PDA

View Full Version : Sitting with the enemy part one- parkhead

humptiedumptie
29-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Looking for a seat rather than a place to stand, last Saturday I found myself in the gods of the Jock Stein stand gazing towards the gathered Hibees far,far away. From where I was sitting, the Hibs support were a silent minority such must be the accouctics of the stadium.During the first half, someone behind me had amused himself by pelting a steward with a paper pellet and when the steward remonstrated with him, he was called a hun *******. At half time in the toilets, there were complaints about a solitary goal lead and at full time, the cry was second best....... to everything despite taking the three points.
Next Saturday to Ibrox, two Hibees and one Leith Hun sitting together in an area called the club deck or something ,where you have blocking pillars. I can feel the pressure already.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Rather you than me. I personally couldn't think of a worse way to watch a game of football.

IWasThere2016
29-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Sat among both .. only once v. Hibs when Colin Murdoch's pen shoot out winner took us to LC final v Livi. Me and another Hibby had a great night as we were with 8 Huns on a Corporate lash :greengrin

Keith_M
29-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Looking for a seat rather than a place to stand, last Saturday I found myself in the gods of the Jock Stein stand gazing towards the gathered Hibees far,far away. From where I was sitting, the Hibs support were a silent minority such must be the accouctics of the stadium.During the first half, someone behind me had amused himself by pelting a steward with a paper pellet and when the steward remonstrated with him, he was called a hun *******. At half time in the toilets, there were complaints about a solitary goal lead and at full time, the cry was second best....... to everything despite taking the three points.
Next Saturday to Ibrox, two Hibees and one Leith Hun sitting together in an area called the club deck or something ,where you have blocking pillars. I can feel the pressure already.

If you're in the Club Deck (top tier), there's no blocking pillars. The pillars are in the part of the stand underneath that (the 'middle tier')

seanoheimhin
29-01-2018, 05:44 PM

Sat among them at Celtic Park for the 2-2 game this season. Was a hard, nervy watch but the fans were fine. Nothing horrific overheard. Wouldn’t be taking my chances at Ibrox...

brianmc
29-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Sat in the club deck many moons ago. Nearly gave myself away when Tam McManus scored a 25 yard rocket into the top corner...... NEARLY - but by then I'd seen how far down the pitch was and didn't fancy my chances of surviving the fall 🤔

frazeHFC
29-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Makes me sick thinking about sitting in amongst all those huns. Rather you than me!

SeanWilson
29-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Wowee - not a chance I could stomach sitting with the huns at ibrox. I can't even spend an evening in the company of my brother in law (Hun).

Scottie
29-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Wowee - not a chance I could stomach sitting with the huns at ibrox. I can't even spend an evening in the company of my brother in law (Hun).
Suppose its your own fault for marrying his sister then. :wink:

Bay Area Hibees
29-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Ibrox 1991
Mickey weir put us 0-1 up.
In toilets at ht guy taking to me “why are not beating this pish?!”
Never again

Ps think we lost 2-1

ancient hibee
29-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Too many softies on here.Us oldies stood shoulder to shoulder with them when they were really scary:greengrin

Iggy Pope
29-01-2018, 07:13 PM
While I've attended all the trouserings we've handed these mugs, I once reluctantly accepted 'hospitality' amongst these *******s for the Calderwood version. What a ****ing pleasant evening. Being a "reptile" has never before been so wholesome.

bigwheel
29-01-2018, 07:14 PM
In the early 80s we use to go into the standing enclosure below the main stand at Ibrox ...there was no segregation...usually a small groups of Hibs fans would huddle together at the broomloan stand end of the enclosure ..but more often than not Your were just mixed in. I recall a 2-2 game (I think) where McArthur saved a late penalty. Me and my mate forgot we were incognito amongst a group of their bams..and jumped and cheered - only to be chased out of the ground back to it bus ...ah those were the days [emoji2]

SideBurns
29-01-2018, 07:18 PM
I mind my auld man (who hadn't quite grasped the new concept of segregation yet) taking me into the Dunbar End for a gemme v Celtic in 1981. There was an auld weedgie alky hardly able to stand swigging fae a half bottle in front of us (he hadn't grasped the new concept of the drink ban!). Ally McLeod scored a first half penalty right in front of us; Jim McArthur saved a 2nd half pen fae Charlie Nicholas. Couldn't celebrate on either occasion, or at full time!!

weecounty hibby
29-01-2018, 07:26 PM
I mind my auld man (who hadn't quite grasped the new concept of segregation yet) taking me into the Dunbar End for a gemme v Celtic in 1981. There was an auld weedgie alky hardly able to stand swigging fae a half bottle in front of us (he hadn't grasped the new concept of the drink ban!). Ally McLeod scored a first half penalty right in front of us; Jim McArthur saved a 2nd half pen fae Charlie Nicholas. Couldn't celebrate on either occasion, or at full time!!
I remember that game really well. Me and my uncle were in the old south stand that day surrounded by them. Not sure how we ended up there as we usually went to the North or behind the goals. I did celebrate but got away with it probably as I was only about 12 at the time. Still not too pleasant though. Sure there was a minutes silence for Johnny Doyle before the game.

SideBurns
29-01-2018, 07:48 PM
I remember that game really well. Me and my uncle were in the old south stand that day surrounded by them. Not sure how we ended up there as we usually went to the North or behind the goals. I did celebrate but got away with it probably as I was only about 12 at the time. Still not too pleasant though. Sure there was a minutes silence for Johnny Doyle before the game.
I think the reason we may have ended up in the Dunbar End was because the queue for the South Stand was huge and the gemme was about to kick off, although as you say we would still have been in amongst the Celtic support anyway. I was 10 so might just have got away with celebrating but I wisnae taking the chance...

29-01-2018, 07:55 PM
I’d be too tempted to just full on celebrate a goal and get launched out.

SeanWilson
30-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Suppose its your own fault for marrying his sister then. :wink:

Other way round and he's even turned her 🤢

Bobby Moore
30-01-2018, 02:25 AM
Was in the Copeland Road upper when a Rangers supporting colleague offered me his absent brothers season ticket. It was when Andy Goram played for us and he ended up unconscious totally out of it for what seemed like an age as play raged on with him totally prostrate on the ground. The ball eventually ended up in our net and the goal stood with a player (never mind keeper) with an an obviously serious head injury being deemed to be irrelevant.
we were 1-0 down at half time but got a second half penalty which Kano whacked home with some aplomb.Joe Mcbride juniors celebrations were exuberant to say the least right in front of the Copeland Road hordes who wanted blood,
Held on for the draw, got through the whole thing without letting an iota of emotion show and raised no suspicion at all re my Hibeeness.
looking back, the madness of youth, would never do it again but survived to tell the tale.

BT58
30-01-2018, 04:36 AM
We were at hunsville ( 80s i think) main stand, we said we would keep quiet. But we started cheering when Keith Wright scored and we were getting abuse from the enclosure below. The huns equalized but Keith Wright hit a last minute winner.

One Day
30-01-2018, 07:37 AM
I have sat in the away end at bot Parkhead and Ibrox. Without a doubt Ibrox was the scarier

surreyhibbie
30-01-2018, 10:00 AM
sat in the main stand at Ibrox many years ago (78/9 maybe?) with my mate.

went there because the "old Men" wouldn't cause any bother. Old men with razor scars and bits of ear missing...

We must have stood out as the only people not wearing scarves, but politely applauded the Rangers' winning goal

never been so scared in my life. Never again.

18Hibee75
30-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Remember a friend telling me this experience he had at parkhead as a hibs fan back in 2003. 6 tickets were bought for them, but two of them in the Celtic end! So him and his mate drew the short straw to sit in with the unwashed for the game. The game finished Celtic 6-0 Hibs... With about half hour to go they decided they'd seen enough and headed to leave, until a Celtic fan noticed and said "Some Celtic fans use are leaving half an hour early!" To which they replied with "We're no ******* Celtic fans, we are Hibs boys" which caused about 30-40 Celtic fans to follow them and chase them out the stadium, only problem was, they decided not to run away and ended up causing havoc outside the stadium...

hughio
30-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Too many softies on here.Us oldies stood shoulder to shoulder with them when they were really scary:greengrin

Remember the shed pre-segregation and pre-alcohol ban?

A wee thin line of coppers with ordinary hats on and just a wee gap between us and the foaming rabid huns.

Ayrshire Hibee
30-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Was in the Copeland Road upper when a Rangers supporting colleague offered me his absent brothers season ticket. It was when Andy Goram played for us and he ended up unconscious totally out of it for what seemed like an age as play raged on with him totally prostrate on the ground. The ball eventually ended up in our net and the goal stood with a player (never mind keeper) with an an obviously serious head injury being deemed to be irrelevant.
we were 1-0 down at half time but got a second half penalty which Kano whacked home with some aplomb.Joe Mcbride juniors celebrations were exuberant to say the least right in front of the Copeland Road hordes who wanted blood,
Held on for the draw, got through the whole thing without letting an iota of emotion show and raised no suspicion at all re my Hibeeness.
looking back, the madness of youth, would never do it again but survived to tell the tale.
I was also in Rangers end for that game (lower enclosure in main stand west) and should have been stopped for gorams injury.....the ref played on till they scored and remember about 5 Hibs trying to stop the ball looping over their heads into the net and micky weir going mental at ref. I remained calm during the whole game as we escaped with a point.....I think we finished with 10 men but will need to check

hibee_nation
30-01-2018, 12:39 PM

We were in the main stand that day when one of the boys set off the ships flare, the huns were going mental thinking we were burning down there stand. It wasn't long after the Bradford fire disaster if i remember right too. Car window was tanned in when we got back to Helen Street. Probably the most posinous atmosphere i have ever experienced. Happy days.

JeMeSouviens
30-01-2018, 01:02 PM
We were at hunsville ( 80s i think) main stand, we said we would keep quiet. But we started cheering when Keith Wright scored and we were getting abuse from the enclosure below. The huns equalized but Keith Wright hit a last minute winner.

KeithKeithKeith didn't sign for Hibs until 1991 and I don't remember him ever scoring a winner v the Old Huns at Ibrox (Hampden, yes :greengrin).

You're maybe thinking of this one? Bomber Harris' finest hour*. :flag:

https://youtu.be/k7rs44AVI6U?t=24m30s

Square goalposts, empty Ibrox, happy days! (except we were mostly pish)

* Actually not, he scored another goal at Ibrox the next season that was much better.

southern hibby
30-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Went to IPox and was in the Hibs end, but outside before the game I saw a boy I worked with ( a big Rangers fan) and had a chat for 5-10 minutes about all things football. On the Monday he came into work with two black eyes and one well out of shaped nose. According to him, he had been given abuse outside by Rangers fans, for being a ( won’t use the derogatory bigoted words, but basically a catholic lover ). When in the ground 3 /4 rangers fans fallowed him into the toilets and beat him up, just for talking to me.

GGTTH

TrinityHibs
30-01-2018, 02:25 PM
I was in the Club Deck with my two sons back in 2014 and having heard the stories was a bit concerned about what we might experience. It might have helped that Hibs didn't win but I didn't hear any sectarian abuse nor did we feel threatened at any time. In fact the character sitting next to me was a genuinely nice guy. As others have said its a long way up but I thought the the view and the seats were better than when I was at Parkhead. Much as it surprises me to say it I enjoyed the Ibrox experience although I can understand that others may have not had as good a time as me. To be fair the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens doesn't get played there too often which might have explained it

Argylehibby
30-01-2018, 04:06 PM
I was also in Rangers end for that game (lower enclosure in main stand west) and should have been stopped for gorams injury.....the ref played on till they scored and remember about 5 Hibs trying to stop the ball looping over their heads into the net and micky weir going mental at ref. I remained calm during the whole game as we escaped with a point.....I think we finished with 10 men but will need to check

Mickey Weir got sent of for the rant at the ref you mentioned.

Ayrshire Hibee
30-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Mickey Weir got sent of for the rant at the ref you mentioned.
Cheers.... I thought that about him getting the red after confronting ref.

Ayrshire Hibee
30-01-2018, 04:39 PM
I've been behind enemy lines at Ibrox during these games.

87- 1-1 Eddie May goal and Alan Rough amazing
88- 1-1 Kane pen down to 10 men
88- 0-1 McCall wonder goal and Goram saved pen
95- 1-3 O'Neil.... I jumped up and punched air and was advised not to do again if we got the winner!!

ValleyHibee
30-01-2018, 06:14 PM
In huns end (enclosure) when G.Murray scored a double in 3-2 defeat and (jungle) when Kano scored in a 1-0 win,celebrated all the goals.

One Day
30-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Went to IPox and was in the Hibs end, but outside before the game I saw a boy I worked with ( a big Rangers fan) and had a chat for 5-10 minutes about all things football. On the Monday he came into work with two black eyes and one well out of shaped nose. According to him, he had been given abuse outside by Rangers fans, for being a ( won’t use the derogatory bigoted words, but basically a catholic lover ). When in the ground 3 /4 rangers fans fallowed him into the toilets and beat him up, just for talking to me.

GGTTH

This about sums them up

Stantons Angel
30-01-2018, 08:25 PM
just at the start of the all ticket situation for Hibs games away to the Glasgow teams i travelled on the bus through and suddenly remembered i hadnt bought a ticket.

I had to get one in the Rangers end from the wee cabin outside the Copeland Road stand and off i went.

It was absolute torture when Keith Houchen score the winner. I had to literally sit on my hands and stifle the smug smiles.

Walking back through the masses of hun supporters i had to listen to bigotry at its worst!

Once back on the bus i could smile and calm myself down. What an experience never to be repeated!

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Early 80s went to main stand at ibrox 4 of us. no scarves no nothing kept quiet. At halftime one of the mates went to toilet and never came back. We went to look for him and he was being attended to by the medics. Apparently they were watching us through the match waiting for us individually.
Made no difference not wearing colors they listen for our accents.
Never been back nor likely to for a Hibs rangers at ibrox.
Hate that place with a passion. Worst type of people on this earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Leaving that ibrox again by bus one time and the rats tried opening the emergency door on the bus. So we duly obliged. Our back seat got out and and gave them a hiding. Edinburgh west !

BullsCloseHibs
31-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Bizarre post.

What can i say? Don't sit in home end next time perhaps?

Ringothedog
31-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Leaving that ibrox again by bus one time and the rats tried opening the emergency door on the bus. So we duly obliged. Our back seat got out and and gave them a hiding. Edinburgh west !

Edinburgh West are the best nanananana

merseyhibs
31-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Edinburgh West are the best nanananana

Lol[emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji482][emoji23][emoji106]GGTTH