PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Rangers, Always Cheating

andybev1
01-02-2018, 04:51 AM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/1405084/rangers-fans-turned-away-2/

Fake tickets used to get into Fraserburgh match.

Fraserburgh FC refused entry to dozens of supporters at Bellslea Park before the start of the match after it emerged the ground had reached full capacity.
It meant disappointment for more than 100 Rangers fans who had travelled to the port to cheer on their Ibrox heroes.

Rangers were issued 350 tickets for their fourth round encounter with the Press and Journal Highland League outfit.
But around 20 minutes into the match the Broch tweeted a statement that said their home ground had reached its capacity for the game.
The Twitter post said: “The capacity of the stadium is now full and we believe this is due to a number of counterfeit tickets in the away end.
“No further persons can be admitted.
“The club will hold an investigation and further details will be advised.”
One disappointed supporter, Brian Robertson, said he left Glasgow at lunchtime yesterday to make sure he would arrive in Fraserburgh with plenty of time to spare only to be locked out.
He said: “They just said the stadium was full and they weren’t letting anybody in and I have a genuine ticket.
“It came from Rangers and it is a £17 ticket and they said no you just have to leave.
“We didn’t want to cause any problems so we just left. I was at the turnstile and they said to me no more fans were getting in it is far too busy.
“There were a lot of forgeries, a few hundred I think. I believe they have all gone in a bit earlier than us.”
And Scott Dunn was part of a group of supporters who also made the journey from the west.
He said: “Seven of us drove up here and only six of us got in.
“My ticket has the hologram on it and the steward looked on the sheet and someone had struck off 322. He said ‘someone has already been in with your ticket’.”
After the full time whistle, Fraserburgh’s matchday secretary Mark Simpson advised supporters refused entry to contact the club if they had genuine tickets.
He said: “The full capacity in the away end was 350.

“There were 150 people locked outside the ground due to either having no ticket or forgeries.
“Anyone with a valid ticket can claim at the club, and the club will be investigating the tickets.”
Club chairman Finlay Noble refused to comment until after the investigation has concluded.
Meanwhile, Fraserburgh fans told of their pride in their players despite their Scottish Cup defeat.
Mark Cowie’s side went down 3-0 last night with Rangers’ Dean Windass scoring a hat trick.
But Broch supporters streaming out of Bellslea Park after the match insisted the squad of part-timers did their very best against a team challenger at the higher reaches of Scottish football.
Colin Norrie was one of those who has been reflecting on what has been the Highland League side’s biggest game in decades.

fat freddy
01-02-2018, 05:23 AM
Typical Huns, they even cheat their own. I hope those that missed the game had a thouroughly miserable evening. The guy from the group of 7 who had to wait outside for his 6 mates must have got ripped to death on the journey back down the road. 10 hour round trip to sit in a car for 90 minutes. Gave me a chuckle

Oscar T Grouch
01-02-2018, 05:30 AM
Imagine buying a forged ticket knowing you’d be denying a fellow fan who bought a legitimate ticket entry to a game that was 4/5 hours travel away! That takes a speacial sort of sc(_)mbag, unluckily for the huns they have loads of them in their support.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2018, 05:33 AM
Kick them out the cup

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 08:56 AM
I would normally have sympathy for any fans who find themselves in this situation however since it's them I'll just laugh. :faf:

They only have each other to blame. Imagine going to the trouble of getting a forged ticket to watch your team play Fraserburgh on a Wednesday night in January!

Hibs Class
01-02-2018, 09:19 AM
It's only what we'd expect of them.

Was also amused by Murty's comments re Morelos and the supposed interest from China. Murty suggesting Morelos is merely confused and the bid is only designed to unsettle and confuse. Maybe we should try to get #prayforalfredo and #handitin trending?

KWJ
01-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Screwed themselves over. ********s.

hibbyfraelibby
01-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Good call by Fraserburgh to just shut the gates once the capacity was reached. The only wsy these tickets were forged must have been because someone used a colour copier to copy an original. It was either the original ticket holder or someone on the inside at The Rangers as they all appeared to have a serial number. About time someone stood up to these crooks.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Good call by Fraserburgh to just shut the gates once the capacity was reached. The only wsy these tickets were forged must have been because someone used a colour copier to copy an original. It was either the original ticket holder or someone on the inside at The Rangers as they all appeared to have a serial number. About time someone stood up to these crooks.
And I’m presuming Fraserburgh don’t have scanners, so forgery didn’t have to be 100% accurate
Probably handed to a steward who let you in

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2018, 09:47 AM
****my Rangers fans trying to do an honest club out of money. Sums that lot up.

Arch Stanton
01-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Typical Huns, they even cheat their own. I hope those that missed the game had a thouroughly miserable evening. The guy from the group of 7 who had to wait outside for his 6 mates must have got ripped to death on the journey back down the road. 10 hour round trip to sit in a car for 90 minutes. Gave me a chuckle

Since his ticket had already been ticked off I can only guess that it was his ticket that was copied for the forgeries. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-02-2018, 09:57 AM
So they don't just shaft creditors they do it to their own.

Hunnish behaviour.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
01-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Half of them probably live in and around Fraserburgh as well.

CMurdoch
01-02-2018, 01:52 PM

:top marks

Iggy Pope
01-02-2018, 01:55 PM

:greengrin
Warm glow.

Springbank
01-02-2018, 02:00 PM

Interviewer : how far have you travelled to watch The Rangers today?

Ted: I'm aboot 4 and a half minutes walk away

Interviewer: oh you're local. You must have been to this ground plenty of times before then?

Ted: naw mate it's my first time. Scottish football's finished it's all aboot The Rangers an that, naw?

O'Rourke3
01-02-2018, 11:23 PM
Interestingly Fraserburgh said theyd refund genuine tickets.The Rangers will know who got the 350 tickets. A small enquiry ought to be taking place now with their own STH. Forgeries at Hearts last year too. I wonder how few were in both ballots...