team that I want to see go down although considering the fact that St Mirren are likely to be promoted, I wouldn't mind it if they replaced another west of Scotland team so Hamilton might be my preference if I was pushed for an answer.

Sammy7nil
05-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Dundee for the drop
Hamilton for the play off they will lose to Livingston their sixty season tickets will go berserk :greengrin