PDA

View Full Version : Signings

hfcnic
29-01-2018, 07:20 AM
I am starting to get worried about our lack of signings. While other teams are strengthening their squad we seem to be going the opposite way. Stokes looks to be out of favour and we have no one scoring regularly. Lets hope we see some movement today and tomorrow.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 07:21 AM
I am starting to get worried about our lack of signings. While other teams are strengthening their squad we seem to be going the opposite way. Stokes looks to be out of favour and we have no one scoring regularly. Lets hope we see some movement today and tomorrow.

Aye?

Hibbyradge
29-01-2018, 07:23 AM
I'm surprised that there isn't another thread about this issue.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 07:25 AM
I'm surprised that there isn't another thread about this issue.

lol.

I wonder what Monday morning Yams who don't fancy doing much work turn to as an alternative?

we are hibs
29-01-2018, 07:28 AM
lol.

I wonder what Monday morning Yams who don't fancy doing much work turn to as an alternative?

People being called "yams" every time they start a thread is getting tiresome as ****.

as for the actual thread no wonder people are worried, we are powderpuff upfront and only 2 days away from the window closing and still no closer to that changing.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 07:30 AM
People being called "yams" every time they start a thread is getting tiresome as ****.

as for the actual thread no wonder people are worried, we are powderpuff upfront and only 2 days away from the window closing and still no closer to that changing.

Aye?

Ardenttwo
29-01-2018, 07:49 AM

You are absolutely right on this and it’s getting tiresome on your first point. It’s getting to the point if you give an opinion that some don’t agree with you are a “Yam”

jacomo
29-01-2018, 07:51 AM

Apart from the 3 new players who have been signed this window, when are we going to make a signing?

B.H.F.C
29-01-2018, 07:58 AM
Apart from the 3 new players who have been signed this window, when are we going to make a signing?

Numbers are fine but a signing who is ready to play and that can help us solve some of our problems would be handy.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 08:12 AM
You are absolutely right on this and it’s getting tiresome on your first point. It’s getting to the point if you give an opinion that some don’t agree with you are a “Yam”

Not half as tiresome as the mixture of clear trolling by Yams, incontinent posting by attention seekers and monotonous 'we're all doomed' posting by others. Much of which, funnily enough, has begun since we lost to the Yams last week and they have started to come out from under their rocks for the first time in literally years.

All of this in the midst of a revival in our fortunes that sees us fourth in the league, packing the ground, aiming for Europe, with a squad that is improving and strengthening and an excellent manager who has turned us from soft touches into a team that is dangerously close to being very, very good indeed.

So yeah, I see Yam people.

GreenOnions
29-01-2018, 09:16 AM
I agree that Rangers and Aberdeen appear to have strengthened this window but you can only really say for sure once the new guys start playing for their new club. Celtic don't really matter.

Hearts are our main rivals for fourth spot. I don't really think they have strengthened their playing squad though. They've lost arguably two of their better players and signed one excellent but ageing player for six months.

They have improved a lot under Levein but that improvement started a couple of months ago and is down to defensive organisation and belief rather than player transfers. Their transfer business has re-balanced them and may turn out to be positive for them but it's not certain. Their playing squad is probably thinner now than it was before the window. During that period of their improvement we've played them twice at Tynecastle - we deserved to win one game and narrowly lost the other.

You've got to be careful in the January window. Few players available and high prices quoted. We've brought in necessary cover for a couple of positions and a penalty box striker with an international pedigree. We tried to get Niall McGinn but failed for understandable reasons. Stokes is a quality player and his loss is worrying us but it is quite possible that McLaren could end up being more valuable to us.

We're fourth in the table with a four point advantage over the team behind us and we've just played Celtic away. IMHO we have the players and manager to retain that position to the end of the season - especially if McLaren can add goals to our team.

allmodcons
29-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Not half as tiresome as the mixture of clear trolling by Yams, incontinent posting by attention seekers and monotonous 'we're all doomed' posting by others. Much of which, funnily enough, has begun since we lost to the Yams last week and they have started to come out from under their rocks for the first time in literally years.

All of this in the midst of a revival in our fortunes that sees us fourth in the league, packing the ground, aiming for Europe, with a squad that is improving and strengthening and an excellent manager who has turned us from soft touches into a team that is dangerously close to being very, very good indeed.

100% agree ODS.

Some of the nonsense that's been posted on these boards since we lost to the Yams is nothing short of embarrassing.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 09:25 AM

You do realise yam is the *****st insult ever? I prefer Hearts bassas. For what it's worth I reckon you've an unhealthy Potter like obsession with "yams" or deep deep undercover.

The OP has a point. None of our signings so far have featured or hit the ground walking even with 2 days left of the window. We collectively just seem to be slagging off all the other clubs signings whilst sitting waiting to adddress our on field issues.

Stewboy
29-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Numbers are fine but a signing who is ready to play and that can help us solve some of our problems would be handy.

True. Sitting 4th in the league in our 1st season back up is a disgrace

bigwheel
29-01-2018, 09:31 AM

I think most (if not all?) fans are happy with our current league position. Equally though, most will recognise that our results have not been good in recent weeks (months?) and that we are not scoring enough goals to keep in 4th place ...so it is somewhat understandable for fans to be currently a bit anxious. let's hope we get a couple in, and some of the new signings start to contribute :aok:

B.H.F.C
29-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Odd comment considering I never said anything of the kind.

hfcnic
29-01-2018, 09:37 AM
lol.

Canny have an opinion now.

I forgot unless its pre approved by the regular posters you canny say anything on here.

Glad you all seem happy that we dont have anyonr that can score goals. Are Shaw and Murray really up to it? Why is murray no getting more of a run

lord bunberry
29-01-2018, 09:40 AM
I think we’ll finish below Hearts with our current squad. Our lack of goals has really started to cost us. Stokes has to be brought back or replaced properly. If McGinn goes it will also be a huge blow to our season.

ancient hibee
29-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Unlike the free scoring Hearts:greengrin

Eaststandee
29-01-2018, 09:46 AM

This :top marks

Hibbyradge
29-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Canny have an opinion now.

I forgot unless its pre approved by the regular posters you canny say anything on here.

Gotta love it when folk play the victim card. :faf:

You can post what you want as long as it's not offensive. People may disagree with you or suspect that you have an agenda.

That applies to regular posters, newbies, and yam imposters

HNA7
29-01-2018, 09:59 AM

Well you'd better start pointing them out to the Admin team because we don't see them. We had one reported to us yesterday, despite the fact that the person had been a member on here for years and is clearly a Hibs fan.

Just because they post something you don't like it doesn't make them a Hearts fan.

Bostonhibby
29-01-2018, 10:01 AM
You do realise yam is the *****st insult ever? I prefer Hearts bassas. For what it's worth I reckon you've an unhealthy Potter like obsession with "yams" or deep deep undercover.

The OP has a point. None of our signings so far have featured or hit the ground walking even with 2 days left of the window. We collectively just seem to be slagging off all the other clubs signings whilst sitting waiting to adddress our on field issues.

Ugly misshapen pinkish brown vegetable, what's not too like?

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 10:04 AM

What?

And nah.

Mikey
29-01-2018, 10:07 AM

Lago
29-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Aye?
Aye, seems to be the only input you have these days. Boring.

CropleyWasGod
29-01-2018, 10:10 AM

A yoni-yam.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 10:11 AM

It's Shan.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 10:12 AM
And nah.

👍

Bostonhibby
29-01-2018, 10:12 AM
It's Shan.

Plenty seem to like using it though, and seems to touch a raw nerve amongst the yammish community.

Lago
29-01-2018, 10:13 AM
:top marks
Well you'd better start pointing them out to the Admin team because we don't see them. We had one reported to us yesterday, despite the fact that the person had been a member on here for years and is clearly a Hibs fan.

Just because they post something you don't like it doesn't make them a Hearts fan.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Plenty seem to like using it though, and seems to touch a raw nerve amongst the yammish community.

It does? Fair dos I don't know many tbh. Certainly not something I would use as an insult but I suppose it's more classier than their obsession with sisters, aids and anal sex.

Bostonhibby
29-01-2018, 10:18 AM
It does? Fair dos I don't know many tbh. Certainly not something I would use as an insult but I suppose it's more classier than their obsession with sisters, aids and anal sex.

I'm with you there. You can take the piss without plunging too low, dependent on the occasion:greengrin

The terms been around since I was a lad...................................

Borderhibbie76
29-01-2018, 10:22 AM

So yeah, I see Yam people.Best post I've read on here in ages top marks mate...some of the nonsense on here since that narrowest of narrow derby defeats has been crazy and ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
29-01-2018, 10:29 AM

I was clearly talking about upfront.

We started the window with 4 strikers. One of which hasn't kicked a ball all season, one who's in the process of leaving, one who's not scored since November and a young laddie. We signed the Australian boy and he's been on the bench 3 times and had 15 minutes from the bench. If stokes goes that leaves us with Shaw, Murray, Maclaren and the big Lithuanian who Lennon clearly doesn't fancy. Not to mention the fact we've scored 2 goals in 5 games do you not think we need a striker?

Gordy M
29-01-2018, 10:29 AM

What is boring is the constant negativety on here and posters continually posting rubbish. We have folk on here compaining that Lennon attended a 'celtic' function....wrong. Not signed any players.....wrong. Yet when they are pulled up they compain and continue to post it again and again? Most folk can accept reading opinions but when it is constantly against the team we are all meant to support then yes it does become boring and tiresome.

FilipinoHibs
29-01-2018, 10:33 AM

Clearly a Yam bored in a Monday morning. Go to the Hibs transfer thread.

Eaststand
29-01-2018, 10:36 AM
What is boring is the constant negativety on here and posters continually posting rubbish. We have folk on here compaining that Lennon attended a 'celtic' function....wrong. Not signed any players.....wrong. Yet when they are pulled up they compain and continue to post it again and again? Most folk can accept reading opinions but when it is constantly against the team we are all meant to support then yes it does become boring and tiresome.

That about sums it up for me too bud

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
29-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Bain - excellent signing.
MacLaren - looks decent and was Hearts first choice before Naismith.
Rherras - Provides good cover at RB and LB.

What more do people want?

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 10:54 AM

You're kidding, right?

MrSmith
29-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Bang on!!! :top marks

GreenPJ
29-01-2018, 11:00 AM
You're kidding, right?

At the end of December before Portugate happened what would you have suggested the needs were for the team?

Arch Stanton
29-01-2018, 11:07 AM

It would be a very strange state of affairs if there wern't any undercover Yams, some going years back possibly. It's pretty obvious there are undercovers Hibbies on Kick back after all.

Anyway, I donl't really see how negative posts don't deserve negative responses.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2018, 11:10 AM
You're kidding, right?

Why don't you tell us what you think would consitute realistic signing targets. That would be helpful and constructive of you.

My_Wife_Camille
29-01-2018, 11:10 AM

Hermit Crab

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Surely to god we don’t need another thread about signings when we have a couple already. Wouldn’t you say that’s tiresome?

Eaststandee
29-01-2018, 11:14 AM
There should be a tick next to proven Hibs fans names like seen on Twitter

You prove yourself by writing a 20,000 word essay on how beautiful Sir David Grays head is.

Wilson
29-01-2018, 11:16 AM

I look at a few weeks ago. We were going well. Stokes hadn't started to fire but we know his talent so there was the prospect for improvement. But for letting a couple of results slip we could have been sitting second. Lennon is quoted as saying just that.

Now the mood has shifted. Instead of talking about where we could (should) have been we're talking about how good it is for a promoted team to be fourth. I suspect we'd say the same in 5th and possibly 6th - which is the disappointment for me.

Perhaps that is just a normal adjustment of expectations for a newly promoted team. We'd have had no right to be second and, in our first season back, we will finish nowhere near.

I agree with the more positive posters though who say we are not far away from being a very good team. The right signings might well have seen us compete and stay in the top 4. The problem is that the signings you mention aren't going to make us THAT very good team. That must be where some fans frustrations lie. It isn't that we are not active in the transfer market it is that, for me, I don't see them bringing about significant improvement. The worse case could be that they wont bring about improvement enough to hold off the improving teams around us.

Bain isn't a bad signing but he isn't significantly better than we have already. The papers are being cheeky constantly describing Reherras as a Hearts flop but he will be a good squad player. MacLaren is unproven in Scotland. He wont be as good as Stokes at his best but then we haven't seen Stokes at his best in a good while - the jury is out on MacLaren.

The signings smack of holding on rather than kicking on.

What more do people want? Improvement.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 11:16 AM
At the end of December before Portugate happened what would you have suggested the needs were for the team?

A creative midfielder a right back that gets a game and a forward poacher.

Bain long term could be a brilliant signing, I've no idea why McLaren hasn't been given a shot yet and although Rherras has good attitude and hates they flumps if he can't get a game now then when will he?

GreenPJ
29-01-2018, 11:34 AM
A creative midfielder a right back that gets a game and a forward poacher.

Bain long term could be a brilliant signing, I've no idea why McLaren hasn't been given a shot yet and although Rherras has good attitude and hates they flumps if he can't get a game now then when will he?

So I think Bain is better than Laidlaw and the young Polish keeper whilst highly rated is still an untested quantity at senior level, I think the improvement in Rocky's performance have indicated he feels the pressure from Bain and so that has been a good signing.

We have signed a right back and a penalty box striker - admittedly I am struggling to understand why neither have any/much game time yet although McLaren had a knock in Portugal I believe so am guessing that might be part of the reason - we can question some of the managers decisions but actually the club have addressed those two gap areas you highlighted.

The attacking midfielder I agree but think we are all waiting on whether Swanson could fulfill that role or what budget might be for a McGinn replacement. Neither have materialized to date although I would still like to think Swanson could be the missing link.

I think with the Stokes fiasco it highlights we need another striker and by all accounts we still have the Swiss boy on trial so that may fill that void. I personally think in what is recognised as being a pretty rubbish window for improving quality unless you pay ridiculous money (which we never will) I think we have done OK. I think there is something a little wrong with the current first team mentality at the moment and some of that may be down to the window (will McGinn/McGeoch go) but I think the first team and first team squad are in decent shape we just need to get focussed again and sign a striker.

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 11:36 AM

You prove yourself by writing a 20,000 word essay on how beautiful Sir David Grays head is.

😂 I second this!!!!

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Admins seem to have managed to nail two of them already in the last week or so, though perhaps they were launched for other reasons.

Where Yammery is concerned I tend to post in response if I either think someone may be a Yam or if they are regurgitating stuff that reads like Yam trolling regurgitated by posters who ought to know better. I guess those posters make their own arguments (or not) unless they self-destruct with HHGH and such like.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:39 AM

Nah.

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 11:39 AM

The same MacLaren that only gets 5 mins? Bain is back up to Rocky, and Rherras is back up as well. We have lost Stokes and I’m sure big Dave will finally be punted as we have the Swiss lad.

I still think we need a creative midfielder and another striker!

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:40 AM
👍

Nice painting.

we are hibs
29-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Surely to god we don’t need another thread about signings when we have a couple already. Wouldn’t you say that’s tiresome?

Possibly. But it doesn't make him a "yam" does it?

Captain Trips
29-01-2018, 11:41 AM
The same MacLaren that only gets 5 mins? Bain is back up to Rocky, and Rherras is back up as well. We have lost Stokes and I’m sure big Dave will finally be punted as we have the Swiss lad.

You getting a sniff of anything else happening in or out?

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:42 AM

Best effect is when used in conjunction with Fud, ie Yam Fud.

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Possibly. But it doesn't make him a "yam" does it?

No it doesn’t, I do think there has been one or two over the past week that’s maybe creeped through though, so it’s maybe got a few backs up. Then when you start a thread when there is another couple talking about signings I can see why a couple may get suspicious.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:44 AM

Yup. And you can add the whole Lennon for Scotland nonsense to that.

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 11:44 AM
You getting a sniff of anything else happening in or out?

I’ve heard nothing since I was told the Swiss guy has signed. I’d love to see another couple but we really don’t have the money until we offload a couple.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Hermit Crab

I think we're into "He's Spartacus" territory here.

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 11:52 AM

I'm going to completely disagree - I think we need two new full backs with pace.

What we have just now doesn't allow them to be wing backs so they never get forward to double up on the opposition backs with pace and they often get caught in defence due to lack of pace.

If we had these we would leak fewer goals and create a hell of a lot more chances from which to score. We'd get forward faster with the players we already have which means instead of trying to multi-pass our way through defences we would cut through them a lot quicker before they had a chance to settle back into their defensive patterns.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 11:56 AM

I've contacted the admin on here through my twitter feed and my sons middle name is Gray because of that beautiful napper of his. Also just posted the attached.

I ****in hate hearts and love my Hibees. Any pressing concern getting called one of them is tedious.

Lago
29-01-2018, 12:02 PM
I've contacted the admin on here through my twitter feed and my sons middle name is Gray because of that beautiful napper of his. Also just posted the attached.

I ****in hate hearts and love my Hibees. Any pressing concern getting called one of them is tedious.
Best ignore them, sticks and stones etc

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Nice painting.

Thanks. 👍

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Best ignore them, sticks and stones etc

True. Being called a Jambo flump must infuriate any Hibee though.

hhibs
29-01-2018, 01:24 PM

ehhhhhhhhhh Goals perchance !

GreenPJ
29-01-2018, 02:14 PM
ehhhhhhhhhh Goals perchance !

I agree, the comment was in relation to an earlier comment that the window had been very poor and we had numerous gaps. We have signed (at least) one striker who may or may not be the answer, clearly on the back of the Stokes farce we need a second forward but beyond that I think we have done what was expected.

FitbaFolkKen
29-01-2018, 03:00 PM

Cynic

:greengrin

Kato
29-01-2018, 03:05 PM
I am starting to get worried about our lack of signings.

You've come to exactly the wrong place, you'll end up a nervous wreck. :greengrin

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 08:50 PM
True. Being called a Jambo flump must infuriate any Hibee though.

So what finally got this one kicked?