PDA

View Full Version : Video ref

Peevemor
30-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Rennes are at home to PSG in the French League Cup. Rennes, losing 1-0 'scored' an equaliser causing much mentalness in the stands, only for it to be (correctly) disallowed as the striker controlled the ball with his arm. The thing is it wasn't that obvious - the guy's arm was against his body, and there's no video replay screens for the fans - thus the home support are going bananas and a nasty atmosphere is developing.

Looking like a tasty second half.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Rennes are at home to PSG in the French League Cup. Rennes, losing 1-0 'scored' an equaliser causing much mentalness in the stands, only for it to be (correctly) disallowed as the striker controlled the ball with his arm. The thing is it wasn't that obvious - the guy's arm was against his body, and there's no video replay screens for the fans - thus the home support are going bananas and a nasty atmosphere is developing.

Looking like a tasty second half.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Peevemor
30-01-2018, 09:31 PM
PSG's Mbappe has just been sent off for raking his studs down someone's calf - unseen by the ref but caught on video.

PSG are currently 3-0 up and had a another goal wrongly disallowed despite the video evidence - the ref gave offside even though there was no flag and, I suspect, didn't want to look a dick by overruling himself.

Hibee Mac
30-01-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm already sick of this video referee stuff. No one wants to sit and wait for these decisions to be made and, as much as it might sound daft to some, I want the game to be human, errors and all. It gives us talking points, excitement and most importantly someone to shout at for 90 mins every week.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2018, 10:59 PM
I'm already sick of this video referee stuff. No one wants to sit and wait for these decisions to be made and, as much as it might sound daft to some, I want the game to be human, errors and all. It gives us talking points, excitement and most importantly someone to shout at for 90 mins every week.

Your right Hearts deserve a few breaks in the Derby and we can discuss Leigh's, Forster and Olis "goals "down the pub.much better than getting a result against them.

worcesterhibby
30-01-2018, 11:01 PM

My only hope is this.... EPL finally starts to lose ratings as every match is plagued by constant reference to video refereeing and the pundits have sod all to talk about with bad decisions removed. Meanwhile since the SPL still can't afford goalmouth technology, we are years away from affording Video refs...suddenly we have the only top flight in Europe worth watching and money pours in to Hibs !