PDA

View Full Version : McGeough

GoalsMcGinley
28-01-2018, 01:40 PM
As much as I like Dylan as a player and he will forever be a legend for that day in May the longer it goes without him signing a deal the less likely it seems he will. Personally I would give him a deadline and then if no deal is signed look to phase him out over the next few months by reducing his game time and look towards next season and beyond. I am very much hoping he does sign but like I said, longer it goes on more chance he will move elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
28-01-2018, 01:42 PM
As much as I like Dylan as a player and he will forever be a legend for that day in May the longer it goes without him signing a deal the less likely it seems he will. Personally I would give him a deadline and then if no deal is signed look to phase him out over the next few months by reducing his game time and look towards next season and beyond. I am very much hoping he does sign but like I said, longer it goes on more chance he will move elsewhere.

We’ve had a lot of players recently who have not signed a new deal until the end of the season.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2018, 01:44 PM

I am guessing that have based this opinion on absolutely nothing ?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2018, 01:45 PM
If/When you’re offered 2 bags of sweeties... :)

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:52 PM
If we phased out or dropped arguably our best player for not signing a new deal, we would only be hurting ourselves...cutting off our nose to spite our face.

calumhibee1
28-01-2018, 01:56 PM

No thanks. Along with Stokes who might potentially be here and Whittaker that would be three players still taking a wage and contributing nothing.

Vini1875
28-01-2018, 02:50 PM
I don't really see it as an issue in this transfer window. I am sure between now and May Dylan will have let the club know what his plans are.

Peevemor
28-01-2018, 03:00 PM
I don't really see it as an issue in this transfer window. I am sure between now and May Dylan will have let the club know what his plans are.Because he's free to sign a pre-contract agreement elsewhere.

Mr White
28-01-2018, 03:10 PM
He'll probably head off to Hearts with Dempster.

Waxy
28-01-2018, 03:40 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPhase him out lol

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 03:50 PM

Believe it or not according to some on there they have been In tough regards to getting Dylan. 😂😂

Mr White
28-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Believe it or not according to some on there they have been In tough regards to getting Dylan. 😂😂

I have no trouble believing that at all Cat :greengrin

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Only if we get young Zico Cochrane and Gary Locke as Director of Golden Shower Operations in exchange. Anything less and spit in their eye I say.

Lago
29-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Is he anyway near making a decision on wether to sign or not?

hibees 7062
29-01-2018, 02:39 PM

And Stokes

The_Horde
29-01-2018, 02:41 PM

He struggles enough to steer clear of leg injuries as it is, I highly doubt he wants to go there and get neck strains from watching the ball sail over his heed.

Winston Ingram
29-01-2018, 02:43 PM
It amazes me that after 3.5 years people still can't spell his name.:aok:

Vini1875
29-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Because he's free to sign a pre-contract agreement elsewhere.

I get that, but we have made an improved offer which is likely to be the very most we can pay. He is not going to leave before the end of the season and if he does decide to go there is nothing to be done at this stage. All the power is with Dylan.

Peevemor
29-01-2018, 04:34 PM
I get that, but we have made an improved offer which is likely to be the very most we can pay. He is not going to leave before the end of the season and if he does decide to go there is nothing to be done at this stage. All the power is with Dylan.So what if he signs a pre contract with Aberdeen and we end up going toe to toe with them for a league place?

jacomo
29-01-2018, 05:53 PM
I get that, but we have made an improved offer which is likely to be the very most we can pay. He is not going to leave before the end of the season and if he does decide to go there is nothing to be done at this stage. All the power is with Dylan.

Can’t imagine we would have made an improved offer unless we knew that Dylan was receptive to staying.

ancient hibee
29-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Think you’ve got that the wrong way round.He’ll be receptive to staying if we offer him a better contract than Aberdeen.

jacomo
29-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Think you’ve got that the wrong way round.He’ll be receptive to staying if we offer him a better contract than Aberdeen.

Well it’s all the same in the end if we get his signature!

AZhibee
30-01-2018, 03:49 AM

Indeed why would he not just go to the highest bidder - won't take a pay cut to play there.

AZhibee
30-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Do other people ever think that Dylan would be well positioned playing in place of Bartley? Would offer a little more going forward and would have quality behind him in Hanlon, McGregor, and Ambrose in center.

AZhibee
30-01-2018, 04:16 AM
It amazes me that after 3.5 years people still can't spell his name.:aok:

Is it Dillon?:dunno:

snooky
30-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Is it Dillon?:dunno:

It's Dylan McGeouch. I suspect it's his surname that most people find difficult to spell correctly.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Only if we get young Zico Cochrane and Gary Locke as Director of Golden Shower Operations in exchange. Anything less and spit in their eye I say.

:greengrin

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 08:59 AM

Ummm...

J-C
30-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Do other people ever think that Dylan would be well positioned playing in place of Bartley? Would offer a little more going forward and would have quality behind him in Hanlon, McGregor, and Ambrose in center.

Lennon was praising him after the Celtic game, said how pleased he was in the way he sat deep and controlled the game. Dylan may have been more forward thinking in his younger days but he's a far better player sitting in the deeper playmaker role similar to where Scott Brown plays, he plays with his head up, good vision and never panics when on the ball.

chippy
30-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Lennon was praising him after the Celtic game, said how pleased he was in the way he sat deep and controlled the game. Dylan may have been more forward thinking in his younger days but he's a far better player sitting in the deeper playmaker role similar to where Scott Brown plays, he plays with his head up, good vision and never panics when on the ball.
Correct it was the role he played so brilliantly in the cup final

J-C
30-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Correct it was the role he played so brilliantly in the cup final

Everyone keeps saying we need Bartley in the big games against Celtic, Hearts etc but saturday's performance showed that to be nonsense, we controlled a lot of the game but it was again our lack of creativity up top that beat us, something bemoaned again by Lennon post match.

CMurdoch
30-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Everyone keeps saying we need Bartley in the big games against Celtic, Hearts etc but saturday's performance showed that to be nonsense, we controlled a lot of the game but it was again our lack of creativity up top that beat us, something bemoaned again by Lennon post match.

Yeah, It was interesting that we didn't need Bartley to keep control.

J-C
30-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Yeah, It was interesting that we didn't need Bartley to keep control.

By allowing 2 midfielders the freedom to go forward means Celtic had to think about their own attacks, their goal came from a slight mistake by Hanlon but very well taken by Griffiths and we were unlucky McGregor was a fraction late to clear it off the line. The commentator did say that Slivka had a fine game and was involved in a lot of play, Bartley's injury means we're playing a better balanced midfield.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Mcgeough... won't last a full season no matter where he goes

jacomo
30-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Right...

Sammy7nil
30-01-2018, 01:20 PM

He is doing just fine this season

J-C
30-01-2018, 01:32 PM

Does this season not count then :confused:

Lee Marvin
30-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Solid contribution to the thread

snooky
03-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Second deal on the table it's been said. What's happening?
Will it be withdrawn (a-la- Fyvie) if not signed by a certain date?
Has Dylan signed already?
Has he agreed to go to the sheep when his contract here runs out in the summer?
I like Dylan. Hope he stays.

Jones28
03-02-2018, 09:58 AM

He's doing a good job of it at the moment.

Captain Trips
03-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Well if he wont last a full season I would rather that was at Hibs and not a rival.

eastcoasthibby
03-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Hope/glad your not managing our team and club ...

eastcoasthibby
03-02-2018, 11:20 AM
A key player for us and if his future is still undecided thats the way it goes, he is definitely not lowering his committment and desire in games, still goes round applauding the fans after games, showing the right attitude and delivering for us, thats all we can ask ...and hope decides to stay ...something also to think about in respect of between now and the end of the season is he is in the shop window and good performances will affect his next contract and wages !! Not being injured also comes into it.

Nicho87
03-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Said it once I'll say it again. If McGeouch was playing for a Motherwell or Dundee. I'd be delighted to see hibs looking to sign him.
Keeping him is vital

Is It On....
03-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Hopefully Mr Allan can provide the "killer" passes in the next few months.

FifeHibs
03-02-2018, 09:25 PM
First player over to the fans today. Hopefully signs new contract.

A few boys in the office in Aberdeen said Stewart Milne was at what they call a " top 50" in Aberdeen which is the top 50 businessmen and women in Aberdeen but he has put all his money into getting Christie from Celtic. Hopefully Leaves Dylan to Hibs

18Hibee75
04-02-2018, 12:54 AM
First player over to the fans today. Hopefully signs new contract.

A few boys in the office in Aberdeen said Stewart Milne was at what they call a " top 50" in Aberdeen which is the top 50 businessmen and women in Aberdeen but he has put all his money into getting Christie from Celtic. Hopefully Leaves Dylan to HibsI always notice this, been to almost every away game this season and everyone I've been at he's been the first to wall over to the fans and appreciate us. He's also one of our best players, sign that contract ASAP please.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

pacoluna
04-02-2018, 03:33 AM
I always notice this, been to almost every away game this season and everyone I've been at he's been the first to wall over to the fans and appreciate us. He's also one of our best players, sign that contract ASAP please.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Home games aswell, it doesn't go unnoticed.

poolman
04-02-2018, 06:18 AM

Is this a serious post :dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Is this a serious post :dunno:

Thought McGinley was a ref?