PDA

View Full Version : Having a game tomorrow night is crazy

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 03:16 PM
How are managers supposed to operate in the transfer market when their teams are playing?

How are potential targets supposed to concentrate on their games when they know that a bid may be awaiting them at full time?

WTF were the SPFL thinking about? That's rhetorical.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 03:18 PM
How are managers supposed to operate in the transfer market when their teams are playing?

How are potential targets supposed to concentrate on their games when they know that a bid may be awaiting them at full time?

WTF were the SPFL thinking about? That's rhetorical.I'm glad they are though or I'd have wasted a fortune coming up [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibee87
30-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Its not just the SPFL, there is a full English prem card tonight/tomorrow as well

Newry Hibs
30-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Why not just act like the window ends on 30th. Insist on any dealings with any clubs that that is how you operate.

HoboHarry
30-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Why not just act like the window ends on 30th. Insist on any dealings with any clubs that that is how you operate.
So if a 5M bid came in for McGinn we would ignore it?

SRHibs
30-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Makes for some good chat in the boozer though!

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2018, 03:32 PM
So if a 5M bid came in for McGinn we would ignore it?

If it came from Motherwell at 8pm, could he swap sides at half time?

HoboHarry
30-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Only if he promised to live in Motherwell for the next 5 years......

jacomo
30-01-2018, 03:46 PM

WTF were the SPFL thinking about? That's rhetorical.

Just cancel the football and make it all about the transfers.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2018, 04:01 PM
We might want to swop centre forwards at half time!!

Is that allowed?

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Only if he promised to live in Motherwell for the next 5 years......You could own motherwell and surrounding areas for the next 5 years if you put a couple of thousand up front.

hibbyfraelibby
30-01-2018, 04:52 PM
What difference will it make? George Craig does the business.

HoboHarry
30-01-2018, 04:54 PM
You could own motherwell and surrounding areas for the next 5 years if you put a couple of thousand up front.

And think of how much dynamite you could detonate - no-one would notice any difference........

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 04:55 PM
And think of how much dynamite you could detonate - no-one would notice any difference........☺ to be fair they really should have rebuilt it after the war

HoboHarry
30-01-2018, 04:58 PM
☺ to be fair they really should have rebuilt it after the war

Or paid the Germans to come back and finish the job :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 05:07 PM
What difference will it make? George Craig does the business.

Don't you think the players might not be entirely focused on the game, knowing that bids might be coming in for them?

Players like SJM, McGeough, Hanlon and Ambrose for example.

worcesterhibby
30-01-2018, 05:33 PM
If we were playing rangers, you can guarantee that they would put in a derisory bid or two for our best players ahead of the game and make it public that they are chasing them, just to try to put us off.

hibbyfraelibby
30-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Don't you think the players might not be entirely focused on the game, knowing that bids might be coming in for them?

No because none of them are leaving or even thinking they are leaving in this window. The only people with the problem are the obsessives who have ti have something to be obsessed with and cannot concentrate on football on the pitch.

Tell you what if you see Lennon on the phone in the dug out half way through the first half wet yourselves.

lyonhibs
30-01-2018, 06:11 PM

I'd hope not. They are professional players under contract to Hibernian Football Club.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 06:13 PM
No because none of them are leaving or even thinking they are leaving in this window. The only people with the problem are the obsessives who have ti have something to be obsessed with and cannot concentrate on football on the pitch.

Tell you what if you see Lennon on the phone in the dug out half way through the first half wet yourselves.

Really?

You don't think there is the chance of bids for SJM? Don't you think he might be interested in where his future lies?

If someone was potentially going to be discussing my future without me, a future which may mean that I have to relocate and may make me very rich, damn sure I'd be wondering what was going on, whether I was playing football or watching a film.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 06:15 PM
I'd hope not. They are professional players under contract to Hibernian Football Club.

SJM wants a move. We know this. He has admirers in clubs around the UK. We also know this.

Of course he's wondering what will happen.

cmcd
30-01-2018, 06:23 PM
SJM wants a move. We know this. He has admirers in clubs around the UK. We also know this.

Who said JM wants away in this window ??

brianmc
30-01-2018, 06:31 PM
See in the 'olden days', before this ridiculous transfer window system was invented, players and managers were potentially facing the scenario described in the OP every single week.

Seemed to work fine then...

McrHibee
30-01-2018, 06:32 PM
I'm glad they are though or I'd have wasted a fortune coming up [emoji6]

Haha, I was just thinking the same... though I can't really complain at the £24 return train fare from Warrington :greengrin

HoboHarry
30-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Hibbyradge...... :wink:

lyonhibs
30-01-2018, 06:34 PM

He wants a move away this window?? Dare I ask for the source of this?

I'm sure he's capable of wondering what's going on but nevertheless focusing for 90 minutes.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 06:46 PM

He wanted away last window.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2018, 06:47 PM
See in the 'olden days', before this ridiculous transfer window system was invented, players and managers were potentially facing the scenario described in the OP every single week.

Seemed to work fine then...

No they weren't. The transfer window didn't "slam shut" at midnight.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I’d imagine if there is interest in McGinn he will know about it already with personal terms probably agreed.

Pretty sure he can focus on a game with that going on in the background. If amything he might have an extra spring in his step knowing he’s about to earn shed loads!!

w pilton hibby
30-01-2018, 07:00 PM
I’d imagine if there is interest in McGinn he will know about it already with personal terms probably agreed.

Pretty sure he can focus on a game with that going on in the background. If amything he might have an extra spring in his step knowing he’s about to earn shed loads!!

According to Lennon on STV News @ 6:00 there have been no enquiries for McGinn

One Day
30-01-2018, 09:46 PM

made me laugh

Pretty Boy
30-01-2018, 09:49 PM
I'm quite looking forward to the pub rumours beforehand and checking my phone constantly at ER to see what's going on. We might even get a signing announced at half time or full time.

It's a ridiculous day to schedule games really but there will be a bit added excitement as well.

SRHibs
30-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Would be good if we had Hooper signed in time for kick-off.

Stuart93
30-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Surely talk of hooper can't be true? The guys been scoring goals for shef wed??