PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox parking

mcohibs
02-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Driving through tomorrow afternoon - any decent parking spots walking distance from the ground? Away car park an option but don't know how much of a hassle it is to get out of after the game?

Sir David Gray
02-02-2018, 09:00 AM
I honestly wouldn't recommend parking anywhere other than the away fans car park. It is sometimes quite a wait to get out after the game but it's worth it to see your car is still in one piece.

Killiehibbie
02-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Never had any problems using Asda car park, signs say 90 minute limit but never had a ticket.

mcohibs
02-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Never had any problems using Asda car park, signs say 90 minute limit but never had a ticket.

Cheers, will give that a try!

Moulin Yarns
02-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Try Govan Road beside Festival Park. There is a street food market at weekends there as well.

https://big-feed.squarespace.com/

15 minutes walk.

Carheenlea
02-02-2018, 09:50 AM
I honestly wouldn't recommend parking anywhere other than the away fans car park. It is sometimes quite a wait to get out after the game but it's worth it to see your car is still in one piece.

The away car park is free, supervised and a police segregated avenue from ground to car park post match is provided. No brainier really.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 09:54 AM
The away car park is free, supervised and a police segregated avenue from ground to car park post match is provided. No brainier really.

Apart from taking an hour or so to get out after the game

SouthMoroccoStu
02-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Be prepared for the high level security proposal of "£2 to look after your car pal"

Great investment IMHO

JeMeSouviens
02-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Across the motorway in (somewhat) leafier Pollokshields.

green&left
02-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Thats twice now you've posted that *****.

heretoday
02-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Park your car right at the front door and give your keys to the commissionaire, saying "take care of it, my man, and there's a shilling in it for you".

Carheenlea
02-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Apart from taking an hour or so to get out after the game

There was a time when they used to shut off the traffic lights, have police directing traffic and clearing the car park in one fell swoop. Not been like that for a while admittedly.

Carheenlea
02-02-2018, 11:22 AM

The OP asked for advice, SDG offered his - don't see what the problem is?

Sir David Gray
02-02-2018, 11:23 AM

That's twice someone has asked where to park their car at Ibrox.

Your point is?

green&left
02-02-2018, 11:25 AM
That's twice someone has asked where to park their car at Ibrox.

Your point is?

Twice you've attempted to put the ****ters up people making it out they're heading to Basra.

Captain Trips
02-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Across the motorway in (somewhat) leafier Pollokshields.

I stay southside of Glasgow if I was parking I would park there as well 15min walk possibly quicker onto motorway and away.

Urdell Rd
Farm Rd
Beech Ave
Etc etc

Sir David Gray
02-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Twice you've attempted to put the ****ters up people making it out they're heading to Basra.

Because that's been my experience of Ibrox and the available parking around the stadium. People are free to make up their own minds, they don't have to listen to me. The guy asked for people's opinions and I gave mine. That's kind of the point of platforms like this.

Instead of just criticising me, maybe the OP might have appreciated some helpful guidance from yourself since you seem so knowledgable on the parking situation at Ibrox.

davhibby
02-02-2018, 12:37 PM
You can normally get away with parking at the dry ski slope at Bellahouston but you're not supposed to. 10 minutes walk and a much quicker get away

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 02:06 PM
There was a time when they used to shut off the traffic lights, have police directing traffic and clearing the car park in one fell swoop. Not been like that for a while admittedly.

They did, but it’s been terrible of late

we are hibs
02-02-2018, 04:59 PM
what time is the away car park usually full by?

Sir David Gray
02-02-2018, 05:03 PM
what time is the away car park usually full by?

I would say no later than around 2pm.

ValleyHibee
02-02-2018, 09:39 PM
I would say no later than around 2pm.
Through about that time in august and was full