PDA

View Full Version : Sevco Pitch Invasion at Ross County

Still Smiling
30-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Anyone heard if there is to be an investigation re Sevco fans invading pitch on Sun. Police had to come on and restore order. Not read much about it anywhere!

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 09:16 AM
It'll all come out at the end of season awards, the media and the GFA have jointly nominated them in the Best Scottish Pitch Invasion category.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

snooky
30-01-2018, 09:46 AM
It is my understanding that the phrase the meja use for any pitch invasion initiated by the OF is "High spirits". :coffee:

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Animals

Callum_62
30-01-2018, 09:50 AM
I actually have no issue with what happened

However, its not allowed so should be looked into accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
30-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Overexuberance at Cummings first goal Allowances will be made

snooky
30-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Overexuberance at Cummings first goal Allowances will be made

"Normal" exuberance surely, not 'over'.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Never happened.

High spirits, tiny minority, no threat to public order, good natured. Insert other weasel words here.

MyJo
30-01-2018, 10:07 AM
It's remarkable how the Ross County fans managed to restrain themselves from coming onto the pitch themselves to protect their players.

Bill Milne
30-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Surely the entire County squad had to be rushed to Raigmore Hospital to be treated for severe beatings received at the hands of the Sevco fans?

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 10:11 AM
It's remarkable how the Ross County fans managed to restrain themselves from coming onto the pitch themselves to protect their players.

They just have no sense of civic duty and public order. I mean did these fainthearts even bother to spend any of the game singing historical songs of their commitment to faith and the natural order?

West coast fans put them to shame for their activism.

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Did Ross County accept their losers medals?

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 10:18 AM
They just have no sense of civic duty and public order. I mean did these fainthearts even bother to spend any of the game singing historical songs of their commitment to faith and the natural order?

West coast fans put them to shame for their activism.☺

I always think Scottish Cup Supporters do a better show of the whole sectarian bigot thing than West of Scotland FC supporters, maybe it's because they're actually from so far west they're from norn irn and F all to do with Scotland.

snooky
30-01-2018, 10:21 AM
I await Traynor's condemnation of the invasion with joyful anticipation.

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Exuberant pitch invasions, Jason Cummings baby, runaround sue...... Anything sevco fans want to tell us?

Aim Here
30-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Surely other Premiership fans can all empathize with the Rangers supporters. No matter what team you support, you'd surely be unable to contain your enthusiasm at scoring a second goal in a mid-season league game against bottom-of-the-table Ross County, and it would be a bunch of stony-faced stoics who didn't attempt to rush onto the pitch to celebrate this momentous occasion...

Aldo
30-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Anyone heard if there is to be an investigation re Sevco fans invading pitch on Sun. Police had to come on and restore order. Not read much about it anywhere!

Don’t be silly! It’s the given right to do what they want and get away with it!

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Surely other Premiership fans can all empathize with the Rangers supporters. No matter what team you support, you'd surely be unable to contain your enthusiasm at scoring a second goal in a mid-season league game against bottom-of-the-table Ross County, and it would be a bunch of stony-faced stoics who didn't attempt to rush onto the pitch to celebrate this momentous occasion...

Its the romance of mid January Premiership football

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Exuberant pitch invasions, Jason Cummings baby, runaround sue...... Anything sevco fans want to tell us?Maybe one day they'll win their first ever Scottish cup and can upscale the celebration a bit.

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Strange, I watched it on sky and heard the whole of sportsound after it and none of the furious and offended from 21/5/16 seemed to deem it worth a mention.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 10:41 AM

The long suffering supporters of this club have kept a flame alive in their hearts, cherishing and nursing the hope that some day, some how, they would again see their club triumph 2-1 against Ross County despite the ridicule, the pain, the bitter journey, the setbacks and frankly the agony they have endured in the long, long wait since they last won this fixture 2-1 in what must have seemed like an eternity ago forty days previously.

Onion
30-01-2018, 11:37 AM
A pitch invasion against Ross County sums up perfectly the current aspirations of The club once known as Rangers. While their big sister, Celtic, are enjoying topping the league and playing the cream of Europe. Sevco are kings of the Scottish Highlands 😂

jacomo
30-01-2018, 11:41 AM

No doubt they were goading them in extremis though.

Simply no other explanation for cuddly Sevconians to break the rules.

BegbieHSC
30-01-2018, 11:47 AM
The self restraint shown by Ross County fans was absolutely incredible.
Would it not have been reasonable of them to go and fight some of West of Scotland FC fans, in the face of such goading?
They must do loads of meditation to be such peaceful, turn the other cheek people.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2018, 11:57 AM
The self restraint shown by Ross County fans was absolutely incredible.
Would it not have been reasonable of them to go and fight some of West of Scotland FC fans, in the face of such goading?
They must do loads of meditation to be such peaceful, turn the other cheek people.

:agree: Los of 'Om' chants, just not terribly audible. They should get themselves a gong player.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Jim Traynor will be along soon with a strongly worded baffling statement :greengrin

Ronniekirk
30-01-2018, 12:42 PM
"Normal" exuberance surely, not 'over'.

It was only Ross County But i suppose going back above Aberdeen is a big thing for them as it hasn't happened for do long

James70
30-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Surely Ross County should be hit with a massive fine for not having sufficient security in place :wink:

lyonhibs
30-01-2018, 01:01 PM
What happened? Any footage etc?

OsloHibs
30-01-2018, 01:04 PM

Gonna say the same- what happened?

snooky
30-01-2018, 01:12 PM

"Lost" I suspect.

Oscar T Grouch
30-01-2018, 01:28 PM
"Lost" I suspect.

Yeah defo lost, the BBC had footage of it up, but now it seems it has been mysteriously edited out now!

Aim Here
30-01-2018, 01:33 PM

Here's some phone-pointed-at-TV-screen footage. It's nothing too drastic, just some overexcitable Rangers fans joining in a goal celebration really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYP8zuUA2OA

What's the odds of a Rangers pitch invasion for winning a corner in the Fraserburgh game?

Cabbage East
30-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Every single Ross County player was assaulted or spat on in scenes reminiscent of May 2016, the 1980 riot and the battle of Fallujah.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Every single Ross County player was assaulted or spat on in scenes reminiscent of May 2016, the 1980 riot and the battle of Fallujah.

Blood was spilled. Lives ruined. The nightmares will never end.

OxoHibby
30-01-2018, 03:40 PM
It'll all come out at the end of season awards, the media and the GFA have jointly nominated them in the Best Scottish Pitch Invasion category.

I heard the County massive were goading their players

jacomo
30-01-2018, 03:58 PM
I heard the County massive were goading their players

No doubt about it. The brave Sevconians reluctantly entered the pitch only to protect their players, under extreme provocation.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Traynor allegedly too busy feeding on the 'succulent lamb' to comment.

silverhibee
30-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Don’t be silly! It’s the given right to do what they want and get away with it!

Untouchable and they know it.

Aldo
30-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Untouchable and they know it.

Yip which is totally wrong. Rules for one and rules for others.

Did anything happen to them following the pitch incursion against Partick.... Eh Naw!

30-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Where's all the journalists rushing out to brand it a "disgrace" etc and whipping up false stories about players attacked, spat on etc :confused: They were quick to do it with hibs!

Where's the sevco statement expressing shock and outrage?