PDA

View Full Version : Potter

G B Young
28-01-2018, 12:38 PM
It's not just down to him being a yam fud, I found his arrogance repellent as Scotland and Dundee United boss too. Yesterday's post-match quotes are classic Potter, basically giving the impression that he is the ultimate authority on the game and that referees should defer to his opinion. The Motherwell boss mentions that he thought that they also might have had a penalty, but with none of know-it-all Levein's pomposity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42848068

Has the guy ever acknowledged what a disaster he was as Scotland boss, or held his hands up and admitted he was 100% responsible for the Cathro fiasco?

Not In The Know
28-01-2018, 12:52 PM
As our manger is being linked with the Scotland job It’s great trolling the yam fuds by asking if they think Levein could be in with a chance of getting it. Oh aye 6-4-0 🤣🤣

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2018, 12:53 PM
He's a fanny.

Eyrie
28-01-2018, 01:09 PM
I liked the hypocrisy of Levein complaining about refereeing errors when he'd been so quick to gloat about them when Shaw's goal was ignored.

Just another entry for the list of reasons to dislike him (currently at Volume 4, Book 8, Page 187)

jacomo
28-01-2018, 07:00 PM
It's not just down to him being a yam fud, I found his arrogance repellent as Scotland and Dundee United boss too. Yesterday's post-match quotes are classic Potter, basically giving the impression that he is the ultimate authority on the game and that referees should defer to his opinion. The Motherwell boss mentions that he thought that they also might have had a penalty, but with none of know-it-all Levein's pomposity.

Has the guy ever acknowledged what a disaster he was as Scotland boss, or held his hands up and admitted he was 100% responsible for the Cathro fiasco?

Pep is desperately hoping his bosses don’t notice what a job Levein is doing.

Smartie
28-01-2018, 07:05 PM
The other day I listened to his interview when his United side had been absolutely mugged at Ibrox. It is the only time that I have ever warmed to Craig Levein. I loved his approach at that point, he was 100% correct in everything he said, he was honest, to the point and totally scathing about what he'd just witnessed. He was passionate and it was brilliant.

It was strange, because as Scotland and Hearts manager I've spent most of my time wondering what on Earth this clown is on. I know a Hearts manager is not exactly ever going to play to us as a crowd, but he comes away with a lot of stuff that guys like Paolo Sergio (who I'd have a fair bit of grudging respect for due to the way he carried himself) would not.

28-01-2018, 07:06 PM
His treatment of Fletcher was nothing short of absolutely abhorrent and I’m convinced it was due to his Hibs connections.

28-01-2018, 07:23 PM

https://youtu.be/-eD40gaX4xw

Skip to about 3 minutes 55 seconds, I presume it is that one. Berra playing the man and not the ball, penalty and possibly a red card.

Tobias Funke
28-01-2018, 07:26 PM
He is a very strange individual, an odd character. Looks like a beast too.

Mikey09
28-01-2018, 07:28 PM

The simple and arrogant act of not approaching the ref against Hamilton sums Levein up. There's a huge difference between being confident and arrogant... Levien is an arrogant tit.

28-01-2018, 07:39 PM

The Child Catcher

Mr White
28-01-2018, 07:42 PM
He's the gimp's gimp.

28-01-2018, 07:50 PM
The man absolutely sums up what it means to be a jambo. Classless, bitter and with the sole purpose in life to simply just get one over on hibs.

Grade A fud if ever there was one. Him and hearts are a match made in heaven. His comments about Lennon making a career out of "kicking lumps out of people" are utterly cringeworthy. No Craig, Lennon made a career out of winning trophies whilst you didn't and were involved in the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history in '86. Your a perpetual loser Levein and fine well you know it, not to mention embarrassing your country on a world stage with your anti-football, defeatist formation you put out for Scotland.

The "natural order" comments are typical yam. Delusional, arrogant and utterly cringeworthy to say the least. Laughable.

BullsCloseHibs
28-01-2018, 08:06 PM

I thought you said Breast?

Potter also goes down as possibly the UKs least fashionable manager / person in football. His lack of quality knows no bounds.

Tornadoes70
28-01-2018, 08:06 PM
The man absolutely sums up what it means to be a jambo. Classless, bitter and with the sole purpose in life to simply just get one over on hibs.

Grade A fud if ever there was one. Him and hearts are a match made in heaven. His comments about Lennon making a career out of "kicking lumps out of people" are utterly cringeworthy. No Craig, Lennon made a career out of winning trophies whilst you didn't and were involved in the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history in '86. Your a perpetual loser Levein and fine well you know it, not to mention embarrassing your country on a world stage with your anti-football, defeatist formation you put out for Scotland.

The "natural order" comments are typical yam. Delusional, arrogant and utterly cringeworthy to say the least. Laughable.

Very easily by a country mile the biggest bottle job in Scottish footballing history. Nothing could have hurt as much as that particular sound of maroon bottles being smashed to smithereens. The league title was all but theirs until a certain Sir Albert Kidd intervened entering into hibs folklore and the maroon bottle jobs nightmares forever. God bless Sir Albert Kidd a true legend never to be forgotten.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

mjhibby
28-01-2018, 08:11 PM

His right hook on graeme hogg in a bloody friendly sums him up. His obsession with Derby results is just another symptom on his arrogance which has no substance to back it up. I can live with guys being arrogant ass holes if they have great talent but when you don't have the talent you look a bitter sad guy which is what he is. As was said he and hertz were made for each other and the fact that Queen Anne doesn't say a word shows she is complicit in his behaviour. Compare his reaction with our manager reaction to Shaw disallowed goal. Neil Lennon is a huge achiever who deals with issues, Potter is a total underachiever who blames everbody bar himself. Almost laughable who he joked about shaws goal then moaned about Wells equaliser. No class, dignity or talent. BTW his beloved box soccer is killing the development of youth football but that's another story.

Is It On....
28-01-2018, 08:11 PM
In response to my comment to a Jambo that Naismith is more of a Levein player than Cummings..he said "Yes...a real nasty piece of work...."..just like his new boss I suppose !!

28-01-2018, 08:54 PM
His right hook on graeme hogg in a bloody friendly sums him up. His obsession with Derby results is just another symptom on his arrogance which has no substance to back it up. I can live with guys being arrogant ass holes if they have great talent but when you don't have the talent you look a bitter sad guy which is what he is. As was said he and hertz were made for each other and the fact that Queen Anne doesn't say a word shows she is complicit in his behaviour. Compare his reaction with our manager reaction to Shaw disallowed goal. Neil Lennon is a huge achiever who deals with issues, Potter is a total underachiever who blames everbody bar himself. Almost laughable who he joked about shaws goal then moaned about Wells equaliser. No class, dignity or talent. BTW his beloved box soccer is killing the development of youth football but that's another story.

His comment about the hearts goal last week "I almost wish it didn't actually go over!" shows him for what he is. He would actually rather it was not a legitimate goal JUST because it would piss off hibs a bit more. A truly sad sad individual. To be pitied more than disliked tbh.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Dr Football himself has won nothing in the game. Nothing, nada, zilch. To be clear he has been employed in football for 37 years and has not one trophy to his name as either player or manager.

His own fans hold him in such esteem a whopping 3500 turned out for his testimonial to watch Hearts pumped 5-1 by Coventry. It was so embarrassing they had to organise a 2nd one against us to drum up some interest, we won 1-0.

You'll forgive me if I don't give a **** what Craig Levein has to say about football. Loser

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Dr Football himself has won nothing in the game. Nothing, nada, zilch. To be clear he has been employed in football for 37 years and has not one trophy to his name as either player or manager.

His own fans hold him in such esteem a whopping 3500 turned out for his testimonial to watch Hearts pumped 5-1 by Coventry. It was so embarrassing they had to organise a 2nd one against us to drum up some interest, we won 1-0.

You'll forgive me if I don't give a **** what Craig Levein has to say about football. Loser

He's good at blooding youngsters and keeping clean sheets. Well up until the 90th minute this weekend...

3pm
28-01-2018, 09:07 PM
He's good at blooding youngsters and keeping clean sheets. Well up until the 90th minute this weekend...

Some mistake. The ball never touched the net.

28-01-2018, 09:19 PM

Sounds a bit sinister.

kevinc
28-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Very easily by a country mile the biggest bottle job in Scottish footballing history. Nothing could have hurt as much as that particular sound of maroon bottles being smashed to smithereens. The league title was all but theirs until a certain Sir Albert Kidd intervened entering into hibs folklore and the maroon bottle jobs nightmares forever. God bless Sir Albert Kidd a true legend never to be forgotten.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Levein actually didn’t participate in bottle crash at Dens Park , he bottled it and ruled himself out.

Smartie
28-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Levein actually didn’t participate in bottle crash at Dens Park , he bottled it and ruled himself out.

The bottler's bottler.

johnbc70
28-01-2018, 09:41 PM
I heard that Levein s**t it so much in 86 he never even travelled with the team, he was the captain at the time.

Imagine never even going to support your team mates as captain.

Ralphy C
28-01-2018, 09:42 PM
His comment about the hearts goal last week "I almost wish it didn't actually go over!" shows him for what he is. He would actually rather it was not a legitimate goal JUST because it would piss off hibs a bit more. A truly sad sad individual. To be pitied more than disliked tbh.
Exactly this, quite happy to laugh and joke about bad refereeing decisions when they go his way, then gets all upset when he thinks they go against him. Tw#t of a man, some of the decisions are not even that bad that he's greetin about.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 09:47 PM

That's going to be close to post of the year for 2018 IMO.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Dr Football himself has won nothing in the game. Nothing, nada, zilch. To be clear he has been employed in football for 37 years and has not one trophy to his name as either player or manager

That’s not true...after all, he won the Tennents Sixes in 85. :cb

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 09:54 PM

I laughed out loud at several of the points you made MJ, spot on. However I have to disagree with you re the highlighted section. Unfortunately he can back it up, both as a player and a manager. Only time will tell with regard to his percentage stats as a manager against us.

I'd be interested to hear more on the box soccer front.

28-01-2018, 09:58 PM

This. :top marks

matty_f
28-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I laughed out loud at several of the points you made MJ, spot on. However I have to disagree with you re the highlighted section. Unfortunately he can back it up, both as a player and a manager. Only time will tell with regard to his percentage stats as a manager against us.

He has a 100% percentage stat of crapping his pants in Dens Park title deciders.

3pm
28-01-2018, 10:13 PM
He has a 100% percentage stat of crapping his pants in Dens Park title deciders.

Craptural Order.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Those eyes of his suggest that he molests.

I m not sure what he molests, but his eyes suggest he enjoys molesting something.Skunks?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

matty_f
28-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Craptural Order.

:hilarious

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 10:30 PM
... is a prick

28-01-2018, 10:39 PM

He won a Scottish Cup runners up medal in '86, that's something he can be proud of.

Coco Bryce
28-01-2018, 11:21 PM
I heard that Levein s**t it so much in 86 he never even travelled with the team, he was the captain at the time.

He phoned in sick with the skits on the morning of the match. Walter Kidd told me. He hates him for not turning up for the biggest game of his life. Pleasing all round 😂😂😂

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Some mistake. The ball never touched the net.

It's the new Jimmy Sandison (Airdrie Hall of Fame Inductee and Hearts cocommentator) rule :agree:

HoboHarry
28-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Skunks?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Skunks everywhere will be outraged at your accusation. The smell of someone who s**t themselves in a dressing room toilet is too much even for them.....

Tornadoes70
28-01-2018, 11:32 PM
He phoned in sick with the skits on the morning of the match. Walter Kidd told me. He hates him for not turning up for the biggest game of his life. Pleasing all round ������

Craig Latrines. What a crapper.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Haymaker
29-01-2018, 12:52 AM
My U11 girls team has more winners medals than that ****.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2018, 05:31 AM

I m not sure what he molests, but his eyes suggest he enjoys molesting something.

Come on - no need

Thecat23
29-01-2018, 07:46 AM
He’s probably the worst loser in Scottish football. I’ve never seen a manager who blames everything bar himself when they lose. Never Hearts fault always the ref, or something else. Not his negative tactics!

He seems a guy who’s whole life revolves around what Hibs are doing and as long as they do better it’s deemed a success. He really is a strange guy!

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 09:16 AM
There's something sinister shifty about the guy. It's not even because he's their manager or even half decent. He's like Houston and Frail x 100.

SirDavidsNapper
29-01-2018, 09:37 AM
He’s probably the worst loser in Scottish football. I’ve never seen a manager who blames everything bar himself when they lose. Never Hearts fault always the ref, or something else. Not his negative tactics!

He seems a guy who’s whole life revolves around what Hibs are doing and as long as they do better it’s deemed a success. He really is a strange guy!

Most of us take an interest in our closest rivals, it's a rivalry after all. Potter however takes it to creepy levels. He was the same last time round too. He wouldn't care if Hearts finished 11th as long as Hibs finished 12th. Believe me he'll go to any desperate lengths to make sure Hearts finish above us. Spending 300k on a loan for example. Make no mistake, that was all about Hibs. Strange

vuefrom1875
29-01-2018, 10:54 AM
There's something sinister shifty about the guy. It's not even because he's their manager or even half decent. He's like Houston and Frail x 100.

"something of the night about him"

capitals_finest
29-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Skunks everywhere will be outraged at your accusation. The smell of someone who s**t themselves in a dressing room toilet is too much even for them.....

:tee hee:

Crazyhorse
29-01-2018, 11:07 AM

I m not sure what he molests, but his eyes suggest he enjoys molesting something.

Steady on. He is a classless clown and there is plenty to laugh at without wandering into territory which is beyond banter.

Crazyhorse
29-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Most of us take an interest in our closest rivals, it's a rivalry after all. Potter however takes it to creepy levels. He was the same last time round too. He wouldn't care if Hearts finished 11th as long as Hibs finished 12th. Believe me he'll go to any desperate lengths to make sure Hearts finish above us. Spending 300k on a loan for example. Make no mistake, that was all about Hibs. Strange

In 25 years of following Hibs I have always felt the Yams in charge (Mercer, Pieman, Romanov, Levein) have taken the derby much more seriously than the Hibs hierarchy. They are prepared to do anything/spent anything to gain an advantage.

Smartie
29-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Does anyone else think the "Harry Potter" thing is a bit out of date?

He no longer looks like the boy wizard in any way.

We need a new nickname for him.

I'll get the ball rolling with "Rolf Senior". Callum Paterson was like a young Rolf Harris, therefore deserved Rolf junior - Levein looks like a more senior version.

The name goes back to 1986, 2 days before the title decider at Dens Park. Craig Levein produced a nasty, wet quack of a fart and in trying to work out whether it was a fart or worse, allegedly asked Sandy Clark in the Hearts dressing room "can you tell what it is yet"?

Deansy
29-01-2018, 11:54 AM

I'll second this for 'Post of the year' - short, clear and spot-on !

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you - the only 'backing-up' Potter can claim is that the vast-majority of his time at hearts (both playing and managing) he was backed-up with 'Other People's Money' !. It's no coincidence that our recent unbeaten run against them began almost immediately after their cheating came to a grinding halt when they went bust and the level playing-field came into effect.

G B Young
29-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Absolutely. 'Doctor Football' is spot on. Note he doesn't say something along the lines of 'the referee might want to look at that one again'. Rather he says, categorically, that 'Willie WILL be disappointed' he didn't award a penalty. This statement of 'fact' is based solely on the fact that he, the great Craig Levein, has 'looked at it on the laptop' and has decreed it was a penalty.

WeeRussell
29-01-2018, 12:25 PM

I'll get the ball rolling with "Rolf Senior". Callum Paterson was like a young Rolf Harris, therefore deserved Rolf junior - Levein looks like a more senior version.

The name goes back to 1986, 2 days before the title decider at Dens Park. Craig Levein produced a nasty, wet quack of a fart and in trying to work out whether it was a fart or worse, allegedly asked Sandy Clark in the Hearts dressing room "can you tell what it is yet"?

Yep, I've never got it to be honest (other than he wears glasses). He's more like Beatrix Potter!

Oh.. and he's a fud.

G B Young
29-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Yes, his overall derby record is unfortunately excellent, but he refuses to look beyond the games HE was involved in when coming out with his natural order c**p. As far as I can see, between 1966 and 1983 Hibs lost just TWO derbies, while the McLeish teams bossed the fixture for several years from the late 90s. It's only our recent nine game unbeaten run which has really riled him though, because HE has been involved and his arrogance has been duly dented.

Aldo
29-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Complete and utter grade A yam roaster fud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
29-01-2018, 12:32 PM
His treatment of Fletcher was nothing short of absolutely abhorrent and I’m convinced it was due to his Hibs connections.

I would normally dismiss such a suggestion as extreme paranoia and say that no professional would be so petty however I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that was true.

hibsbollah
29-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I would normally dismiss such a suggestion as extreme paranoia and say that no professional would be so petty however I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that was true.

Its hard to think it could be anything else if you look at what happened. Picks him in repeated squads, makes him fly to away friendlies to sit on the bench for 90 minutes, then when Fletch understandably said he didnt want to go to Belfast for another pointless friendly, Levein calls a press conference and spends the majority of the time slagging off Fletcher and waving his phone about showing the journos the text message Fletch sent? Never heard of anything like it before. But most managers dont hide in Dundee cludgies crying either.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/12/scotland-craig-levein-steven-fletcher

hibsbollah
29-01-2018, 12:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1647037-4-6-0-the-most-ridiculous-formation-ever-played

and of course theres this...

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Steady on. He is a classless clown and there is plenty to laugh at without wandering into territory which is beyond banter.

I agree, you're right.

andybev1
29-01-2018, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH1e4Fx4Ajc

29-01-2018, 02:42 PM

This. **** himself (literally) and never even went along to support his team as captain on the biggest day in their history. Class act. The man IS failure in every sense of the word. He's as arrogant as they come and seems to have this delusion that he is a someone in football. Michael Stewart absolutely called him out for what he is.

Lennons a winner, he's got more medals to his name and achieved things in football than Levein can only dream of and it must really stick in his craw.

capitals_finest
29-01-2018, 09:58 PM

I take your point, I didn't mean it to come across the way it maybe did.

Wheat Hound
30-01-2018, 08:25 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-i-ll-s-t-myself-if-there-are-late-bids-for-hearts-players-1-4676556

Wouldn't be the first time eh Craig.
....Dens Park Keech Pants

Barney McGrew
30-01-2018, 10:06 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-i-ll-s-t-myself-if-there-are-late-bids-for-hearts-players-1-4676556

No wonder......he knows that their super duper mega shed is that far over budget that Budgie will take any money that they’re offered for anyone.

Smartie
30-01-2018, 01:47 PM

To be fair to them, when you see what they've done this month they've had a good window.

They've shifted some dead wood, crap and "players who didn't want to be there but had a bit of residual value" and added players who will make a difference for them.

Not sure they've got anyone so good that losing them on the last day of the transfer window would make me **** myself.

But then again, a game of football at Dens Park wouldn't have me ******** myself either.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Whined about Murderwell on Saturday.

Here's hoping he's whining again after tonight's match.

No wee funny jokey, snidey comments but a full blown seethe!!

lapsedhibee
30-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Whined about Murderwell on Saturday.

Here's hoping he's whining again after tonight's match.

No wee funny jokey, snidey comments but a full blown seethe!!

I'd sit in a bath of beans to see Pots go full-blown 'been places done hings'.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Is it true he picks up two wages at the tiny allotment, one for director of football :hilarious and the other as manager :faf: surely no....

Famous Fiver
30-01-2018, 07:53 PM
10 games without a goal?

One in the last minute for Murderwell, Celtic one up in two minutes so I make that two lost in three minutes!

Where's biscuits Preston on the radio when you need him?

Can't wait for Potter explaining this one away.

Oh ma sides............

Joe6-2
30-01-2018, 08:09 PM
10 games without a goal?

One in the last minute for Murderwell, Celtic one up in two minutes so I make that two lost in three minutes!

Where's biscuits Preston on the radio when you need him?

Can't wait for Potter explaining this one away.

Oh ma sides............

Hope there are more to discuss

Famous Fiver
30-01-2018, 08:13 PM
2 - 0.

'First 20 minutes will be vital' quoth Potter.

Oh ma sides.................

Thecat23
30-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Just read his interview, its s belter.. “But at least we won the second half.”

😂😂😂😂

Coco Bryce
30-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Just read his interview, its s belter.. “But at least we won the second half.”

😂😂😂😂

What a fud 😂😂

sahpaton
30-01-2018, 11:11 PM
"It's 5-3 on aggregate"

What an utter clown :lolyam:

Sir David Gray
30-01-2018, 11:31 PM
"It's 5-3 on aggregate"

Is he forgetting the 4-1 defeat at the start of the season?

I make it 7-6 to Celtic on aggregate if he wants to go down that route.

One Day Soon
30-01-2018, 11:33 PM
If that's the line he's taking how much are we beating them on aggregate in the last few years? Utter tool.

SideBurns
30-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Is he forgetting the 4-1 defeat at the start of the season?

I make it 7-6 to Celtic on aggregate if he wants to go down that route.

Your problem, SDG, is that you don't recognise a comic genius when you see one. Laughing Boy Levein's stuff is side-splitting, and everyone can see it bar you and that grumpy old Hibs manager.

31-01-2018, 12:07 PM
"It's 5-3 on aggregate"

**** sake what an utter clown he is. He's seriously a very odd character. He's almost as bad as Cathro with some of the cringeworthy guff he comes out with.

G B Young
31-01-2018, 12:16 PM
**** sake what an utter clown he is. He's seriously a very odd character. He's almost as bad as Cathro with some of the cringeworthy guff he comes out with.

On Harry Cochrane's injury last night:

"I think in the last game, Harry had a really good match and on a few occasions he got the better of Scott Brown," Levein said. "I think Scott had made up his mind that Harry wasn't going to do that again.
"I haven't had a look at the challenge but he's away to hospital. He's got a problem with his neck and we're just hoping that he's fine.
"I just thought that Scott had it in mind; I'm not saying there were any particularly wild challenges."

So there were no particularly wild challenges yet he throws in an implication that Brown was out to do some damage? Another ex-Hibby under fire, no surprise there.

Elephant Stone
31-01-2018, 12:21 PM
On Harry Cochrane's injury last night:

"I think in the last game, Harry had a really good match and on a few occasions he got the better of Scott Brown," Levein said. "I think Scott had made up his mind that Harry wasn't going to do that again.
"I haven't had a look at the challenge but he's away to hospital. He's got a problem with his neck and we're just hoping that he's fine.
"I just thought that Scott had it in mind; I'm not saying there were any particularly wild challenges."

So there were no particularly wild challenges yet he throws in an implication that Brown was out to do some damage? Another ex-Hibby under fire, no surprise there.

It wasn't even a foul. :faf: