PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 06:17 PM
OK.. A player commits a foul that will result in either a 2nd yellow or a red, the ref sees challenge but allows team to continue to attack and he will book player once play stops.

Team continues attack but it comes to nothing but game doesn't stop other team go up park and player who is going to be sent off when game stops scores. Game stops after goal and he is off.

Green Man
01-02-2018, 06:24 PM
I don’t know if it’s ever happened but I’m sure it was a scenario in You Are the Ref a few years back. I think the answer was that the goal stands and the player is sent off.

hibbysam
01-02-2018, 06:25 PM
OK.. A player commits a foul that will result in either a 2nd yellow or a red, the ref sees challenge but allows team to continue to attack and he will book player once play stops.

Team continues attack but it comes to nothing but game doesn't stop other team go up park and player who is going to be sent off when game stops scores. Game stops after goal and he is off.

If it’s going to result in a red card the game is nearly always stoped straight away.

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 06:30 PM
If it’s going to result in a red card the game is nearly always stoped straight away.

If the player has already been booked it should not decide if the ref plays advantage or not and I am quite sure in the split second the ref may not even think player involved is already booked.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2018, 06:30 PM
If it did the match would be hearts v Hibs at tynecastle and the incident would occur right after Hibs score a perfectly good goal that ripples the back of the net but the officials say it did not cross the line.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 06:32 PM
If it did the match would be hearts v Hibs at tynecastle and the incident would occur right after Hibs score a perfectly good goal that ripples the back of the net but the officials say it did not cross the line.

You may well be right Boston.

hibbysam
01-02-2018, 06:50 PM
If the player has already been booked it should not decide if the ref plays advantage or not and I am quite sure in the split second the ref may not even think player involved is already booked.

Majority of refs know exactly who has and hasn’t been booked, hence how you see second yellows very hard to get. It’s not the rules but as I said I’ve never seen an advantage given and then back for a second yellow once it had broken down. The majority of referees will stop straight away.

HoboHarry
01-02-2018, 06:52 PM
If it was Big Marvin the referee would have made the decision before it happened and sent him off anyway...

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Game is stopped if the ref is going to send a player off for this exact reason. 2nd yellow, game stopped, player off. Always been the case.

Sammy7nil
01-02-2018, 07:09 PM
Game is stopped if the ref is going to send a player off for this exact reason. 2nd yellow, game stopped, player off. Always been the case.

Even if t is a second yellow and the attacker is clean through on goal ? There would be a riot.

HoboHarry
01-02-2018, 07:10 PM
I'll apologise if I am wrong but can you show me where that is in the rules?

Just Alf
01-02-2018, 07:14 PM
If I was the Ref, the minute the ball went towards the player due to be sent off I'd be blowing my whistle sending him off and then awarding the foul back at the original incident.

Maybe that's too much sense for our officials mind...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 07:20 PM
I am guessing it's a no then.

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Somebody has thrown this into mix:

Player A commits a foul on player B.
Player C picks the ball up.
Referee thinks the challenge from Player A is worthy of a yellow card, but he let's play go on.
Player A commits another foul, this time on Player C.
Refeere thinks that the second challenge is also worthy of a yellow card.

Now the question comes: Does Player A get two yellow cards = red card, even though he didn't know he was given the first yellow card?

OR does Player A only get one yellow card?

shetlandhibee
01-02-2018, 07:27 PM

normally when the advantage stops, ie the team that had the advantage loses possession, the ref stops play then hands out booking if its a 2nd one hes off, IMO thats the procedure.. :flag:

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 07:27 PM
https://youtu.be/RY0DD120slk

Baw187
01-02-2018, 08:43 PM
https://youtu.be/RY0DD120slk

Haha!! I’d be raging! Fair enough though!

Jones28
01-02-2018, 08:48 PM
I'll apologise if I am wrong but can you show me where that is in the rules?

If a red card is going to be given they stop the game no, regardless of circumstance?

Aim Here
01-02-2018, 08:54 PM

The one exception is if letting the advantage would give an opportunity to score - LotG, Law 5, the section headed 'Advantage'

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to
apply the advantage or stop play:
• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the
referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent
opportunity to score a goal
• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the
opponent’s goal, the more effective it can be
• the chances of an immediate, promising attack
• the atmosphere of the match

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2018, 08:56 PM
The one exception is if letting the advantage would give an opportunity to score - LotG, Law 5, the section headed 'Advantage'Fair enough. Never seen it any other way that how I said. Barcelona had a goal ruled off in a European cup final so the referee could send Jens Lehmann off.

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Referee thinks the challenge from Player A is worthy of a yellow card, but he let's play go on.

Now the question comes: Does Player A get two yellow cards = red card, even though he didn't know he was given the first yellow card?

Player C gets done for deliberate hand ball

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Watched Werder v Hertha at the weekend and there was a controversial incident that annoyed the **** out of me.2 players went up for a ball in the middle of the park, it looked like the Werder player had his arms high but the ref didn't blow for a foul. The Werder player headed the ball forward and Werder then went on the offensive and after a blocked shot that rebounded to another Werder player who then scored the ref decided to look at video evidence of the first incident that had happened about 20 seconds before. Result was the goal got disallowed. I'm all for refs playing advantage when the fouled team have an advantage when play continues, but if the team that committed the foul gains an advantage then surely the ref needs to stop play immediately.

Greenfly
01-02-2018, 10:37 PM

The referee does nothing and Player A continues playing unless the Rangers choose to substitute him.

Geo_1875
02-02-2018, 08:42 AM

That must be the biggest cop out for most referees.

If 40,000 huns are screaming for blood then the opponent must be sent off whether he committed a foul or not.

Not In The Know
02-02-2018, 08:45 AM

Craig Thomson as the Ref

Aim Here
02-02-2018, 11:21 AM

That must be the biggest cop out for most referees.

If 40,000 huns are screaming for blood then the opponent must be sent off whether he committed a foul or not.

That particular section is just on deciding whether to play advantage or stop for a free kick in the event of a foul; the 'red card' case is only the first bullet point.