PDA

View Full Version : Serious transfer deadline day thread

Diclonius
31-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Keep all descriptions of food stocks and dual screen configurations to the other thread please. :wink:

So, we appear to be waiting on Kamberi being announced and Stokes officially leaving. We may possibly be after a Swedish youngster on loan, and there's a bizarre three-way deal being touted involving Bain going to Celtic, Murray going to Dundee and Allan coming to us.

Have I missed anything?

Confirmed so far:

In:
Florian Kamberi, striker (Grasshopper, 6 month loan)

Out:
Liam Fontaine (Ross County, free transfer)
Anthony Stokes (released)

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Fonts sounds like he's on his way out, potentially to County

andybev1
31-01-2018, 10:05 AM

I thought he was a good solid player.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Enquiries by championship sides made for Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous on loan, not sure who. Can’t see Porteous going if Fontaine goes, Hibs may see Murray developing more within the under 20’s

GloryGlory
31-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Enquiries by championship sides made for Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous on loan, not sure who. Can’t see Porteous going if Fontaine goes, Hibs may see Murray developing more within the under 20’s

If Mcginn stays and if we get Scott Allan, maybe Fraser's opportunities will be more limited and Lennon will feel he is better getting some game time at Championship level rather that Development League level? :dunno:

Smartie
31-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Fontaine has been a fantastic signing and has served Hibs well.

He had some excellent games for us. I think he had a couple of poor ones on Alloa's terrible pitch but he barely put a foot wrong for us other than that.

The biggest problem with Fontaine is that he has missed a fair few games through injury, and I don't know how much football we'd get out of him going forward.

One thing I liked about him was his "bouncebackability". I remember one game, possibly last season when he made a bad mistake in the first 10 minutes of the game that led to a goal. The remaining 80 or so minutes of the game he was superb.

More than anything he seems like a great lad to have around, a really strong, positive influence in the dressing room.

I'd be in no hurry whatsoever to get rid of Fontaine.

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 10:16 AM
If Mcginn stays and if we get Scott Allan, maybe Fraser's opportunities will be more limited and Lennon will feel he is better getting some game time at Championship level rather that Development League level? :dunno:

I think first team football in the championship would be beneficial to him.

easty
31-01-2018, 10:17 AM

I'd far rather Murray went out on loan to the Championship than played in our under 20's.

J-C
31-01-2018, 10:32 AM
I'd far rather Murray went out on loan to the Championship than played in our under 20's.

I agree, he's past the development loan deal, he needs to be playing regularly at a decent size club in the championship.

Nevi_SOL
31-01-2018, 10:38 AM

I’ve heard Dunfermline are interested in Fraser

Radium
31-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Sky reporting that TTRFC have turned down £8M upfront for Morelos ... Ghangzou Evergrande or something similar from China.

Smell [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 10:41 AM

Would be a great opportunity for him to get some game time in a competitive league

Ronniekirk
31-01-2018, 11:09 AM

But he isn't getting a game and thats not going to change under Lennon unless injuries mean we have to
If he wants to still be playing he needs to move

Ronniekirk
31-01-2018, 11:10 AM

That could be a good move for him as long as he gets game time

pacoluna
31-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Barker been released by man city?

Mainstandman
31-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Would be awesome if we got him permanent

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 11:19 AM

Has he?

I'd be very surprised.

Diclonius
31-01-2018, 11:31 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8377

Kamberi official.

G B Young
31-01-2018, 11:47 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8377

Kamberi official.

Flippant observation but he seems very 'narrow shouldered' judging by that pic? Either that or a huge heid.

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Flippant observation but he seems very 'narrow shouldered' judging by that pic?

**** me, that's a new one.

G B Young
31-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Has he?

I'd be very surprised.

Someone's mentioned this on the Hibs transfer thread. Barker has tweeted the word 'FREE'. Nothing more, just that. If it means anything in relation to his football career you'd take a guess that he's been freed by Man City rather than had his loan cut short by Hibs.

Jackh
31-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Keep all descriptions of food stocks and dual screen configurations to the other thread please. :wink:

So, we appear to be waiting on Kamberi being announced and Stokes officially leaving. We may possibly be after a Swedish youngster on loan, and there's a bizarre three-way deal being touted involving Bain going to Celtic, Murray going to Dundee and Allan coming to us.

Have I missed anything?

Confirmed so far:

In:
Florian Kamberi, striker (Grasshopper, loan)

Out:

How many of these threads do we need?

Iggy Pope
31-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Someone's mentioned this on the Hibs transfer thread. Barker has tweeted the word 'FREE'. Nothing more, just that. If it means anything in relation to his football career you'd take a guess that he's been freed by Man City rather than had his loan cut short by Hibs.

Or split from his woman. Or maybe he was just running about naked in the woods. With his phone.

Iggy Pope
31-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Flippant observation but he seems very 'narrow shouldered' judging by that pic? Either that or a huge heid.

Believe it or not, I thought the same. Maybe he strips into a big boy. Although he's got a strip on!

Peevemor
31-01-2018, 12:00 PM

?

31-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Think loan moves for those two would be a very good idea. They both have good talent but aren't quite ready for the first team just yet. Get them out to championship clubs who can give them regular football to build up their confidence and experience.

FastEddieFelson
31-01-2018, 12:07 PM

wasn't fontaine in the papers recently saying he wanted to stay at hibs beyond his playing career? it'd be a shame if he goes but understandable considering the lack of game time.

Stuart93
31-01-2018, 12:12 PM
It's starting to look like the hibs of old have returned in January. Can't remember as many loan signings when Stubbs was here.

Onceinawhile
31-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Hibs interested in Scott Allan according to sky sports???

JimboHibs
31-01-2018, 12:15 PM
It's starting to look like the hibs of old have returned in January. Can't remember as many loan signings when Stubbs was here.

Who did we have as loan signings in January before Stubbs ?

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 12:19 PM

You at the wind up?

Off my head, henderson, stokes, Islam Feruz, Nik Gunnerson, Otso Virtanen (maybe, not sure if he was loan or not) some guy from everton who I forget his name, Conrad Logan, Boyle (im sure was a loan to start with) dylan mcGeouch, jake Sinclair

JohnM1875
31-01-2018, 12:19 PM

I really, really hope this is true!!

TonyStokeprano
31-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Stubbs had plenty loans and short term deals, kennedy, sinclair, djedje, gunnarson, stokes, Henderson, mcgeouch boyle, feruz. Sure oxley was even a loan at first.

Not In The Know
31-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Sky reporting that TTRFC have turned down £8M upfront for Morelos ... Ghangzou Evergrande or something similar from China.

Smell [emoji90]

Chat is this is all completely false PR from The rangers to make it look like they dont need the money. As usual the Daily Ranger oblige by printing the story on the back page.

It still annoys me we let them round HTC

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 12:31 PM

If the Hibs of old or new win tonight and move to 7 points ahead of the Rover drivers I'll be happy regardless of the number of loan or other signings we make.

THAT'S the real natural order of things.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Clueless.

Oxley
Kennedy
McGeouch
Sinclair
Boyle
Watson
Henderson
Feruz
Anier
Gunnarsson
Stokes
11 loans in 2 seasons under Stubbs

Marciano
Shinnie
Commons
Ambrose
Barker
Bain
MacLaren
Rherras
Kamberi
9 loans in 2 seasons under Lennon

Lago
31-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Your body shaming. :agree:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Clueless.

Oxley
Kennedy
McGeouch
Sinclair
Boyle
Watson
Henderson
Feruz
Anier
Gunnarsson
Stokes

Marciano
Shinnie
Commons
Ambrose
Barker
Bain
MacLaren
Rherras
Kamberi

Game. Set. Match.

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Sky sports news is nonsense today. Ten minute 'exclusive', live from Huddersfield, we are lucky enough to speak to the owner, loads of excitement, drum roll, blahblah the interview starts, 'will you be making any signings this window?' 'No.'

Luke Shanley comes into view looking a bit hungover. Repeats all the stuff we've already read on here.

Hamish
31-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Sky sports news is nonsense today. Ten minute 'exclusive', live from Huddersfield, we are lucky enough to speak to the owner, loads of excitement, drum roll, blahblah the interview starts, 'will you be making any signings this window?' 'No.'

Luke Shanley comes into view looking a bit hungover. Repeats all the stuff we've already read on here.

Delete the word 'today' from your post and I agree 100%.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Completely unrelated but I was listening to radio 5 Live the other night covering the Huddersfield/Liverpool game. They were saying that Klopp and the Huddersfield manager have a lengthy telephone calls every weekend to discuss the matches just played. Apparently feed each other information, tips and perspectives on all the other teams in the Premier League.

Quite interesting and I wondered whether there was a precedent for something as systematic between managers in the same league?

Tobias Funke
31-01-2018, 12:53 PM

SSN is embarrassing on deadline day. You get the impression they'd happily drag players from one club to sign for another just so they can get some "breaking news". When you have ex cricketer Dominic Cork standing outside Stokes stadium telling you nothing is happening you know they are scraping the barrel.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Some papers saying Simon murray going to dundee... why would we get rid of him?... has he fell out with lennon as well

BroxburnHibee
31-01-2018, 12:56 PM
If there's any mileage in the Allan rumour (personally I hope not) then it would seem to me that's SJM on his way.

Johnny_Leith
31-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Some papers saying Simon murray going to dundee... why would we get rid of him?... has he fell out with lennon as well

Be surprised if we turned down a 'six figure sum' only to let him go to Dundee a few weeks later.

Stick
31-01-2018, 01:03 PM

This is strange, as I didn't hear anything about this until someone on hibs net yesterday suggested it as a possibility re Bain wanted my Celtic. Now it's reported this morning in newspaper, Sky, and bbc site, as a fact.
Maybe I just missed something or lazy journalism again.
Would love Scott Allan back.

31-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Deadline day on SSN is the most over hyped garbage especially in the January window.

Callum_62
31-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Deadline day on SSN is the most over hyped garbage especially in the January window.

Natalie Sawyer though

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Completely unrelated but I was listening to radio 5 Live the other night covering the Huddersfield/Liverpool game. They were saying that Klopp and the Huddersfield manager have a lengthy telephone calls every weekend to discuss the matches just played. Apparently feed each other information, tips and perspectives on all the other teams in the Premier League.

Quite interesting and I wondered whether there was a precedent for something as systematic between managers in the same league?

I doubt it to be honest. Wagner was best man at Klopps wedding and in general they just have a bit of a Mann liebe thing going on.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Natalie Sawyer though

You're right. Natalie. And Jim.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:15 PM
I doubt it to be honest. Wagner was best man at Klopps wedding and in general they just have a bit of a Mann liebe thing going on.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense of it. I can understand anyone liking Klopp, he brings so much more colour and interest to that league and the game in general. I'd love for Liverpool to win the league with him but can't see that ever happening.

Stuart93
31-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Clueless.

Oxley
Kennedy
McGeouch
Sinclair
Boyle
Watson
Henderson
Feruz
Anier
Gunnarsson
Stokes

Marciano
Shinnie
Commons
Ambrose
Barker
Bain
MacLaren
Rherras
Kamberi

Hold my hands up, I forgot some of the players Stubbs had brought in on loan.

Swedish hibee
31-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Who is the Swedish striker ???

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 01:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/daef9046dd63493a20a2433f7dfaf98c.jpg

Elephant Stone
31-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Any indication as to whether it would be permanent or a loan for Allan? I'd sign him for four years if we can.

J-C
31-01-2018, 01:33 PM

Be surprised if we turned down a 'six figure sum' only to let him go to Dundee a few weeks later.

We didn't turn it down, Murray himself knocked back the move to Turkey, I think Lennon has quickly realised Murray is a bit of a headless chicken, maybe not progressing quick enough for where we want to be.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Any indication as to whether it would be permanent or a loan for Allan? I'd sign him for four years if we can.

I would be happy to see Scott Allan sign, purely because if we could get the Scott Allan we had before it would be a great move. But the truth is that just like Stokes was he would be a risk given his inability to make it at a number of clubs .... two years at the very very most.

Brightside
31-01-2018, 01:38 PM

What paper?

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 01:39 PM
What paper?
Here you go.....

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/reports-link-scott-allan-with-a-return-to-hibs-in-three-way-deal-1-4678270

Johnny_Leith
31-01-2018, 01:39 PM
We didn't turn it down, Murray himself knocked back the move to Turkey, I think Lennon has quickly realised Murray is a bit of a headless chicken, maybe not progressing quick enough for where we want to be.

Murray gave an interview not long ago stating he knew nothing of the bid other than it was rejected.

I'm not saying that's the truth, but I'd be surprised if he knocked back what would be a good payday for himself.

Brightside
31-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Here you go.....

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/reports-link-scott-allan-with-a-return-to-hibs-in-three-way-deal-1-4678270

Total non story - copying chat from the Star which copied it from a forum. Journalism really is amazing these days. The Murray to Dundee thing came from twitter.

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Murray gave an interview not long ago stating he knew nothing of the bid other than it was rejected.

I'm not saying that's the truth, but I'd be surprised if he knocked back what would be a good payday for himself.
No-one in their right mind would give up Dundee pies for Turkish kebabs........

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Total non story - copying chat from the Star which copied it from a forum. Journalism really is amazing these days. The Murray to Dundee thing came from twitter.
Don't shoot the messenger - I just provided the link.......

Brightside
31-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Don't shoot the messenger - I just provided the link.......

oh i know... and Tam is just picking up on the forum chat too. If this all happens its mental and makes me think Hibs are now coming up with ideas by looking at Hibs.net! If they are SIGN STEVIE MALLAN!!!

JimboHibs
If there's any mileage in the Allan rumour (personally I hope not) then it would seem to me that's SJM on his way.

And your reasoning for this is ?

Hibee87

Are you in theknow? Thats a serious question, not a dig.

The same chat of 'Lazy Journos' and Lifted form here was branded about when the whole stokes saga was first raised and that turned out to be true, so who knows (unless you tell me you do know of course haha)

J-C
31-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Yep you're right we knocked it back not him, says 6 figure sum, probably £100k

andybev1
31-01-2018, 01:49 PM
I am sure I can remember gers fans moaning before the final about us overusing the loans system.

hfcnic
31-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Hope we don't go for Scott Allan. He was a good player for us mind you so maybe just cutting my nose of to spite my face due to his poor attitude.

Thankfully its no my choice haha

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:05 PM

Thats a post more in keeping with the proper thread.

Hamish
31-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Motherwell sign left back Stephen Hendrie on loan and in their squad for tonight.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Motherwell sign left back Stephen Hendrie on loan and in their squad for tonight.

Does that mean he's in the frame to start? Might be the break he needs. With a name like that cue all the snooker puns.

GillyHibee
31-01-2018, 03:28 PM
All over the Celtic Forum saying that the Scott Allan deal is in the final stages....

GillyHibee
31-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Also hearing we are trying to get Jay Emmanuel - Thomas on 6 month loan deal from QPR. Has just recently been playing in the U23s as of January 15th.

essexhibee
31-01-2018, 03:51 PM

Couldn’t get in a southend team who are poor this season especially in defence.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Stokes and Fontaine officially gone now.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8380

Is It On....
31-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Man City bid £65m for ex St Mirren trialist 😂

overdrive
31-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Stokes and Fontaine officially gone now.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8380

Good luck to Fontaine - one of the legends.

sleeping giant
31-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Good luck to Liam. Will be forever remembered :gwa:

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Craziest deal of the window, Monaco spend £17.5million on a sixteen year old striker from Genoa. Pietro Pelligri. Supposed to be a bit special but still...

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Hearts have let another two go - looking more and more to me that they bust the budget on Naismith. They better hope he doesn't get injured......

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Craziest deal of the window, Monaco spend £17.5million on a sixteen year old striker from Genoa. Pietro Pelligri. Supposed to be a bit special but still...

Will he like Pinaeu (sp?) only ever see the bench - did Pinaeu ever play for us?

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Have we been linked with any other strikers or is it just the Swiss lad?

RoslinInstHibby
31-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Hearts have let another two go - looking more and more to me that they bust the budget on Naismith. They better hope he doesn't get injured......

Who have they all let go?

Hamish
31-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Two young lads. I see Paul Paton has been released by St. Johnstone. Sure Hearts were linked with him a while ago.

bingo70
31-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Does the Scottish transfer window close at 11 or 12?

hibs#1
31-01-2018, 10:18 PM

Real Madrid spent about 50 million euro on Vincuis jr last summer.only turned 17 in the summer.

hibee_girl
31-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Does the Scottish transfer window close at 11 or 12?