PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon - Superb

One Day Soon
03-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone who thinks he isn't committed to us go listen to his Radio Scotland interview just now.

"That result is right up there in terms of managerial achievement with the Barcelona result".

Absolutely love it.

-Jonesy-
03-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone who thinks he isn't committed to us go listen to his Radio Scotland interview just now.

"That result is right up there in terms of managerial achievement with the Barcelona result".

Absolutely love it.

Giving the Hun far far too much credit

Captain Trips
03-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Now so we can all prepare ourselves was there at any point a gesture?

xyz23jc
03-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Backhanded compliment to the Team, and richly deserved! Fantastic result, and no more than we deserved! GGTTH. :nlgwa

Famous Fiver
Bigged up Scott Allan.

Scott should be rushing to sign a five year contract on Monday morning after that endorsement.

I think this is as good as I have felt sine 4.45 ish on 21.05.2016.

Just away to give the Andy Halliday song an airing!!

CathroMustStay
Neil Francis Lennon = consecutive wins at Ibrox & born to skelp huns (oldco or newco alike).

A passionate, eloquent, soft spoken man who is always looking to learn and progress as a football manager.

His success leaves the bigots and knuckle draggers trailing in his wake.

I am so proud that this man is Hibernian manager, and I hope he is for many years to come.

:nlgwa

Cabbage East
03-02-2018, 05:17 PM
We are lucky to have him.

One Day Soon
03-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Neil Francis Lennon = consecutive wins at Ibrox & born to skelp huns (oldco or newco alike).

A passionate, eloquent, soft spoken man who is always looking to learn and progress as a football manager.

I am so proud that this man is Hibernian manager, and I hope he is for many years to come.

You know, the admin pricks really should be trying to find a way of adding a 'like' button for posts like this.

IGRIGI
03-02-2018, 05:19 PM
I couldn't make head or tail of the formation at first but Neil pulled off something I thought was only possible while playing FIFA.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Lenny ended his interview by describing our victory at Ibrox as ‘sensational’

great stuff. Passionate about Hibs. Hopefully every Hibby can put faith in Lenny and our squad! :flag:

Dibben
You know, the admin pricks really should be trying to find a way of adding a 'like' button for posts like this.

*Like* 👍🏻😁

hibsbollah

Disagree. It can't be forgotten they have somewhere around SEVEN times our budget. And we consistently beat them more often than not for four or five years now? Everyone at the club needs to take a massive amount of credit.

hibbie02
Head Peacock! :flag:

Bishop Hibee
Yet after the defeat to Hearts he was getting slated by some on here. Well done Lenny. Instilling a winning mentality little by little at Hibs.

SuperAllyMcleod
03-02-2018, 05:21 PM

I heard they were just about to but got fed up with folk calling them pricks? [emoji3][emoji3]

Johnny_Leith
03-02-2018, 05:22 PM
I love the gaffer. Doing a great job!

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2018, 05:23 PM
He has somehow dragged this team through a horrendous set of fixtures and a set of circumstances which would have disrupted any club to come out the other end with their tails up .... Peacocks indeed :greengrin

That's the sign of a good manager ... he wont get it right all the time and even I who knows sod all about formations and all that scratch my head at his selections at times ... but the positives always seem to outweigh the negatives when it comes to NL so long may it continue :aok:

One Day Soon
03-02-2018, 05:23 PM
I heard they were just about to but got fed up with folk calling them pricks? [emoji3][emoji3]

Really? Bunch o pricks eh?

-Jonesy-
03-02-2018, 05:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVIBw48W4AIYCM7?format=jpg&name=large
Oops I did it again!!

Paisley Hibby
03-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Not really. He went on to explain that he was so pleased because despite the number of games we've had to play recently and the fact we were missing Hanlon, MaCGregor, Whitaker and Gray we still won.

WhileTheChief..
03-02-2018, 05:25 PM
He just gets it right.

He knows exactly what is required to win games and it’s amazing how much he changes things depending on the opposition or players available.

Today was a stunning example of being able to adapt. He’s an absolutely fantastic manager that we’re privileged to have.

He certainly seems to be loving life at Hibs and his commitment and passion cannot be disputed.

Brilliant.

Doh Rae Me
03-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Again.

I love Neil Lennon.

theonlywayisup
03-02-2018, 05:26 PM
:nlgwa:nlgwa:nlgwa

'Up there with Barcelona,' says jubilant Lennon
FT: Rangers 1-2 Hibernian

"It's up there with the Barcelona result in my managerial career," Hibs boss Neil Lennon tells BBC Scotland, recalling his 2012 Champions League triumph with Celtic.

"It's an incredible result given under the circumstances, with all the injuries we had.

"We played fantastically well, particularly in the first half.

"Rangers came back strongly but we decided to play again after they equalised and got the penalty.

"That was our fifth game in 13 days and I've lost (defenders) Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor, Steven Whittaker and David Gray. I had Lewis Stevenson playing at left centre-half, lots of square pegs in round holes.

"I couldn't be prouder of the players."

Joe Baker2
03-02-2018, 05:27 PM
In Lenno we Trust:flag::nlgwa

Famous Fiver
03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
I can feel another Lewis Stevenson thread coming on.

Don't want to hijack this thread but wee Lewis's critics must have their gas at a peep tonight.

Lendo
03-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Neil Lennon’s Peacock Army

HoboHarry
03-02-2018, 05:39 PM
I can feel another Lewis Stevenson thread coming on.

Don't want to hijack this thread but wee Lewis's critics must have their gas at a peep tonight.
They are too busy booting the dug around the garden......

tamig
03-02-2018, 05:43 PM
He just gets it right.

He knows exactly what is required to win games and it’s amazing how much he changes things depending on the opposition or players available.

Today was a stunning example of being able to adapt. He’s an absolutely fantastic manager that we’re privileged to have.

He certainly seems to be loving life at Hibs and his commitment and passion cannot be disputed.

Brilliant.
Absolutely. Will be interesting to hear Steve20s assessment tonight 😀

SideBurns
03-02-2018, 05:44 PM
The man is a marvellous Hibs manager. Of course, in his interview he was asked about Scott Allan and mentioned Celtic in his reply which might irritate some on here, but as far as I'm concerned he can talk about Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Lucifer, Pinochet, or even Thatcher or Trump - as long as he finishes up by saying: WE GAVE YOUR BOYS A HELL OF A BEATING!!

The Harp Awakes
03-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Top Manager who has the ability to motivate players and get the best out of them. I hope he's with us for a long time.

SirDavidsNapper
03-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Absolutely love it.

Come on Neil its Sevco not Aberdeen

tynehibs
03-02-2018, 05:48 PM
These hands are not cupped ?dissapointing

tamig
03-02-2018, 05:51 PM
The man is a marvellous Hibs manager. Of course, in his interview he was asked about Scott Allan and mentioned Celtic in his reply which might irritate some on here, but as far as I'm concerned he can talk about Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Lucifer, Pinochet, or even Thatcher or Trump - as long as he finishes up by saying: WE GAVE YOUR BOYS A HELL OF A BEATING!!
Aye but he was making the point that to sign for Celtic you can’t be a duff player. Fair comment tbh.

Stevie Reid
03-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Have never doubted him. Never had a single reason to 💚

Lago
03-02-2018, 05:56 PM
We are lucky to have him.
We are very lucky to have him.

SideBurns
03-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Aye but he was making the point that to sign for Celtic you can’t be a duff player. Fair comment tbh.

Of course he was - my point was his interview today could have consisted of "Celtic, Celtic, Celtic..." ad nauseam. Who cares when he's doing such an great job at Hibs? Magic.

Jack Hackett
03-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Top Manager who has the ability to motivate players and get the best out of them. I hope he's with us for a long time.

Well, with maybe one exception... but I can forgive him that :greengrin

Onion
03-02-2018, 06:02 PM
I couldn't make head or tail of the formation at first but Neil pulled off something I thought was only possible while playing FIFA.

Makes a nice change. How often have we come up against patchwork teams, who somehow turn us over ?

Also nice to get a penalty at Ibrox. A rare treat.

matty_f
03-02-2018, 06:08 PM
How he got a result and that performance out of the team today I'll never know, but he did. Incredible, the last time we got as big a result in as bad circumstances was probably the Casper derby at the PBS.

So proud of Lennon and the team this evening, they are a credit to the club.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Yet after the defeat to Hearts he was getting slated by some on here. Well done Lenny. Instilling a winning mentality little by little at Hibs.

That’s true and he’s gone through a difficult few weeks having to release a few popular players and putting faith in his new signings - esp Scott Allan. His judgement and his ability to deal with criticisms thrown his way shows why he’s a great Hibs manager!

JimBHibees
03-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Have never doubted him. Never had a single reason to 💚

Totally agree a brilliant appointment.

mentalhibee
03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVIBw48W4AIYCM7?format=jpg&name=large
Oops I did it again!!

Is that today? If so....brilliant!

Onceinawhile
03-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Makes a nice change. How often have we come up against patchwork teams, who somehow turn us over ?

Also nice to get a penalty at Ibrox. A rare treat.

Happens once every super blue blood moon.

Hibbyradge
03-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Is that today? If so....brilliant!

Not today.

lyonhibs
03-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. We're incredibly lucky to have him.

He gets it.

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Has tactical genius been mentioned?

GreenCastle
03-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Been a big fan since he’s arrived.

A winner and he gets Hibs plus hates the Huns and Yams.

Love watching this Hibs team !

Steve20
03-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Absolutely. Will be interesting to hear Steve20s assessment tonight 😀

Hibs were superb. Got it right round those hun *****

Notice it’s not the first time my names been mentioned recently. Sorry if you don’t like my comments but I say it how it is. Any Hibs fan, and there’s plenty that know me, will say the same.

Just enjoy tonight beating that lot. Glad my opinion is so important to you.

jacomo
03-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Not much focus on our set up and tactics today.

Given our injuries (and he clearly doesn’t trust our new rb yet) he did a great job. Undone only by a superb free kick against us.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Have never doubted him. We'll have spells where we go through a run of games where we drop points we shouldn't but if we won all the games everyone expected us to, we'd be champions.

We've got a fantastic manager who's sole focus is giving his all and making Hibernian as good as we can be.

SirDavidsNapper
03-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Enjoy it while we can

mjhibby
03-02-2018, 07:35 PM
How he got a result and that performance out of the team today I'll never know, but he did. Incredible, the last time we got as big a result in as bad circumstances was probably the Casper derby at the PBS.

So proud of Lennon and the team this evening, they are a credit to the club.

The manager and the team make me immensely proud to be a hibs fan. When I seen the line up and formation I thought how the hell do we get a result. I like to think I'm tactically aware but Lennons thinking is just amazing and to win minus so many regulars plus guys like kamberi and mclaren having just joined the team is bloody amazing. Just think what he can achieve if given the ammunition. He's definitely installing a winning mentality into the team. I doubt many teams will get nine points when playing our last four opponents.

Baldy Foghorn
03-02-2018, 07:40 PM
NL gets Hibs, a born winner.

hibs#1
03-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Big fan of Lennon hopefully here for a few successful years yet.

Crab apple
03-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Top man. He loves the big games. Feel very confident going to the weedge with him in charge.

Posh Hibby
03-02-2018, 07:54 PM
Think we're a good for him, and he's a great fit for us!

Hope he sticks around for a while!

jacomo
03-02-2018, 08:13 PM

Notice it’s not the first time my names been mentioned recently. Sorry if you don’t like my comments but I say it how it is. Any Hibs fan, and there’s plenty that know me, will say the same.

Fair comment. You are far from being the only grumpy Hibs fan!

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Big fan of Lennon hopefully here for a few successful years yet.

Enjoy him while we can, if LD gets the gig, he will probably be off.

wookie70
03-02-2018, 08:27 PM
He just gets it right.

Brilliant.

I'll certainly give him credit for the change when Barker went off but I think him getting injured was a blessing in disguise. The shape looked far better when he went off and we went on to control the bulk of the first half and were very good value for our HT lead. Not for the first time an enforced change has improved us which always begs the question why did we not start that way. Well done to him today though. Whilst I'm not convinced about his tactics at times there is no doubt he can get players playing for him and the badge and the effort in the second half, when players looked out on their feet, was amazing.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2018, 09:25 PM
The manager and the team make me immensely proud to be a hibs fan. When I seen the line up and formation I thought how the hell do we get a result. I like to think I'm tactically aware but Lennons thinking is just amazing and to win minus so many regulars plus guys like kamberi and mclaren having just joined the team is bloody amazing. Just think what he can achieve if given the ammunition. He's definitely installing a winning mentality into the team. I doubt many teams will get nine points when playing our last four opponents.I was literally petrified when I saw the line up at 2pm...thought we were going for a 5 4 win or something. But who am I?? That was a gutsy decision and it paid off big time. Tremendous day to be a Hibee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacomo
03-02-2018, 10:23 PM
I was literally petrified when I saw the line up at 2pm...thought we were going for a 5 4 win or something. But who am I?? That was a gutsy decision and it paid off big time. Tremendous day to be a Hibee

What is Gary Parker’s role in all this? He deserves a mention. Neil is the face of the operation but it’s a real partnership.

hibees 7062
04-02-2018, 12:32 AM
These hands are not cupped ?dissapointing

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27545673_10214479258278294_8132422092452924149_n.j pg?oh=671ef86e123901a16cb15ab28d250476&oe=5B207554

hibby6270
04-02-2018, 06:53 AM

SAM - I’m sure with your skill set, you could make a ‘like’ button a reality!!:agree::wink: BH

Libby Hibby
04-02-2018, 07:19 AM

I don’t think it was just the Hearts result but our general form through December. The Hearts game was the pinnacle of this and add in the stokes omni shambles in the window, some and rightly so were questioning him but once again, I think he has proved his doubters wrong. I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan, he’s sorted out the squad and the storm cloud over the club with stokes now appears to be lifted...long may it continue.

green day
04-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Neil Lennons post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_HNFE91RE

Really like this guy

Carheenlea
04-02-2018, 09:32 AM
He sets high standards, and it's the consistency of performance that stands out for me. There have been very few poor performances under Lennon, and while yesterday was a magnificent result, it was no surprise. I went to Ibrox expecting to win.

Sioux
04-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I don’t think it was just the Hearts result but our general form through December. The Hearts game was the pinnacle of this and add in the stokes omni shambles in the window, some and rightly so were questioning him but once again, I think he has proved his doubters wrong. I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan, he’s sorted out the squad and the storm cloud over the club with stokes now appears to be lifted...long may it continue.

Ah, so the toys are out the pram coz we lost to hertz.

jacomo
04-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Never let it be said that Hibs fans are a fickle bunch...

:wink:

poolman
04-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Eh! Not fussed if he left cos we lost 1-0 to the Yams ?

Are you for real :rolleyes:

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-02-2018, 10:44 AM
Eh! Not fussed if he left cos we lost 1-0 to the Yams ?

Are you for real :rolleyes:

And 2 weeks later being "Lennon's biggest fan" 😂😂😂

Borderhibbie76
04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
I don’t think it was just the Hearts result but our general form through December. The Hearts game was the pinnacle of this and add in the stokes omni shambles in the window, some and rightly so were questioning him but once again, I think he has proved his doubters wrong. I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan, he’s sorted out the squad and the storm cloud over the club with stokes now appears to be lifted...long may it continue.Maybe after our next poor-ish result you would do well to remember your words in this post. Bad results will come.again but some of the knee-jerk stuff on here lately has been a bit of a joke tbh we are clear 4th and now 2 pts of second in our 1st season back in prem for 4 years. I really don't know what some people expect of us

blaikie
04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Best all round Hibs manager in my lifetime - he is tactically aware and knows how to win with style or grind out results, the way he wanted to come to us speaks volumes about his belief in us as a club!

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 10:52 AM
I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan

:hilarious

And this is why nobody in football should pay attention to the fans. Supporters views and "cast iron" opinions change as results change.

"Get rid" can change to "Longer contract" overnight.

Personally, I'm going to bookmark "Lennon is a genius" and "Lennon is a dud" auto-fills to take the hassle out of thinking beyond my knee jerk emotional reactions.

"I'm never going back" is another.

southern hibby
04-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Tin hat firmly on here. To me NL has not addressed several issues during the season. Throw ins are probably the worst for keeping retention of the ball in the league and if not they must be well up there.

However my biggest criticism must come from goals conceded at the back post. Or alternatively NOT winning the ball at the back post. We have not addressed this all season and look at times absolute shambles.

On the positives though, NL has proved to me to be a leader look at the Stokes incident, he made a decision to get rid and followed it through. It was him who went after Stokes as his major signing and when he had to make the decision to cut all ties he did.

I really do believe we can get to Europe this season and next actually challenge for a cup and possibly a higher league finish which is all positive for us as fans and for the club in general.

One last thing yesterday proved ( to me at least ) that the players picked, put everything into the game to get a result for the club and fans. Not one or two players BUT every single player gave their all for that win yesterday. Motivation and man management skills certainly seem to be one of his strong points.

Problem HE HAS NOW is who does he pick for the next game.

GGTTH

wookie70
04-02-2018, 11:12 AM
He has always been in the not sure category for me. It has never really went far above that or far below. He was simply doing a job. The biggest issue for me has been his signings and tactics. The signings column looks to have taken a step forward at the moment as Kamberi looks decent(Simon Murray did too) and Allen seems to have fitted right in and was excellent for 30 minutes yesterday(Stokes was excellent occasionally too). If they both kick on and Maclaren turns out to be decent too then that will be a major plus point. Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.

The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all. We were outnumbered time after time down our right and The Rangers were always going to score at some point. That said we won the game and it's a results business. He is sitting comfortably in 4th despite a hard run of games and lots of injuries to key personnel. For me he has crept into the performing better than expected marking and now we are in touching distance of 3rd has an opportunity to go higher.

RoxburghHibs
04-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.

He’s been brought in as cover nothing to do with Lennon not knowing what to do with him???

Argylehibby
04-02-2018, 11:23 AM
He just gets it right.

Brilliant.

A big part of that ability to change things like yesterday is confidence. He installs confidence in the players that they can do what he asks of them. They have the confidence in him that what he's asking of them will get them the result they want.

As others have said we are lucky to have him.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 11:23 AM
The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all.

We had 5 first team players out injured.

The only reaction possible had to be from the players on the pitch, and react they did.

Rangers may have had a lot of possession, but we kept their chances to the minimum.

And we won because of it.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2018, 11:28 AM

The only reaction possible had to be from the players on the pitch, and react they did.

Rangers may have had a lot of possession, but we kept their chances to the minimum.

And we won because of it.

Cant have done, we were tore a new one? :confused:

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Add to that it was our 5th game in 13 days which included away trips to Celtic and Hearts.

Lennon said fatigue played a huge part yesterday so it’s no surprise if we dropped off a bit in the 2nd half. Of course Rangers we’re going to come back at us, they’re not as bad as folk try to make out.

Rherras isn’t playing just now because Lennon hasn’t had much chance to work with him. He said that training has been difficult because they’re short of bodies and the guys that have been playing each game haven’t done much training.

He’s not been written off yet as some are trying to suggest. With the injuries in the squad he’ll get plenty of game time. Why go looking for negatives?!

Tornadoes70
04-02-2018, 11:42 AM

:top marks

The club has very admirably come through a sticky spell and very possibly what occurred in Portugal has been just what was required to sort out the problems within. A new sense of resolute professionalism has come to the fore in the last couple of weeks. If this team had faced the yams even with their brutal pitch I'm certain we would have won fairly comfortably.

mon the cabbage!!!

Jack Hackett
04-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Neil Lennons post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_HNFE91RE

Really like this guy

I couldn't believe our luck when he joined us... and I still can't. Some people just fit the Hibs, and he's one of them.

Libby Hibby
04-02-2018, 01:00 PM

The club has very admirably come through a sticky spell and very possibly what occurred in Portugal has been just what was required to sort out the problems within. A new sense of resolute professionalism has come to the fore in the last couple of weeks. If this team had faced the yams even with their brutal pitch I'm certain we would have won fairly comfortably.

mon the cabbage!!!

Funny I was thinking the same. The SC derby match almost came too early for this current squad.

cannastar
04-02-2018, 01:11 PM
ave to say I was critical of lennon after he took bartley off against herts but at the time didn't know he was injured as badly as he was.so fair play to manager we are in much better place now.in his intervews cant help believing that he believes in us as ateam and a club.:wink:

Borderhibbie76
04-02-2018, 02:14 PM
He has always been in the not sure category for me. It has never really went far above that or far below. He was simply doing a job. The biggest issue for me has been his signings and tactics. The signings column looks to have taken a step forward at the moment as Kamberi looks decent(Simon Murray did too) and Allen seems to have fitted right in and was excellent for 30 minutes yesterday(Stokes was excellent occasionally too). If they both kick on and Maclaren turns out to be decent too then that will be a major plus point. Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.

The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all. We were outnumbered time after time down our right and The Rangers were always going to score at some point. That said we won the game and it's a results business. He is sitting comfortably in 4th despite a hard run of games and lots of injuries to key personnel. For me he has crept into the performing better than expected marking and now we are in touching distance of 3rd has an opportunity to go higher.Rherras is only here for cover with injuries to Gray and Whitty...so not that strange he never played yesterday.

BullsCloseHibs
04-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Neil looked well happy post match. Again 😊

Borderhibbie76
04-02-2018, 02:15 PM

And we won because of it.Exactly this...he said in his interview on hibs tv that he wanted to make a defensive change but looked at bench and there was nothing there....honestly dunno what some posters are all about on here we were missing 4 first choice defenders yesterday...u could say an entire back 4

Jack Hackett
04-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Neil looked well happy post match. Again 😊

Not after match... but you get the picture :greengrin

Cat got the cream

He's probably as happy now with us, as at any time in his career

wookie70
04-02-2018, 09:58 PM
He’s been brought in as cover nothing to do with Lennon not knowing what to do with him??? Our two right backs are injured, perhaps a situation requiring cover.

pacorosssco
04-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Lennon is raising bar. Hell get another crack at a top job if keeps up. He speaks off enjoying this team. He knows we can only go so far. Enjoy the ride while hes here. I dont want him to go but he really is the best choice for Scotland job. Thankfully those in charge dont see this

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 10:08 PM
We're incredibly lucky to have Lennon. We won't win every game but i dont think i can ever remember a stronger Hibs squad. Remember its our first season back in the Premiership. Silverware could be a real possibility in the next season or two.

Sioux
04-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Our two right backs are injured, perhaps a situation requiring cover.

Has he brought Rherras in as cover or because he doesn't know what to do with him?

You tend to slaver a bit.

JimBHibees
04-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Best win of the season by a mile and yet some are nit picking over nonsense. Dear oh dear.

Shrekko
04-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Best win of the season by a mile and yet some are nit picking over nonsense. Dear oh dear.

Just wait till the next time we don’t win when we’ll be reading on here about how NL got his tactics and line up ‘badly wrong’ with the benefit of hindsight of course...

Best Hibs manager in decades- total privilege to have him here.

CapitalGreen
04-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Our two right backs are injured, perhaps a situation requiring cover.

We were playing a back 3 yesterday, a right back wasn’t required.

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Enjoy it while we can

Exactly this. He and Leeann are priceless.

Eyrie
04-02-2018, 11:50 PM
We were playing a back 3 yesterday, a right back wasn’t required.

Given that Stevenson was playing CH, I'd say it was more likely that our lack of a RB forced us to play with three at the back.

Is Rherras short of match fitness?

Borderhibbie76
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Given that Stevenson was playing CH, I'd say it was more likely that our lack of a RB forced us to play with three at the back.

Is Rherras short of match fitness?Can you give it up?? What part of we played a back 3 and didn't need a RB ru not understanding?? We won at Ibrox so I don't see the need to be second guessing our manager. Fwiw Rherras looked well off pace when he came on against Motherwell so there is probably your answer why our manager never risked playing him in a back 4 at the Hunnery

hibbysam
05-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Can you give it up?? What part of we played a back 3 and didn't need a RB ru not understanding?? We won at Ibrox so I don't see the need to be second guessing our manager. Fwiw Rherras looked well off pace when he came on against Motherwell so there is probably your answer why our manager never risked playing him in a back 4 at the Hunnery

I think his point is a fair one. We don’t have a right back fit and needed our utility right back to play centre half. Thus meaning we didn’t have much choice other than to play three at the back (whether Lennon would’ve or not is irrelevant). The guy isn’t second guessing anyone just merely making a point that we were forced to play that way and thankfully it worked a treat.

ian cruise
05-02-2018, 08:36 AM
I think his point is a fair one. We don’t have a right back fit and needed our utility right back to play centre half. Thus meaning we didn’t have much choice other than to play three at the back (whether Lennon would’ve or not is irrelevant). The guy isn’t second guessing anyone just merely making a point that we were forced to play that way and thankfully it worked a treat.

Might be he's not up to speed, certainly looked shirt of match sharpness at Motherwell, however if the option is an alright at best RB who is fit now or a better player who is going to take a few weeks to get up to speed you've got to go with the latter. We've still to get through to May so I'd rather not have a total bombs are there, even if it means a tense end of Jan/start of Feb.

Peevemor
05-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Neil Lennon made it clear in an interview (Hibs TV?) this weekend. Because of having 5 matches in 13 days the new guys have hardly trained properly. Between players being rested and others being injured there hasn't been enough 1st team squad players available to do anything meaningful.

He said that he's happy with the signings and they'll all figure once they're up to speed.

adhibs
05-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Just hope we can keep him for the duration of his contract. Brilliant win on Saturday and were only going to be looking upwards.

Carheenlea
05-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Was a great moment with Neil Lennon joining in with the celebrations.

https://twitter.com/thejdelaney/status/959845442514292736

jax67
05-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Can’t stop pumping the Huns!!

Tinribs
05-02-2018, 01:47 PM
According to the BBC today, this result was an "upset".

jacomo
05-02-2018, 01:56 PM

The Scotsman described it as a ‘smash and grab’ effort.

We don’t get the credit we deserve.

One Day Soon
05-02-2018, 01:57 PM

And if it had been the Poppy Thieves they'd be creaming themselves.

Keith_M
05-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Lennon's doing such a good job just now that I almost got my auld man to actually give him credit.....

...he said the result 'wisnae bad'.

Believe me, that's equivalent to a glowing eulogy fae him :wink:

hibsbollah
05-02-2018, 02:02 PM

It kind of is though. Look at the relative budgets. We just keep pulling it off!

One Day Soon
05-02-2018, 02:06 PM
It kind of is though. Look at the relative budgets. We just keep pulling it off!

Well, after results like that who can blame us?

Geo_1875
05-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Did they mean we upset The Rangers and their fans at the BBC?

Stevie Reid
05-02-2018, 02:23 PM

Amen brother. If there's one thing guaranteed to get me pulling it off, it's a win at Ibrox...

JimBHibees
05-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Was a great moment with Neil Lennon joining in with the celebrations.

https://twitter.com/thejdelaney/status/959845442514292736

Thats brilliant to see. :flag:

hibsbollah
05-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Amen brother. If there's one thing guaranteed to get me pulling it off, it's a win at Ibrox...

:agree:We keep collectively pulling it off every time we visit Ibrox. Its like a tsunami, a tidal wave if you will.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Sorry[emoji23][emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/f63c0b45bece3727192781d0b8032644.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
05-02-2018, 05:10 PM
:agree:We keep collectively pulling it off every time we visit Ibrox. Its like a tsunami, a tidal wave if you will.

Correct :greengrin

Must've been like an Auld Lang Syne in the away end on Saturday

Seveno
05-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Callyballybe
05-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Fantastic manager who has brought a change in mentality to the team. Hope this stays after he's gone, which hopefully isn't for a while yet.

No manager gets it right every time, but between him and Dempster we've got the best set up behind the scenes we've had since I can remember.

Scott Alan coming in on the deadline day is probably up there with some of the best dealings we've had for a while, and that's saying something.

Long may it last...GGTTH.

snooky
05-02-2018, 06:40 PM

"Smash and grab".
I read that somewhere too and thought it was a bit of a misnomer.
Traynor-esque.

Earlydelivery
05-02-2018, 06:51 PM
We have the best record in SPL of coming from behind . (No jokes please )😂

Nicho87
05-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Can't help but think if hearts won in the exact same manner it would be nothing but determined defending and an excellent professional job. When it's hibs it's smash and grab and sod the first half free flowing football. Smash and grab was a fraction of what sevco did to us at Easter road.

SirDavidsNapper
05-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Can't help but think if hearts won in the exact same manner it would be nothing but determined defending and an excellent professional job. When it's hibs it's smash and grab and sod the first half free flowing football. Smash and grab was a fraction of what sevco did to us at Easter road.

Yup. Still gobsmacked Sevco took anything from that game never mind a win. Will bug me for years

JimBHibees
06-02-2018, 07:23 AM

Certainly wasnt smash and grab we were the better team in the first half and deserved to be ahead. Second half defended well and were unlukcy with their equaliser.

On another point the stv news last night was more like Rangers news absolutely no credit to Hibs and Murty wittering on about how unlucky they were.
Best win of the season.

hibsbollah
06-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Certainly wasnt smash and grab we were the better team in the first half and deserved to be ahead. Second half defended well and were unlukcy with their equaliser.

On another point the stv news last night was more like Rangers news absolutely no credit to Hibs and Murty wittering on about how unlucky they were.
Best win of the season.

By contrast on the BBC Thomson and Stewart were complementary about Hibs and the analysis of our defensive shape and also of Allan's play was quite perceptive for Sportscene and almost akin to a normal football programme for a change.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2018, 07:49 AM
According to the BBC today, this result was an "upset".And the Scottish S#n too

SirDavidsNapper
06-02-2018, 07:58 AM

Genuinely lost count of the number of times we've disposed of the huns at Ibrox. Would be more of a novelty beating Partick Thistle away.

Argylehibby
06-02-2018, 08:28 AM

Best win of the season.

Do you watch STV news on HD by any chance? That's Glasgow based whereas if you watch it in standard it's Edinburgh based and you get Lennon instead of Murty being interviewed. Once news is done switch back to HD.

JimBHibees
06-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Do you watch STV news on HD by any chance? That's Glasgow based whereas if you watch it in standard it's Edinburgh based and you get Lennon instead of Murty being interviewed. Once news is done switch back to HD.

Oh right that will probably explain it. :greengrin Was ridiculous to be honest. Absolute nonsense there is different coverage for sports.

tamig
06-02-2018, 07:10 PM

Your opinion irritates me at times. You have a record of slating Lennon on several occasions on this board. I note you didn’t give him any credit for that superb Hibs performance on Saturday.

jacomo
06-02-2018, 09:32 PM

I hadn’t realised that. Ridiculous.

greenlex
06-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Oh right that will probably explain it. :greengrin Was ridiculous to be honest. Absolute nonsense there is different coverage for sports.

There’s a whole East based news programme including sports at tea time. It’s on the STV2 channel (sky117). It’s in SD and the screen is Sky Sports News like. It’s better than watching the weedge one.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2018, 05:39 AM
Has he brought Rherras in as cover or because he doesn't know what to do with him?

You tend to slaver a bit.

I think it is because he spends too much time in George Street. I was up there at the weekend and saw Rherras with a bird. Or maybe it was a bird with a Rherras.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-02-2018, 06:29 AM

Or just dont watch STV....😊

Kato
07-02-2018, 09:49 AM

You don't "say it how it is" you say it how you see it, big difference.

One Day Soon
07-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Or just dont watch STV....😊

ALWAYS good advice.