PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine to Ross County?

Onceinawhile
30-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Evening news are reporting Ross County are in for fontaine.

I was told he's allowed to go if there's an offer in, but no idea if there's anything in it.

Wish him good luck if he does go.

Edit: noticed it's in the rumours thread. Feel free to merge 👍

Pretty Boy
30-01-2018, 11:17 PM
If Fontaine had his way he would never leave Hibs. He wants to play though and he isn't going to do that with us.

Wish him well if he does go and wouldn't be surprised to see him back in some capacity in the future.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2018, 11:17 PM
I think it would be a good move for him.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2018, 11:19 PM
I have a lot of time for him and if this move happens he'll get my best wishes and will always be welcome back to Easter Road.

J-C
30-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Think his girlfriend is Scottish and he stays in Bathgate, no interest in going back South, happy to stay up here.

calumhibee1
30-01-2018, 11:26 PM
I have a lot of time for him and if this move happens he'll get my best wishes and will always be welcome back to Easter Road.

100%. A legend at Easter Road. Is it just me that’s a bit sad at how much the cup final team is being broken up? If Fonts goes there’s only 6 out of the 14 left and one of them (McGinn) will be away soon enough. 😭

Onceinawhile
30-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Think his girlfriend is Scottish and he stays in Bathgate, no interest in going back South, happy to stay up here.

He defo stays in Bathgate. I see him on the school run now and again.

CMurdoch
30-01-2018, 11:28 PM
A half season loan would enable us to get him back for next season which would be a good call if Ambrose moves on in the summer as we expect him to do. It would also give Fontaine game time which he hasn't had much of this season.

CL0762
30-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Will be gutted to see Fonts go, with us from the very beginning of Stubbs tenure and seen it all. He deserves to go somewhere where he’ll play though and another one who is a deserved club legend.

.Sean.
30-01-2018, 11:31 PM
I hope not. The cup winning team is really starting to be dismantled and it's gutting.

monktonharp
30-01-2018, 11:33 PM
hope he is still here when the windae shuts. Bathgate has much mair pubs than Dingwall tae, that might swing it:cb

Pretty Boy
30-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Will be gutted to see Fonts go, with us from the very beginning of Stubbs tenure and seen it all. He deserves to go somewhere where he’ll play though and another one who is a deserved club legend.

If you had have told me after his performance at Alloa in his 2nd (I think) game that he would be a club legend a few years later I probably would have thought you were mad.

CL0762
30-01-2018, 11:35 PM
If you had have told me after his performance at Alloa in his 2nd (I think) game that he's be a clib legend a few years later I probably would have thought you were mad.

That was the first game I took my now missus to when we visited back home, what a honking game that was. Sure that was the game Farid done his Achilles?

Sir David Gray
30-01-2018, 11:38 PM
That was the first game I took my now missus to when we visited back home, what a honking game that was. Sure that was the game Farid done his Achilles?

It was.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2018, 11:38 PM

It was.

When you look at our starting 11 and bench that day you see how big a job Stubbs done in turning that start to the season around and into a 2nd place finish.

SON OF PADDY
30-01-2018, 11:49 PM
A half season loan would enable us to get him back for next season which would be a good call if Ambrose moves on in the summer as we expect him to do. It would also give Fontaine game time which he hasn't had much of this season.

You sir are correct. 😁

hibsbollah
31-01-2018, 12:17 AM
We've been very fortunate to have so many good centre backs in recent years, Fontaine would be a first choice for most SPL clubs so it's hardly surprising he's being looked at by Ross County. Surely one of those occasions when a returning player would NOT be booed by Hibs fans, he's been a loyal servant and played very well when called upon.

SRHibs
31-01-2018, 12:28 AM
We've been very fortunate to have so many good centre backs in recent years, Fontaine would be a first choice for most SPL clubs so it's hardly surprising he's being looked at by Ross County. Surely one of those occasions when a returning player would NOT be booed by Hibs fans, he's been a loyal servant and played very well when called upon.

I’d be sad to see him go. Fonts, along with Bartley, are 2 signings that I was initially unsure of, but both became huge assets who evidently love the club.

Brooster
31-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Thanks Liam but no point in paying him to hang around here to be 5th choice centre half.

easty
31-01-2018, 08:27 AM
He'd be a great signing for Ross County.

we are hibs
31-01-2018, 08:31 AM
He's had some highs and some lows.

the Ross county final would've been an emotional roller coaster with him scoring, making a mistake for their goal and then almost scoring an overhead kick to equalise in the 9rd minute. To go through that and then a few days later go to a notoriously difficult venue for hibs on a Wednesday night against the holders and dig out a result showed real character and bottle from him and the rest of that team. Will always be grateful for that day. Only shame is he didn't score as many goals from the chances he used to get. Missed a serious amount of free headers

Onion
31-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Would be sad to se him go. Great professional who always gave his all for Hibs and part of THAT team. Shows how strong our CBs are when Fonts can get a game. Good luck to the big man.

GreenCastle
31-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Legend

Hopefully only a loan move till end of the season.

Underrated player and a great guy also.

GoalsMcGinley
31-01-2018, 09:48 AM
100%. A legend at Easter Road. Is it just me that’s a bit sad at how much the cup final team is being broken up? If Fonts goes there’s only 6 out of the 14 left and one of them (McGinn) will be away soon enough. [emoji24]

And possibly Dylan as well. That squad is being dismantled unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
31-01-2018, 10:16 AM

We're not trying to get rid of Dylan, he's been offered a better contract, if he rejects it there's nowt we can do, certainly not dismantling the squad as such.

Still here Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGinn, McGeouch, Boyle.
Fyvie was offered a deal but took too long to decide, still playing in the championship.
Cummings was always leaving at the end of last season.
Stokes was a loan player and we've seen what's happened since.
Gunnarson was also a loan deal, we offered a contract but he didn't want to be back up.
Keatings was and is a championship level player, no real loss.
Fontaine is now 32 and 5th choice CH, if he leaves, good luck to him, top bloke.

So looking at it it's not really been dismantled, just what happens in football, nothing lasts forever.

-Jonesy-
31-01-2018, 10:19 AM
It would be a shame to see Fonts leave the club but he is against some stiff opposition to find a place in the team at the moment. He clearly loves the club like no other and always played with a huge amount of heart when out on the pitch. Seems like a super nice fella as well.

pacoluna
31-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Why is it unfortunate? Players will always come and go. The club moves on. Fontaine and gray departing imo would benefit both club and themselves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Surprised that no other SPL teams are looking at him. Dingwall is a long way to travel if he is settled here. Even loan to Dunfermline would be better.

Unseen work
31-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Should be involved in the Scott Allan deal.

Dundee will be looking for a replacement if Hendry goes