PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Ibrox

fife hfc
28-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Anybody suggest where to park near Ibrox. Never driven through before and know certain areas will be a no go area.😂

Hermit Crab
28-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Try the away fans car park right outside the away end.

green&left
28-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Anybody suggest where to park near Ibrox. Never driven through before and know certain areas will be a no go area.😂

Keep your scarf away and there are "no" no go areas. Its Govan you're heading to not Gaza :greengrin

Anyway for easiness you're probably best using the away car park right behind our section. Costs about 6-7 quid per car. Get there early as it was full the last time. Also expect to wait about 45 minutes after you're at the car before you move, its gridlocked and Police Scotland can't be arsed managing traffic around Ibrox these days...

Carheenlea
28-01-2018, 01:48 PM
The designated car park for Hibs fans was actually free earlier in the season. Considering how it was suggested that we might not be getting use of said car park like we had in the past, Hibs had seemingly negotiated with Rangers to ensure we still got the facility, but while it was £7 in the past, it was free last time round. Sure the club will advise in due course, but it is the safest option and just a short walk to the Broomloan. The wait afterwards is a bit of a nuisance, but can't have it all ways.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Has it been confirmed we’re getting this?

BearsdenHibby
28-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Has it been confirmed we’re getting this?

Yes, it's on the official site and it is free of charge again, you need to get there early though, as it was full pretty early at the last game.

We ended up parking further down Broomloan Road, which was surprisingly okay, as we had missed the bulk of the crowd by that point, the way back was a bit more problematic, but, we didn't really care by that point! :wink:

Sir David Gray
28-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Away fans car park confirmed on the Hibs website for next week. Free of charge for all.

I would get there early though as it doesn't take long to fill up and I wouldn't recommend parking anywhere else if you intend to see your car in one piece after the match.

fife hfc
28-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Away fans car park confirmed on the Hibs website for next week. Free of charge for all.

I would get there early though as it doesn't take long to fill up and I wouldn't recommend parking anywhere else if you intend to see your car in one piece after the match.

Thanks

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2018, 06:10 PM

Harthill...your wheels might be missing but at least the natives wont have torched it too😁

HH81
28-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Is there any need to come across as so blunt? Is it because they have not posted they are an away season ticket holder and a supporter up to you're high standards.

S4uzee
28-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Looking for two spares if they’re going, would happily take 1 however.

Any help would be appreciated.

fife hfc
28-01-2018, 07:28 PM
Is there any need to come across as so blunt? Is it because they have not posted they are an away season ticket holder and a supporter up to you're high standards.

I only passed my test a year ago, so travelled to games by train previously. Couldn’t get a ticket for Ibrox at start of season but only missed that game and the midweek games at Killie and Dundee if that makes me more worthy🤣

HH81
28-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I only passed my test a year ago, so travelled to games by train previously. Couldn’t get a ticket for Ibrox at start of season but only missed that game and the midweek games at Killie and Dundee if that makes me more worthy🤣

Even if it was your first ever Hibs game everyone is still worthy 😁

Billy Whizz
28-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Yes, it's on the official site and it is free of charge again, you need to get there early though, as it was full pretty early at the last game.

We ended up parking further down Broomloan Road, which was surprisingly okay, as we had missed the bulk of the crowd by that point, the way back was a bit more problematic, but, we didn't really care by that point! :wink:

Thanks

Lancs Harp
28-01-2018, 09:38 PM
A car in Govan? The local neanderthals will probably build a Stonehenge style shrine around it.

mca
28-01-2018, 10:17 PM
A car in Govan? The local neanderthals will probably build a Stonehenge style shrine around it.

Can remember my dad parking up somewhere Dodgy near ibrox back in the late 80's.. Midweek game..

Wee laddie says " £2 quid and i'll watch yer motor mate "

my dad said " i will gie ye a fiver if you make sure its safe.. but i'll pay u when i get back.. "

Wee laddie even washed the motor and waited by it for his fiver..

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 10:20 PM
"Here mate I will watch yer car while at match."

"No your OK son I have a rottweiler in the back seat"

"Ahh so you do, can it put out a fire though?"

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 11:45 PM

Totally this.

Safety in numbers.

Carheenlea
29-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Good to hear that the car park has been secured for travelling Hibs fans this Saturday - good work from Hibs, and to again have free parking is terrific.
£7 for a car was always a dent in the wallet, certainly if travelling alone. No idea what the buses were charged, but would imaging maybe a few quid more?
I guess the police would be keen to have Hibs fans retain the car park also to assist with crowd management and post match segregation.