PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bi-Annual Transfer Deadline Day Thread:

Pages : [1] 2

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Roll up, roll up, it's time for another bumper thread full of complete and utter unadulterated pish.

Allow me to start off by saying I will be M.I.A for most of the day as a) I am working during the day and b) I'll be coming home to a 5 month old baby who has absolutely no interest in Transfer Deadline Day, football, Jim White, crisps or Natalie Sawyer.

Tied in with the little girl I have fathered, my missus has rcently been stocking fridges and cupboards with healthier foods and with the festive chocolates long gone, it seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow on the goodies front in Pedantic Towers. If she wants to cultivate a healthier lifestyle for us all and lose the baby weight then she can bash on, I will continue unabated and stockpile as many packets of cut price classic crisps from yesteryear into a trolley on my way home tomorrow.

Think Quarterbacks, Tangy Tom's, Johnny's Onion Rings, Bikers and the likes...the Asian convenience store round the corner for me seems like it created their crisp aisle with yours truly in mind. An aisle that's manna from heaven, a golden mile of savoury sex consisting of packets of jolly goodness. Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately, the joy ends there as their yoghurt selection is as much to tastebuds as what Ann Budge is to stylish haircuts. Anyway, enough of that trout and her bright yellow Lego hairstyle, let's talk football.

The fire of Stokes has been extinguished and whilst it's sad to see things end this way, it also frees up money for Lenny to go radge tomorrow on the assumption Rod Petrie has been gaffa taped to a chair in scenes not witnessed since Pat Fenlon joyfully discovered a thing called loan deals back in 2012.

What do we hope for other than Operation Yewtree to broaden their investigations to the Gorgie area? An attacking midfielder? Another striker?

Will nonshinyfinish get prolific with Viscount biscuits again? Will Doddie embark on a Joe Harper rant? Will someone coax Steve20 down from the roof and reassure him that Neil Lennon didn't pump his missus? Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but for the time being it's over to you lot.

p.s What do you call a snowman playing the piano?

Meltin John

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:20 PM
I'm as in as an in thing.

Speedway
30-01-2018, 11:20 PM
I’d just like to say what an incredible thread this has been so far.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2018, 11:22 PM
I'm as in as an in thing.

I was too. Hence the 5 month old baby.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:22 PM
I’d just like to say what an incredible thread this has been so far.

Right, outside now.

snooky
30-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Roll up, roll up, it's time for another bumper thread full of complete and utter unadulterated pish.

Allow me to start off by saying I will be M.I.A for most of the day as a) I am working during the day and b) I'll be coming home to a 5 month old baby who has absolutely no interest in Transfer Deadline Day, football, Jim White, crisps or Natalie Sawyer.

Tied in with the little girl I have fathered, my missus has rcently been stocking fridges and cupboards with healthier foods and with the festive chocolates long gone, it seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow on the goodies front in Pedantic Towers. If she wants to cultivate a healthier lifestyle for us all and lose the baby weight then she can bash on, I will continue unabated and stockpile as many packets of cut price classic crisps from yesteryear into a trolley on my way home tomorrow.

Think Quarterbacks, Tangy Tom's, Johnny's Onion Rings, Bikers and the likes...the Asian convenience store round the corner for me seems like it created their crisp aisle with yours truly in mind. An aisle that's manna from heaven, a golden mile of savoury sex consisting of packets of jolly goodness. Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately, the joy ends there as their yoghurt selection is as much to tastebuds as what Ann Budge is to stylish haircuts. Anyway, enough of that trout and her bright yellow Lego hairstyle, let's talk football.

The fire of Stokes has been extinguished and whilst it's sad to see things end this way, it also frees up money for Lenny to go radge tomorrow on the assumption Rod Petrie has been gaffa taped to a chair in scenes not witnessed since Pat Fenlon joyfully discovered a thing called loan deals back in 2012.

What do we hope for other than Operation Yewtree to broaden their investigations to the Gorgie area? An attacking midfielder? Another striker?

Will nonshinyfinish get prolific with Viscount biscuits again? Will Doddie embark on a Joe Harper rant? Will someone coax Steve20 down from the roof and reassure him that Neil Lennon didn't pump his missus? Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but for the time being it's over to you lot.

Meltin John
or Shiver Archie?

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:25 PM
I was too. Hence the 5 month old baby.

I have good news and bad news for you.

The good news is that daughters are fantastic.

The bad news is that at teenage every interaction is basically the Russian roulette scene from the Deerhunter.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:27 PM

Meltin John

Or Barry Manisnow?

Vault Boy
30-01-2018, 11:27 PM
:not worth

Most important holiday on the .net calendar. I'm on a pretty strict diet so it'll be Greek yoghurt and oats for me, pure tragedy. Somebody save the snacks patter with something that'll clog your arteries faster than you can say Ivan Sproule.

I want to be able to mentally eat a bacon roll through the details thrashed out on this thread.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:28 PM
:not worth

Most important holiday on the .net calendar. I'm on a pretty strict diet so it'll be Greek yoghurt and oats for me, pure tragedy. Somebody save the snacks patter with something that'll clog your arteries faster than you can say Ivan Sproule.

I want to be able to mentally eat a bacon roll through the details thrashed out on this thread.

We're already through the looking glass here people...

monktonharp
30-01-2018, 11:29 PM

The bad news is that at teenage every interaction is basically the Russian roulette scene from the Deerhunter. I concur. she never sent money to me or mummy though

Vault Boy
30-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Desperate times, ODS.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:38 PM
Desperate times, ODS.

There's an obligation on the rest of us to feast disgracefully on your behalf. Let the E numbers and additives commence.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 11:39 PM
I might pop in from time to time for a wee casual keek at the goings on in here although my selection of snacks may not be to everybody's taste.

I'll be weighed down with bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, satsumas and dates.

That lot will be washed down by mugs of rooibos tea although lime and soda will be on hand in case of emergencies.

I've also got a jar of prunes. I don't want to use them, but make no mistake, I will if I need to.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2018, 11:43 PM
Far too early with this.

My snack options at the moment are Asda diet cola, some crap biscuits from a Christmas tin or a Go Ahead reduced fat brownie.

Going to have to do a snack run early doors to up my game.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:44 PM
I might pop in from time to time for a wee casual keek at the goings on in here although my selection of snacks may not be to everybody's taste.

I'll be weighed down with bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, satsumas and dates.

That lot will be washed down by mugs of rooibos tea although lime and soda will be on hand in case of emergencies.

I've also got a jar of prunes. I don't want to use them, but make no mistake, I will if I need to.

What the hell?

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Far too early with this.

My snack options at the moment are Asda diet cola, some crap biscuits from a Christmas tin or a Go Ahead reduced fat brownie.

Going to have to do a snack run early doors to up my game.

That would bring a tear to a glass eye. It's like a scene from Bob Cratchit's house BEFORE Scrooge arrives with the goose.

hibby6270
30-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Does Scottish window end same time as English window - 11pm?
There’s been times before where ours shuts later - 12am or even 1am.

jacomo
30-01-2018, 11:52 PM
First Stokes, now PH has gone off 42 minutes early.

GMT, son, GMT.

Worst day of my life. Thankfully it’s nearly over.

SteveHFC
30-01-2018, 11:57 PM
:hyper

Haymaker
30-01-2018, 11:59 PM
Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?

The answer... Is no. :hyper

Here we go!

CMurdoch
31-01-2018, 12:26 AM

You best wear a nappy :wink:

SRHibs
31-01-2018, 12:46 AM
Hula Hoops will be the snack choice tomorrow in honour of our incoming striker.

snooky
31-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Hula Hoops will be the snack choice tomorrow in honour of our incoming striker.

Your gonna milk it then. :wink:

(BTW, who's that in your avatar?)

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 07:49 AM
The Bi-Annual Highlight of the Year is here, praise be to Pedantic_Hibee!

SirDavidsNapper
31-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Scott Alan to Hibs in one of the Weegie red tops

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Surely that's Swiftie? Get me, all hip with the kids and that. (unless I've got t wrong)

I'm in the office and to start the day right I will be hoovering the very last dregs of leftover office Christmas chocolates. We're talking the breakfast of champions here: a single Ferrero Rocher, three non-branded praline chocolates from Morrisons and (and this is the classy bit) six Marks and Sparks chocolate cherries in Kirsch.

I lead so that others may follow.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 08:21 AM

'teckle' as Jocky Scott would say.

I'd have that in a heartbeat but I don't believe it for a second.

lord bunberry
31-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Just having a coffee before doing the school run. Fridge is stocked, and assorted savoury snacks have tucked away in readiness for the day. I’m already eyeing up the scampi and lemmon nick nacks, but I don’t want to peak to early.

ian cruise
31-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Going to be an interesting day on the transfer front. On the snack front maybe not so much, we here anyway, started off with two Greggs bacon rolls and two orange juices.

7-Zip_Mike
31-01-2018, 08:28 AM

Malcolm Tucker ?

Onion
31-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Please no, not again, he's a waster and will be angling for a move to Sevco before he's even kicked a ball for Hibs.

spike220
31-01-2018, 08:30 AM

I think this will happen

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 08:43 AM
That's the first banana of the day in.

I'm ****in buzzin'.

Bring it on.

wookie70
31-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Please no, not again, he's a waster and will be angling for a movie to Sevco before he's even kicked a ball for Hibs. Seems like the perfect player to replace the Stokes of the last month. Bad attitude, not playing regularly and likely to cause problems in the squad. Backward step if true and hopefully doesn't happen

IGRIGI
31-01-2018, 08:57 AM

I'm ****in buzzin'.

Bring it on.

Let's leave that sort of chat to after watershed thanks.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Cup of black coffee on the desk and a Scott Allan rumour.

**** special K (the cereal, not ketamine) this is the best way to start the day.

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Scott Allan would be an interesting one

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Gonna start the day with crushed spicy avocado on toast with crispy bacon...but fear not I have Hoola Hoops, Outer Spacers, Tesco Bacon Rashers and half a box of Quality Street to back it up.

yonder1875
31-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Any signing would surely be done early afternoon?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Seems like the perfect player to replace the Stokes of the last month. Bad attitude, not playing regularly and likely to cause problems in the squad. Backward step if true and hopefully doesn't happen

Scott Allen has played for 10 clubs in his career, 4 permanent and 6 on loan.

Apart from once handing in a transfer request, can you list all the other incidents which have given him the reputation as a trouble maker?

Speedway
31-01-2018, 09:43 AM

The first hour's configuration is ready.

I've gone with Co-ops simply chicken mayo and cheese selections alongside ASDA's Apple Lime and Asparagus smoothie backed up with Tropicana's top 50 Orange.

Chocolate Peanuts, Maynard's Wine Gums, Cadbury's Picnic, Walkers Oven Baked Fusions round off the initial selections.

I've also elected to use a 4 screen backline with a spare screen just in case and two wi-fi connections plus a hard wired LAN.

Now, what to have for lunch?

houstonhibbee
31-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Dundee utd rumored to be after Danny swanson

fulham have put a £30m price tag on their Scottish international midfielder. Is he worth 10x john mcginn????

jacomo
31-01-2018, 09:52 AM

I've gone with Co-ops simply chicken mayo and cheese selections alongside ASDA's Apple Lime and Asparagus smoothie backed up with Tropicana's top 50 Orange.

Chocolate Peanuts, Maynard's Wine Gums, Cadbury's Picnic, Walkers Oven Baked Fusions round off the initial selections.

I've also elected to use a 4 screen backline with a spare screen just in case and two wi-fi connections plus a hard wired LAN.

Your set up is the stuff of dreams.

timewilltell
31-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Scott Allan....

this is EXACTLY what we’ve been missing this season.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0FuwqSVXLn4

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 09:55 AM
I’m hearing some rumours that I’ve just polished off a link sausage roll with a splash of ketchup.

I’m also hearing that it was magic.

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 10:00 AM
I’m hearing some rumours that I’ve just polished off a link sausage roll with a splash of ketchup.

That's a steady source

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Magic hat magic or magic wand magic?

andybev1
31-01-2018, 10:11 AM

The bad news is that at teenage every interaction is basically the Russian roulette scene from the Deerhunter.

Does that mean every bullet is a boy? :greengrin

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Magic hat magic or magic wand magic?

I'm not sure. I liked it, not a lot, but I liked it.

:greengrin

California-Hibs
31-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Haha, brilliant!

andybev1
31-01-2018, 10:17 AM

fulham have put a £30m price tag on their Scottish international midfielder. Is he worth 10x john mcginn????

I would put my house on this not happening. Hibs do not want or need to sell and Danny would not want to go.

heidtheba
31-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Excellent thread start and I'm delighted to see that this is already well under way!!
I love this thread. Really, aside from pumping Hertz, this is one of my yearly football highlights. Couldn't give a monkeys about the EPL and how much is *****^d on whoever I've never heard of...but give me inside info from Brown Owl or whoever it is takes the Brownies for someone's daughter and I'm hooked.
I've got dire snack choices at home. Mrs Me has selfishly left for a few days to go to a work thing ('fair enough) but all I have are remnants of last night's Chinese, some multi-pack Salt and Vinegar crisps and two multi-pack bags of Twirls. I need something from Greggs and some type of crap crisp. I'd kill right now for those "Bacon Tasty's (sic) that you get. I don't know how many additives they have, I seem to remember seeing 'Agent Orange' and 'Strontium 90' somewhere in the 'nutrition' description but I'd walk over small kittens for a pack of them right now.
Let the day begin!

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 10:39 AM

You need to put a big photo of Natalie on one of those screens and repost.

Please :greengrin

Clerie Green
31-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Just plain old natural order Yams for me !
:flag::na na::flag:

Speedway
31-01-2018, 10:45 AM

That screen is in the 'private' room. No cameras allowed in there.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Eh? :confused:

Jones28
31-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Sauce?

Sammy7nil
31-01-2018, 10:52 AM

I'm ****in buzzin'.

Bring it on.

Where was the banana inserted? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 10:53 AM
We have a situation.

Somebody, probably a vegan or something, has created an abomination of a TDD thread.

They have had the audacity to call it "serious", a description to which, on behalf of everyone associated with this official thread, and especially Pedantic, I take great offence and exception.

We need to put our collective heads together and come up with a plan to undermine that monstrosity.

I'll leave it there for the moment as I'm shaking too much to type. :grr:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Where was the banana inserted? :greengrin

Usual place.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 10:57 AM
So what's your early gut instinct?

Are we heading for a dramatic day of giddy excitement as we experienced 10 years ago (yes a full decade ago) when we swooped late to clinch the signature of Derek Riordan or is it a damp squib with the window slamming shut with minimal fuss?

As an aside I've just tore into a packet of Branston pickle Mini Cheddars. No idea if they qualify as proper crisps but they are frighteningly good.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Usual place.

The Living Room?

yonder1875
31-01-2018, 11:05 AM

One gets a game for Scotland and has got man of the match twice and one doesn't get a game.

Sammy7nil
31-01-2018, 11:06 AM
So what's your early gut instinct?

Are we heading for a dramatic day of giddy excitement as we experienced 10 years ago (yes a full decade ago) when we swooped late to clinch the signature of Derek Riordan or is it a damp squib with the window slamming shut with minimal fuss?

As an aside I've just tore into a packet of Branston pickle Mini Cheddars. No idea if they qualify as proper crisps but they are frighteningly good.

I am always a damp squib kinda guy :greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 11:07 AM
The Living Room?

York.

That's all you're getting.

Stewboy
31-01-2018, 11:11 AM
One gets a game for Scotland and has got man of the match twice and one doesn't get a game.

That sadly is just the market environment. One plays in a league where they chuck about money and the other plays in a league where there is little money.

If McGinn signed for Fulham today for £1m they could sell him tomorrow for £10m. Same with any player!

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 11:14 AM
York.

Duke of?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Duke of?

Naw, pal, you Duke off!

:giruy2:

Speedway
31-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Apparently Potter is spending deadline day eating creamy chicken liver pates from a foil platter.

It's been suggested that's his idea of restoring the natural Hors d'oeuvres of deadline day.

lord bunberry
31-01-2018, 11:30 AM
York.

The grand hole duke of York?

jacomo
31-01-2018, 11:37 AM
We have a situation.

Somebody, probably a vegan or something, has created an abomination of a TDD thread.

They have had the audacity to call it "serious", a description to which, on behalf of everyone associated with this official thread, and especially Pedantic, I take great offence and exception.

We need to put our collective heads together and come up with a plan to undermine that monstrosity.

I'll leave it there for the moment as I'm shaking too much to type. :grr:

It’s a f****** disgrace. I will avoid and hope it dies a miserable death.

But I see you have posted on that thread, HR.

Just what sort of duplicitous game are you playing here?

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 11:48 AM

:cb

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 11:51 AM

I'm giving them a false sense of security before I go for the coup de grace.

Given that you're avoiding that thread, how come you saw my post?

Is pointing the finger at me just classic diversion tactics...?

Clerie Green
31-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 11:53 AM

:hilarious

I didn't understand that the first time you posted it!

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Awwwwooooooooooooooooo

***signing klaxon*****

Florian Camembert signs on loan.

JohnMcM
31-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Apparently Potter is spending deadline day eating creamy chicken liver pates from a foil platter.

It's been suggested that's his idea of restoring the natural Hors d'oeuvres of deadline day.

We have a TDD winner:aok:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Awwwwooooooooooooooooo

***signing klaxon*****

Florian Camembert signs on loan.

Ok, I'll go first. Here's hoping he's Edam good striker, who's stay isn't too Brie f and that he scores a Cracker Barrel of goals.

Godawful I know but after Speedway's appetiser-related code violation of a contribution I felt the bar had been set pretty low anyway.

BroxburnHibee
31-01-2018, 12:50 PM

I'm ****in buzzin'.

Bring it on.

Reported.

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Nothing much to report, just want to bump this "Proper Official transfer Deadline Day Thread" above the treasonous nonsene that is described as "serious".

Two packets of Tesco Bacon rashers have been consumed, the dog end of last nights haggis neaps and tatties is in the microwave.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2018, 12:53 PM
In a nod to our central European arrival, I had turkey schnitzel for lunch, topped with a fried egg. Well, it wasn’t really schnitzel (it hadn’t taking anything like enough of a hammering to earn that exalted title*), but it was nice enough. And whacking a fried egg on top improves any food.

I paired it with triple-cooked chips because TDD.

*For the avoidance of doubt, it was the work cafeteria that made the non-schnitzel. When I hammer some meat it stays hammered.

Peevemor
31-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Nothing much to report, just want to bump this "Proper Official transfer Deadline Day Thread" above the treasonous nonsene that is described as "serious".

Two packets of Tesco Bacon rashers have been consumed, the dog end of last nights haggis neaps and tatties is in the microwave.

Where did you buy your haggis? :confused:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 12:55 PM
In a nod to our central European arrival, I had turkey schnitzel for lunch, topped with a fried egg. Well, it wasn’t really schnitzel (it hadn’t taking anything like enough of a hammering to earn that exalted title*), but it was nice enough. And whacking a fried egg on top improves any food.

*For the avoidance of doubt, it was the work cafeteria that made the non-schnitzel. When I hammer some meat it stays hammered.

And people are concerned about the banana insertion references? :shocked:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:03 PM

I'm ****in buzzin'.

Bring it on.

Reported.

I think you may have made a premature request for his ejaculation from this thread.

By my estimate he still has an entire arsenal of fruit left to insert going by his original post. Makes clearer why he felt he needed the jar of prunes to hand. He hasn't even mentioned the apples and pears yet...

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Where did you buy your haggis? :confused:

Sainsburies for a £1 no one else in my house will eat it, so I had half last night and having the other half for lunch, still waiting on the spuds and neeps to be boiled to mashable level though.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Two slices of toast with liberal application of Primula....cheese in a tube...marvellous.

A bowl of Indian noodles, sandwiches nicked from a client meeting and a packet of ready salted walkers. That's my lunch.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 01:16 PM

Is that a wind-up hr? If not its a red card offence!

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 01:18 PM
There is nothing "serious" about the "Serious" thread, they're just waxing lyrical about Natalie Sawyer and talking about Huddersfield..........ADMIN PRICKS - Merge the threads and delete their title ! I will not stand by and watch this Coup d'etat happen without a fight !

Pretty Boy
31-01-2018, 01:20 PM
There is nothing "serious" about the "Serious" thread, they're just waxing lyrical about Natalie Sawyer and talking about Huddersfield..........ADMIN PRICKS - Merge the threads and delete their title ! I will not stand by and watch this Coup d'etat happen without a fight !

What colour is Natalie going to be in today? Personally I'm hoping for a yellow number. Jim White is probably going through his warm up routine now, for 5 hours twice a year he is God.

As an aside has 'arry been spotted leaning out a car window yet? And is his fraudster dog still alive?

HUTCHYHIBBY
Peanut Butter chunky Kitkat, can of cherry coke and bag of Massala peanuts consumed on the train down to Carlisle. Strongbow going down nicely, fast food update at about 1800!

One Day Soon

I'm on there openly lowering the serious tone. They'll never notice.

Smartie
31-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Afternoon all.

So far today all I've had to eat have been some cocoa covered caramelised pecans that were kicking about the kitchen at work when I was close to collapse halfway through this morning.

On the transfer front, a source has told me that 1994 has been in touch with Scott Allan, looking to recall his haircut.

Barry Lavety, Graeme Love and the young Shaun Dennis have dispatched to see if they find an old/new set of curtains for him.

More to follow as the story progresses.........

H18S NX
31-01-2018, 01:22 PM

*For the avoidance of doubt, it was the work cafeteria that made the non-schnitzel. When I hammer some meat it stays hammered.....too much information...:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
31-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Just had 3 chicken wraps with a yohurt and cucumber dressing washed down with Asda diet blue charge. Currently scoffing 2 Cadbury fudges which were leftovers from the kids Xmas selection boxes.

Craig_HFC
31-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Afternoon all.

So far today all I've had to eat have been some cocoa covered caramelised pecans that were kicking about the kitchen at work when I was close to collapse halfway through this morning.

On the transfer front, a source has told me that 1994 has been in touch with Scott Allan, looking to recall his haircut.

Barry Lavety, Graeme Love and the young Shaun Dennis have dispatched to see if they find an old/new set of curtains for him.

More to follow as the story progresses.........

Excellent.

:greengrin

One Day Soon
Peanut Butter chunky Kitkat, can of cherry coke and bag of Massala peanuts consumed on the train down to Carlisle. Strongbow going down nicely, fast food update at about 1800!

You're on a time travel train? I'm expecting it to be devilled kidneys, potted shrimp and cobbler. Washed down with Porter.

HUTCHYHIBBY
York.

The Hole in the Wall? ;-)

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Chicken and Chorizo one pan rice left overs, with a smoked cheese and coleslaw sub roll for a chaser. Followed by some Cheese and onion crinkle chedders washed with a can of Cherry pepsi.

Oh, and got a random txt saying we are after Jamie Mackie but im not believing it, just throwing it out there :aok:

HH81
31-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Just had my bread and water for dinner. :agree:

hibs#1
31-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Chicken and Chorizo one pan rice left overs, with a smoked cheese and coleslaw sub roll for a chaser. Followed by some Cheese and onion crinkle chedders washed with a can of Cherry pepsi.

Oh, and got a random txt saying we are after Jamie Mackie but im not believing it, just throwing it out there :aok:

Not totally against that move.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 01:31 PM
You're on a time travel train? I'm expecting it to be devilled kidneys, potted shrimp and cobbler. Washed down with Porter.

I was drinking oyster stout in London at the w-end, probably more apt for 1800.

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Hibs are interested in taking 27 year old ex Arsenal striker Jay-Emmanuel Thomas on loan from QPR

Proper rumour and the "Official" thread get's it first !! IN YOUR FACE "Serious" thread

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:37 PM
I was drinking oyster stout in London at the w-end, probably more apt for 1800.

Christ, if your time travelling fast food from 1800 meets up with the time travelling Scott Allan hair detectives from 1994 we could end up with hairy pie, coiffed eels or jellied fringe.

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Hibs are interested in taking 27 year old ex Arsenal striker Jay-Emmanuel Thomas on loan from QPR

Proper rumour and the "Official" thread get's it first !! IN YOUR FACE "Serious" thread

Interestingly, can also play left back, left wing as well as striker.

Serious thread and daft official thread now indistinguishable.

jacomo
31-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Ok, I'll go first. Here's hoping he's Edam good striker, who's stay isn't too Brie f and that he scores a Cracker Barrel of goals.

Godawful I know but after Speedway's appetiser-related code violation of a contribution I felt the bar had been set pretty low anyway.

Cheesy .

HUTCHYHIBBY
Christ, if your time travelling fast food from 1800 meets up with the time travelling Scott Allan hair detectives from 1994 we could end up with hairy pie, coiffed eels or jellied fringe.

From what I can see out the boozer window, that sounds like Carlisle!

One Day Soon

Yes but is he Hibs class in terms of being properly misshapen?

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:46 PM

****ing serious thread amateurs eh?

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2018, 01:47 PM

What’s the best crisp sandwich?

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:47 PM
From what I can see out the boozer window, that sounds like Carlisle!

As in:

"What news of Carlisle my liege?"

"Beaten 2-0 away at Norwich my Lord."

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:48 PM

Got a nasty feeling this is a trick question.

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Yes but is he Hibs class in terms of being properly misshapen?

No but I beleive he gets his hair cut by that bloke with a glass eye that used to have the barbers in the Kirkgate !

http://www.footballtop.com/sites/default/files/styles/player_full/public/photos/players/010272985239300.jpg?itok=x-3jSCtD

The_Exile
Just had my bread and water for dinner. :agree:

hibsbollah

Walkers Tomato Sauce on Warburtons medium cut with thickly spread lurpak.

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 01:50 PM
No but I beleive he gets his hair cut by that bloke with a glass eye that used to have the barbers in the Kirkgate !

http://www.footballtop.com/sites/default/files/styles/player_full/public/photos/players/010272985239300.jpg?itok=x-3jSCtD

:faf: that's a proper thug life cut.

The_Exile
31-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Quavers (has to be something with a yellow packect in respect of Sawyers dress) and Cheese and Onion on wholemeal bread with spread, pressed down firmly to enable a second layering before scoffage.

Craig_HFC

Finally, some serious business.

White bread, butter, salt & vinegar crisps with Reggae Reggae Sauce.

Smashing.

One Day Soon

I get my haircut there, never by this guy though. Doesn't look like he's any good at cutting his own hair. Also, where's the glass eye? I think you're just having us on.

HoboHarry
Christ that sounds ghastly........:Ummm:

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 01:52 PM

I like to get Natalie Sawyer and sandwich her between Quentin Crisp and George Crisp(who used to play for Coventry)

Obviously this is purely a "mental" sandwich, but provides an interesting image, none the less.

Vault Boy
31-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Just scranned a miserable protein cookie before going out for a kick about. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:53 PM
In other news, who knew a white roll and corned beef with tomato could be so tasty?

I'm also going to ask the court to take into consideration a plum, an apple and an imminent orange. There's no excuse, I have no plea in mitigation.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2018, 01:56 PM

Delicious, i have that at least once a week with anchor butter or lurpack. :applause:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Delicious, i have that at least once a week with anchor butter or lurpack. :applause:

Where do you stand on Aldi's surrogate - Norpak?

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Seriously though, what do you think the level of productivity drop is on TDD on average among .netters?

Is it -

Goal A: First warning

Goal B: Written warning

Goal C: Instant dismissal

Goal D: Leaving by Mutual Consent

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Think I will have my house maid Mayura make some Pakora - ****** the crisps......

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 02:00 PM
In other news, who knew a white roll and corned beef with tomato could be so tasty?

I'm also going to ask the court to take into consideration a plum, an apple and an imminent orange. There's no excuse, I have no plea in mitigation.

Sack the tomato and lash on the HP sauce. Then its a dream

HoboHarry
Seriously though, what do you think the level of productivity drop is on TDD on average among .netters?

Is it -

Goal A: First warning

Goal B: Written warning

Goal C: Instant dismissal

Goal D: Leaving by Mutual Consent
None for me, I took a day off. Waste of time working today.......

HUTCHYHIBBY
As in:

"What news of Carlisle my liege?"

"Beaten 2-0 away at Norwich my Lord."

Liege? What sort of Standard is that?

Anyway, back to crisp rolls - well fired roll, loads of butter, mustard, Spam and Salt and Vinegar crisps - enjoy! :-)

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2018, 02:02 PM

Never had it, is it good, and more to the point how much cheaper is it? :greengrin

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 02:02 PM

I bow to your Superior knowledge...

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Never had it, is it good, and more to the point how much cheaper is it? :greengrin

Well its Aldi so its a ****load cheaper. I like it, but its a ******* to get on and off the knife while spreading compared to the real thing. Once you master the technique you never look back.

I wouldn't willingly go anywhere other than Aldi these days if I had a choice. Certainly I think Sainsburys, Tesco and the other big ones are just ripping the pi5h where prices are concerned.

You'll not find this level of insight on your so-called 'serious transfer deadline day thread'. Say hello to my little Official Bi-Annual friend mother****ers.

easty
31-01-2018, 02:08 PM

It is cheaper, but Lurpak is noticeably better.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 02:10 PM
I bow to your Superior knowledge...

Very good, having worked at Registers of Scotland for 14 years I should've got that reference (liege) without assistance from Google. :-( Might not have been used in the Scottish feudal system). Thought it was my Duty to check though.

Anyway, back to the serious stuff ...!

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 02:11 PM

That's inaccurate Centrist Dad Melt speak. You're just not properly committed to the Aldi movement.

Their cereals are not the vanguard of the revolution mind. Dear me no they are not :bitchy:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Very good, having worked at Registers of Scotland for 14 years I should've got that reference without assistance from Google. :-(

Minus 200 points from Hufflepuff, plus you lose your left hand for a bit of appropriate medieval authenticity.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Well its Aldi so its a ****load cheaper. I like it, but its a ******* to get on and off the knife while spreading compared to the real thing. Once you master the technique you never look back.

I wouldn't willingly go anywhere other than Aldi these days if I had a choice. Certainly I think Sainsburys, Tesco and the other big ones are just ripping the pi5h where prices are concerned.

You'll not find this level of insight on your so-called 'serious transfer deadline day thread'. Say hello to my little Official Bi-Annual friend mother****ers.

Ah right, well i think i will stick to the lurpack then, can't be arsed with butter that does not spread straight out the fridge, and i'm too greedy to wait for it to thaw. :greengrin

Get a lot of my meat and butter in the pub from the local entrepreneurs on a friday night, so the price is already quite reduced. :wink:

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2018, 02:25 PM

Anyway, back to crisp rolls - well fired roll, loads of butter, mustard, Spam and Salt and Vinegar crisps - enjoy! :-)

Best answer so far, purely because you (correctly) use a roll.

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Tesco's butterpak is as good as lurpak, £2.20. Lurpak well over £3 now.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Its only £1 in Blackpool. :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
31-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Huns turned down £8m for morellols, aye right...

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Minus 200 points from Hufflepuff, plus you lose your left hand for a bit of appropriate medieval authenticity.

Coincidentally, The Keeper of the Registers of Scotland just e-mailed to say we've been linked with Darius Vassal, what next? :-)

easty

Lurpak £3 in Sainsburys just now though.

I'll try Butterpak.

lord bunberry
Is that where that stuff comes from? I’ve seen it in the fridge a few times. I can’t say I’ve noticed the difference.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Coincidentally, The Keeper of the Registers of Scotland just e-mailed to say we've been linked with Darius Vassal, what next? :-)

Stop making things up. Get a grip of your serf.

Peevemor
31-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I just had the usual "americain poulet" followed by a cheeky wee "amandine" (those interested/sad enough can google them).

I give piping lessons every Wednesday night and my puils have been forewarned that I'll be leaving at 8.30 tonight as I'm, erm, busy.

Usually it's later and given that Madame Peeve & the frogettes are ordinarily already off to bed when I arrive, I normally grab a takeaway from a Chinese buffet place that's on my road home.

Depending on the choice and state of dehydration of the food on offer I normally take either 2 small plastic container things (6€ each) or 1 medium foil container thing (9€). Given the enormity of the evening ahead, I'm unsure whether to go for 3 small ones, or maybe one of each. Suggestions? (don't worry about the materials, we're well covered in terms of recycling).

As for multipe screens - I'm hot to trot! Tablet for the Hibs TV match stream and the laptop for .net and any relevant transfer update sites (I may swap though depending on which thing's wifi is working better). The TV will be on the first episode of a new season of Top Chef which starts on the French tellybox tonight - I better get into it to occupy myself on future, empty Wednesday evenings where there's no transfer window about to slam shut. There's also a new season of Blacklist on the the other side at the same time, but I'll try to watch that later if my nerves are up to it.

Jim44
31-01-2018, 02:40 PM

........... and I thought they had abolished slavery. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 02:40 PM
So called "Serious" thread is dropping down the board like a stone...Right is prevailing !

By the way since when was the coconut sweetie in Quality Street in a blue wrapper ? I swear it used to be green..I'm not a fan of coconut and just had to eat one thinking it was a honeycomb crunch...not best pleased :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 02:47 PM
So called "Serious" thread is dropping down the board like a stone...Right is prevailing !

By the way since when was the coconut sweetie in Quality Street in a blue wrapper ? I swear it used to be green..I'm not a fan of coconut and just had to eat one thinking it was a honeycomb crunch...not best pleased :rolleyes:

Since Walkers started making them?

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Is that a euphemism? :confused:

Hamish
31-01-2018, 02:57 PM

Mutatis Mutandis on loan from FC Compari?

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Since Walkers started making them?

Actually they are made by Nestle......

who are Swiss......

like Florian Kamberi !!!

So it's his fault and we just signed him !! Typical !!!

PETRIE !!!! :grr::grr::grr:

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2018, 02:58 PM

All other things being equal, I'm expecting Ceteris Paribus shortly.

Peevemor
31-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Reminds me of the Rangers transfer kitty - "iti sapis spotanda tino ne".

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:00 PM

Very good! Played a few games for them, not sure I was ever registered though. Would've played more but, had a bit of a nervous disposition.

Hamish
31-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Very good! Played a few games for them, not sure I was ever registered though. Would've played more but, had a bit of a nervous disposition.

You are Discharged sir.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:13 PM
You are Discharged sir.

Aye, thats basically what happened. Had a hard time Dealing with it but, was basically left to ROT in the reserves until the close sasine.

Hamish
31-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Aye, thats basically what happened. Had a hard time Dealing with it but, was basically left to ROT in the reserves until the close sasine.

Boooooo!

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Was just speaking to a mate of mine who's a Ross County fan and he's heard that Hibs are in for Scott Fox. If Bain does move to Celtic then Fox would be a decent replacement as back-up keeper. Plenty of experience but second choice at the Staggies at the moment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Boooooo!

Wtf has that got to do with MBH? Unless you add a ze to the end before the ex-mark. :-)

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Was just speaking to a mate of mine who's a Ross County fan and he's heard that Hibs are in for Scott Fox. If Bain does move to Celtic then Fox would be a decent replacement as back-up keeper. Plenty of experience but second choice at the Staggies at the moment.

The plot thickens, swap with Fonts going there.......and here was us thinking the Fonts to RC was a dull one, might have some bearing in this ever increasing circle :greengrin

jacomo
31-01-2018, 03:30 PM

Death to the infidels.

Late lunch was a cheese and tomato toastie accompanied by hot Doritos.

Now working through a packet of fruit gums.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Death to the infidels.

Late lunch was a cheese and tomato toastie accompanied by hot Doritos.

Thats unusual, how long do you heat them up for?

Cauld Bovril
31-01-2018, 03:42 PM

OK when trying to manage a tight budget or as a backup but lacks consistency to make it a permanent first choice

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 03:45 PM
The plot thickens, swap with Fonts going there.......and here was us thinking the Fonts to RC was a dull one, might have some bearing in this ever increasing circle :greengrin

yea I don't know why that didn't occur to me (probably because I have a man crush on Fonts and I don't want him to leave)

it could be one hell of a 5 way transfer

Hibs release Bain who moves to Celtic, IF Dundee release Allan and he moves to Hibs & Simon Murray moves from Hibs to dundee....but only if Hibs can get a replacement for Bain in the form of Scott Fox..who will only be released by Ross County if Fonts moves to the Staggies !!

That's legendary Transfer deadline day shuffling !

IGRIGI
31-01-2018, 03:46 PM
This is going to end up with at least one player showing up at the wrong stadium for training tomorrow.

Joe6-2
31-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Is that a euphemism? :confused:

😂😂😂😂

Famous Fiver
31-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Remember when you had to buy a programme to find out who was playing?

No tannoy, social media or team announcements in those days.

Looks like it's going to be a real mystery who is pulling on a Hibs shirt tonight.

Can't wait to see what the line up will be.

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 03:52 PM
yea I don't know why that didn't occur to me (probably because I have a man crush on Fonts and I don't want him to leave)

Hibs release Bain who moves to Celtic, IF Dundee release Allan and he moves to Hibs & Simon Murray moves from Hibs to dundee....but only if Hibs can get a replacement for Bain in the form of Scott Fox..who will only be released by Ross County if Fonts moves to the Staggies !!

Its kept me entertained. I await the usual gloominess when 12 tonight hits and no one has done any business :hilarious:hilarious

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 03:53 PM
This is going to end up with at least one player showing up at the wrong stadium for training tomorrow.

Wonder if it turns into a peter odemwingie with several of the players all turning up and their choice of clubs trying to force the moves :greengrin

flash
Very good, having worked at Registers of Scotland for 14 years I should've got that reference (liege) without assistance from Google. :-( Might not have been used in the Scottish feudal system). Thought it was my Duty to check though.

Anyway, back to the serious stuff ...!
Interesting use of the word "worked".

duffers
Fonts away as per the SFA tweet

hibbymick
31-01-2018, 03:56 PM

😂😂😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Now in The Border Rambler in Carlisle trying to come up with cheesy dance tunes the video jukey doesnae have, Mama Lover by Serebro is winning so far (check it out on YouTube) good video. Packet of Bobby's Onion Rings burning a hole in my pocket (Can you get a better bargain for 39p).

A Cumbrian local just suggested Now You're gone by Basshunter, delighted to say the jukey won.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Interesting use of the word "worked".

The thread should be taken with a pinch of salt, similar to some of the wonderous snacking options posted so far.

Peevemor
31-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Time to slip this in methinks.

https://twitter.com/FootWag/status/958657109184442368

Jim44
31-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Its kept me entertained. I await the usual gloominess when 12 tonight hits and no one has done any business :hilarious:hilarious

I’ll be satisfied if this convoluted series of deals fizzles out as stalemate. We’ll still have Murray, a very good second string goalkeeper in Bain, and Fontaine and if McGinn is still with us, happy days.

Ps. Well, take Fontaine out of the equation ...... he’s away.

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I’ll be satisfied if this convoluted series of deals fizzles out as stalemate. We’ll still have Murray, a very good second string goalkeeper in Bain, and Fontaine and if McGinn is still with us, happy days.

Ps. Well, take Fontaine out of the equation ...... he’s away.

I see that as the first bullet leaving the gun in this merry go round its a waiting game to see who shoot next :cb

Haymaker
31-01-2018, 04:11 PM

Hibee87
31-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Pistol is smoking now - Murray to Dundee on loan done deal :cb

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 04:29 PM
that will be a fun one for their fans..they were booing his every touch the other night !

jacomo
31-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Thats unusual, how long do you heat them up for?

Well on this occasion it was just diffused heat from my hand holding the packet, so not very effective.

However, what I should have done is created a nachos dish by piling a load of them on a plate, loading with cheese and sticking the lot under the grill.

worcesterhibby
31-01-2018, 04:52 PM

two parts of the jigsaw complete..It's ON !!!!

bigwheel
31-01-2018, 04:53 PM

looks quite a step down from Bain...from what Ive seen..

SRHibs
31-01-2018, 04:54 PM

Scarlett Jo from Lost in Translation (great film!). :drool:

Had this before she became a literal Hibby eater in Under the Skin.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 04:57 PM

I really hope so.

AZhibee
31-01-2018, 04:58 PM
looks quite a step down from Bain...from what Ive seen..

As long as he looks nice on the bench

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Now at the dentist with the kids. Tattooed receptionist tight lipped as to what she does or doesn’t know about today’s Hibs dealings. I suspect she knows more then she’s letting on.

TDD is

AZhibee
31-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Now at the dentist with the kids. Tattooed receptionist tight lipped as to what she does or doesn’t know about today’s Hibs dealings. I suspect she knows more then she’s letting on.

TDD is

Boyle doesn't brush enough and needs to floss.

Smartie
31-01-2018, 05:10 PM

TDD is

Rod Petrie does his own dentistry. He refuses to pay the, er, nothing that it costs for an NHS dental exam.

Lewis Stevenson goes every six months, brushes twice a day, flosses once and spits out the toothpaste without rinsing (to get an extra benefit from the fluoride in the toothpaste). He has no fillings.

He's a very good boy is Lewis. In every way.

His mother should be so proud.

jacomo
31-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Was thinking of doing a chocolate fountain tonight, in honour of our erstwhile centre back.

But I don’t like them, and I’ll probably be accused of being racist, so I’ve canned the plan.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Was thinking of doing a chocolate fountain tonight, in honour of our erstwhile centre back.

Imodium might work.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 05:21 PM
becoming a nightmare. Dentists, lawyer, bloody game tonight, actual work - what else is going to interfere with this?

Chippy on the way home, scoffed on the run and off to ER where I fully expect even Neil Lennon will have no idea what players he has at his disposal until just before kick off.

Bring yer boots lads, tonight may be one chance in a lifetime.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Imodium might work.

Imodium’s certainly done more work than me today.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Is it just me that has the urge to respond to the ‘Stokes Released’ thread by starting another one titled ‘Stokes Recaptured’?

Onion
31-01-2018, 05:27 PM
that will be a fun one for their fans..they were booing his every touch the other night !

Just wait until Levein signs Stokes :greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Welcome, brother.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Welcome, brother.

What’s the password and where do we keep the cilice?

Haymaker
31-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 06:00 PM
What’s the password and where do we keep the cilice?

Password is CitrusEcstasy4U

The cilices are kept in the cupboard with the gimp masks.

You know where that is.

Haymaker
31-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Urgent advice required.

The Hibs game is on Alba at 9.55 tonight.

I could avoid hibs.net and keep from finding out the score until I watch the delayed broadcast. I did that for the Dundee game.

However, that would mean missing all the TDD excitement.

What's a boy to do? :confused:

SRHibs
31-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Urgent advice required.

I could avoid hibs.net and keep from finding out the score until I watch the delayed broadcast. I did that for the Dundee game.

I would load up the transfer thread at kickoff then leave it until after you’ve watched the game. Refresh it and just read through. Will still get the excitement when you see the rumours develop about the prolific striker we are signing.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Urgent advice required.

Stump up for Hibs TV and a VPN?

GreenLake
31-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Think I will have my house maid Mayura make some Pakora - ****** the crisps......

Must eat pakora in the traditional Indian way - with tomato ketchup. :greengrin

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Stump up for Hibs TV and a VPN?

Why is the VPN needed?

HoboHarry
31-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Must eat pakora in the traditional Indian way - with tomato ketchup. :greengrin

Infidel. 😀

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Why is the VPN needed?

Because while York may feel like foreign territory, it’s not far enough away to let you watch the game on Hibs TV.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Because while York may feel like foreign territory, it’s not far enough away to let you watch the game on Hibs TV.

You and your logic and facts and that.

He could just call me at the game and I'll give a running commentary while he lets me know whats happening TDD wise. :dunno:

Steve20
31-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Since the OP was nice enough to give me a mention about Lennon pumping my missus.

I’d find that less of a slap in the face and than him punting our two top scorers. Aye what a manager right enough.

At least Scott Allan is back for the everyone on here to conviently forget how he treated the club like absolute dirt. He gets the great welcome back and Stokesy, who is a genuine legend, gets all sorts of abuse from people with short memories.

Allan is back until the summer and as soon as someone else gives him an offer, he won’t think twice about Hibs.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Me and the boy are magicians. We just made two smoked sausage suppers disappear. :applause:

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Since the OP was nice enough to give me a mention about Lennon pumping my missus.

I’d find that less of a slap in the face and than him punting our two top scorers. Aye what a manager right enough.

At least Scott Allan is back for the everyone on here to conviently forget how he treated the club like absolute dirt. He gets the great welcome back and Stokesy, who is a genuine legend, gets all sorts of abuse from people with short memories.

Allan is back until the summer and as soon as someone else gives him an offer, he won’t think twice about Hibs.

Have you asked your missus for her view on that one?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 06:28 PM

Scott Allen put in a transfer request.

Stokes disrespected Hibs, our players and our manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Is there any truth in the Allan/Murray tales yet?

SaulGoodman
31-01-2018, 06:32 PM

This isn't the first time I've been enjoying reading through a light-hearted thread only for it to be ground to a halt by you

Liberal Hibby
31-01-2018, 06:33 PM
I'm still attempting to do some work, but I've got one eye on here and an open can of premixed Gordon's and slimline tonic washed down with a 59p bag of Happy Shopper salt and vinegar sticks. I'm not sure whether I should feel dirty or not.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 06:34 PM
This isn't the first time I've been enjoying reading through a light-hearted thread only for it to be ground to a halt by you

If Lennon pumped his mrs I can understand him being upset.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:35 PM
I'm still attempting to do some work, but I've got one eye on here and an open can of premixed Gordon's and slimline tonic washed down with a 59p bag of Happy Shopper salt and vinegar sticks. I'm not sure whether I should feel dirty or not.

Always, ALWAYS, go for dirty...

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2018, 06:36 PM

Hiya, Steve. Absolute sozatron for my OP. Love, PH xx

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:36 PM
If Lennon pumped his mrs I can understand him being upset.

You realise how quickly .net myths can become FACT...?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 06:37 PM

Top shelf bevvy (maybe), bottom shelf snack, call it a draw.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 06:38 PM
You realise how quickly .net myths can become FACT...?

Don't you think he's upset?

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Right, off to the game. Unlikely to be posting until return so probably miss the deadline.

Good luck to all, let's keep it unhealthy and irrational.

nonshinyfinish

Far be it from me to promote the inferior thread, but isn’t this a bit, well, serious?

One Day Soon
Don't you think he's upset?

Well he's clearly no happy.

Vault Boy
31-01-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't know what's happening with transfers at the moment.

However I can confirm that I treated myself to a couple of fried eggs on Irish soda bread and it was an absolute belter. Heinz ketchup, clover light, runny yolks. Easy 10/10.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2018, 06:41 PM

You're wrong.

He said Lennon didn't do that.

Liberal Hibby
31-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Top shelf bevvy (maybe), bottom shelf snack, call it a draw.

:top marks

Santa Cruz
31-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Just got a text from Mrs Cruz asking for coke, cheese and onion crisps and custard creams. I'll stick to the vino.

jonty
31-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Have you asked your missus for her view on that one?

I'd hazard a guess it was the pillow?

Smartie
31-01-2018, 06:45 PM

Ok, I'll bite.

A few questions.

1. Have you been entirely happy with Hibs' play in the final third this season?
2. If no, and you disagree with the approach that Lennon seems to be taking, what alternative approach would you have found preferable?
3. Have you been happy with Stokes' performances and goal return this season?
4. Have you been happy with Stokes' general conduct this season? How do you think Lennon should deal with players who take the piss? (as has been alleged)
5. Forgetting for a moment the whole "attempting to push through the move to Sevco" thing, what did you think of Allan's level of performance the last time he was with the club?
6. Do you think for a minute that playing for Hibs is the limit of any talented player's ambitions? What more do you think we can generally get out of players than a consistently high level of performance that they might hope would get them a move to a bigger club that would pay them more money?
7. Have you ever had a missus, let alone had one pumped by Neil Lennon? Sometimes heartache comes your way, that's life, that's love, and that's what goes with relationships. The key is to bounce back, to get over it, to go out and put yourself out there at risk of getting hurt again. This level of fear of getting hurt is not healthy.
8. What crisps do you like?

Paloschi
31-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Train to kings cross so a double whopper meal followed by two tins of Stella. Working on the train has consisted of refreshing every football transfer site imaginable. I will head out for a curry tonight - what would a deadline day Curry entail? 🤔

Vault Boy
31-01-2018, 06:47 PM
No Dave, Murray or Bain in the squad for the game. 👀

Smartie
31-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Train to kings cross so a double whopper meal followed by two tins of Stella. Working on the train has consisted of refreshing every football transfer site imaginable. I will head out for a curry tonight - what would a deadline day Curry entail? 🤔

The transfer of the contents of your bowels to the nearest water closet around 3am, the farting and gurgling noises not unlike an excited Jim White at 5 to midnight on deadline day.

The fiery liquid may well be yellow in colour.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 06:53 PM

I got a very tasty ramen soup in chop chop opposite KX station on Sunday. If they dont have TDD specials i'd take my custom elsewhere.

Albanian Hibs
31-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Tucking into tatties with chilli sauce from The Best Kebab 😀

Vault Boy
31-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Scott Allan, Scott Bain and Simon Murray transfers all mentioned by Luke Shanley on SSN.

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 07:06 PM
I’m beginning to think this TDD is modelled on some Scooby Doo plot. I’ll not be surprised if Old Man Smithers turns out to be Stokes’ agent

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2018, 07:09 PM

This thread should be 100% full fat :bitchy:

Haymaker
31-01-2018, 07:24 PM

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2018, 07:34 PM
This thread should be 100% full fat :bitchy:

Why do you think I keep posting?

SaulGoodman
31-01-2018, 07:35 PM
I just had a king rib for tea.

The grease was running down my arm it was glorious.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2018, 07:36 PM
I'm hame, lads. 5 month old daughter has downed a bottle of milk so she is snoozing.

I'm being served up skewered kebabs and chips from the wife and there's an abundance of crisps and snacks to chase it down with.

Sooooo...what have I missed? I briefly saw Speedway's setup earlier, now that is what I call winning.

Vault Boy
31-01-2018, 07:39 PM
NL confirming Murray, Bain and Allan moves on BBC Alba interview.

McHibby
31-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Tucking into tatties with chilli sauce from The Best Kebab 😀

Aw man... I would sell my granny for some of those tatties at this moment in time. Why the hell did I leave Leith?!

My TDD munchies are noodles, with mixed sweet & salty popcorn and a muckle bag of Maltesers.

Souter96Mac
31-01-2018, 07:41 PM
NL confirming Murray, Bain and Allan moves on BBC Alba interview.

Yass love transfer deadline day. Hopefully get another striker and goalie in and we'll win this league no bother

One Day Soon
31-01-2018, 07:46 PM
I can confirm the Swiss boy has a big head, normal shoulders though.

Smartie
31-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Aw man... I would sell my granny for some of those tatties at this moment in time. Why the hell did I leave Leith?!

My TDD munchies are noodles, with mixed sweet & salty popcorn and a muckle bag of Maltesers.

Those tatties are one of the finest culinary masterpieces to come out of our city.

Had a pile of them with a Berfin kebab last Friday - absolutely magnificent.

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 07:47 PM
I can confirm the Swiss boy has a big head, normal shoulders though.

Feet?