PDA

View Full Version : Another "physical" team

madhatter
31-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Really wish referees would start protecting players. Tackle on McGregor was a bit of a lunge and wasn't really an attempt to win the ball - the guy didn't even get spoken to.

3 times did their players have studs up while challenging with McGeouch. Rather than then getting cautioned, McGeouch gets a warning to quit complaining or get booked.

Their "Main" man just fouled constantly. Made no attempt to win headers and it took him virtually assaulting Bartley for him to get booked in the last 5 mins.

Shocking stuff, their player was even allowed to berate the referee and 4th official without a warning.

Needs sorted. Some player is going to get a bad injury soon.

Onion
31-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Really wish referees would start protecting players. Tackle on McGregor was a bit of a lunge and wasn't really an attempt to win the ball - the guy didn't even get spoken to.

3 times did their players have studs up while challenging with McGeouch. Rather than then getting cautioned, McGeouch gets a warning to quit complaining or get booked.

Their "Main" man just fouled constantly. Made no attempt to win headers and it took him virtually assaulting Bartley for him to get booked in the last 5 mins.

Shocking stuff, their player was even allowed to berate the referee and 4th official without a warning.

Needs sorted. Some player is going to get a bad injury soon.

And referees wonder why players retaliate and managers go over the top. Some refs, like tonight, are the problem.

Thuggery is just part of the game in Scotland, like Bigotry. The Huns and Yams excel in both fields, with the blessing of the SFA.

yonder1875
31-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Their no.9 was a brute.

Ringothedog
31-01-2018, 09:38 PM
They are a team of thugs, anti football at its worst

Hiber-nation
Bunch of thugs and as ever Alan Muir was absolutely hopeless. The worst top flight ref ever.

Diclonius
Kamberi got nothing from the ref all game.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Bunch of thugs and as ever Alan Muir was absolutely hopeless. The worst top flight ref ever.

He's the worst by a mile IMO. Sees things that haven't happened and misses things that have happened. Terrible.

hibbysam
31-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Kamberi got nothing from the ref all game.

Lost count how many times his top was basically up over his head.

31-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Referee had a shocker

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 09:50 PM
The ref tonight was an utterly useless twat. As were the linesmen.

To think these pricks get paid for that too.

ancient hibee
31-01-2018, 09:55 PM
18 fouls,3 bookings.If The ref had done his job the figures could have been doubled.

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 09:58 PM

No better at times in England. Some of the challenges on Man City players alone have been a disgrace.....

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Linesman on the East side was the worst. 3 times in the 1st half incidents happened less than 5 yards from him and he waited on the ref, who was 20+ yards away, to make the decision for him, a couple of throw ins and a free kick.

Their numbers 9 and 22 led charmed lives and on another day both could have been off, they must have had about 5 fouls apiece.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Muir - the man who didn't think a Falkirk player handled the ball in the playoff game

We were guaranteed to get no protection or help from him tonight

Clueless and let them away with murder

weecounty hibby
31-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Most teams have played this way against us this season, including the supposed better sides like Aberdeen, hearts and Motherwell. There is no protection at all for our players from refs

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Linesman on the East side was the worst. 3 times in the 1st half incidents happened less than 5 yards from him and he waited on the ref, who was 20+ yards away, to make the decision for him, a couple of throw ins and a free kick.

Their numbers 9 and 22 led charmed lives and on another day both could have been off, they must have had about 5 fouls apiece.

Yep, we're sat in the East and had a perfect view of exactly that with the linesman. We thought precisely what you've posted at the time too.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Muir - the man who didn't think a Falkirk player handled the ball in the playoff game

We were guaranteed to get no protection or help from him tonight

Clueless and let them away with murder

Is that who it was?

He's a disgrace to incompetent cheating halfwits.

Heisenberg
31-01-2018, 10:13 PM
How did that boy not get booked for his tackle on McGregor? Brutal.

calumhibee1
31-01-2018, 10:16 PM
How did that boy not get booked for his tackle on McGregor? Brutal.

Was a bad tackle. Maybe not a red card but one of the most serious yellow cards you can get really.

nellio
31-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Quite a few late ones on SJM as well. Awful ref.

Golden Bear
31-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Brutal team in every way. I hope McGregor is not crocked again, as others have said the tackle on him was a shocker.

Bishop Hibee
31-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Ref was dreadful. They are a dirty mob who got away with a few shocking challenges. Great to have beaten them.

J-C
31-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Ref was brutal and gave us nowt all night, Boyle gets his legs taken way outside the box, nothing. Hanlon continually fouled by their no.9 gain nothing. Kamberi has his shirt almost ripped off his back umpteen times and again nothing, a team of thugs protected by a crap ref.

hibby6270
31-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Actually thought ref was OK first half. He booked a couple of their players probably thinking the rest of the Well team would see he wasn’t standing for any nonsense. Ha!!

In the proverbial game of 2 halves (from a reffing point of view) he gave us nothing in the second half. Quite content for their players to rough us up and as soon as that player or another one of ours reacted, he blew and awarded them a foul.

Completely incompetent by letting them get away with so much.
Was rightly booed off the pitch at full time.

EastCalderHibby
31-01-2018, 11:29 PM

:top marks how many times did they give offside against us when their player was right ( behind ) kanberi pulling the shirt of his back
maybe they changed the offside rule before kick off :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Yep, we're sat in the East and had a perfect view of exactly that with the linesman. We thought precisely what you've posted at the time too.

Me and the guys I was with in the FF too .... it was bloomin obvious he just couldn't make a decision for himself, the free kick was a joke, the ref waited about 5 seconds to give it and then he waves his flag .... there must be guys ( or girls ) officiating in the lowland league better than this guy.

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 12:47 AM
The ref was brutal yet again. He didn’t have any big decisions to make, but yet again he allowed a team to continually foul our players and let them go largely unpunished. The abuse McGinn has to take is a disgrace.

monktonharp
01-02-2018, 01:02 AM
The ref was brutal yet again. He didn’t have any big decisions to make, but yet again he allowed a team to continually foul our players and let them go largely unpunished. The abuse McGinn has to take is a disgrace.

Ref was an absolute clown last night. The players with 18 & 22 on their backs should eventually been sent off. I was laughing at the carry on from the 'well striker who started pointing to the ref and an imaginary wristwatch complaining about our goalie timewaisting.

lord bunberry
01-02-2018, 01:07 AM
Ref was an absolute clown last night. The players with 18 & 22 on their backs should eventually been sent off. I was laughing at the carry on from the 'well striker who started pointing to the ref and an imaginary wristwatch complaining about our goalie timewaisting.
:agree: The ref got booed off after a victory. It’s not often you see that.

Johnny_Leith
01-02-2018, 04:09 AM
You can't blame these terms for being cynical against us. If they go toe to toe in a footballing sense, they'll lose.

They're more than aware that footballing culture in Scotland allows you to just foul your way through games and get away with it.

I'd love to see a continental referee take charge of one of our games, opposition sides would end up with 9/10 players every game!

allezsauzee
01-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Their no.9 was a brute.

I'd like to know how many fouls it took for Muir to book this thug for persistent fouling. I'd guess a dozen at least.

worcesterhibby
01-02-2018, 12:44 PM
I'd like to know how many fouls it took for Muir to book this thug for persistent fouling. I'd guess a dozen at least.

It makes you wonder why there isn't a maximum number of fouls a player can committ, before he is booked. 5 sounds about right as a maximum, with referees obviously having the right to book earlier if they feel the fouls are cynical.

hibbysam
01-02-2018, 01:18 PM

He also got away with at least 6 fouls on Hanlon where he had Paul’s top basically up past his head.

we are hibs
01-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Their number 22 persistently fouled all game.