PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for Saturday

Souter96Mac
01-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Again I'm buzzing for the next Hibs game, really hated the winter break so I'm glad we're back in the thick of it league wise. Great win last night, but another tough game away to Sevco coming up quick. Will there be an unchanged team? Or will Allan be given the nod against his boyhood heroes? Hope McGregor is fit for it, but at least we can shift Efe over and bring in Rherras. I think, as I've seen other posters already say, anything from the game will be a bonus. I think we have the ability to win the game, but they have strengthened well and will be tough. My head says a narrow defeat, but hope we can grab a point at least. What's everyone else's thoughts?

GreenOnions
01-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Again I'm buzzing for the next Hibs game, really hated the winter break so I'm glad we're back in the thick of it league wise. Great win last night, but another tough game away to Sevco coming up quick. Will there be an unchanged team? Or will Allan be given the nod against his boyhood heroes? Hope McGregor is fit for it, but at least we can shift Efe over and bring in Rherras. I think, as I've seen other posters already say, anything from the game will be a bonus. I think we have the ability to win the game, but they have strengthened well and will be tough. My head says a narrow defeat, but hope we can grab a point at least. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Not sure I'd put Rherras in - although he didn't have much defending to do on his side last night he looked pretty rusty to me. The Rangers will have Murphy and maybe Windass on the left.

It's maybe a game for Efe, Daz and Hanlon as a three with Stevenson and Boyle wingbacks. McGeouch, McGinn and Bartley in the middle (assuming Slivka is injured) with Barker playing on the left off Kamberi.

If McGregor isn't fit I'd put in Porteous.

That gives us some steel and some pace. Not quite so much guile without Slivka but maybe an opportunity to bring on the likes of Swanson or Allan if he's fit later on.

murray26
01-02-2018, 01:59 PM
This games a bit of a free hit for us now thanks to the 6 points collected against Dundee and Motherwell and I fancy us to acquit ourselves well and come away with a point.. there’s a better balance to our squad now and I feel confident about Saturday and the rest of the season.

CMurdoch
01-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Not sure I'd put Rherras in - although he didn't have much defending to do on his side last night he looked pretty rusty to me. The Rangers will have Murphy and maybe Windass on the left.

It's maybe a game for Efe, Daz and Hanlon as a three with Stevenson and Boyle wingbacks. McGeouch, McGinn and Bartley in the middle (assuming Slivka is injured) with Barker playing on the left off Kamberi.

That gives us some steel and some pace. Not quite so much guile without Slivka but maybe an opportunity to bring on the likes of Swanson or Allan if he's fit later on.

Thought Rherras was well off it last night.
Looked a bit lost and made a few bad passes (and an appalling shot).
Would prefer Porteous if Daz doesn't make it.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Nothing to fear from the Govan tramps imo. Played them off the park not long ago before shooting ourselves in the foot. We should be going there looking to take 3 points home again.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Looking forward to the game after last nights performance.
More confident that we are more than capable of getting something out of the game, but we need to cut out the mistakes, that have been costing us lately

Vini1875
01-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Think it will be a tough game but we are capable of getting a win.

JohnMcM
01-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Gut feeling for 2-2.

Jones28
01-02-2018, 02:52 PM
No doubt it will be a tough game, especially the run of games we're on. Rangers have recruited well and Murty seems to have turned a corner. Confident we can get something from the game however, if we get the formation and team correct.

IGRIGI
01-02-2018, 02:52 PM
All depends on how our defence fairs, I hope they've got their mistakes out their system.

Oscar T Grouch
01-02-2018, 02:54 PM
The huns have made a few good signings and are on a bit of a run. But having said that I still don't think they are very good. They are there for the taking and I hope we set up with an attacking formation. It won't be easy but we can take all three points from them. The huns still have a certain aura about them for teams like Fraserburgh and Aberdeen, but we love the flea pit that is ibrox, we love winning there, we've skelped them there so many times it's almost embarrassing for them. How many teams can answer the question, "remember that time we humped the huns 0-3 at ibrox"? with "which one"? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 03:08 PM
They have recruited well and have put a decent squad together. It will be a difficult game and our defence still concerns me a bit especially if McGregor doesn't make it. Although we certainly have the players to hurt them going forward.

I think it will be a tight game just like the two previous games this season.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2018, 04:42 PM
I got the sense in the second 45 minutes last night that we had run out of steam a wee bit, which isn't that surprising given the tough schedule we have had. After Saturday we have two weeks to recuperate before we play Aberdeen so the players know they can give every ounce of effort in this game and wont be playing again for a fortnight.

One thing this Hibs team don't do, even at Celtic park, is come out looking to park the bus for 90 minutes. There's no doubt the Huns have recruited pretty well and given how they played at Celtic a few weeks ago they have clearly improved. You don't beat Aberdeen 3 - 0 unless you are capable of a decent performance, even if the Sheep are clearly flat track bullies and crap it every time they play the Uglies.

Our best chance in this game is to come out and go toe to toe with them .... we are good enough to beat them home or away, they know it and more importantly we know it.

ancient hibee
01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
No doubt it will be a tough game, especially the run of games we're on. Rangers have recruited well and Murty seems to have turned a corner. Confident we can get something from the game however, if we get the formation and team correct.
I wonder if he owes his position to us throwing away the game against them.Had he lost that and by a few he possibly wouldn’t have got the job.

18Hibee75
01-02-2018, 04:57 PM

That gives us some steel and some pace. Not quite so much guile without Slivka but maybe an opportunity to bring on the likes of Swanson or Allan if he's fit later on.Exactly how I'd play the team.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Thought Rherras was well off it last night.
Looked a bit lost and made a few bad passes (and an appalling shot).
Would prefer Porteous if Daz doesn't make it.At least he tried to have a shot...instead of passing it sideways as our full backs normally do. Granted he looked rusty but the comment about the shot is a tad harsh mate...it was no worse than SJMs wayward shot in 1st half

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk