PDA

View Full Version : Question Funniest time traveling to a game or after

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 12:20 PM
We had a pre season friendly with Brora Rangers. Hired the bus to stay overnight. After the game and a few drinks !! we went back to sleep overnight on the bus which was parked in the town square. .
And drive back the next day.
To our surprise we all woke up in the middle of the countryside! Not one of us had a clue where we were or got there and no keys for the bus !
The arguments that arose between us that morning blaming each other for driving and losing the keys there was murder.
So we walked about 5 mile back to town to local police to report lost keys.
Police only handed them to us ( keys) they had got in the bus and drove it out of town whilst we were all unconscious.
For our safety !!!!
Edinburgh West bus [emoji108]
GGTTH [emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
31-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Years ago an old Gypsy woman tapped on the door. My dad answered and she said to him if you buy this gem stone off me it’ll bring you good luck.

My dad being the fool that he is buys it. On the way to the game our car broke down, Hibs lost 3-0 and he lost his hat and gloves 😂

hibs#1
31-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Year ago an old Gypsy woman tapped on the door. My dad answered and she said to him if you buy this gem stone off me it’ll bring you good luck.

My dad being the fool that he is buys it. On the way to the game our car broke down, Hibs lost 3-0 and he lost his hat and gloves 😂

That's brilliant!!not for your dad obviously but still funny.

Aim Here
31-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Year ago an old Gypsy woman tapped on the door. My dad answered and she said to him if you buy this gem stone off me it’ll bring you good luck.

What did you do with the gem stone?

easty
31-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Sold it to Andy Halliday on 20 May 2016?

The_Exile
31-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Buried it under the new piggery mega stand.

Thecat23
31-01-2018, 01:18 PM

He launched it walking back after the game 😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 01:28 PM
The sleeper train from Kiev to Dnipro was interesting. The lassie in the buffet car couldn't speak English but, could sing Beatles songs word for word. One of the Ukrainian boys we were sharing a berth with knobbed the female ticket inspector for our carriage in her wee office. Went to buy some beer off her a wee while later and her wee daughter was sitting there, not funny but, an eye opener to say the least.

Iggy Pope
31-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Edinburgh West taking a bus somewhere is the funniest yet.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2018, 01:34 PM
We had a pre season friendly with Brora Rangers. Hired the bus to stay overnight. After the game and a few drinks !! we went back to sleep overnight on the bus which was parked in the town square. .
And drive back the next day.
To our surprise we all woke up in the middle of the countryside! Not one of us had a clue where we were or got there and no keys for the bus !
The arguments that arose between us that morning blaming each other for driving and losing the keys there was murder.
So we walked about 5 mile back to town to local police to report lost keys.
Police only handed them to us ( keys) they had got in the bus and drove it out of town whilst we were all unconscious.
For our safety !!!!
Edinburgh West bus [emoji108]
GGTTH [emoji1184][emoji1184]

I was on that bus, but we went back to the bus and it was not there, so booked a hotel for the night. :greengrin

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Aye Blackpool Hibs always had money[emoji12]

iwasthere1972
31-01-2018, 04:37 PM
I've never time travelled although I thought i had on a number of occasions such as Tynecastle and Cowdenbeath.

DarlingtonHibee
31-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Me and my mate were at haymarket hoping to get a bus down to Ayr the year we won the league cup, ended up on the Hibs independent bus. Bloody hell what a nightmare! Bus got pulled on the 8m, driver crashed into a wall near the ground, got breathalysed, just passed, after the game he got lost and we ended up stuck in the middle of Glasgow, boys going daft on the bus. Ended up getting back to town 1.30am.boy says we have got seats for Saturday if you want, lol!!

Franck Stanton
31-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Was in the army stationed at Osnabruck , Germany, Hibs were playing smelic in cup final (6-3 game), I applied for leave pass, turned down. Left to drive over after last parade on Fri afternoon. Gat back k, went to game, left Sun morning to drive back, missed ferry at Dover, ( only one every 6hrsin those days), got back 08.10hrs, 10 min late, got done for being AWOL. 2 weeks regimental nick.Bummer.

hibeg
31-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Edinburgh West taking a bus somewhere is the funniest yet.:wink:

Beg your pardon Iggy :confused:
Back in the mid 70s to early 80s we ran a bus everywhere. These were the days when you could have a bevvy on the bus and some great times were had.
I was possibly on the bus the OP was talking about but cannae remember as probably too pissed :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2018, 06:28 PM
I've never time travelled although I thought i had on a number of occasions such as Tynecastle and Cowdenbeath.

Beat me to it. :greengrin

KdyHby
31-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Beg your pardon Iggy :confused:
Back in the mid 70s to early 80s we ran a bus everywhere. These were the days when you could have a bevvy on the bus and some great times were had.
I was possibly on the bus the OP was talking about but cannae remember as probably too pissed :greengrin

Pretty certain I was on an Edinburgh West bus to Leicester for a mid week friendly in the early 80s. Jackie Mac scored while I was queuing to get in.

CL0762
31-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Bus from Riga to Dinaburg for the intertoto cup game. That was hilarious.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Bus from Riga to Dinaburg for the intertoto cup game. That was hilarious.

I did that journey on a normal bus, avoided being left at the services by a baw hair! The ice lolly wasnae worth it.

Numptie
31-01-2018, 07:34 PM
On Hawkhill bus at New years game at Berwick. Last day you could drink on a bus. I was 16 but we all had a drink as it was the end of an era. 2 guys never made it off the bus and 4 were ejected from the ground - great times !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 07:41 PM
FFS! That was before my time on the Hawkhill bus.

Thecat23
31-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Sold it to Andy Halliday on 20 May 2016?

😂😂👏🏼

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Pretty certain I was on an Edinburgh West bus to Leicester for a mid week friendly in the early 80s. Jackie Mac scored while I was queuing to get in.

Aye we did run a bus midweek. George Best was playing I think.
I seem to remember the owner of the caravan stall going mad cos we were shaking it side to side whilst he was trying to cook.
Magical days [emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

spikey66
01-02-2018, 06:04 AM
I remember years ago on the Hawkhill Bus going to Aberdeen the back of the bus started singing then Maude (who a lot of people should remember) was sitting near the driver got up an walked to the back of the bus and told them no singing. Then the front of the bus started singing and she walked to the front to tell them to stop, then the back started again and so on. Poor Maude was walking back and forth and could not click the whole bus was taking the p*sh. Ha ha ha ha.