PDA

View Full Version : Media Leanne being punted as next SFA CEO

HibeesLittleHel
02-02-2018, 09:05 AM
http://www.thenational.scot/sport/15915337.Hiberni

MurrayfieldHibs
02-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Don’t do it Leanne. Stay with the super Hibees and keep making progress!

Hibee87
02-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Losing Leeann would be a shame, she has been great for Hibs. However she might be the best thing to happen to the whole of Scottish football is years if she does get the gig. Id be sad to see her leave, but intrigued to see what she could achieve.

leroykincade
02-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Don’t do it Leanne. Stay with the super Hibees and keep making progress!

A rumor also that she has a season ticket for ibrox??

neil7908
02-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Very bad news

Hiber-nation

This place is nuts today.

GreenPJ
A rumor also that she haD a season ticket for ibrox??

Slight amend

bigwheel
02-02-2018, 09:19 AM

post Number 4

Hiber-nation
02-02-2018, 09:21 AM
Slight amend

That makes more sense :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
02-02-2018, 09:21 AM
The next SFA CEO should be Ann Budge

Aim Here
02-02-2018, 09:22 AM
No, SFA, ye dinnae want her. She's rubbish!

She's been running the team intae the ground by chucking awa' expensive assets like Anthony Stokes and Deividas Matulevicus! We had a disastrous cup upset at Tynecastle a week last Sunday where our precious unbeaten record went doon the crapper! The chances of us hitting the Champions League and getting major European money this season are slim, at best, thanks to her! Plus, she's a woman! You'd be explainin' the offside rule to her every other week!

Don't take my word for it - ask any of the 17,000 Hibs fans glumly going through the turnstiles every fortnight. She's *****, and you're better off withoot her! Git somebody else! Anybody else! I hear that Malky Mackay kens something aboot fitba', and has been looking to you guys for a job for a while noo. Put him in instead! Anybody but Leeann!

Captain Trips
02-02-2018, 09:23 AM
I think she will see this is a really big challenge and would take it. It's been a bit of jobs for the boys.

G B Young
02-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Losing Leeann would be a shame, she has been great for Hibs. However she might be the best thing to happen to the whole of Scottish football is years if she does get the gig. Id be sad to see her leave, but intrigued to see what she could achieve.

Much more than a shame. A massive loss. All the good things that have happened at Hibs in recent years have come about since she joined the club. I'd imagine her ambitions are set much higher than a job at the dreary old SFA though so hopefully this will come to nothing.

Islington Hibs
02-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Popper leadership is very rare indeed. She would be an immense loss in my view and very difficult to replace. She is a rare breed in Scottish football of a professional CEO who does not do it as a real supporter of the club she runs. Most others are owners/fans. Here attention to detail, key person selection, and changing the culture from short term loan fixes, to a balanced, long standing team has been superb (with the help of Stubbs, who I view as her co-architect and to an extent Lennon.) Previous CEO's/ Chairman might have been decent at building infrastructure, but that's about it.

I can see why she might be tempted given Scotland's degree of under-performance over the last 20 years, the fact she is well paid but not so well paid at Hibs (think only £120k or so (?) which is not that much in a football/ CEO context) but more importantly how does she take Hibs to the next level? Won the cup, brought pride back, near doubled the gates, but how on earth do you challenge Celtic and increasingly Rangers with all their resource?

Really hope she stays for a few more years but would be very surprised if SFA did not try and interview her at the very least and we will find out soon enough.

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 09:35 AM
It's in the National FFS, so about as credible as the Daily Ranger or the 5hit.

Has .net now become an amplification machine for every daft story out there that can damage or disrupt the club regardless of whether it has any substance or not?

500miles
02-02-2018, 09:35 AM
There's a structure in place now. I don't think she'd be as great a loss as is being made out, as neither the well trust or our own fan ownership movements have been huge successes. Her work with George Craig is to be commended though, similar to Motherwell's success with Craig Brown.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Could shape up to be a Hibee takeover with Rod lined up to be SFA President next year and the SFA are still hunting for a new manager (Neil Lenon’s name has been touted by some ).

I just hope Leeann and Neil both stay at Hibs and finish off the rebuilding of our club. We play the establishment’s favourite team tomorrow so I bet the media will be full of predictions and rumours hoping to destabilise us. Just cup your ears to it Lenny and Leeann and stay focused on the Hibs cause!

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 09:37 AM
She'll go.

The word on the street is that she's hacked off that, even after more than 2 years, Hibs.net posters canny get the spelling of her name right.

MB62
02-02-2018, 09:39 AM

She's been running the team intae the ground by chucking awa' expensive assets like Anthony Stokes and Deividas Matulevicus! We had a disastrous cup upset at Tynecastle a week last Sunday where our precious unbeaten record went doon the crapper! The chances of us hitting the Champions League and getting major European money this season are slim, at best, thanks to her! Plus, she's a woman! You'd be explainin' the offside rule to her every other week!

Don't take my word for it - ask any of the 17,000 Hibs fans glumly going through the turnstiles every fortnight. She's *****, and you're better off withoot her! Git somebody else! Anybody else! I hear that Malky Mackay kens something aboot fitba', and has been looking to you guys for a job for a while noo. Put him in instead! Anybody but Leeann!

This, AND she GAVE UP HER SEASON TICKET FOR IBROX, why would anybody want her after that shocker? Has never done a thing for us, been a disaster.
However, R.P. he is a different matter altogether. Man has been a complete genius for us since the minute he walked through the door and anybody in their right mind (which would probably rule out the SFA then) would headhunt this footballing God as he will Shirley sort Scottish football out. Would be sorry to see him go, gutted, but if it's the best for Scottish football, we need to make this sacrifice :bye:

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Could shape up to be a Hibee takeover with Rod lined up to be SFA President next year and the SFA are still hunting for a new manager (Neil Lenon’s name has been touted by some ).

I just hope Leeann and Neil both stay at Hibs and finish off the rebuilding of our club. We play the establishment’s favourite team tomorrow so I bet the media will be full of predictions and rumours hoping to destabilise us. Just cup your ears to it Lenny and Leeann and stay focused on the Hibs cause!

Exactly.

'Lennon for Scotland' faithfully run by the Ugly Sisters' lapdogs before the Celtc game and now 'Leanne for the SFA' out there before The Rangers.

The corrupt stinking collusion mess that is Scottish football and the Scottish newspapers could not be more obvious. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

There's a reason our game is so degraded. It's called the Old Firm. Vampires who own and operate the blood bank.

Speedway
02-02-2018, 09:46 AM
I think the next steps are obvious:

- LD will take the job
- RP will appoint himself in her place and oust NL immediately
- TB will be re-appointed manager
- We will be relegated this season
- As a cost cutting measure, EM will be sold to Hearts on TB's request
- Griffiths, Sauzee, Cummings, Riordan and Stanton will all speak in the press about how Hearts are the far better side that they wish they'd played for
- Hibs will slide down the leagues before going bust and their assets will be bought by Ann Budge in a fire sale
- The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicted the most doom and gloom accurately.
- 'Natural Order' will be restored and the bedwetters on this site can GTF

Geo_1875
02-02-2018, 09:48 AM
I imagine that if she was interested she would get an interview. Then they'll pluck some guys name from somewhere and give it to him. Personally I'd get Barry Hearn on the interview panel.

truehibernian
02-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Rod Petrie already there as Vice President, Greig Mailer there as Corporate and Comms chief, Kenny Millar there as Media & Comms (brother at Hibs), Stewart Robertson who she worked with at 'Well............to be honest it would be a very smooth transition and an appointment where she has friendly faces that she already has/had a solid working relationship with. She is modern, creative, decisive, sure-footed and very well respected in Scottish football by both clubs and the sports media. Above all that she is a very upbeat and positive person - which is what the country needs.

I've wanted her at Hibs a few years ago and we got that wish. By far and away the best signing Hibs have made in decades and she along with her team have have re-established Hibernian as a top, forward thinking club in Scotland with a solid, supportive and growing fan base. It would be a huge loss without doubt, however if she went, what a great platform for the next CEO to launch his/her career from :agree:

My worry is that if we lose Leeann, we then lose Neil Lennon to the national job. Strong possibility for both scenarios coming to fruition :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
02-02-2018, 09:51 AM

HAD. For over 20 years .. the relevance being?

IWasThere2016
02-02-2018, 09:52 AM

- LD will take the job
- Griffiths, Sauzee, Cummings, Riordan and Stanton will all speak in the press about how Hearts are the far better side that they wish they'd played for
- Hibs will slide down the leagues before going bust and their assets will be bought by Ann Budge in a fire sale
- The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicated the most doom and gllom accurately.

:faf: Cannae wait...

seanshow
02-02-2018, 09:53 AM
It's another good example of media mince, one person mentions her name on the radio discussing a sfa news story and suddenly Leeann is off.

Jones28
02-02-2018, 09:55 AM

- LD will take the job
- The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicated the most doom and gllom accurately.

...source? :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Difficult one for Leeann. She will see it as a huge challenge but it's also a poisoned chalice. It will take more than one woman to turn around that shambles of an organisation soaked in politics, infighting and hidden agendas. If she does go it will be a monumental loss. I wonder what it would mean for Lennon, George Craig etc. I'm extremely concerned about this. Could not give two hoots about the SFA or the national team i just want whats best for Hibs.

Onion
Loss of Leanne could be horrendous for Hibs. Has potential to set us back years. She's been the catalyst for all the good things that have happened at this club in the last 4 years and will be near impossible to replace. If she did get the top job, chance of Lennon for Scotland would also go up.

Hibs need to fight this with everything they've got. The thought of being left with Petrie in charge is frightening.

500miles
There's a structure in place now. I don't think she'd be as great a loss as is being made out, as neither the well trust or our own fan ownership movements have been huge successes. Her work with George Craig is to be commended though, similar to Motherwell's success with Craig Brown.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Loss of Leanne could be horrendous for Hibs. Has potential to set us back years. She's been the catalyst for all the good things that have happened at this club in the last 4 years and will be near impossible to replace. If she did get the top job, chance of Lennon for Scotland would also go up.

Hibs need to fight this with everything they've got. The thought of being left with Petrie in charge is frightening.

Again. He wouldn't be.

Not In The Know
02-02-2018, 10:04 AM
I can’t see Petrie recommending his own ceo for the job.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2018, 10:06 AM
She'll go.

The word on the street is that she's hacked off that, even after more than 2 years, Hibs.net posters canny get the spelling of her name right.

And she'll probably ask Dylan McGeogh to retire and come and be her assistant.

IGRIGI
02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Scandalous if they don't consider Queen Ann who has resurrected the winners of WW1 from the ashes.

Onion
02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
It's another good example of media mince, one person mentions her name on the radio discussing a sfa news story and suddenly Leeann is off.

Not quite, we all know the calibre of LD and that she's more than capable of doing that job. All we're doing is looking over the hill at what Hibs could look like without her. If this was a plc, our share price would have taken and big hit this morning.

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Not quite, we all know the calibre of LD and that she's more than capable of doing that job. All we're doing is looking over the hill at what Hibs could look like without her. If this was a plc, our share price would have taken and big hit this morning.

Yup and our The Rangers and 5hitty 'journalistic' friends would no doubt be sitting back and congratulating themselves on a disruption job well done right before the game.

truehibernian
02-02-2018, 10:12 AM

I think Derek Reardon and Gary O'Conner are going to job share that post :greengrin

Gregor
02-02-2018, 10:13 AM

*sighs*

It's Dillon MacGeeoch

Sergio sledge
02-02-2018, 10:14 AM
She won't go to the SFA because she's waiting for a bigger and better job at the Jambos. FACT.

Gregor
02-02-2018, 10:17 AM
So let's take stock:

- Sir Rod to be President
- Leigh Anne to be CEO
- Len to be Head Coach

Tomorrow's headline? Umbro unveil new green and white Scottish national team jersey (would be better than honking maroon one).

hibsbollah
02-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Theres some buffoonery on here. I havent seen trolling like it since andy74 used to bang on about how Alan O'Brien was just about to come good.

PS-FAO of the almost 200 guests on this thread, the gap is now seven points, and you stole from the poppy fund.

Jones28
02-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Theres some buffoonery on here. I havent seen trolling like it since andy74 used to bang on about how Alan O'Brien was just about to come good.

PS-the gap is now seven points, and you stole from the poppy fund.

Fitba folk kent what was going on wi him :agree:

Beefster
02-02-2018, 10:27 AM
If I was in charge of the process for the SFA, I’d be seriously considering Dempster so it’s hardly unexpected. To be fair, if I was her and was offered it, I’d take it too.

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 10:28 AM

PS-FAO of the almost 200 guests on this thread, the gap is now seven points, and you stole from the poppy fund.

And your manager's a sad-sack, whining, no-medals, dullard.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Exactly.

'Lennon for Scotland' faithfully run by the Ugly Sisters' lapdogs before the Celtc game and now 'Leanne for the SFA' out there before The Rangers.

The corrupt stinking collusion mess that is Scottish football and the Scottish newspapers could not be more obvious. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

There's a reason our game is so degraded. It's called the Old Firm. Vampires who own and operate the blood bank.

Agree a bit of an agenda at the moment. Every scaremongering article intended to undermine us IMO.

Sergio sledge
02-02-2018, 10:36 AM

He would have been dynamite if he'd had either one of the Sowumni brothers to aim crosses at...

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 10:37 AM
He would have been dynamite if he'd had either one of the Sowumni brothers to aim crosses at...

Or if an area around 300 yards wide and deep and behind the goals counted as still being in-play for crosses...

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 10:40 AM

- LD will take the job
- The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicted the most doom and gloom accurately.

No way it will be much worse than that. :greengrin

ronaldo7
02-02-2018, 10:47 AM
So let's take stock:

- Sir Rod to be President
- Leigh Anne to be CEO
- Len to be Head Coach

Tomorrow's headline? Umbro unveil new green and white Scottish national team jersey (would be better than honking maroon one).

Job sharing as ceo at the SFA, very progressive. 😉

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2018, 11:17 AM

- LD will take the job

🤣🤣🤣

Devonhibs
02-02-2018, 11:25 AM
And your manager's a sad-sack, whining, no-medals, dullard.

Nice one. Made me chuckle at work.

Halmyre Hibee
02-02-2018, 11:42 AM
She has been great for Hibs and she would be a big loss. At the end of the day no one is bigger than the club and we would move on.
I would rather she went as CEO for Scotland than have Rangers sniffing about her as that is my real fear.
If she does go I would expect her to be involved in recommending her successor to Hibs.

lucky
02-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Don’t want her to go but think of the leadership she could give Scottish football but I doubt the SFA blazers will appoint a woman. There equality agenda is worse than BBC pay and Donald Trump views.

CMurdoch
02-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Has .net now become an amplification machine for every daft story out there that can damage or disrupt the club regardless of whether it has any substance or not?

The National probably got it from here in the 1st place

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Don’t want her to go but think of the leadership she could give Scottish football but I doubt the SFA blazers will appoint a woman. There equality agenda is worse than BBC pay and Donald Trump views.

Agree think she would be hugely frustrated by and with the blazer/committee protocols. Would only be a good appointment if she had free rein to carry out much needed root and branch change.

andybev1
02-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Why do they not leave us alone, if it is not Lennon it is Leanne and if not her it is our best players.

Doh Rae Me
02-02-2018, 12:15 PM

- LD will take the job

Noo that was funny.
I've no doubt she would do a cracking job for Scotland and God knows we need a complete overhaul there but please Leeann, stay, you know you want to.

Centre Hawf
02-02-2018, 12:21 PM
She has been great for Hibs and she would be a big loss. At the end of the day no one is bigger than the club and we would move on.
I would rather she went as CEO for Scotland than have Rangers sniffing about her as that is my real fear.
If she does go I would expect her to be involved in recommending her successor to Hibs.

This is important if this should happen. Dempster will know what is needed in a replacement hopefully to allow us to continue on and not go backwards. I'd say this would be the most vital bit of scouting the club could, and absolutely SHOULD, be doing in the process. Bigger than any defender or centre-forward we look at.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 12:23 PM
This is important if this should happen. Dempster will know what is needed in a replacement hopefully to allow us to continue on and not go backwards. I'd say this would be the most vital bit of scouting the club could, and absolutely SHOULD, be doing in the process. Bigger than any defender or centre-forward we look at.

Not quite.

The structure and systems that she has put in place will be the key in identifying any successor. The succession plan will already be there.

barcahibs
02-02-2018, 12:27 PM
They were talking about this on the radio last night and LD was the only name they came up with for the job. To me Hibs should be doing anything they can to keep her here, really not liking this talk of rolling over for "the good of scottish football" nonsense.

The SFAs failure to appoint a new national manager and the ridiculous humming and hawing about hampden for me should be seen as another nail in the coffin of international football, no way we should be co-operating with any attempts to prop it up - when has the SFA ever looked to do us any favours?

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2018, 12:27 PM
She'll go somewhere its just a matter of when. Her stock is increasingly rising and the resurgence of the club over the last few years wont have gone unnoticed. I hope she stays for the foreseeable as there is exciting work gong on behind the scenes, East Mains expansion etc. Hopefully Rod puts in a bad word!

Deansy
02-02-2018, 12:49 PM
DON'T TAKE THAT JOB, LEEANN !!!

You'd be entering into a no-win situation !. You're young, progressive, forward-thinking etc, etc - everything that the bunch of corrupt clowns you'd be working with aren't !. They're a bunch of corrupt clowns who all get paid extremely well for doing nothing except ensure the 'Old S**m' continually rule-the-roost !. You'd present a threat to their cosy lives and from day one, they'd be plotting against you - don't do it, Leeann, it's a fool's-job !

Centre Hawf
02-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Not quite.

The structure and systems that she has put in place will be the key in identifying any successor. The succession plan will already be there.

Maybe so, I'm not sure what they systems will be etc but as long as the process of finding her replacement allows us the best and most suitable candidate possible then I'm happy.

jacomo
02-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Popper leadership is very rare indeed.

Makes me think of a 1980s Erasure gig after party.

Leith Green
02-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Whilst she is obviously a clear shout for the job, its worth remembering that being chief executive of a football club and a football association are two very very different jobs. She may not fancy the job , she could view it as career suicide. Its worth noting that after a few more years at Hibs she could end up with a plum job down south at a bigger club.

Betty Boop
02-02-2018, 01:16 PM
HAD. For over 20 years .. the relevance being?

Once a hun always a hun ? (according to some on here) :duck:

Scooter
02-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Losing her would be worse than losing. Lennon Mcginn Dylan McGregor hanlon all in one go

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Don't necessarily disagree with your categorisation of the three "newspapers" concerned but linking a senior football executive with an exceptional track record with a senior football executive role at National level is hardly a "daft story".

And given that she's been - at least to my eyes - the major responsible figures for a complete transformation of Hibs from some very dark days to a great deal of success including both silverware and huge attendances I think the prospect of losing her is very much .net business for debate no?

Jamesie
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM

Kind of goes back to that old question of whether you would prefer to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup or Scotland win the World Cup. Was always the former for me!

Peevemor
02-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Whilst she is obviously a clear shout for the job, its worth remembering that being chief executive of a football club and a football association are two very very different jobs. She may not fancy the job , she could view it as career suicide. Its worth noting that after a few more years at Hibs she could end up with a plum job down south at a bigger club.

In terms of the job itself, it could well be that she prefers the very much hands-on role that she has at club level as opposed to making recommendations to various committees at national level and the long-winded process that follows.

Losing her would be worse than losing. Lennon Mcginn Dylan McGregor hanlon all in one go

Obviously I don't want to see her go, and I'm not underestimating her worth in any way, but the hardest bit of her job is already done, ie. the restructuring of the club from top to bottom. Yes, everything is a work in progress, but I'm sure someone else could be found to continue the good work (if she was to move on, I'd magine that Leeann herself would be involved in finding her replacement).

Jamesie

Correct - I wasn't aware until very recently that Leeane had previously held an Ibrox season ticket. No skin off my nose to be honest, but that immediately gives her a hill to climb with 50% of Glasgow (and probably some within the SFA as well).

Jones28
Kind of goes back to that old question of whether you would prefer to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup or Scotland win the World Cup. Was always the former for me!

Well you've seen it now!

Radium
02-02-2018, 01:36 PM
The job is toxic and anyone taking it on would need some big guarantees about what they could change.

LD would be a v good candidate but I would question how much scope she would have to change an organisation influenced by so many clubs and interests.

https://twitter.com/agentscotland/status/959113203883171840

Replies give an idea of how some view the appointment of someone who held a ST at Ibrox for 20 years. It’s Twitter so they can be called loonies, but the connection will be thrown up whenever people (not The) are unhappy.

As I said, toxic job to take on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
02-02-2018, 01:58 PM
On the news at lunchtime they said the she is open to discussions about the job, I get from that if they allowed her to change things and give her a free hand she'd go. She's achieved almost everything asked of her here, we're back in the position we so rightly deserves, eating at the top table vying for top 4 position, I think she'll see the SFA job as another big challenge and I wouldn't be surprised to see her go, it would be a shame for us but everything has now been put in place for another CEO to come in and carry on the good work.

flash
02-02-2018, 01:58 PM
The SFA needs a complete overhaul and that's what she specialises in. They would be mad not to want to at least talk to her.

Keith_M
02-02-2018, 02:22 PM
...source? :greengrin

Brown.

banarc7062
02-02-2018, 02:28 PM

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 02:29 PM
The more I think about, I think she will be offered it and she will accept unfortunately. If she is smart she will negotiate hard to get as much power as possible in the role. It’s a massive job though and most would accept the challenge.

MB62
02-02-2018, 02:33 PM

What's wrong, can you not spell McGea, McGoo, McG, ach aye, losing Dylan would not be as bad as losing Leeeeeane :wink: :greengrin

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Would the club be in line for significant compensation if she were to move?

Vini1875
02-02-2018, 03:20 PM
She must know what she would be walking into at the SFA. She would not get free reign with them, there are far too many riding a gravy train while doing a p*** poor job. If I were in her position I would be thinking about moving to a decent sized club in England Leeds for example who ought to be in the premiership but for some crazy decisions and over reaching ambition.

The Scotland Job ought to be about revamping the game here, modern thinking and creating a team that the country could get behind. In reality the CEO simply makes recommendations to a committee and then they do what they have always done - SFA = sweet f all.

I hope she stays - if asked. However if she goes, she goes with my gratitude and best wishes.

Peevemor
02-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Would the club be in line for significant compensation if she were to move?I doubt it. She'd simply resign as other employees and directors have done in the past.

Robinho08
02-02-2018, 03:40 PM
This had crossed my mind. 😯

Hibs over Scotland for me. Hope she stays.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 03:43 PM
I doubt it. She'd simply resign as other employees and directors have done in the past.
Does she have a contract?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Really? Thats a bit OTT to me...

I think people are getting a wee bit hysterical here about her. Shes done a very good job no doubt. Irreplaceable? I certainly wouldnt think so.

Onion
02-02-2018, 03:56 PM

Totally agree. For years, we were crying out for fundamental change at Hibs and watched in dismay as Petrie fumbled around trying to improve things by continually changing manager and throwing the fans the odd treat, all of which cost the club £millions. Expensive plasters over a gaping wound.

Finally, we found someone who's addressed the main problems - crap culture, awful recruitment and dreadful relations/comms with the fans. LD is worth more than any of the players and the Hibs Board needs to fight tooth and nail to keep her. If they fail, it could cost the club millions.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Totally agree. For years, we were crying out for fundamental change at Hibs and watched in dismay as Petrie fumbled around trying to improve things by continually changing manager and throwing the fans the odd treat, all of which cost the club £millions. Expensive plasters over a gaping wound.

Finally, Petrie found someone who's addressed the main problems - crap culture, awful recruitment and dreadful relations/comms with the fans. LD is worth more than any of the players and the Hibs Board needs to fight tooth and nail to keep her. If they fail, it could cost the club millions.
Fixed that for you. Regardless of what else he did while he was in charge he should at least get credit for recognizing that it was broken and finding a solution.

Peevemor
02-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Does she have a contract?I'd imagine so. There may even be a non-concurrence clause (though I doubt it), but that wouldn't apply to the the SFA post.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Really? Thats a bit OTT to me...

I think people are getting a wee bit hysterical here about her. Shes done a very good job no doubt. Irreplaceable? I certainly wouldnt think so.
:agree: - as the saying goes "The King is dead, long live the King"......

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 04:02 PM
I'd imagine so. There may even be a non-concurrence clause (though I doubt it), but that wouldn't apply to the the SFA post.
If she has a contract then I would expect there to be some compensation.

Onion
02-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Fixed that for you. Regardless of what else he did while he was in charge he should at least get credit for recognizing that it was broken and finding a solution.

And if you roll a dice a dozen times, chances are you'll throw a 6 eventually.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 04:07 PM
And if you roll a dice a dozen times, chances are you'll throw a 6 eventually.
Really don't understand the point you are making. What does chance have to do with making a deliberate decision? It would appear to me that you are in the "Petrie can do nothing right" camp so I'm out but you bash on.....

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Finally, we found someone who's addressed the main problems - crap culture, awful recruitment and dreadful relations/comms with the fans. LD is worth more than any of the players and the Hibs Board needs to fight tooth and nail to keep her. If they fail, it could cost the club millions.

In what way?

LD and GC have been very clear that they have put in place structures, not people. That has been the root of our relative success. For example, NL wouldn't have been appointed if he hadn't been willing to work within that structure.

When GC goes, someone else who fits into the structure will take on his role. The same goes for LD. Her succession plan will already have been written. Someone else, who fits the structure, will fill the role, not the other way round.

Peevemor
02-02-2018, 04:09 PM
If she has a contract then I would expect there to be some compensation.It's possible. In saying that I'm a partner/shareholder where I work. If I decide to leave tomorrow they have to give me money (buy me out).

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 04:09 PM
In what way?

LD and GC have been very clear that they have put in place structures, not people. That has been the root of our relative success. For example, NL wouldn't have been appointed if he hadn't been willing to work within that structure.

When GC goes, someone else who fits into the structure will take on his role. The same goes for LD. Her succession plan will already have been written. Someone else, who fits the structure, will fill the role.
Exactly...... :agree:

G B Young
02-02-2018, 04:11 PM
I can’t see Petrie recommending his own ceo for the job.

That's what I thought. Petrie needs to talk down her credentials to the SFA. He'd be nuts to let her go there.

Apart from that would she really want such a thankless job? The fact that Leeann's name seems to be the only one anyone can come up with, while speaking volumes for the job she's done at Hibs, sums up what a pitiful state the governance of our game is in.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM
That's what I thought. Petrie needs to talk down her credentials to the SFA. He'd be nuts to let her go there.

Apart from that would she really want such a thankless job? The fact that Leeann's name seems to be the only one anyone can come up with, while speaking volumes for the job she's done at Hibs, sums up what a pitiful state the governance of our game is in.
Or it may be that she simply stands out because she is so talented......

G B Young
02-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Or it may be that she simply stands out because she is so talented......

Indeed. I just hope that the fact she's the first name thrown into the hat by the media doesn't mean that the SFA immediately rule out anyone else. They seem hugely limited in their ability to think for themselves - as underlined by the Michael O'Neill fiasco which seems to have left Scotland as far away as ever from appointing a manager.

Greenworld
02-02-2018, 04:23 PM
The leeann love in is quite amusing. A great job she has done no doubt about that but clubs up and down the country have people doing similar jobs.
For what it's worth it think she is only 50% through a planned project and strikes me as someone who likes to see things through.
I can't see hibs every reverting back to a petrie run club

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
02-02-2018, 04:28 PM
CWG

What happens if LD's Successor decides to tear up the script and do it their way, which may not be the model in place?

How can the club fireproof that?

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 04:32 PM
CWG

What happens if LD's Successor decides to tear up the script and do it their way, which may not be the model in place?

How can the club fireproof that?

I'd presume they'd get sacked for not doing the job they were hired to do.

Famous Fiver
02-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Will have to be a very constrictive contract of employment. Difficult to enforce.

It could well all end in tears, but. in my opinion, you have to give a new appointment some leeway in making their way in a new post.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Will have to be a very constrictive contract of employment. Difficult to enforce.

It could well all end in tears, but. in my opinion, you have to give a new appointment some leeway in making their way in a new post.

Indeed, but if you have someone sign up to a situation where they have KPI's and structures that cannot be changed without the Board's consent, you have the power to get rid of them unless they can show reasonable justification for binning everything that is already in place.

Famous Fiver
02-02-2018, 04:51 PM
I think we'll just have to agree and wait and see what pans out.

Not many around with LD's skill set and credentials.

O'Rourke3
02-02-2018, 04:52 PM
A couple of other posters have pointed out the constraints with taking the job on. Hopefully if asked she gets the wrong answers and turns it down. There's taking on a challenge and knowing you are pissing off vast numbers. Decision 1 - new Scotland Coach. Decision 2 - Hampden or Murrayfield.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 05:43 PM
I'd presume they'd get sacked for not doing the job they were hired to do.

If it’s not working, they should be fully entitled to change it, with board approval of course

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm in two minds over this, she's clearly talented and could do a great job at the SFA.

Would she be allowed to do what she wanted though, with all the dinosaurs who have their feet under the table at Hampden?

I don't think she'd want this job, i may be wrong, but that job is a no win job in my eyes, with too many people fighting against you, and too much pressure from the bigots for her to be fair to everyone else, which i'm sure she'd want to be.

Thecat23
02-02-2018, 06:08 PM
I’ve a feeling she may go if offered this job! Just hope if she does she doesn’t try to persuade Lennon for the managers job. Big decision for her if she is offered it!

kaimendhibs
02-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Noooooo. Stay with Hibs Leeann

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
02-02-2018, 06:28 PM
I’ve a feeling she may go if offered this job! Just hope if she does she doesn’t try to persuade Lennon for the managers job. Big decision for her if she is offered it!

No way would she take Lennon. 2 reasons a) it would be unethical as former CEO to poach her old manager. If she is anything she stands for integrity- would be astonished if she did that. Remember when Stubbs went to Rotherham he promised not to rape us. b) Lennon would be way too controversial an appointment given his Celtic connections. I'll bet if she went she would consider Stubbs for Scotland.

I think there is a very real risk she will be offered it- there are not many qualified people for the role and she fits the bill in so many ways. Best hope is she sees sense and realises it could be a can of worms. If I were her I would probably wait for a similar job down south - she could make massive money without the grief of third rate suits at her back.

col02
02-02-2018, 06:33 PM
She left Motherwell for Hibs and they seem to be doing OK both on and off the pitch. If the structure at Hibs is as sound as some claim then I don't think her departure would carry as much significance as some fear or claim. If it wasn't now it'd be sometime soon that she'll move on. When she came here we already had the infrastructure. It was the football side that needed overhauled and she and her staff have done that admirably despite being in the championship for three seasons. I wish her well if the Scotland role is offered to her as that is genuinely a shambles right now.

itslegaltender
02-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Seems to be gathering pace.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 06:53 PM
She left Motherwell for Hibs and they seem to be doing OK both on and off the pitch. If the structure at Hibs is as sound as some claim then I don't think her departure would carry as much significance as some fear or claim. If it wasn't now it'd be sometime soon that she'll move on. When she came here we already had the infrastructure. It was the football side that needed overhauled and she and her staff have done that admirably despite being in the championship for three seasons. I wish her well if the Scotland role is offered to her as that is genuinely a shambles right now.The question of her leaving has been raised at at least 2 AGM's. I have little doubt that the Board recognise the likelihood of her being tempted away, and have charged her with working out a strategy that minimises the potential negative effects of that.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
02-02-2018, 07:10 PM
If Leeann's remit was to completely revolutionise Scottish Football and be given all the resources she required, including a hand-picked team, then she has a fair chance of making the difference and kicking-into-touch the current dinosaur-led status quo, where institutionalised failure is a given.
Scottish football has become a backwater under the present regime, with pitiful tv money, tortoise-pace decision-making, and everything stacked in favour of the Glasgow giants to enable them to continue their boring monopoly.
My fear is that she would simply be wedged into a system and structure that allows no autonomy - the complete opposite of what she has at our beloved club.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Indeed, but if you have someone sign up to a situation where they have KPI's and structures that cannot be changed without the Board's consent, you have the power to get rid of them unless they can show reasonable justification for binning everything that is already in place.

I would have thought that the board set the strategic direction, and the CE has to implement that. Also i would have thought that the Board woulnt hire someone who didnt like the structure they had - and also the board can fire a CE at any time.

green day
02-02-2018, 08:01 PM
If Leeann's remit was to completely revolutionise Scottish Football and be given all the resources she required, including a hand-picked team, then she has a fair chance of making the difference and kicking-into-touch the current dinosaur-led stagnant/status quo, where institutionalised failure is a given.
Scottish football has become a backwater under the present regime, with pitiful tv money, tortoise-pace decision-making, and everything stacked in favour of the Glasgow giants to enable them to continue their boring monopolisation.
My fear is that she would simply be wedged into a system and structure that allows no autonomy - the complete opposite of what she has at our beloved club.

Indeed, and I think she is too intelligent to be suckered into that.

If she takes the role, it's because she has been given the free hand you describe.

If not, well it's pretty clear that all they wanted was a yes man/woman to continue the status quo -i.e whatever the Old Firm want.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 08:11 PM
I would have thought that the board set the strategic direction, and the CE has to implement that. Also i would have thought that the Board woulnt hire someone who didnt like the structure they had - and also the board can fire a CE at any time.On the first bit, it's probably been a 2 way street in recent years. LD will have been advising the Board, as well as drawing on their experience and vision.

On the second part, absolutely. They would be daft to jeopardise the progress we have made.

Diclonius
02-02-2018, 08:22 PM
If Leeann leaves us, will Petrie appoint another CEO or reassume full control? Because I think we'll have to get our protest cards out again if that's the case. Not interested in another three seasons of pathetic budgets, journeymen/loans and declining attendances.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 08:22 PM
If Leeann leaves us, will Petrie appoint another CEO or reassume full control? Because I think we'll have to get our protest cards out again if that's the case. Not interested in another three seasons of pathetic budgets, journeymen/loans and declining attendances.Why would he?

Glory Lurker
02-02-2018, 08:27 PM
This cannot be allowed to happen! I still haven’t learned how to spell her name yet! :boo hoo:

Seriously though, surely the SFA gig is no place for someone with vision, ambition and a thirst for success?

ZouZou
02-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Anyone know the salary at SFA? Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 08:44 PM

No, but LD is on a 6 figure sum at Hibs

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 08:52 PM

£280k pa

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2018, 08:54 PM
£280k pa

That's about double what we pay LD.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 09:41 PM
That's about double what we pay LD.

Funny thing is they may be tempted to go a bit cheaper with a new appointee but if it’s Leeann then there is no way they can offer her a penny less than her male predecessor.

JIm
02-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Will she stick with the points system though? Or will she open it up to every one for away days 😂

I hope she doesn't move on, she's consistently spoken about a long term thing with Hibs but ultimately I think she'd relish the challenge. It's probably one of the few roles she would consider but time will tell.

And a rather substantial wage increase can't be scoffed at.

If it were to happen it would be interesting to see what route we went? Promoting deom within? Is there anyone? Another current club CEO or a wild card? Petrie only interested I. SFA President role so amazed if he were to consider ever stepping back in.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Will she stick with the points system though? Or will she open it up to every one for away days [emoji23]

I hope she doesn't move on, she's consistently spoken about a long term thing with Hibs but ultimately I think she'd relish the challenge. It's probably one of the few roles she would consider but time will tell.

And a rather substantial wage increase can't be scoffed at.

If it were to happen it would be interesting to see what route we went? Promoting deom within? Is there anyone? Another current club CEO or a wild card? Petrie only interested I. SFA President role so amazed if he were to consider ever stepping back in.

The fact that Petrie is just in line to get the SFA presidency next year is everything that is wrong with the SFA.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 10:17 PM
The fact that Petrie is just in line to get the SFA presidency next year is everything that is wrong with the SFA.

Tom English on Sportsound tonight, said getting rid of the dinosaurs on the SFA board, should be the 1st job of the new SFA Chief Executive
This includes Petrie and Co

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Tom English on Sportsound tonight, said getting rid of the dinosaurs on the SFA board, should be the 1st job of the new SFA Chief Executive
This includes Petrie and Co

He’s not wrong Billy. The current president is the Cove Rangers chairman I think and the SFA presidency is the highlight of his career. He got the job by hanging around the various committees at Hampden long enough until it was his turn. This is the top guy in Scottish football. Crazy.
And Petrie will likely be even worse.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2018, 11:05 PM
He’s not wrong Billy. The current president is the Cove Rangers chairman I think and the SFA presidency is the highlight of his career. He got the job by hanging around the various committees at Hampden long enough until it was his turn. This is the top guy in Scottish football. Crazy.
And Petrie will likely be even worse.

Better Petrie than having it headed again by 'real rangurz men' surely?. Some might say English and co are punting an agenda formulated by others to ensure Hibernian FC's Rod doesn't get it. Be careful what you wish for appears to be a genuine caveat here I think.

mon the cabbage!!!

Just Alf
02-02-2018, 11:12 PM
I hear you but I actually think petrie, in that scenario would do a job.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
02-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Better Petrie than having it headed again by 'real rangurz men' surely?. Some might say English and co are punting an agenda formulated by others to ensure Hibernian FC's Rod doesn't get it. Be careful what you wish for appears to be a genuine caveat here I think.

mon the cabbage!!!

I very much doubt English is pushing that agenda. Maybe if we could increase the level of transparency with the way the game is run then there would not be that level of mistrust and paranoia among supporters.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2018, 11:34 PM
I very much doubt English is pushing that agenda. Maybe if we could increase the level of transparency with the way the game is run then there would not be that level of mistrust and paranoia among supporters.

I would call it more a realistic pragmatism than mistrust and paranoia. Agendas being pushed are part and parcel of everyday working life in organisations/institutions such as the sfa. I hope Rod gets to the top of the corridors of power and then we might have a real chance of seeing genuine changes being made and its very possibly why we're now hearing grumblings of 'chaos at the top of the sfa' etc because some don't like the thought of our Rod being top of the tree. In my opinion of course.

mon the cabbage!!!

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 11:49 PM

Think English is just wanting fresh blood, not the same old people looking to keep a seat on the SFA board, and I agree with him

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 11:51 PM
I would call it more a realistic pragmatism than mistrust and paranoia. Agendas being pushed are part and parcel of everyday working life in organisations/institutions such as the sfa. I hope Rod gets to the top of the corridors of power and then we might have a real chance of seeing genuine changes being made and its very possibly why we're now hearing grumblings of 'chaos at the top of the sfa' etc because some don't like the thought of our Rod being top of the tree. In my opinion of course.

mon the cabbage!!!

Rod couldn’t even manage his own club for years, how can he change Scottish football. He’d have been bombed out Hibs years ago, if it wasn’t for STF

Tornadoes70
03-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Rod couldn’t even manage his own club for years, how can he change Scottish football. He’d have been bombed out Hibs years ago, if it wasn’t for STF

Okay mate. Not looking for an argument just giving my honest opinion that not everything is as it appears at times and agendas are far more ordinary than might appear. I'm still of the opinion Rod would be good for the game if he is able to tightrope his way past the obstacles.

mon the cabbage!!!

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 12:07 AM

Correct. Anyone who thinks Rod will be good for Scottish football just because he represents our club has not been paying attention. The highlight of Rods career was the day he met STF.

Deansy
03-02-2018, 12:14 AM
If LD does take the job I really hope it's on the condition she's allowed to reveal exactly what's in the infamous '5 way agreement' !!

Maguire
03-02-2018, 02:21 AM
Still confident the structure will remain in place, the whole attitude and mentality of the club has already changed during her tenure and can't see it changing anytime soon

GreenLake
03-02-2018, 06:07 AM
I hope she stays at Hibs AND does the international job. Women can multi-task and women like Leeann can move mountains.

Can't wait to see the trail of destruction she will leave amongst the useless bought and paid for flakes that run things now. She is like an Amazon warrior and she is honest - a staggeringly rare attribute in Scottish Football.

If I ever find myself divorced or widowed I will be very happy to remain single unless Leeann wants me. :flag:

BigT-Hibeez
03-02-2018, 06:41 AM
The remaining committee at the SFA, after a 24 hour meeting at their (men only) golf club, unanimously decided it would be great to invite a woman in, and have already chosen a revealing dress for her.. A sub committee will then hold another meeting, without the distractions of 'pretty little fillies', where travelling expenses and hotel bills will be discussed at length

Then another rumour will be released to the media, touting a possible Black man as the new candidate..

We will all be so in awe of their progressive, politically aware headhunting, that we won't notice as Walter Smith is suddenly appointed..

In his acceptance speech, Walter will clearly state that Harry Potter is a tactical genius and his forward thinking tactics were so far ahead, that we (and the football world) weren't quite ready for them, and will begin his reign by appointing a similar, nasally astute, manager to play friendlies against Narnia and Middle Earth..

New player bonus schemes will be instantly designed, with £300k per player awarded for a win, and £10,000000 per player if we get the draw..

Walter continues by saying he hopes that all home friendlies will be played at a neutral ground, if it begins with an I.. Any friendlies against chip loving countries will be awarded to HMFC until other clubs/stadiums can match their groundbreaking, deep fat frying expertise..

Walter, and Rolf Harris, will then remind us that Celtic are only winning the league on points gained from games won, and they will try their very hardest to review this unfair system, and fairly award points for yellow cards, financial irregularities, and sectarian abuse..

Walter was unavailable for comment, but Rolf kindly took time out from his critically acclaimed after dinner speech tour of Midlothian, to thank the Scottish fans for their choice, joking that it was slightly biased given that HMFC have 4000,000 fans

Beefster
03-02-2018, 09:03 AM
I hope she stays at Hibs AND does the international job. Women can multi-task and women like Leeann can move mountains.

But not many people can do two, high-pressure, full-time jobs for any length of time.

She won’t take the SFA job anyway. I read on here that she’s holding out for the Holy Grail - the Hearts job.

son of haggart
03-02-2018, 09:08 AM
But not many people can do two, high-pressure, full-time jobs for any length of time.

She won’t take the SFA job anyway. I read on here that she’s holding out for the Holy Grail - the Hearts job.

Lol

I admit that was me and I took pelters for it, understandably. I did say it was a long shot ( ie it would have required a special set of circumstances includingAnn Budge steppping away from her current responsibilities at Hearts which isn’t likely to happen for at least three years).

I doubt the SFA would go for a job share, but I’d be delighted if she got the job and cleared out the current board of blazered time servers. I doubt the SFA will have the guts to give her the job but good luck to her if she gets it.

Golden Bear
03-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Isn't it weird that the media are now citing Hibernian FC as a well run Club whose fortunes have been totally turned around since the new structure was put in place yet on the other hand they take great delight in sticking the boot in at every opportunity.

:rolleyes:

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-02-2018, 10:30 AM
She's transformed a club many had walked away from. I believe there is no going backwards for Hibernian football club. She contributes significantly to 21/05/16

I'd be deeply intrigued to see if/how she could transform a nation so passionate for football but scunnered from years of abject failure.

As a member of the TA I'd happily see her in the role. I do not believe she'd have the remit to perform the changes necessary to progress our backwards country. Too many vested interests imo

son of haggart
03-02-2018, 10:32 AM
She's transformed a club many had walked away from. I believe there is no going backwards for Hibernian football club. She contributes significantly to 21/05/16

I'd be deeply intrigued to see if/how she could transform a nation so passionate for football but scunnered from years of abject failure.

As a member of the TA I'd happily see her in the role. I do not believe she'd have the remit to perform the changes necessary to progress our backwards country. Too many vested interests imo

Sadly I agree with you (as an ex member of the TA). But at least it would be a move I the right direction

Spike Mandela
03-02-2018, 10:57 AM
If LD does take the job I really hope it's on the condition she's allowed to reveal exactly what's in the infamous '5 way agreement' !!

Her complicity in Hibs recent enthusiasm to ‘move on’ from the SFA’s (non)handling of the Rangers EBT scandal and to block an independent inquiry requested by the SPFL would make this scenario a flight of fantasy.

Her 20 years as an Ibrox season ticket holder at Ibrox, as everybody on here seems to go to great lengths to dismiss, would not colour her judgement whatsoever of course.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 11:55 AM
As much as getting the right person in is important, the job itself has to change before there is any chance of success.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 12:04 PM
If Leeann wants the gig this is who she will need to keep happy on a daily basis. You can see why very little is actually achieved. Every single decision has to be made with these boards and committees in mind.

The Board
The main Board consists of eight members: the Scottish FA Office Bearers (Alan McRae, President; Stewart Regan, Chief Executive;*and Rod Petrie, Vice President), plus Ian Maxwell (SPFL), Michael Mulraney (SPFL), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA) and independent non-executive directors, Barrie Jackson and Gary Hughes. Ana Stewart will replace Barrie Jackson in December 2017.

The Board will focus on corporate strategy and top-line decision-making, with the operational Professional Game Board and Non-Professional Game Board representing their respective parts of the game. These boards were created to provide greater focus in the affairs of the Professional and Non-Professional game.
Professional Game Board
Chair: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA)
Members: Alan McRae (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Andrew McKinlay (Scottish FA)*, Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Michael Nicolson (SPFL), Ian Maxwell (SPFL), Michael Mulraney (SPFL), Stewart Robertson (SPFL), Finlay Noble (SHFL) and Andrew Waddell (SLFL)

*Co-opted member

Non-Professional Game Board

Chair: Alan McRae (Scottish FA)
Members: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), John Campbell (Scottish Welfare FA), Fiona*McIntyre (Scottish Women's Football), John Gold (Scottish Schools FA), John Greenhorn (East of Scotland Football League), Colin Holden (South of Scotland Football League), Tom Johnston (Scottish Junior FA), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA), Tom Anderson (Scottish Youth FA)
Equalities & Diversity*Advisory*Board

Chair:*Ana Stewart (Scottish FA Board Member)
Members: David McPhee (Perth & Kinross Council), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Dr Mohammed Ishaq (University of the West of Scotland), David Cameron (Scottish Government Consultant), Ebru Koksal (FIFA Consultant), Professor Grant Jarvie (University of Edinburgh), Helen Webster (Aberdeen Life)
Licensing Committee
Chair: Allan Cowan (independent member)
Vice Chair: Ewen Cameron (SPFL)
Members: Donald McNaught (independent member), Anne McKeown (SPFL), Craig Paterson (SPFL), Dick Shaw (independent member), John McCabe (Lowland League), Roddy Morrison (independent member), Brian Urquhart (independent member)
Referee Committee
Chair: Willie Young
Vice Chair: Steve Brown (St. Johnstone), David Reid (Stenhousemuir)
Members: Iain Brines, Kenny Clark, Martin Cryans, Alan Freeland, Ian Fyfe, Calum Murray, Brian Winter

On top of that you have the SFA Congress.

Members
Office Bearers: Alan McRae, Rod Petrie
Chief Executive: Stewart Regan
Scottish Professional Football League: Andrew Dickson, Neil Doncaster, Graham Peterkin, Ken Ferguson, Margaret Lang, Malcom Mackay
Scottish Highland Football League: David Dowling
Scottish Lowland Football League: John McCabe
East of Scotland Football League: Alistair Wilkie
South of Scotland Football League: Richard Shaw MBE
Scottish Amateur FA: Stuart Urquhart
Scottish Junior FA: Tom Johnston
Scottish Schools’ FA: Alex McMenemy
Scottish Welfare FA: Callum Shanks
Scottish Women’s Football: Vivienne MacLaren
Scottish Youth FA: Duncan Mayze
PFA Scotland: Fraser Wishart
Managers and Coaches Association: Walter Macadam
Scottish Senior Football Referees’ Association: Kevin Clancy
sportscotland: Mel Young
Media: Stephen Halliday
Supporters Direct Scotland: Alan Russell

Betty Boop
03-02-2018, 01:08 PM
If Leeann wants the gig this is who she will need to keep happy on a daily basis. You can see why very little is actually achieved. Every single decision has to be made with these boards and committees in mind.

The Board
The main Board consists of eight members: the Scottish FA Office Bearers (Alan McRae, President; Stewart Regan, Chief Executive;*and Rod Petrie, Vice President), plus Ian Maxwell (SPFL), Michael Mulraney (SPFL), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA) and independent non-executive directors, Barrie Jackson and Gary Hughes. Ana Stewart will replace Barrie Jackson in December 2017.

The Board will focus on corporate strategy and top-line decision-making, with the operational Professional Game Board and Non-Professional Game Board representing their respective parts of the game. These boards were created to provide greater focus in the affairs of the Professional and Non-Professional game.
Professional Game Board
Members: Alan McRae (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Andrew McKinlay (Scottish FA)*, Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Michael Nicolson (SPFL), Ian Maxwell (SPFL), Michael Mulraney (SPFL), Stewart Robertson (SPFL), Finlay Noble (SHFL) and Andrew Waddell (SLFL)

*Co-opted member

Members: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), John Campbell (Scottish Welfare FA), Fiona*McIntyre (Scottish Women's Football), John Gold (Scottish Schools FA), John Greenhorn (East of Scotland Football League), Colin Holden (South of Scotland Football League), Tom Johnston (Scottish Junior FA), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA), Tom Anderson (Scottish Youth FA)

Members: David McPhee (Perth & Kinross Council), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Dr Mohammed Ishaq (University of the West of Scotland), David Cameron (Scottish Government Consultant), Ebru Koksal (FIFA Consultant), Professor Grant Jarvie (University of Edinburgh), Helen Webster (Aberdeen Life)
Licensing Committee
Members: Donald McNaught (independent member), Anne McKeown (SPFL), Craig Paterson (SPFL), Dick Shaw (independent member), John McCabe (Lowland League), Roddy Morrison (independent member), Brian Urquhart (independent member)
Referee Committee
Members: Iain Brines, Kenny Clark, Martin Cryans, Alan Freeland, Ian Fyfe, Calum Murray, Brian Winter

Members
Scottish Professional Football League: Andrew Dickson, Neil Doncaster, Graham Peterkin, Ken Ferguson, Margaret Lang, Malcom Mackay

Yes it's a huge organisation I'm sure she's more than capable.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2018, 01:11 PM

The Board

Professional Game Board

*Co-opted member

Licensing Committee
Referee Committee

Members

Jesus, what a list
See Oli Shaw’s grandad on this

Famous Fiver
03-02-2018, 01:34 PM
When you see that list in it's glorious entirety it makes your jaw drop.

If they are all on the payroll or expenses gravy train the quicker a new broom is in there to sweep away the sheer magnitude of the organisation the better.

Can you imagine the potential vested interest and cliques among that lot?

Scottish football, in my opinion, is going nowhere with a top heavy organisation as the one presently in place.

Brunswickbill
03-02-2018, 01:36 PM
H.O.L.D - Hands off Leanne Dempster.
S.F.A G.T.F

Famous Fiver
03-02-2018, 01:38 PM
On closer examination, my jaw dropped again.

Look at some of the luminaries on the referee committee. No names, no pack drill but some of them, in my opionion, were not fit to be referees, never mind run things officially.

Jeez, speechless!

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 01:39 PM
There are probably less people running Google than there is the SFA.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 01:41 PM
And none of that list includes the people running the SPFL whom she would also need to keep happy.

green day
03-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Jesus, what a list
See Oli Shaw’s grandad on this

I know someone on the equality and diversity committee. She is a really nice person, what she's doing involved with the SFA is beyond me.

One Day Soon
03-02-2018, 02:01 PM
On closer examination, my jaw dropped again.

Look at some of the luminaries on the referee committee. No names, no pack drill but some of them, in my opionion, were not fit to be referees, never mind run things officially.

Jeez, speechless!

Alan ****ing Freeland! FFS

Ozyhibby
03-02-2018, 02:03 PM
I know someone on the equality and diversity committee. She is a really nice person, what she's doing involved with the SFA is beyond me.

The busiest committee of them all since they employed Malkay Mackay.

green day
03-02-2018, 02:45 PM
The busiest committee of them all since they employed Malkay Mackay.

Just been told she is meeting Anne budge as well, so sure she will get her eyes opened about what big clubs do, especially when they project manage new stands.....