PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JANUARY TRANSFER ROUND-UP

RSS Bot
01-02-2018, 12:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8384)

Spike Mandela
01-02-2018, 12:49 AM
3 strikers out 2 in. Bit short up front. Still a chance to sign released players I guess but not sure if many of a decent pedigree floating about.

Kaff
01-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Well done Hibs, I'm happy with that. January not easy window and keeping hold of our important players while making good of the Stokes situation is good enough for me. I'm saying this after seeing the performance by Kamberi who I thought was very good tonight (the way he moved reminded me of Kenny Miller although gave a stronger physical presence). Let's get European football nailled

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 12:56 AM
We should never have let Murray go. How many teams have got rid of their top scorer after 6 months?
But worse than that I’m going to have to change the bit that appears below my posts. It took me weeks to figure out how to do that, and I’ve forgotten already.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 12:56 AM
3 strikers out 2 in. Bit short up front. Still a chance to sign released players I guess but not sure if many of a decent pedigree floating about.

Yes our two highest goalscorers leaving the club isn't exactly ideal although I realise Stokes' departure wasn't for football reasons.

It does put a lot of pressure on Kamberi to perform and whilst it's a great start for him, he probably needs to keep that up every week, same with MacLaren and Shaw when called upon.

Kaff
01-02-2018, 01:07 AM
I accept the story that Jamie McLaren has a niggle since he never took part in the shooting practice before Hearts game, thought it strange at the time but after hearing of a groin strain can understand giving it a miss. Obviously strange to get a place on the bench with no real intention of being used of course. Looked lively as sub v Dundee and hoped to see him tonight but I'm thinking him and Kamberi will be a good combination, can't wait to see them tbh

Greencore
01-02-2018, 01:42 AM
hold on, where did save go?

JeMeSouviens
01-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Have we (or anybody) ever had the same player be an In and an Out in the same window? Another pioneering Hibs first I think. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Bit bemused at the Murray love in on here I really am...yes he's our top scorer but only thanks to Betfred cup group games against inferior opposition. Premiership goals after a decent start have been few and far between and he hasn't scored at all since November. And recently when he's played he's been pretty abject. Decent window and maybe a freed striker to come perhaps??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
01-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Yeah chill guys, Murray isn't our top scorer where it matters... He's second to Stokes. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Have we (or anybody) ever had the same player be an In and an Out in the same window? Another pioneering Hibs first I think. :wink:

Only other one I can remember for us which has even come close was Phil Airey who came on loan from Newcastle back in 2011 but even he made one appearance and he was here for just over a month before the loan deal was cut short.

Jim Herriot
01-02-2018, 11:32 AM

:singing:
He's here, he's there,
He never was our player,
Scotty Bain, Scotty Bain...

IWasThere2016
01-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Why use "loan" on the outgoing and not on the incoming?

Yours,

A Pedant.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I accept the story that Jamie McLaren has a niggle since he never took part in the shooting practice before Hearts game, thought it strange at the time but after hearing of a groin strain can understand giving it a miss. Obviously strange to get a place on the bench with no real intention of being used of course. Looked lively as sub v Dundee and hoped to see him tonight but I'm thinking him and Kamberi will be a good combination, can't wait to see them tbh

Lennons hand was forced a bit with last nights subs. Injuries to Slivka and McGregor probably prevented him giving Kamberi a break and sticking McLaren in. Getting Porteous on was the right call.
Doubt very much he puts players on the bench with no intention of using them.