PDA

View Full Version : 7 points.

jabis
01-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Gutted that hearts are on a massive winning streak,if only we could catch up with them.

:cb

01-02-2018, 12:24 AM
I’m struggling to remember the last time hibs were 7 up over hearts tbh.

hibby6270
01-02-2018, 12:27 AM
Natural order restored.:greengrin

jabis
01-02-2018, 12:42 AM
"8 games wi' clean sheets..........How come youse are STILL 7 points ahead ?"

Muppets....

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Aye aye, but when they get back to tynecastle they’ll be above us in no time.......... apparently

jabis
01-02-2018, 12:48 AM
Aye aye, but when they get back to tynecastle they’ll be above us in no time.......... apparently

Fouls,bookings and red card's don't count.......goals do.

If they're given.

GillyHibee
01-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Just hope we have now came into a bit of stability within the team now that the whole Stokes/Portugal saga is behind us. Will be good to see the new signings making an instant impact in the team.

Oh and keep the gap between us and the Gunts :wink:

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Fouls,bookings and red card's don't count.......goals do.

If they're given.
True they’ve always been top of the dirty *******s league.

jabis
01-02-2018, 12:58 AM

Hmmm,dirty "persons" league for the last 10 years........hearts must be up there.

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Hmmm,dirty "persons" league for the last 10 years........hearts must be up there.
Some teams try and play football and entertain the paying public and some teams are hearts.

jabis
01-02-2018, 01:13 AM
Some teams try and play football and entertain the paying public and some teams are hearts.

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2018, 01:21 AM
We didn’t play particularly great against Celtic and Motherwell but still did better than those insignificant maggots

hibbysam
01-02-2018, 01:22 AM
We’re now guaranteed to come out of another horrendous run of fixtures ahead of them. I said last week 6 points from Dundee and Motherwell was a must, and if, after the Aberdeen game, we were ahead of hearts we would pull right away as they then have a tougher run in. Hopefully pick up some points from our next two and keep the gap more than 3 points (can’t see hearts not winning both games)then we will finish at least 6 clear of them come the end of the season. Tonight was a huge result for our season.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Hearts.... that only club that can break a club clean sheet record and end up further behind Hibs

Big_Franck
01-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Hearts.... that only club that can break a club clean sheet record and end up further behind Hibs

They got a bit above their station after a number of Levein inspired 0-0 draws. They're back in their Tiny box now.

Mind the gap ya gimps.

Jack Hackett
01-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Killie and St J both have 3 games in hand over them... I can see them being caught and passed

01-02-2018, 10:07 AM

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2017

Indeed!

hibsbollah
01-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Killie and St J both have 3 games in hand over them... I can see them being caught and passed

They've got the Saints this weekend. Lose that at home and the pack are right on their tails and they will be likely to be bottom six.

If we're serious about making a run for a European place we need to be getting something from Ibrox. A big weekend for both teams.

CentreLine
01-02-2018, 10:12 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2017

Indeed!

The only surprise in there for me is that Ross County are not lower. They are certainly agricultural in the way they "play".

hibbyfraelibby
01-02-2018, 10:44 AM
That number 7 seems to plague the Yams. Remember they were also going on a run of 7 home games at the end of the year and would be above us before Christmas...just not Christmas 2017

Garymcl
01-02-2018, 10:48 AM
On the subject of red cards since the beginning of the of the spl the gunts must be top of the table for them seem to get one every 3/4 games always thought about this dirty barstewards :greengrin

Souter96Mac
01-02-2018, 10:50 AM
They've got the Saints this weekend. Lose that at home and the pack are right on their tails and they will be likely to be bottom six.

If we're serious about making a run for a European place we need to be getting something from Ibrox. A big weekend for both teams.
You're right, very big weekend. If we can avoid defeat or better then that'll be a great result. They've strengthened well so will be tough, but we can do it.

danhibees1875
01-02-2018, 11:03 AM

I'd disagree.

Going into the recent run of 5, I was focusing on wanting wins over Dundee and Motherwell. Any points from Celtic, rangers, or Aberdeen would be a bonus.

I'm expecting to only have a 1 point lead over hearts by the time we play Killie on 24/2 - it's kicking on from there and getting a good return from: Killie, Hamilton, Hearts, saints, Partick, and county that will determine if we get Europe.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 11:14 AM
I'd disagree.

Going into the recent run of 5, I was focusing on wanting wins over Dundee and Motherwell. Any points from Celtic, rangers, or Aberdeen would be a bonus.

I'm expecting to only have a 1 point lead over hearts by the time we play Killie on 24/2 - it's kicking on from there and getting a good return from: Killie, Hamilton, Hearts, saints, Partick, and county that will determine if we get Europe.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.In agreement with this too...Sat and Aberdeen at home are "free shots" for us and any points a bonus...tho certainly not beyond us. But we have a much easier run in than the Gunts so the 6 points from Dundee and Well were a must so job well done.

As an aside we think we r light on striker front - they only have laughatme and Naismith now- neither are What you would call prolific. Can see a lot of Levein inspired 0 0's coming their way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
01-02-2018, 06:23 PM
In agreement with this too...Sat and Aberdeen at home are "free shots" for us and any points a bonus...tho certainly not beyond us. But we have a much easier run in than the Gunts so the 6 points from Dundee and Well were a must so job well done.

As an aside we think we r light on striker front - they only have laughatme and Naismith now- neither are What you would call prolific. Can see a lot of Levein inspired 0 0's coming their way

I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 06:26 PM
I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.I never said they were unbeatable...I said we were more than capable of taking points off both them and Sevco. But we had to win the 2 matches against Dundee and Well and we have so to some extent the pressure is off a wee bit in next 2 league games. These type of games tend to bring out the best in us and am hopeful they will again

Aim Here
01-02-2018, 06:40 PM
On the subject of red cards since the beginning of the of the spl the gunts must be top of the table for them seem to get one every 3/4 games always thought about this dirty barstewards :greengrin

Yep; since 1994, Hearts have earned 71 red cards in 433 games in the top flight, or roughly one red card in every six games, the worst record in that timeframe. The average is about one red card in every 9.4 games. Hibs actually have a below-average record, with a red card about every 8 games or so.

Big_Franck
01-02-2018, 06:45 PM
I never said they were unbeatable...I said we were more than capable of taking points off both them and Sevco. But we had to win the 2 matches against Dundee and Well and we have so to some extent the pressure is off a wee bit in next 2 league games. These type of games tend to bring out the best in us and am hopeful they will again

Yeah, I agree. Which is why I've found it strange reading some posts over the last week or so that seem to have written off the home game against Aberdeen as if we'll be lucky to get a point. I had been lazy above and hadn't fully read your post, so apologies. I think last night was a huge point in our season though and IMO we'll now kick on and stretch away from the weirdos across the city.

California-Hibs
01-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Nah surely that can't be right? They've been on that super massive incredibly impressive unbeaten run and all those absolutely incredible clean sheets! Can't be as much as 7 points behind, surely not??

https://media.giphy.com/media/GpyS1lJXJYupG/giphy.gif

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I agree. Which is why I've found it strange reading some posts over the last week or so that seem to have written off the home game against Aberdeen as if we'll be lucky to get a point. I had been lazy above and hadn't fully read your post, so apologies. I think last night was a huge point in our season though and IMO we'll now kick on and stretch away from the weirdos across the city.Aw no worries mate...I've deffo not written it off nor Sat at Ipox either...we are more than capable of taking at least a point on Sat too

Tug Wilson
01-02-2018, 07:28 PM
A win on Saturday will pull us into the top of the table and show that we are competing for 2nd or 3rd.

Defeat would probably see us have to settle for 4th at best.

A draw leaves us still able to chase but struggling to catch any of the teams above.

Back up a win with a win against the Dons and I honestly don't see why 2nd is not a definite possibility.

Brooster
01-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Its a good lead over hearts at this stage but there's a lot of hard work to be done to finish above them and in the top 4. Just need to keep playing as we are and results will follow. Nothing to fear from Sevco and Sheep in our next 2 games. Just concentrate on ourselves......thats all we can influence.

green day
01-02-2018, 07:57 PM
In case anyone doubts what a decent job we are doing - table at the end of last season;

And the table right now:

I have little doubt right now that we will overtake St J total for last year by seasons end - only need 17 points from 13 matches to match it - the question, I guess, is how the Gorgie Galacticos will do ??

allmodcons
01-02-2018, 08:15 PM
I'd disagree.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.

Sorry, but you surely can't be serious?

Granted points against Celtic away are a bonus, but we should never be going in to a game at Sevco away or Aberdeen at home viewing points as a bonus. Both are decent sides but so are we. We're more than capable of taking points from these 2 games.

You're confident Hearts will take 6 points from St Johnstone at home and Ross County away but have little or no confidence in Hibs? Strange, very strange.

Famous Fiver
01-02-2018, 08:27 PM
One certainty. They won't ever get a 20,000 crowd into that rustbucket of a stadium no matter how successful they are.

It's all gone quiet on the triumphant biggest and best stadium front.

The Harp Awakes
01-02-2018, 08:39 PM

Indeed!

Before I looked at that league, I reckoned you could have any combination of Rangers, Hearts, Hamilton and Motherwell in the top 4 dirtiest teams. Glad to see the Jambos rock bottom though, and makes Potter's rant about Scott Brown laughable.

Jack Hackett
01-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Before I looked at that league, I reckoned you could have any combination of Rangers, Hearts, Hamilton and Motherwell in the top 4 dirtiest teams. Glad to see the Jambos rock bottom though, and makes Potter's rant about Scott Brown laughable.

I'm surprised none of those giving the gimp a platform for his little rants have highlighted these facts...

... Nah! Not really :no way:

danhibees1875
01-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but you surely can't be serious?

Granted points against Celtic away are a bonus, but we should never be going in to a game at Sevco away or Aberdeen at home viewing points as a bonus. Both are decent sides but so are we. We're more than capable of taking points from these 2 games.

You're confident Hearts will take 6 points from St Johnstone at home and Ross County away but have little or no confidence in Hibs? Strange, very strange.

I don't see how that's unreasonable - we're playing 2 teams above us in the league who beat us the last times of asking. Hearts are playing 2 teams below them (one dead bottom) who they beat the last times of asking (I think).

I imagine all 4 results there are the bookies favourite outcomes, so it's my expectation. I'll be happy should it not come true, obviously. That would give us a bigger gap going into our run of much more winnable games.

mjhibby
02-02-2018, 04:51 AM
I'm confident we'll will get points in the next two games and would you really be confident in them winning both games. The saintees game looks a nailed on draw to me and while they should beat county coyle could be gone by then and a new manager in. No point in trying to predict any games. Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 should warn anybody off taking results for granted. Irrelevant of the scores in the next couple of fixtures we will have played them and they will have them to play after that.

mjhibby
02-02-2018, 04:56 AM
One certainty. They won't ever get a 20,000 crowd into that rustbucket of a stadium no matter how successful they are.

It's all gone quiet on the triumphant biggest and best stadium front.

Just like the dons building a super new stadium when they got under 14,000 at their last league game hertz can't sell out a home Derby in the cup and were over 3,000 under their capacity in the game v well and that after beating us in the cup. There are a lot of them staying away due to the football being played under Potter and the so called extra money they would get from the new stand looks unlikely unless they get a new manager in and get to see non hoofball at the pbs.

JimBHibees
02-02-2018, 07:02 AM
I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.

Totally agree that is a game we need to win. Need to put the back in their pen. :greengrin

lyonhibs
02-02-2018, 07:19 AM

My thoughts exactly. No team at Easter Road is a "free shot" for us. Bugger that for a laugh, it's Aberdeen not Barcelona, no matter how much the former's fans believe they are the latter.

allmodcons
02-02-2018, 11:23 AM
I don't see how that's unreasonable - we're playing 2 teams above us in the league who beat us the last times of asking. Hearts are playing 2 teams below them (one dead bottom) who they beat the last times of asking (I think).

I imagine all 4 results there are the bookies favourite outcomes, so it's my expectation. I'll be happy should it not come true, obviously. That would give us a bigger gap going into our run of much more winnable games.

I sincerely hope our manager and the team he puts out have higher expectations than you.

mjhibby
18-02-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm confident we'll will get points in the next two games and would you really be confident in them winning both games. The saintees game looks a nailed on draw to me and while they should beat county coyle could be gone by then and a new manager in. No point in trying to predict any games. Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 should warn anybody off taking results for granted. Irrelevant of the scores in the next couple of fixtures we will have played them and they will have them to play after that.

Aren't I the clever one. Pity I got the saintees game wrong. Have to say I couldn't see us beating both sevco and the dons but that why I stopped predicting results a long time ago. A draw v Killie and hopefully hertz get a draw at castle Greyskull. After that 5 games we should look for a good few points before the break.

danhibees1875
18-02-2018, 03:08 PM
I sincerely hope our manager and the team he puts out have higher expectations than you.

:thumbsup:

Great set of results.

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2018, 06:46 PM
The "natural order" comment is starting to look even more stupid.

Famous Fiver
18-02-2018, 06:53 PM
One defeat in 16 games, crowing like nothing on earth, world beaters, world cup players, new?? stand, biggest football stadium in Edinburgh, 400,000 supporters and how many points behind us are they???

Oh ma sides........

famousfife
18-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Got away with it again with a goaline decision against Ross county. More points gained they shouldn’t have.

Onceinawhile
18-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Got away with it again with a goaline decision against Ross county. More points gained they shouldn’t have.

The boy was offside though which is the decision that was given. So they deserved their point.

DavidDavidGray
18-02-2018, 07:18 PM
The boy was offside though which is the decision that was given. So they deserved their point.

Nope. The boy Smith is playing him onside

Mcpakeisgod
18-02-2018, 07:21 PM

Nah, he was the last man, offside

DavidDavidGray
18-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Nah, he was the last man, offside

Smith is just behind the goalie on the ground with a Ross County player and is playing Schalk onside.

kevinc
Need another player to be beyond you to be onside, offside the correct decision on this one.

weecounty hibby
I think if I was the linesman I would have given the goal. Thought it was very obvious actually. Or maybe my green tinted specs may have come into play!!

Mcpakeisgod
18-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Smith is just behind the goalie on the ground with a Ross County player and is playing Schalk onside.

That’s exactly it mate, he’s behind the goalie

CentreLine
18-02-2018, 11:03 PM
There were two defenders on the goal line so he was onside. Only one of the defenders was on the ground beyond the goal obscured from the linesman’s vision. Clear as day on the tv footage. What’s not so clear is whether all of the ball was over the line. Pretty sure it was though.

mutley
18-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Gutted that hearts are on a massive winning streak,if only we could catch up with them.

:cb

Well, since they managed to get up above us before Christmas, we were never going to catch them, we will always be bottom 6 while they cruise through to the Champions league.

Aye right, get it right up ye, ya yam duds, and I hope they do slip down into the bottom 6 and stay there. (Killie 3 points off them with 2 games in hand, Motherwell 6 points behind, so watch this space jambos)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

matty_f
19-02-2018, 12:29 AM
There were two defenders on the goal line so he was onside. Only one of the defenders was on the ground beyond the goal obscured from the linesman’s vision. Clear as day on the tv footage. What’s not so clear is whether all of the ball was over the line. Pretty sure it was though.

:agree:

He's definitely onside, though I'll be honest and say I never noticed the boy at the post playing him on at first.

monktonharp
19-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Need another player to be beyond you to be onside, offside the correct decision on this one.I thought it was a goal Kev. appart from that, the goalie was trying to push everything in front of him. goal, imho