PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

Perd Hapley
01-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Not seen a thread for the Carrot-top Assassin yet so here goes:

Cheerio for now Simon Murray, may we remember you for scoring more yet. :bye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuX4gsCHiF8

Admins: something went wrong with the title...

Hi Heid Yin
01-02-2018, 01:02 AM
I was disappointed when I heard Simon Murray was going out on loan, especially after releasing Stokes. I've never in my 50 years of supporting Hibs seen our two top scorers depart simultaneously in the transfer window.
This said, our new Swiss guy has got off to a flyer and Barker has finally added a goal to his repertoire. We are still waiting for McClaren to get up to speed and to deliver, whilst Shaw has proved himself more than adequate up front with his goals, and if Swanson can get a run and reproduce his St. Johnstone form, with goals to boot, and Boyle continues his rich vein of form, and our midfielders and central defenders can chip in with the odd goal or two, we might not actually miss Murray or Stokes.
It has indeed been a strange but exciting transfer window, to say the least.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Girls don’t like peh

Baader
01-02-2018, 02:13 AM
Sad to see him go as I liked Murray. Seeing as he has been allowed to leave after Stokes being emptied I would doubt he has much of a future with us. Wish him all the best. Onwards and upwards for the mighty Hibees!

Perd Hapley
01-02-2018, 02:20 AM
It's a loan deal though, no? The way I see it, if the new crop of strikers settle and Murray is surplus to requirements, then hopefully making the switch permanent will suit all parties. On the other hand if we need to reinforce up front in the summer then we still have him under contract and we know what we're getting from him - even better if he kicks on at Dundee and comes back hungry.

Was as taken aback with today's activity as anyone but the more I think about it the more pleased I am. Here's hoping the new signings live up to their billing - on tonight's evidence we look to be in good hands.

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 02:32 AM
He was taken to young

judas
01-02-2018, 05:47 AM
I think we may regret this. Top two scorers gone (one quite rightly) in one window - not good.

I would also submit the view (stay calm everyone) that new boy Kamberi will not fit the bill over the piece.

Overall,im not chuffed at all with this Januarys business.

The good news, is that my predictions are often wrong.

1two
01-02-2018, 06:08 AM
I think we may regret this. Top two scorers gone (one quite rightly) in one window - not good.

I would also submit the view (stay calm everyone) that new boy Kamberi will not fit the bill over the piece.

Ok I’ll bite
I agree on Murray, I think he should have stayed especially given our lack of striker options. But to say Kamberi won’t fit after the shift he’s just put in and scored is negativity for the sakes of negativity.

bigwheel
01-02-2018, 06:56 AM

I think Kamberi looks a better fit than Murray...mainly because he can hold up the ball, and link play...which Murray simply couldn't do..but the real question is Murray or Allan? Who would you prefer...because that is why he is away. That was the deal available. Lennon had to sacrifice him to get Allan from Dundee. And he has chosen to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
01-02-2018, 07:23 AM
I wish him well at Dens Park and hope he comes back for next season. There's a player in there but his self confidence has been destroyed (in the same vein as Danny Swanston)

wookie70
01-02-2018, 07:25 AM
I'd rather he stayed but he has looked out of sorts for a while. I can see the sense in the move if the new strikers are better. Time will tell on that.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Hope he starts every week and bangs them in for the Dee

MB62
01-02-2018, 07:37 AM
I think Kamberi looks a better fit than Murray...mainly because he can hold up the ball, and link play...which Murray simply couldn't do but the real question is Murray or Allan? Who would you prefer...because that is why he is away. That was the deal available. Lennon had to sacrifice him to get Allan from Dundee. And he has chosen to do so.

I think this is a big gamble by NL and only time will tell. I liked Simon, but he did flatter to deceive at times, I would have still stuck with him though.
Scott Allan worries me a bit in as much as we have got shot of one player whose attitude was rank rotten and I wonder if we have just signed another? There's absolutely NO DOUBT that the man is a class fitba player and if he applies himself to the game, he can be a superstar for us.
I don't know where this signing leaves Danny Swanson though as we now seem to have an abundance of midfield players.

ian cruise
01-02-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm glad it's only a loan, hope he can come back in the summer and give Neil a reason to keep him in the first team. A fair bit of potential but not the finished article and as Stokes didn't work out we can't afford to play him hoping it's one of his good games.

One Day
01-02-2018, 07:46 AM
good luck to him, wish it had worked out better for him. Started so well

hibsbollah
01-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Sad that his last action for the mighty Cabbage was to don a judge's wig for a promotional photo shoot for our new 'legal partner'. His ginger hair was poking through under the wig, all a bit amateur hour, not the way he would have liked to be remembered I'm sure.

bigwheel
01-02-2018, 07:59 AM
I think this is a big gamble by NL and only time will tell. I liked Simon, but he did flatter to deceive at times, I would have still stuck with him though.
Scott Allan worries me a bit in as much as we have got shot of one player whose attitude was rank rotten and I wonder if we have just signed another? There's absolutely NO DOUBT that the man is a class fitba player and if he applies himself to the game, he can be a superstar for us.
I don't know where this signing leaves Danny Swanson though as we now seem to have an abundance of midfield players.

I don't think it's a gamble. I don't really see any attitude issues from Allan. I agree with your point on Swanson though. Will further limit his very rare chances. Lennon doesn't seem to fancy him anymore. Same with Murray - Both players he signed. He seems fairly ruthless.

Iain G
01-02-2018, 08:00 AM
I think Kamberi looks a better fit than Murray...mainly because he can hold up the ball, and link play...which Murray simply couldn't do..but the real question is Murray or Allan? Who would you prefer...because that is why he is away. That was the deal available. Lennon had to sacrifice him to get Allan from Dundee. And he has chosen to do so.

Murray for me, he has shown he can score goals and we are now in my opinion light in depth up front. Not overly enthused about Allan being back and not convinced he is the answer to our ability to kill off teams and score more goals.

bigwheel
01-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Murray for me, he has shown he can score goals and we are now in my opinion light in depth up front. Not overly enthused about Allan being back and not convinced he is the answer to our ability to kill off teams and score more goals.

I'm the other way. Murray hasn't scored since early November. Don't think he is good enough to be our main striker tbh. Allan could be the missing link from midfield to attack, if he gets his head down and performs..

Ryan69
01-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Think its a good move for Murray and Hibs personally.

At the moment...we cant guarantee 90mins a week,and Dundee will.
Hes very raw too.

Hopefully he bangs some goals in there....then ready to score more at ER next season.

GreenCastle
01-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Always welcome back at ER.

Really started well at Hibs but dropped off recently as he was in and out team. Needs a run of games and wish him all the best.

BSEJVT
01-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Simon is a great guy happy to be at the club and a willing worker and not someone I would be unhappy to see remain at ER but unfortunately he is nowhere near the quality we require if we want to push on.

There is no doubt he became less and less effective as the season progressed and his recent displays were completely ineffectual.

I doubt he has the guile, awareness, finishing ability or control to hold down a starting berth at centre forward for any SPL side.

FWIW I might have been tempted to play him in a wide role but Boyle and Barker's form has ruled that out.

As I say wont be unhappy if he comes back as a squad player but we need far far better for 2 main striking positions.

The fact that Simon has slipped far below Oli Shaw at this early stage of Oli's development says it all

Good luck at Dundee Simon, prove me wrong

hibsbollah
01-02-2018, 08:12 AM
I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, that heidthebaw Steven Craigen on bt sports in particular seems to have it in for him. If you didn't watch the games but just listened to the pundits you'd think Dundee have just signed the world's biggest huddy instead of our best striker for reasonable chunks of the season.

Tornadoes70
01-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Good luck Simon!

Great attitude and can certainly find the back of the net. Hope you return challenging for the first team in due course.

mon the cabbage!!!

Stewboy
01-02-2018, 08:17 AM

We have seriously lacked a player this season with a killer pass, if getting that player meant Murray had to go in the other direction, then that is maybe just a sacrifice worth making.

kevo1875
01-02-2018, 08:17 AM
The fact hibs and dundee were trying to arrange a transfer fee suggests he possibly won't be back ... if that's the case then thank u Simon and good luck

scoopyboy
01-02-2018, 08:18 AM
I was disappointed when I heard Simon Murray was going out on loan, especially after releasing Stokes. I've never in my 50 years of supporting Hibs seen our two top scorers depart simultaneously in the transfer window.
This said, our new Swiss guy has got off to a flyer and Barker has finally added a goal to his repertoire. We are still waiting for McClaren to get up to speed and to deliver, whilst Shaw has proved himself more than adequate up front with his goals, and if Swanson can get a run and reproduce his St. Johnstone form, with goals to boot, and Boyle continues his rich vein of form, and our midfielders and central defenders can chip in with the odd goal or two, we might not actually miss Murray or Stokes.
It has indeed been a strange but exciting transfer window, to say the least.

Not surprising really, the transfer window wasn't operational for the vast majority of your 50 years supporting Hibs.:greengrin

Get your point though.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2018, 08:36 AM
I like Murray a lot, but this is a good situation for Hibs - if he goes to Dundee and becomes a better SPL player and scores goals, then we get back a better player and either keep him or sell him. If he goes there and makes no impact, then we know he's not cut out for the top league.

My only guess is that Lennon felt that he wasn't improving quickly enough, and with more limited game time for us on the horizon, the move made sense. I know it was just one game but you could see what Kamberi had to offer last night - a tireless worker, who held the ball up and led the line well, brought others into play and was a physical match for the centre halfs, very mobile too. And obviously he can finish. I think Lennon was hoping that Murray and big Davie would provide those attributes between them, but but fingers crossed we have them all in one player.

Kamberi seems perfect for having Boyle and Barker either side of him.

Jones28
01-02-2018, 08:38 AM
I like him but he's not a lone striker, he doesn't hold the ball up well enough for me.

18Hibee75
01-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Would've been gutted if it wasn't a loan, as there's certainly a player in there that can score goals. However I just don't think he suited our system, the way we played a 4-3-3 with him up front by himself saw him play a role he wasn't familiar with. Think the 3-5-2 suited him really well and where we would've seen the best Murray imo.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
01-02-2018, 08:48 AM
All three strikers we signed in the summer gone within six months. Not good reading.

Kamberi looked good last night but in six months time we're just left with Oli Shaw and the man we pointed out on loan again. We need to have targets in place now.

Albanian Hibs
01-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Hope he starts every week and bangs them in for the Dee

Apart from against us, obviously

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 08:50 AM
I think Lennon saw him when we played them and in other matches and thought he could be a diamond in the rough due to his excellent attitude.

He was absolutely well worth a punt at the money it probably cost and perhaps it hasn't been all Lennon hoped but perhaps that diamond is in there. Its a shame one or 2 others didn't share his attitude while at Hibs. He always gave it his all and its hard to criticise him.

Hope to see you back.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Good move. SM has slipped below Olly Shaw and we should be celebrating Olly’s emergence rather than Simon’s supposed demise. Make no mistake, if he rattles then in at Dundee he’ll be back at ER.

But I’m seeing this as s sign of how highly NL rates Shaw while wishing to give SM game time.,

hibsbollah
01-02-2018, 08:55 AM
All three strikers we signed in the summer gone within six months. Not good reading.

Kamberi looked good last night but in six months time we're just left with Oli Shaw and the man we pointed out on loan again. We need to have targets in place now.

That's partly because Shaw has surpassed all expectations. We're in a better place now than we were prior to the window in the striker department. All is relatively barry.

hibee_girl
01-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Apart from against us, obviously

Doubt he’ll be allowed to play against us

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 09:19 AM
That's partly because Shaw has surpassed all expectations. We're in a better place now than we were prior to the window in the striker department. All is relatively barry.

I'm not so sure really. We literally do not know how Maclaren is going to fit in as he hasn't played enough yet. Kamberi looked good last night and it's a really promising start but we have to be honest at the moment and say that we cannot properly judge him either.

It wouldn't be fair to write someone off after a poor 90 minutes so i'm not going to say that he's going to be a success after a good 90 minutes last night.

Stokes and Murray scored 13 league goals between them in a combined total of 40 matches this season which is a decent return. It remains to be seen if Maclaren and Kamberi can give us a similar return for the remainder of the season and compliment what Oli Shaw gives us.

hibsbollah
01-02-2018, 09:24 AM
I'm not so sure really. We literally do not know how Maclaren is going to fit in as he hasn't played enough yet. Kamberi looked good last night and it's a really promising start but we have to be honest at the moment and say that we cannot properly judge him either.

It wouldn't be fair to write someone off after a poor 90 minutes so i'm not going to say that he's going to be a success after a good 90 minutes last night.

Stokes and Murray scored 13 league goals between them in a combined total of 40 matches this season which is a decent return. It remains to be seen if Maclaren and Kamberi can give us a similar return for the remainder of the season and compliment what Oli Shaw gives us.

There's no guarantee the two new attackers will be a success, I agree, but just on the balance of probability based on what we've seen so far and their pedigree in other leagues, I'm more optimistic than I was.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm the other way. Murray hasn't scored since early November. Don't think he is good enough to be our main striker tbh. Allan could be the missing link from midfield to attack, if he gets his head down and performs..Glad it's not just me that thinks this about Murray...just not good enough for where we want to be. Very likeable player, honest as the day is long but lacks a bit of composure when needed. I wish him well at Dumpdee but not that sorry to see him move on the

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 10:21 AM

Kamberi looked good last night but in six months time we're just left with Oli Shaw and the man we pointed out on loan again. We need to have targets in place now.Kamberi is with a view to a permanent so if he continues to impress he will probably stay on...no need to panic mate far easier to sign quality in summer than the Jan window. Neither stokes or Murray have been good enough for varying reasons this season so something had to give

mjhibby
01-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Don't you think he has guys in mind. January signings are usually ones to give the team a wee push on. Summer signings is where the permanent deals are done.

Northernhibee
01-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Don't you think he has guys in mind. January signings are usually ones to give the team a wee push on. Summer signings is where the permanent deals are done.

That's my concern, is that our summer targets just passed in terms of strikers are all away. What do we do differently this summer window coming that we failed to do in the previous summer window?

ferry hibby
01-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Doubt he’ll be allowed to play against us

Just wondering if celtic have put the same limitation on Allen when we play them

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Just wondering if celtic have put the same limitation on Allen when we play them

He didn't play for Dundee against Celtic earlier in the season so I don't see it being any different with us.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2018, 10:48 AM

Only got one game left against them
Wonder what rules apply for Bain? On loan from Hibs or Dundee?

G B Young
01-02-2018, 10:57 AM
I like Murray too. A grounded guy with a trade behind him and a wholehearted approach to the game. He did well for us by and large and that derby goal is one you could never tire of watching. I imagine he'll be an improved player after six months working with Lennon.

He does look like a Dundee player of 1980s vintage though, so hopefully he'll fit in well at Dens.

Diclonius
01-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Looking forward to him coming back.

G B Young
01-02-2018, 11:03 AM

I don't recall Allan's attitude ever being rank rotten on the pitch for Hibs, even when he'd put in a transfer request. Pretty sure he scored in his final game for us and he was consistently excellent during his only full season. You couldn't say the same for Stokes.

What disappointed me about Allan was his haste to want away as soon as he got wind of interest from Glasgow after Hibs had basically resurrected his career. But how many footballers REALLY care for the club they play for? Not as many as we'd like to think. For most their career comes first ever time and I hope that perhaps the way Allan's move to Celtic panned out he may have had cause to rethink what's best for him.

overdrive
01-02-2018, 11:17 AM

I’m pretty sure it is in the rules of the league (and cups) now that loan players can’t play against the parent club. It prevents the awkward scenario we had when we forgot to include the clause in Callum Booth’s loan contract with Raith and he ended up helping to knock us out the Cup.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Only got one game left against them
Wonder what rules apply for Bain? On loan from Hibs or Dundee?

He's on loan to Celtic from Dundee. His loan deal with us has been cancelled.

KWJ
01-02-2018, 11:40 AM
I like Murray a lot, but this is a good situation for Hibs - if he goes to Dundee and becomes a better SPL player and scores goals, then we get back a better player and either keep him or sell him. If he goes there and makes no impact, then we know he's not cut out for the top league.

My only guess is that Lennon felt that he wasn't improving quickly enough, and with more limited game time for us on the horizon, the move made sense. I know it was just one game but you could see what Kamberi had to offer last night - a tireless worker, who held the ball up and led the line well, brought others into play and was a physical match for the centre halfs, very mobile too. And obviously he can finish. I think Lennon was hoping that Murray and big Davie would provide those attributes between them, but but fingers crossed we have them all in one player.

Kamberi seems perfect for having Boyle and Barker either side of him.

This.

Plus MacLaren and Shaw deserve game time too and although MacLaren's only on loan I'd say both have a much higher ceiling than Murray and shouldn't be stifled.

Lago
01-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Glad it's not just me that thinks this about Murray...just not good enough for where we want to be. Very likeable player, honest as the day is long but lacks a bit of composure when needed. I wish him well at Dumpdee but not that sorry to see him move on the

Almost certainly back at Hibs after his loan spell as Lennon rates him.

MyJo
01-02-2018, 11:47 AM
He is only on loan.

Our squad is in desperate need of a quality attacking midfielder and Dundee weren't just going to accept anybody in return for allowing Allan to move.

Murray will benefit from getting more games with Dundee for the rest of the season than he will have been getting for us and will be part of our squad for next season hopefully.

worcesterhibby
01-02-2018, 11:49 AM
how many footballers REALLY care for the club they play for?

Liam Fontaine for one, and yet we told him to bolt as soon as he fell down the pecking order, despite having a fantastic attitude, being a cup winning hero and having served us very well. The only people who really show loyalty in football are fans.

MyJo
01-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Liam Fontaine for one, and yet we told him to bolt as soon as he fell down the pecking order, despite having a fantastic attitude, being a cup winning hero and having served us very well. The only people who really show loyalty in football are fans.

Given the fact he immediately signed for Ross County after we released him its more likely that Fontaine realised he wasn't going to be getting as much game time with us and decided to move on and we have released him to smooth the process and allow him to kick on with his career at Ross County rather than keeping him under contract for the rest of the season or pricing Ross county out of signing him by demanding a transfer fee.

Allant1981
01-02-2018, 12:03 PM

or he wanted to play first team football rather than sitting in the stand or on the bench

judas
01-02-2018, 12:47 PM
We have seriously lacked a player this season with a killer pass, if getting that player meant Murray had to go in the other direction, then that is maybe just a sacrifice worth making.

For me, we have two players (maybe 3) who can make that pass Mcgeough and Swanson. What we need is a player who can get us 10-12 goals a season from midfield and that's not Allan, in my view.

ancient hibee
01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
For me, we have two players (maybe 3) who can make that pass Mcgeough and Swanson. What we need is a player who can get us 10-12 goals a season from midfield and that's not Allan, in my view.
And it’s certainly not McGeouch.

heretoday
01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
He's on loan to Celtic from Dundee. His loan deal with us has been cancelled.

And so he's.......................A WITCH!!!

MacGruber
01-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Why did we turn down a six figure bid then couple of weeks later loan out? Did the club accept the bid. Did Murray say no.

He's scored 14 goals this season. I like him and hope he is still part of the plans going forward next year

ancient hibee
01-02-2018, 01:24 PM
The bid was less than Hibs were prepared to sell for as was Dundee’s offer.
This is just in the Hibs tradition of selling our top scorer-Baker,Stein,McBride,O’Rourke,Gordon,Harper-a few decent players there all of whom left too soon.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2018, 02:55 PM
The bid was less than Hibs were prepared to sell for as was Dundee’s offer.
This is just in the Hibs tradition of selling our top scorer-Baker,Stein,McBride,O’Rourke,Gordon,Harper-a few decent players there all of whom left too soon.

Oh come on, jesus christ thats amateur dramatic hour at its best. Murray Couldn't lace their boots, christ he's an average player who's fallen behind Ollie Shaw in the pecking order.

We've also signed McLaren and big Flo, who the manager fancies more than Murray.

He took a punt on him, but he's not bothered about letting him go, neither am i.

Peevemor
01-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Why did we turn down a six figure bid then couple of weeks later loan out? Did the club accept the bid. Did Murray say no.

He's scored 14 goals this season. I like him and hope he is still part of the plans going forward next year

I think that may be what happened. Murray didn't want to go in any case and you can't force a player to sign for another club.

The Harp
01-02-2018, 03:18 PM

I'm with you. Like the laddie a lot and hope this loan period is beneficial to him and the Club and he comes back to us rejuvenated.

ancient hibee
01-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Oh come on, jesus christ thats amateur dramatic hour at its best. Murray Couldn't lace their boots, christ he's an average player who's fallen behind Ollie Shaw in the pecking order.

We've also signed McLaren and big Flo, who the manager fancies more than Murray.

He took a punt on him, but he's not bothered about letting him go, neither am i.
You’ve totally missed my point which was not comparing Murray to other players but pointing out how often Hibs have sold top scorers.Thanks for letting me know that he is not as good as they were though as I actually saw them all play I may have been able to work that out for myself eventually.As to amateur dramatics I bow to your clearly greater experience.

Captain Trips
01-02-2018, 04:08 PM
You’ve totally missed my point which was not comparing Murray to other players but pointing out how often Hibs have sold top scorers.Thanks for letting me know that he is not as good as they were though as I actually saw them all play I may have been able to work that out for myself eventually.As to amateur dramatics I bow to your clearly greater experience.

I see what you mean but somebody has to be the top scorer at every club. He maybe top scorer but he hasn't scored enough.

JimBHibees
01-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Totally agree hardly the same as selling Joe Baker or Colin Stein.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2018, 04:25 PM
hopefully see simon back at ER for the start of next season

can't risk losing yet another song

ancient hibee
01-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Totally agree hardly the same as selling Joe Baker or Colin Stein.
If you totally agree then you also misunderstood my post.

Black Kyle
01-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Don’t understand. Our marquee summer signing out after 6 months after topping the scoring charts earlier in the season then losing his place. Confused dot com.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Don’t understand. Our marquee summer signing out after 6 months after topping the scoring charts earlier in the season then losing his place. Confused dot com.It's a statement of in tent.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
01-02-2018, 06:13 PM
We took a punt and he did quite well but overall his quality is just short of what we need.
Thanks for the goals and all your effort which can never be faulted. I wish Simon all the very best.

Hi Heid Yin
01-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Not surprising really, the transfer window wasn't operational for the vast majority of your 50 years supporting Hibs.:greengrin

Get your point though.

:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Nothing against the boy but I thought that we looked better up front last night with Kamberi.

Hi Heid Yin
01-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Given the fact he immediately signed for Ross County after we released him its more likely that Fontaine realised he wasn't going to be getting as much game time with us and decided to move on and we have released him to smooth the process and allow him to kick on with his career at Ross County rather than keeping him under contract for the rest of the season or pricing Ross county out of signing him by demanding a transfer fee.

Few!, thank goodness for the full stop at the end of your sentence.
:wink:

murray26
01-02-2018, 06:34 PM

I think everyone sees your point it’s just a really bad example..

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Well i actually guessed you might know he was nowhere near as good as those players you mentioned, although falling behind Ollie Shaw in the pecking order and us signing 2 other forwards could if you were that way of thinking, come to the conclusion we don't really need him or his sporadic goalscoring.

As for being our top scorer, he's hardly scored goals like those you mentioned, or even kept a place in the team, so yes i did compare them, and no i don't think it compares anywhere near selling those players to selling him.

judas
01-02-2018, 07:19 PM
It's a statement of in tent.

Sounds a bit camp to me.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Didn’t realise Simon grew up a Dundee fan, so maybe be it’s a boyhood dream to play for them
Neil Mcann said yesterday, cut him open and he’ll bleed blue blood😄

houstonhibbee
02-02-2018, 10:34 AM
We didn't sell him and we didn't just let him go - he was sacrificed in order to get what we all hope is the missing link - an attacking midfielder who can make incisive passes and create goal scoring opportunities. I think it's a great piece of business and we have potentially replaced Murray with better options up front. And we get him back at the end of the season

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Your right i didnt see the comparison.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Optimistic post: The Swiss guy turns out to be brilliant, the Aussie boy is a goal machine, Olly Shaw develops into a top class striker, Simon Nurray sets the heather on fire at Dundee and is recalled in the summer.

Any of those outcomes is possible. Granted all four are unlikely, but until they don’t happen i’ll live in hope of them doing so.

CMurdoch
02-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Pearls before swine :wink:

Gregor
02-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Sounds a bit camp to me.

Agreed. Folk getting into a flap about some guy roped into going on loan to get game time.

jacomo
02-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Optimistic post: The Swiss guy turns out to be brilliant, the Aussie boy is a goal machine, Olly Shaw develops into a top class striker, Simon Nurray sets the heather on fire at Dundee and is recalled in the summer.

Any of those outcomes is possible. Granted all four are unlikely, but until they don’t happen i’ll live in hope of them doing so.

5: Scott Allan is the Scottish Iniesta and sets up 100 chances per game.

6. Celtc do a Devon Loch under the weight of Brendan’s ego and we win the most unlikely league title imaginable.

7. Rod Petrie takes over Scottish football and insists Celtc pay us 10% of annual income in perpetuity as a ‘founders fee’.

8. Dave King drinks too much wine and accidentally publishes all his emails. The truth is more hideous and amusing than anyone dared think possible. In the ensuing fall out the zombies go bust again and this time stay dead.

It would be a fun season!

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM

6. Celtc do a Devon Loch under the weight of Brendan’s ego and we win the most unlikely league title imaginable.

7. Rod Petrie takes over Scottish football and insists Celtc pay us 10% of annual income in perpetuity as a ‘founders fee’.

8. Dave King drinks too much wine and accidentally publishes all his emails. The truth is more hideous and amusing than anyone dared think possible. In the ensuing fall out the zombies go bust again and this time stay dead.

Is this the "Moist" thread? :greengrin

worcesterhibby
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM

could something humiliating happen to Harry Potter please.

Springbank
02-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Hagrid (played by Darren McGregor) went to pay Harry Potter a visit late at night.

The air was putrid. "Excrementus vajazzle!" thundered Hagrid, as he enters Hogwarts (entering through a slightly-too-small turnstile after enduring a 20 minute queue on McLeod St).

Harry Potter was due to be on the pitch, but Hagrid found him in the toilet block, soiled. The stench was enough to attract the attention of Professor Albertus Kidd.

"Dens Parkus!" exclaimed the bubble-permed moustachioe'd professor.

"Hello Albertus" said Hagrid.

"Oh hiya Hagrid" replied the Kidd. "What a smell! I haven't smelled anything quite like this since, oh, 1986...is Harry Potter here?"

To be continued

worcesterhibby
02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Hagrid (played by Darren McGregor) went to pay Harry Potter a visit late at night.

The air was putrid. "Excrementus vajazzle!" thundered Hagrid, as he enters Hogwarts (entering through a slightly-too-small turnstile after enduring a 20 minute queue on McLeod St).

Harry Potter was due to be on the pitch, but Hagrid found him in the toilet block, soiled. The stench was enough to attract the attention of Professor Albertus Kidd.

"Dens Parkus!" exclaimed the bubble-permed moustachioe'd professor.

"Hello Albertus" said Hagrid.

"Oh hiya Hagrid" replied the Kidd. "What a smell! I haven't smelled anything quite like this since, oh, 1986...is Harry Potter here?"

To be continued

Just getting a ball in the napper from a full bloodied stevenson clearance that leaves him with his nose across his face would have done...but wow..very imaginative ! I can't wait for Hermione Cochrane to come in moaning about her sore shoulder !

jacomo
02-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Is this the "Moist" thread? :greengrin

Ha!

Mikey09
02-02-2018, 01:53 PM

Based on what?

jacomo
02-02-2018, 02:00 PM

After a bad night at the bookies, Levein goes home and drowns his sorrows.

Trying to lift his mood, he fires up the webcam on his laptop and heads to his favourite adult live w****** site.

But... oh no! In his drunken stupor he’s set the camera pointing at the Ann Budge wall in his man cave. All those pictures! Very compromising.

Having humiliated his boss, there is only one thing to do: he resigns as DoF, and then gets binned as manager.

He lives out the rest of his days as a disheveled jakey on McLeod St, shouting at pigeons and getting barred from shops.

GillyHibee
02-02-2018, 02:02 PM
After a bad night at the bookies, Levein goes home and drowns his sorrows.

Trying to lift his mood, he fires up the webcam on his laptop and heads to his favourite adult live w****** site.

But... oh no! In his drunken stupor he’s set the camera pointing at the Ann Budge wall in his man cave. All those pictures! Very compromising.

Having humiliated his boss, there is only one thing to do: he resigns as DoF, and then gets binned as manager.

He lives out the rest of his days as a disheveled jakey on McLeod St, shouting at pigeons and getting barred from shops.

Im sure the fud does this anyway :wink:

jacomo
02-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Im sure the fud does this anyway :wink:

No doubt.

Ps I feel guilty for hijacking this thread with this filth.

Good luck to SM on his loan spell!

RIP
03-02-2018, 11:15 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-knock-back-six-figure-11832373