PDA

View Full Version : Levein

Delboy4
01-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Did you just hear that plonker?

Talking about his wee laddie bossing Scott Brown at Tynie so Scott was getting him back!!

Great comeback from Rodgers saying the young boy is too young at 16 to be in a big game against the best team 😂👏

andy1875
01-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Levein is a slaver.

Best ignored.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-02-2018, 05:48 PM
If that was NL coming out with stuff like that the beaks would have been all over him like a rash.

Best shut up Potter, it wasn't even a foul.

100% prick of a man.

SideBurns
01-02-2018, 06:10 PM
I remember when Broony was a cocky wee ***** and mixing it with the big lads, Alan Thompson emptied him at Easter Road with a cracking challenge. Thompson apparently apologised to Broony later (I think he was out injured for quite a while?) but it was a wee education for SB that if you want to dish it out, you have to take it.

I have no wish to see an obviously talented Scottish laddie like Cochrane gettting a bad yin, but if the injury is relatively minor then it might be a lesson learned for him too.

Of course, Levein is the funniest man in Scotland so he'll only be joking anyway.

G B Young
01-02-2018, 06:15 PM
There are a couple of other threads on this, but as somebody else has pointed out the ref didn't give a foul for the challenge so Levein is once again just stirring things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42908092

Famous Fiver
01-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Anyone remember if Levein demanded protection for McGinn when Cochrane tried (unsuccessfully) to injure him?

I certainly don't.

Levein is selective with his comments and I just wish some journo would ask him for his view on that incident.

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2018, 06:18 PM
The verbal diarrhoea is sloshing from him like the real thing did at Dens.

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 06:18 PM
.... dick

Aldo
01-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Potters wants the yams to dish it out but isn't happy when on the receiving end!

Having viewed Browns tackle from all angles the young wee plooky rat is too slow to react and falls down (like most of them to at the slightest brush).

Now it's a prove FACT that they are the dirtiest team in the league and will continue to be so under potter.

Now he reckons Brown was reaping revenge following being taught a lesson by a 16 year old following their defeat and the tiniest park in the SPL??

The yam support also think the plooky rat will run rings round Brown for years to come?? I very much doubt that he will be anywhere near the player has been.

I would also like to ask why a 16 year old is big enough to chop down McGinn and only get a yellow and get sent off at St Johnstone.

If he's big enough to dish it he's man enough to take it.

emerald green
01-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Stop whinging Potter. It was your decision to play a 16 year old at Celtic Park against Brown who is no angel. He gets away with murder at times.

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 06:37 PM
They don't like it up em

Joe6-2
01-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Absolute bellend

hibs#1
01-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Thought the challenge on Cochrane was fine he landed on him and that's how he got injured no? Browns challenge on Djoum I think was quite bad. But pot kettle and black comes to mind with regards to levein .

Kato
01-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Now he reckons Brown was reaping revenge following being taught a lesson by a 16 year old following their defeat and the tiniest park in the SPL??

He's an abject weirdo. He thinks he gets under his rivals skins by what he says but he makes himself look like a fruitcake. The most boring, banal, rolf-looking fruitcake in the world.

He came through under Diddy McDonald, who was a cheat, a thug, a bigot and cared nothing for football as a spectacle - only the goading and gloating. It was under him the "drop to the floor at the slightest brush, kick out whenever you think you can get away with it, get in the refs ear" tactics came about. The only Hearts coach who played in that era who didn't pass those tactics on was Wee Fat John, Levein has them as his default. In a way I hope he carries on. The **** youth just don't like the drabness in their play or the library atmosphere and they are stopping attending Tynie more and more. He'll lose them supporters long term, but meanwhile leave a rake of injuries to their own players and other clubs' with hammer-thrower stuff.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2018, 06:46 PM
The verbal diarrhoea is sloshing from him like the real thing did at Dens.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Aldo
01-02-2018, 06:48 PM
He's an abject weirdo. He thinks he gets under his rivals skins by what he says but he makes himself look like a fruitcake. The most boring, banal, rolf-looking fruitcake in the world.

He came through under Diddy McDonald, who was a cheat, a thug, a bigot and cared nothing for football as a spectacle - only the goading and gloating. It was under him the "drop to the floor at the slightest brush, kick out whenever you think you can get away with it, get in the refs ear" tactics came about. The only Hearts coach who played in that era who didn't pass those tactics on was Wee Fat John, Levein has them as his default. In a way I hope he carries on. The **** youth just don't like the drabness in their play or the library atmosphere and they are stopping attending Tynie more and more. He'll lose them supporters long term, but meanwhile leave a rake of injuries to their own players and other clubs' with hammer-thrower stuff.

Indeed pointing the finger at those who put the boot in when it is his own tactics that provoke such responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harp
01-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Maybe Levein is trying to lose his 'boring' tag by becoming controversial. We recently had his 'natural order' garbage, now he's singling out another team's player for a verbal assault.
Or could it be he's just losing the plot?

WoreTheGreen
01-02-2018, 06:56 PM
The plot more like a allotment hiding in wee shed with a wee bucket just in case

HibbyAndy
01-02-2018, 06:57 PM
What a complete bellend , His team are full of hatchet men that are told to kick anything that moves , What an erse he is

vuefrom1875
01-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Maybe Levein is trying to lose his 'boring' tag by becoming controversial. We recently had his 'natural order' garbage, now he's singling out another team's player for a verbal assault.
Or could it be he's just losing the plot?
Losing the plot could be one explanation, but I suspect he's got psychological personality problems.Still mentally affected with what happened in '86,his failure as Scotland manager, his pathological hatred of Hibs, his medals count, and his delusional sense superiority where football is concerned in Edinburgh.There's enough material to write a new thesis on behavioral patterns of the failed football manager.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-02-2018, 07:35 PM
The definition of hertz ****

A thug and a bully as a player and no change as a manager

Swedish hibee
01-02-2018, 07:40 PM
I actually like a wee spat between managers or players. Dislike both of them, so will be fun to see who goes next..

SideBurns
01-02-2018, 07:42 PM
https://twitter.com/lilze8/status/959051863273459713?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc% 5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Enet.whatsapp.WhatsApp.ShareExtensio n%7Ctwcon%5E7100%7Ctwterm%5E0

Craig once scored the winner in a Hearts v Celtic game - bet he wishes he'd caught the Dens Park Diaorehha to keep him out of this one too (link courtesy of my wife)!

01-02-2018, 07:47 PM
For some tackles it can be subjective as to whether or not it was fair and in this case Scott Brown crossed the line, but I kind of think it would have been funnier if he hadn't gone over the line.

Mikey09
01-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Levein now saying Cochrane told him he'll sort Brown out in the next game... Levein's response? "You go son!"

Now if that's not endangering his 16 year old prodigy I don't know what is.

GillyHibee
01-02-2018, 11:07 PM
Levein now saying Cochrane told him he'll sort Brown out in the next game... Levein's response? "You go son!"

That's a red rag to Scott Brown. Cant wait to see the wee prick sent 10 foot in the air.

O'Rourke3
01-02-2018, 11:13 PM

So a player and their manager giving the referee and excuse to get sent off about a minute into the game. Cue, Willie will be disappointed at that sending off when he sees it again..

HibernianJK
01-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Did you just hear that plonker?

Talking about his wee laddie bossing Scott Brown at Tynie so Scott was getting him back!!

Great comeback from Rodgers saying the young boy is too young at 16 to be in a big game against the best team 😂👏

That’s not really a good comeback from Rodgers though is it?

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Well I’m stripping down to my proverbial Speedo’s and plunging into icy waters for a bracing swim against the tide here. Levein is never going to be everybody’s cup of warming bovril on a Hibs website, but he’s been a decent servant to Los Yambolinos. He isn’t here for the benefit of us, or Celtic.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2018, 02:00 AM
Well I’m stripping down to my proverbial Speedo’s and plunging into icy waters for a bracing swim against the tide here. Levein is never going to be everybody’s cup of warming bovril on a Hibs website, but he’s been a decent servant to Los Yambolinos. He isn’t here for the benefit of us, or Celtic.

Actually that's true. But that's no reason not to think the guy is a complete bellend.

If he is trying to create a pissing contest between his 16 year old prodigy and Scott Brown there can only be one of two outcomes ..... either Brown will absolutely level him the next time the two clubs meet, possibly resulting in a serious injury to a young kid out of his league when it comes to the experienced Brown. Or worse, he will wind Cochrane up so much that he inflicts a serious, possibly career ending, injury on Brown or another Celtic player, or even worse a Hibs player.

Lets not forget this is a kid who in less than half a season of first team football has already been sent off once and could well have inflicted a serious injury on John McGinn. Whether it was an accident or not Cochrane is now sidelined by injury after getting physical with the aforementioned Brown. Levin is playing with fire here and the result could end in tragedy for a kid who should have a bright future if he is handled properly. In my opinion Levin is feeding his own ego and typically it wont be him who pays the price.

I'm all for a bit of trash talk between managers, its all part of the games rich tapestry. But when you do it you have to think of the consequences .. like it or not Levin's last 3 comments have had the following consequences:

His 'natural order' comment whether it was supposed to be funny or not has enraged not only our fans, but also our backroom staff and players which is going to make the next derby a bad tempered hate fest both on and off the park.

His comment about wishing their winner in the last derby hadn't crossed the line came back to bite him big time just a week later, giving everybody a good laugh at his expense.

Now his comment about Brown and his alleged encouragement of Cochrane to mix it with him next time the clubs meet .... how is that not a possible recipe for disaster as I outlined above?

The man is a classless idiot, which it has to be said is a good fit for a club with ..... no remorse ..... no humility .... and a more inflated sense of its own importance than practically any other club in the UK, never mind Scotland.

I would be willing to bet that outside of the Ugly Sisters Hearts are the most unpopular club in Scotland .... not because they are unbeatable on the park, which they certainly are not, but because of their unjustified arrogance and the way they look down their noses at the rest, Budge's comments about ditching the clubs she sees as 'inferior' from the league system being a case in point.

HoboHarry
02-02-2018, 02:18 AM
Actually that's true. But that's no reason not to think the guy is a complete bellend.

If he is trying to create a pissing contest between his 16 year old prodigy and Scott Brown there can only be one of two outcomes ..... either Brown will absolutely level him the next time the two clubs meet, possibly resulting in a serious injury to a young kid out of his league when it comes to the experienced Brown. Or worse, he will wind Cochrane up so much that he inflicts a serious, possibly career ending, injury on Brown or another Celtic player, or even worse a Hibs player.

Lets not forget this is a kid who in less than half a season of first team football has already been sent off once and could well have inflicted a serious injury on John McGinn. Whether it was an accident or not Cochrane is now sidelined by injury after getting physical with the aforementioned Brown. Levin is playing with fire here and the result could end in tragedy for a kid who should have a bright future if he is handled properly. In my opinion Levin is feeding his own ego and typically it wont be him who pays the price.

I'm all for a bit of trash talk between managers, its all part of the games rich tapestry. But when you do it you have to think of the consequences .. like it or not Levin's last 3 comments have had the following consequences:

His 'natural order' comment whether it was supposed to be funny or not has enraged not only our fans, but also our backroom staff and players which is going to make the next derby a bad tempered hate fest both on and off the park.

His comment about wishing their winner in the last derby hadn't crossed the line came back to bite him big time just a week later, giving everybody a good laugh at his expense.

Now his comment about Brown and his alleged encouragement of Cochrane to mix it with him next time the clubs meet .... how is that not a possible recipe for disaster as I outlined above?

The man is a classless idiot, which it has to be said is a good fit for a club with ..... no remorse ..... no humility .... and a more inflated sense of its own importance than practically any other club in the UK, never mind Scotland.

I would be willing to bet that outside of the Ugly Sisters Hearts are the most unpopular club in Scotland .... not because they are unbeatable on the park, which they certainly are not, but because of their unjustified arrogance and the way they look down their noses at the rest, Budge's comments about ditching the clubs she sees as 'inferior' from the league system being a case in point.

I really don't think you are giving Scott Brown enough credit here. Cast your mind back to all the press given to Joey Barton and how he was going to dominate Scott Brown. Barton ended up so deep in Brown's back pocket that he was made to look foolish. Scott Brown may be aggressive but he can play too......

mjhibby
02-02-2018, 03:40 AM

He's desperately trying to get attention as we keep racking up points and solidify our position in the league. He is unable to make any point that contributes anything positive to Scottish football and as you say the consequences of his nonsense could be huge. Compare that with what Rodgers said re maybe he shouldn't have played him against celtic. He's ruining a decent prospect and it's no coincidence that the likes of walker, Nicholson and Patterson couldn't wait to get away from the club once he was sticking his neck into team matters. Brown does get away with it a lot but every team could do with his type of player bossing the midfield. As Stephen Thompson says sjm gets booted regularly but just gets up and gets on with it.
He has certainly made Fri the 9th March a potentially explosive game with his comments and hopefully fans and players will keep the head and concentrate on winning the game.

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2018, 05:23 AM
Levein is an absolute clown. The "bossed it" comment will have made a 16 year old laddie a target for many players now especially the Celtic and Scotland captain, the most decorated and experienced player in the country. Why put that pressure on a youngster? Idiot comment as per

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2018, 05:46 AM
I really don't think you are giving Scott Brown enough credit here. Cast your mind back to all the press given to Joey Barton and how he was going to dominate Scott Brown. Barton ended up so deep in Brown's back pocket that he was made to look foolish. Scott Brown may be aggressive but he can play too......

I'm well aware that Brown isn't just a clogger mate and to be honest I don't know where you got the idea that I thought he was. But he does have a mean streak and if he thinks Cochrane or anybody else is taking the piss he will react.

I would say of the two outcomes I could see as a result of Levin's comments the one where Cochrane seriously injures Brown or another player is far more likely ... for all his reputation as a 'hard' player Brown tends to know what he's doing and I cant remember him ever seriously injuring anybody. Cochrane on the other hand, like any young player, makes up for his lack of experience with enthusiasm and adrenalin, a bad combination in high pressure games like a clash with the Uglies or a derby match .... especially when his manager far from encouraging control seems to be intent on fanning the flames of a Cochrane v Brown physical rivalry.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 06:28 AM
Even more incredible than the joke statements by the best Scotland manager ever was that there was absolutely nothing in that tackle at all. He clearly has issues. :greengrin

Heisenberg
02-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Saying Cochrane will sort out Scott Brown in the next meeting is a stupid thing to say in the press. Brown is going to be more motivated than ever to stick the wee kid back in his place. Potter is an idiot.

greenlex
02-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Even more incredible than the joke statements by the best Scotland manager ever was that there was absolutely nothing in that tackle at all. He clearly has issues. :greengrin

Correct. It’s a good job Brown wasn’t trying to hurt him. The laddie will be ****ting himself the next time they meet. Levien is an arse.

One Day Soon
02-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Scott is a very, very good football player. If he'd moved to the English Premiership just how good he is would probably have been a lot more evident.

He is a very physical player, partly because he is extremely fit, competes 100% without holding back and and looks after himself properly and always has done since his school days.This is a lad who knew all the way back then that football was his one shot at making it and he put everything into it with incredible focus. What he isn't is a hatchet man.

Levein is trying to play games with this stuff, largely I think with his own support. It's not like starting this controversy is going to unsettle Scott and give Hearts a better chance of winning the League - they just aren't serious competition for Celtc.

This is much more about the fact that Hearts are gash, they're not going to get massively better anytime soon (their window was a bit tumbleweedy), they're back at the wee stadium but still playing eyebleeding football and not making headway with us in the league, they've a tough run of matches ahead and are likely to drop points and their next game against us is at ER. This Scott Brown stuff is classic deflection and as someone else posted elsewhere this is about feeding a siege mentality so that as they fail to clear a succession of hurdles Levein can point to the external injustices and say 'they're all against us'.

I predict seriously unhappy Yam Fud hordes in four weeks time.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 07:09 AM
Saying Cochrane will sort out Scott Brown in the next meeting is a stupid thing to say in the press. Brown is going to be more motivated than ever to stick the wee kid back in his place. Potter is an idiot.

Just underlined Rodgers was correct in saying he was putting too much pressure on poor wee Harry. Absolutely moronic by Levein.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Scott is a very, very good football player. If he'd moved to the English Premiership just how good he is would probably have been a lot more evident.

He is a very physical player, partly because he is extremely fit, competes 100% without holding back and and looks after himself properly and always has done since his school days.This is a lad who knew all the way back then that football was his one shot at making it and he put everything into it with incredible focus. What he isn't is a hatchet man.

Levein is trying to play games with this stuff, largely I think with his own support. It's not like starting this controversy is going to unsettle Scott and give Hearts a better chance of winning the League - they just aren't serious competition for Celtc.

This is much more about the fact that Hearts are gash, they're not going to get massively better anytime soon (their window was a bit tumbleweedy), they're back at the wee stadium but still playing eyebleeding football and not making headway with us in the league, they've a tough run of matches ahead and are likely to drop points and their next game against us is at ER. This Scott Brown stuff is classic deflection and as someone else posted elsewhere this is about feeding a siege mentality so that as they fail to clear a succession of hurdles Levein can point to the external injustices and say 'they're all against us'.

I predict seriously unhappy Yam Fud hordes in four weeks time.

Agree especially if St Johnstone knock them out the cup.

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2018, 07:27 AM
Same media school as the phanny Houston both spout the same twisted and totally one sided crap about there teams ..!

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2018, 10:41 AM

On reflection, you make interesting points, young Jedi, and victory is yours. Okay, he’s a ****. Never let it be said that I was not gracious in defeat.

Crazyhorse
02-02-2018, 11:03 AM

I feel a bit sorry for Cochrane. He's a 16 year old kid who is being used by a manager who clearly doesn't give a toss about his welfare.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 11:12 AM
I feel a bit sorry for Cochrane. He's a 16 year old kid who is being used by a manager who clearly doesn't give a toss about his welfare.

Agree most good managers would try and take the pressure off their young players this moron is adding to it hugely with his comments and also encouraging him to engage in foul play. Can see Cochrane getting a really bad injury quite soon given the perverse development approach Levein appears to adopt.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Absolutely. Pandering to the yam fans lowest denominator with the siege mentality guff.

hibsbollah
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM

:agree: True. And although I don't see much of Hertz I think he's one of their best players, with Berra doing the simple things well behind him and Lafferty being a bell end but who keeps scoring goals in front of him, they have the potential of having that clichéd 'strong spine'. Not sure the coaching is up to scratch...

Seveno
02-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Personally, I think Levein is being clever here. He is trying to get as much publicity for Cochrane as possible in the hope that they can cash in on him at the end of the season.

They need the money to finish off the finest stand in world football.

Springbank
02-02-2018, 01:12 PM
It would not surprise me if Hearts failed to make the top 6 and this week turned out to be the final Celtic v Hearts game of the season.

Go check the table.

We are comfortably 7 points ahead of Hearts.

But hearts are closer to 6th than they are to us in 4th. And 6th placed motherwell have a game in hand on the jambos.

Head down to 7th and 8th place and you find both Killie and St Johnstone have 2 games in hand on the jambos.

So, could be that Cochrane never plays against Brown again...

Jack Hackett
02-02-2018, 01:17 PM
It would not surprise me if Hearts failed to make the top 6 and this week turned out to be the final Celtic v Hearts game of the season.

Go check the table.

But hearts are closer to 6th than they are to us in 4th. And 6th placed motherwell have a game in hand on the jambos.

Head down to 7th and 8th place and you find both Killie and St Johnstone have 2 games in hand on the jambos.

It's actually 3 games in hand

Aim Here
02-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Go check the table.

Then again, both teams are still in the cup, so they could bump into each other there.

Springbank
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
It's actually 3 games in hand

Spot on - depending on how all the games in hand go, it wouldn't be a surprise to see hearts within touching distance of the bottom 6 going into the last fixtures before the split (and we could maybe help them on their way on 9 March :greengrin)

Not In The Know
02-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Leveins self importance is at full setting just now.

Ideally I hope we can put even more distance between us and them in the league.

oldbutdim
02-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Scott ......................... partly because he is extremely fit, competes 100% without holding back and and looks after himself properly and always has done since his school days.This is a lad who knew all the way back then that football was his one shot at making it and he put everything into it with incredible focus..............

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/13/269D68ED00000578-2993059-image-a-19_1426266086801.jpg

ancient hibee
02-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Levein is an absolute clown. The "bossed it" comment will have made a 16 year old laddie a target for many players now especially the Celtic and Scotland captain, the most decorated and experienced player in the country. Why put that pressure on a youngster? Idiot comment as per
Nothing to do with this thread.Has the updating of your Predictor League been given up for good?

The Green Goblin
02-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Losing the plot could be one explanation, but I suspect he's got psychological personality problems.Still mentally affected with what happened in '86,his failure as Scotland manager, his pathological hatred of Hibs, his medals count, and his delusional sense superiority where football is concerned in Edinburgh.There's enough material to write a new thesis on behavioral patterns of the failed football manager.

This is my view of it too.

Plus, he's got strange soulless vacant, dead eyes, like a shark.

Craig_HFC
02-02-2018, 03:00 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180202/e8324b1cbe39f8311bc96de6ffd46355.jpg

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Where is this from?

PeeKay
02-02-2018, 03:53 PM
After the 0-0 game at Tynie, when Lennon complained on Hibs TV that Hertz had kicked us off the park, Levein said he "would not go “running to his mummy” over every infringement. I don't understand why he has not been reminded about this in the media coverage of his comments about Scott Brown.

Famous Fiver
02-02-2018, 03:53 PM
This statement, wherever it came from, is incorrect.

Craig has no medals, none, zilch, zero but one time he did get a sore knuckle.

Craig_HFC
02-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Where is this from?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/john-brown-slams-sandy-clarks-877353

EastCalderHibby
02-02-2018, 03:58 PM

there is a name for people like that

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2018, 04:04 PM
On reflection, you make interesting points, young Jedi, and victory is yours. Okay, he’s a ****. Never let it be said that I was not gracious in defeat.

:greengrin

Argylehibby
02-02-2018, 04:06 PM
His job at Hearts has meant that the people of Dorset cannot hold their annual festival this year,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-42915364

Jack Hackett
02-02-2018, 04:18 PM

I find it 'pleasing' that if the guy had any backbone, it's entirely possible he just might have been in the right place at the right time, and altered the course of history. I also hope it's a thought he tortures himself with every night for the rest of his natural.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-02-2018, 05:22 PM
I passed potter earlier going north over the queensferry crossing...wonder what that snakes up to.....i reckon theres a conspiracy in there somewhere

mvteng
02-02-2018, 05:25 PM
I passed potter earlier going north over the queensferry crossing...wonder what that snakes up to.....i reckon theres a conspiracy in there somewhere

Lives in Fife. Just outside Dunfermline

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2018, 05:53 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/john-brown-slams-sandy-clarks-877353

Despise John Brown but he's bang on the money there. Can't remember 86 but that's got to be the biggest bottling in the history of Scottish football

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-02-2018, 06:06 PM
I find it 'pleasing' that if the guy had any backbone, it's entirely possible he just might have been in the right place at the right time, and altered the course of history. I also hope it's a thought he tortures himself with every night for the rest of his natural.

Bang on. It has undoubtedly shaped him as a man.

hibsbollah
02-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Gary Mackay is, in almost every respect, a total erse. But he was spot on when he said of Levein that it was unbelievable that he didn't play with this mystery 'virus'. It's the biggest game in your career, the chance for glory, everything you have been striving for since you were a boy learning the game. Mackay said he would have found a way to play at Dens even if he'd had a broken leg and I tend to believe him. Leveins just not normal.

02-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Ha ha, and they've got the cheek to try and coin the phrase "Hibs'd it" when they were the original bottlers. ******' idiots that they are - Hearts'd it big style and Craig Levein was the biggest bottler of them all.

02-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Gary Mackay is, in almost every respect, a total erse. But he was spot on when he said of Levein that it was unbelievable that he didn't play with this mystery 'virus'. It's the biggest game in your career, the chance for glory, everything you have been striving for since you were a boy learning the game. Mackay said he would have found a way to play at Dens even if he'd had a broken leg and I tend to believe him. Leveins just not normal.

As proved by Gary Lineker at Italia 90 v Republic of Ireland.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Ha ha, and they've got the cheek to try and coin the phrase "Hibs'd it" when they were the original bottlers. ******' idiots that they are - Hearts'd it big style and Craig Levein was the biggest bottler of them all.

:top marks

Biggest bottle crash of all time.

mon the cabbage!!!

Eyrie
02-02-2018, 10:54 PM

Jambottled it.

hibees 7062
02-02-2018, 11:27 PM
https://youtu.be/rlFpHriMd8A

southern hibby
02-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Little story I was told, by a man named Hugh that had a lot to do with football and Levein. He ran the pub in a little village called Bridgend near Linlithgow. Was also a scout for several clubs and had a lot to do with football in fife.

I used to visit the pub regularly as my grandfather was from there and was told that Craig was offered to Hibs, but manager at the time said they didn’t want him as he thought he wasn’t good enough or even hard enough for Hibs.

He then went to Hertz as they needed a defender. Was also told that certain players thought he was arrogant and thought himself above people.

GGTTH

snooky
02-02-2018, 11:45 PM
https://youtu.be/rlFpHriMd8A

Don't like CL but he certainly told it like it is there.
Was that the interview that he was fined for by the SFA and he refused to pay it and they kept doubling it? The jousting went on for months and I think it ended when he paid the original amount. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2018, 12:01 AM
He's a 16 year old kid who is being used by a manager who clearly doesn't give a toss about his welfare.

:agree: As when he repeatedly hung 'throda out. Egomaniac ****.

hibees 7062
03-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Don't like CL but he certainly told it like it is there.
Was that the interview that he was fined for by the SFA and he refused to pay it and they kept doubling it? The jousting went on for months and I think it ended when he paid the original amount. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right . Did he not take it to court ?

ancient hibee
03-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Little story I was told, by a man named Hugh that had a lot to do with football and Levein. He ran the pub in a little village called Bridgend near Linlithgow. Was also a scout for several clubs and had a lot to do with football in fife.

I used to visit the pub regularly as my grandfather was from there and was told that Craig was offered to Hibs, but manager at the time said they didn’t want him as he thought he wasn’t good enough or even hard enough for Hibs.

He then went to Hertz as they needed a defender. Was also told that certain players thought he was arrogant and thought himself above people.

GGTTH
Let’s not rewrite history.He was an excellent player so whoever was the Hibs manager then was wrong.

FilipinoHibs
03-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Let’s not rewrite history.He was an excellent player so whoever was the Hibs manager then was wrong.

was a good player but an arrogant bottling thug.

hibsbollah
03-02-2018, 11:32 AM

I wouldn’t say he was excellent. He formed a very good partnership with Dave McPherson, with McPherson doing the physical work and Levein mopping up and doing the transition. But they were a double team, and tellingly both were behind the two Aberdeen centre backs for Scotland.

G B Young
03-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Brown intended to 'sort out' Cochrane - LeveinHeart of Midlothian v St Johnstone (15:00)

Hearts manager Craig Levein had said in midweek that players needed protected from Celtic midfielder Scott Brown, following the injury to 16-year-old Harry Cochrane.
He tells BBC Scotland: "It was a bit tongue in cheek. Scott was speaking to Harry during the game and was telling him what he was going to do, so there's no doubt his intention was to make up for the - I wouldn't say embarrassment - but the fact Harry did better than him at Tynecastle and he set out to sort him out and he managed to do that.
"I mean, it could have been very serious. It wasn't the initial challenge, it was the way he came down and used his elbow to try and nobble him when he was on the ground."
"Of course it was (intentional). But listen, that's part of the game and that's what happened."

03-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Someone at hearts really needs to tell this clown to shut his mouth, his comments are cringeworthy.

Treadstone
03-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Someone at hearts really needs to tell this clown to shut his mouth, his comments are cringeworthy.

When your enemies are making a mistake don't interrupt them.

Famous Fiver
03-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Must have thought all his Christmases had arrived at once at the final whistle today, only to find out the Hibs score.

Natural order, Craigie boy!!!!!

GIRFUY!!!

iwasthere1972
03-02-2018, 04:18 PM
He really does speak a load of bollocks. Even the Sportscene panel were wondering :confused:

The pitch is worse when it rains and it didn't suit their usual silky passing game. Well something close to that.

G B Young
03-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Levein added: "St Johnstone ask questions of your centre backs. They turned us, they put the ball in high, they threw long throws into the box.

"These are all legitimate ways of winning matches and you've got to deal with them."

???!!
Is there some school of thought that such tactics are illegitimate?

theonlywayisup
03-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Re Levein, I'm happy he is at Hertz.

With him in charge they will only ever be mid-table. They will be a very physical boring to watch anti-football team.

Pleasing!!

05-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Much as I dislike Levein I have to give him credit for getting a player 70 miles away booked.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-brown-craig-levein-s-words-made-me-a-marked-man-1-4682847

ian cruise
05-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Much as I dislike Levein I have to give him credit for getting a player 70 miles away booked.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-brown-craig-levein-s-words-made-me-a-marked-man-1-4682847

That picture is probably the exact look he had on his face when he found out Brown had been booked.

G B Young
08-02-2018, 10:21 AM
One or two folk on here felt Lennon was wrong to be drawn into a war of words with Levein after his 'natural order' comments, but to me Levein seems to be the one who can't leave well alone when it comes to anyone expressing a view that doesn't tally with his own. I see he's at it again with Scott Brown today:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-scott-brown-got-booking-to-avoid-missing-old-firm-tie-1-4685771

What riles me about the guy is he's clearly trying to cultivate an image of being some kind of football guru who possesses wisdom beyond the average player or manager. What he says is presented as the facts and anyone else's view is misguided. Quite what qualifies him to adopt this permanently smug persona is beyond me, although I suspect it's down the fact he thinks that being a director of football prior to his return to the dugout gives him some sort of elevated knowledge. He certainly conveys the impression that the managerial role is a bit beneath him and that Scottish football should feel honoured that he's agreed to take it on.

If that's the case then it doesn't stack up, given that the whole Cathro fiasco (including a whole raft of failed signings) was down to his botched attempts to install a conveyor belt of young managerial talent at the club. And as for his managerial 'guru' status, well, if being statistically the worst Scotland boss of all time (which takes some doing!) coupled by never winning a trophy at club level qualifies you for such a position then I guess Craig Levein is the man.

Eyrie
08-02-2018, 07:41 PM
One or two folk on here felt Lennon was wrong to be drawn into a war of words with Levein after his 'natural order' comments, but to me Levein seems to be the one who can't leave well alone when it comes to anyone expressing a view that doesn't tally with his own. I see he's at it again with Scott Brown today:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-scott-brown-got-booking-to-avoid-missing-old-firm-tie-1-4685771

What riles me about the guy is he's clearly trying to cultivate an image of being some kind of football guru who possesses wisdom beyond the average player or manager. What he says is presented as the facts and anyone else's view is misguided. Quite what qualifies him to adopt this permanently smug persona is beyond me, although I suspect it's down the fact he thinks that being a director of football prior to his return to the dugout gives him some sort of elevated knowledge. He certainly conveys the impression that the managerial role is a bit beneath him and that Scottish football should feel honoured that he's agreed to take it on.

If that's the case then it doesn't stack up, given that the whole Cathro fiasco (including a whole raft of failed signings) was down to his botched attempts to install a conveyor belt of young managerial talent at the club. And as for his managerial 'guru' status, well, if being statistically the worst Scotland boss of all time (which takes some doing!) coupled by never winning a trophy at club level qualifies you for such a position then I guess Craig Levein is the man.

Having read that I'd charge Levein with bringing the game into disrepute because he's just admitted to cheating during his playing days.

weecounty hibby
08-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, he has been involved in over 1000 matches as a player and manager in his professional career and won nothing. Nada, zip, zilch, zero winners medals. A ****ing born loser who has the cheek to criticise Neil Lennon and Scott Brown both multiple winners with more then one club. He is trying to make himself out to be some sort of genius who plays in the same style of Mario Zagallo. In fact he has more in common with Alex Miller or Bertie Aulds style. Except of course their winners medals!!

mjhibby
09-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Having read that I'd charge Levein with bringing the game into disrepute because he's just admitted to cheating during his playing days.

That and surely he's bringing the game into disrepute with his behaviour. Have we not got a Scottish managers union. If so someone should be telling him to button it and not making a total bellend of himself. Trying to make himself feel relevant when him and his team aren't any more. Get used to it sucker.

WhileTheChief..
09-02-2018, 07:24 AM

You want someone punished for what they did on the football pitch 30+ years ago??!

green day
09-02-2018, 07:32 AM
While I think Levein has made a plum of himself with the comments re Brown - against the backdrop of his teams disciplinary record - its a bit silly to ask for sanctions against him about getting deliberate bookings during his career !

I would wager that hundreds of professional footballers have taken a tactical booking at some point for exactly the reasons Levein levelled at Broony.

Its also impossible to prove.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2018, 07:33 AM
You want someone punished for what they did on the football pitch 30+ years ago??!

Can you imagine the uproar on here if one of them suggested retrospective punishment on a similar note for one of ours.

Heisenberg
09-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Chris Dagnall has won more in Scottish football than Levein. Just let that sink in.

Iain G
09-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again, he has been involved in over 1000 matches as a player and manager in his professional career and won nothing. Nada, zip, zilch, zero winners medals. A ****ing born loser who has the cheek to criticise Neil Lennon and Scott Brown both multiple winners with more then one club. He is trying to make himself out to be some sort of genius who plays in the same style of Mario Zagallo. In fact he has more in common with Alex Miller or Bertie Aulds style. Except of course their winners medals!!

His measure of being a winner is beating Hibs, he is a classless, medal-less, loser 😁

WhileTheChief..
09-02-2018, 07:42 AM
Can you imagine the uproar on here if one of them suggested retrospective punishment on a similar note for one of ours.

Exactly.

Must be a social media thing. We see a lot of folk wanting things reported to the authorities or the compliance officer etc.

Back in the day it was frowned upon to be a grass or a klype (spelling?), now it’s socially acceptable and even encouraged!

09-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Levein hasn't done himself any favours because he will now have to be careful how he or his players play the system if he wants to avoid accusations.

It will be interesting to see what happens if someone appears to get a deliberate booking and the opponent is injured in the process.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Back in the day it was frowned upon to be a grass or a klype (spelling?), now it’s socially acceptable and even encouraged!

This generation seem to queue up to grass on people....in my day you would have got bricks through your window and the jaw ripped off you