PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Penalty Winner

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2018, 04:07 PM
The bad news is that it was a stonewaller - I would have preferred it to be dodgy, it would have made them even more apoplectic.

The good news is that it was a completely unnecessary moment of madness from the Hun muppet concerned.

-Jonesy-
03-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Windass free kick was an absolute joke of a dive

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Windass free kick was an absolute joke of a dive

Can never take a man who has the surname 'farter' in American seriously.

emerald green
03-02-2018, 04:14 PM
I wonder when Hibs last scored the winning goal at Greyskull from a penalty?

brog
03-02-2018, 04:15 PM
I meant to start a thread yesterday asking who netters thought would take our next penalty. I decided not to rush as we were playing away to Sevco today!! 😄 I guess however, given MacLaren didn't start the question still stands. Any thoughts?

Mr White
03-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Darren jackson 1995?

brog
03-02-2018, 04:16 PM

I remember Darren Jackson scoring one & the foul was a yard outside the box!

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Not according to Rangers TV. Apparently, Rangers were keen to get the ball into the box as Collum will try and even it up - he knows he made a mistake giving Hibs a penalty. Nowt wrong with being biased, it’s their station, but, FFS, it’s a huge gulf between being biased and being totally delusional! “Everyone knows Lennon loves to literally get in the faces of opponents on the touch line” and every time a Current Bun went down, the ref ‘missed another foul!’ If it takes Bobby Russell to explain that, if a player slips when going for the return pass, it isn’t actually a foul, then there’s something seriously wrong with the commentator!🤫

Hibbyradge
03-02-2018, 04:18 PM
I meant to start a thread yesterday asking who netters thought would take our next penalty. I decided not to rush as we were playing away to Sevco today!! 😄 I guess however, given MacLaren didn't start the question still stands. Any thoughts?

Allan

Pete
03-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Don’t think it was the best of penalties but the boy showed guts to take it.

The guy on the periscope feed telling us he had already scored it as he was placing the ball helped settle the nerves.

--------
03-02-2018, 04:26 PM

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it was the winner, it was at ER, and as you say, Darren was fouled in the middle of the 'D' and his 'momentum' took him almost to the penalty spot.

Wasn't that the game that the referee tried to compensate by giving them a very dodgy award right at the end, which Jim Leighton saved, only for Laudrup to be given another go, which JL saved again?

FWIW, I can't remember us ever getting a penalty at That Place - surely we must have, but I can't remember one.

Hibs get a penalty THERE, to win the game .... UBELIEEEVABLE!

murray26
03-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Many a referee would have shat it there.. well done willie Collum..

O'Rourke3
03-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Darren jackson 1995?

I was in hospitality that day. First time I'd seen Hibs there too. Great day - same day my 10 month old daughter started to crawl.

Joe Baker2
03-02-2018, 04:30 PM

agreed:thumbsup:

hibIBZ
03-02-2018, 04:31 PM
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it was the winner, it was at ER, and as you say, Darren was fouled in the middle of the 'D' and his 'momentum' took him almost to the penalty spot.

Wasn't that the game that the referee tried to compensate by giving them a very dodgy award right at the end, which Jim Leighton saved, only for Laudrup to be given another go, which JL saved again?

FWIW, I can't remember us ever getting a penalty at That Place - surely we must have, but I can't remember one.

Darren Jackson penalty was Ibrox
We got a penalty there a few years back and Ian Murray missed it

rotherhamrob
03-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Tbf it was a poor penalty but who cares.

emerald green
03-02-2018, 04:34 PM

Yes, the referees are often, for some unknown reason, "unsighted" at Castle Greyskull. So congratulations to Collum this time.

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2018, 04:41 PM

How the *** hell can a penalty be poor if it goes in? Is there a criteria whereby it must go the opposite way from the goalie or must hit the roof of the net? Penalty awarded, goalie goes down to his right but taker shoots down the middle. Ball comes off the goalie’s thigh and crashes into the top of the net - at Ibrox! Less than 2 minutes after Rangers equalise: it’s a brilliant penalty😁.

Col2
03-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Keeper got a touch to it so wasn’t far away from save but McLaren did hit it true and hard and given circumstances deserves the credit.

jax67
03-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Not according to Rangers TV. Apparently, Rangers were keen to get the ball into the box as Collum will try and even it up - he knows he made a mistake giving Hibs a penalty. Nowt wrong with being biased, it’s their station, but, FFS, it’s a huge gulf between being biased and being totally delusional! “Everyone knows Lennon loves to literally get in the faces of opponents on the touch line” and every time a Current Bun went down, the ref ‘missed another foul!’ If it takes Bobby Russell to explain that, if a player slips when going for the return pass, it isn’t actually a foul, then there’s something seriously wrong with the commentator!🤫

Heard that too, and he was deadly serious!

leggeto
03-02-2018, 04:47 PM

Ibrox we won 1-0 jacko penalty,Andy gorams 1st game against us I think at ibrox

Peevemor
03-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Was the Jackson penalty not the one where to celebrate he leant on the post and mimed making a phone call?

leggeto
03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Was the Jackson penalty not the one where to celebrate he leant on the post and mimed making a phone call?

That's the one

Mr White
03-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Ibrox we won 1-0 jacko penalty,Andy gorams 1st game against us I think at ibrox

Sorry but I can't help it...

Goram left in 1991
Jackson signed in 1992
That game was in 1995

:greengrin

rotherhamrob
How the *** hell can a penalty be poor if it goes in? Is there a criteria whereby it must go the opposite way from the goalie or must hit the roof of the net? Penalty awarded, goalie goes down to his right but taker shoots down the middle. Ball comes off the goalie’s thigh and crashes into the top of the net - at Ibrox! Less than 2 minutes after Rangers equalise: it’s a brilliant penalty😁.

OK let's just say it was lucky to go in😀😀

leggeto

I also remember us singing Scotland's number 2 to goram loud,he was not happy :)

leggeto
03-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Sorry but I can't help it...

Goram left in 1991
Jackson signed in 1992
That game was in 1995

:greengrin

Doh my memory needs help

WhileTheChief..
03-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Had a wee look over on the Bears Den.

You know we only won because Collum used to be an RE teacher at Catholic schools. That’s a fact.

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2018, 04:53 PM
OK let's just say it was lucky to go in😀😀

😁Fair do’s brother (or sister).

neil7908
Thought it was soft at first but a definite penalty looking at the replays

Lago
Darren jackson 1995?
Now he could take a penalty!

SolentHibee
03-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Not so much a dodgy penalty as an unnecessary one.

greenlex
03-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Yup.:agree: I saw him at Polkemet country park the day after. Just shouted to him and did the phone call thing.

Callum_62
03-02-2018, 05:00 PM
it was a very similar offence than the FK they scored from

Seen them not given but silly tackle from Tavierner - lovely jubbly though :greengrin

Glory Lurker
03-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Up there with McHattie’s gift at ER under Butcher for sheer madness. Well done, Tav. :not worth

matty_f
03-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Up there with McHattie’s gift at ER under Butcher for sheer madness. Well done, Tav. :not worth

That's what I thought, mental challenge but ****ing pleased he tried it, and made an arse of it.

JeMeSouviens
03-02-2018, 05:42 PM

The Ibrox one was Kevin Harper fouled at the edge of the box, sandwiched by 2 Huns.

Is It On....
03-02-2018, 05:51 PM
"Tav is not as good as he thinks he is. Defending can be poor and reckless at times.

If we get £5 m for him we should take it" 😂😂😂😂

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-02-2018, 05:57 PM
It was a push. Plain and simple. There's times where contact in the box is a bit of a grey area. A push is not

****ing up yeez!!! I watched it on rangers t.v. in the home of a staunch one. Even he admitted it was a pen.

Their commentators are so cringe. That main guy is on another planet

Gregor
03-02-2018, 06:06 PM

Was that not at ER, when he swan dived into the box at the FF end? Definitely fouled, but also definitely outside the box.

The Ibrox pen had that bizarre telephone call celebration.

Gregor
03-02-2018, 06:09 PM

Jocky the Jannie's first game after ******* Face got the sack. Carthatic experience for me. McGinlay throwing himself at Bandy for the 2nd penalty save while the ball was still in play was priceless.

Gordon Hunter persuading the ref not to send him off as well. Very nice touch.

brog
03-02-2018, 06:52 PM

You're right re the ER pen Doddie but DJ did score one at Ibrox which IIRC was also outside the box. Think it may have been Kevin Harper who was fouled. We won 1 0.

erin go bragh
03-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Though we should have had a pen in the first half .
Some of our passing in the first half was a joy to watch .

Allant1981
03-02-2018, 07:38 PM

no it wasnt, rattled it straight down the middle, keeper had no chance unless he just didnt move

Skol
03-02-2018, 07:42 PM
no it wasnt, rattled it straight down the middle, keeper had no chance unless he just didnt move

It was a poor penalty and takes an unneccesary risk when put down the middle.

Callum_62
03-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Tav never touched him

"Regardless of whether it's a penalty or not we've put ourselves in a situation where a poor press at the wrong time has allowed them into our final third," Murty said.

"James [Tavernier] said it was the softest thing he's ever seen. I asked him, 'Have you put your hands on him'. He said, 'No'.

Its a 2 handed push from behind - its no even a debate if its a Pen

Boyle couldve had one 1st half too....but he got a free kick against him after being pulled down

:rolleyes:

ACLeith
03-02-2018, 07:49 PM
He scored what more can we ask for?

Callum_62
03-02-2018, 07:53 PM
totally terrible Pen - i demand a retake

BTW - how is going central anymore a risk that going right or left?

leggeto
03-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Down the middle seems to be a choice preferred by most as the goalie usually dives,so its a bit of a mind game.
If it hits the back of the net it can't be bad

wookie70
03-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Boyle couldve had one 1st half too....but he got a free kick against him after being pulled down

:rolleyes:
It was a long way away but that looked like a foul to The Rangers for a Hibs player entering their box.

Peevemor
03-02-2018, 09:01 PM
In the YouTube video of MacLaren's goals in Australia, he scores 4 or 5 penalties with each one taken differently. Keepers study their opponents penalty takers - he must be a nightmare for them.

davemcbain
03-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Tav never touched him

"Regardless of whether it's a penalty or not we've put ourselves in a situation where a poor press at the wrong time has allowed them into our final third," Murty said."James [Tavernier] said it was the softest thing he's ever seen. I asked him, 'Have you put your hands on him'. He said, 'No'.
:

Got to wonder if Murty regretted saying that after seeing the replay. Next training session will be interesting..."Did you deliberately set out to make me look an erse on the telly". "No boss"..."Aye ye lied last time an aww".

James T - He's ***** and he's not bright.

truehibernian
03-02-2018, 09:11 PM

The only kind of 'poor penalty' is a missed penalty. Stuck it hard, low and it went in - making it a good penalty :aok: Above all the lad had courage after not having as much game time as he would have liked, on as a sub, in front of 50,000 fans, and knowing it could be the winner............that makes it a GREAT penalty :agree:

Deansy
03-02-2018, 09:15 PM

I watched it on Hun-TV too and it was brilliant !!. At first the 2 neanderthals were doing their best to try and speak properly but you could tell they were struggling - but the last 10 minutes was just sublime - the 2 of them just crumpled and so did their aspirations of sounding 'polished & professional' !. It was like they'd been replaced by 2 Barry Ferguson's as all the hate/bias/delusion was just oozing out of them - at first I was angry with their crap but the last 10 mintes was just pure 'Hun-Tv GOLD', apmsl at what they were coming out with !!

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2018, 09:37 PM

Sorry, but that really doesn’t make sense Skol. How can the choosing of one direction be more risky than another? If the ball crosses the line (and at least one of the officials sees it) then it’s a goal and the taker’s decision has been vindicated.You’re trying to find a criticism when there is none!.

Joe6-2
03-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Who is Jamie McFarron? According to Sky he scored the penalty at Ipox

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2018, 10:16 PM
I watched it on Hun-TV too and it was brilliant !!. At first the 2 neanderthals were doing their best to try and speak properly but you could tell they were struggling - but the last 10 minutes was just sublime - the 2 of them just crumpled and so did their aspirations of sounding 'polished & professional' !. It was like they'd been replaced by 2 Barry Ferguson's as all the hate/bias/delusion was just oozing out of them - at first I was angry with their crap but the last 10 mintes was just pure 'Hun-Tv GOLD', apmsl at what they were coming out with !!
I didn’t mind their biased chat, it is Hun TV after all. I was bemused more

by their arrogance and lack of base humility. The ref was so wrong when he awarded us a penalty that, when they got the ball in our box, he would risk losing his job by conjuring up a way to give a penalty to them. Totally delusional or even borderline psychotic thinking. They are so used to being spoon-fed titles and cups that anything else goes against the natural order of their universe. If they lose against either of the two fenian, taig, terrorist, spoon-burners, there had to be a conspiracy of some sort and they are the puir wee victims.