View Full Version : Yams Pleasing

28-01-2018, 09:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQ_NypCgn0

"None of the ball hit the back of the net" :faf:

As if that makes a difference!

Hibee Mac
28-01-2018, 09:35 AM
Hahaha what is he on about, it never even hit the net?? Does he understand how goals work?...

SiinDubai
28-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Who is that idiot??
it never hit the net :confused:

28-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Looking forward to laughing boy Levein's witty jokes about this one.

28-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Looking forward to laughing boy Levein's witty jokes about this one.

Same as last week really, he'll be hoping it didn't cross the line :tee hee:

Aim Here
28-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Hahaha what is he on about, it never even hit the net?? Does he understand how goals work?...

It's how goals work at Tynecastle, apparently...

28-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Interesting to see Naismith clear it and not even try to claim it hadn’t gone over. But it definitely didn’t hit the net.

28-01-2018, 10:01 AM
So their goal against us shouldn’t count as it never hit the net? 😂

28-01-2018, 10:04 AM
WTF is that guy on about? None of the ball hit the back of the net.

So do teams only get awarded half a goal if the ball doesn't hit the back of the net?

Just because Oli Shaw's goal wasn't given a few weeks ago doesn't mean that every goal has to hit the back of the net in order to count!

28-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Cathroesque.

Maybe the solution is to stretch the net straight down from the bar to the goal line. Should work except for when Hibs score their goals and the officials don't want to give them.

28-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Cathroesque.

Maybe the solution is to stretch the net straight down from the bar to the goal line. Should work except for when Hibs score their goals and the officials don't want to give them.

It's a nice idea BH :greengrin but given the yams' thinking about not lining up the tunnel with the halfway line, the goal line would probably end up going out for a corner...

28-01-2018, 10:07 AM
The co-commentator tries his best just to ignore the comments and move on, cringetastic!

Roxyhibee
28-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Honestly never heard anything like that before.!! - and he doesn't just say it once..!?

What an utter buffoon - but I suppose we should never be surprised at anything those deluded clowns along there come out with.

Sweet Left Peg
28-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Fair play to the boy, though, there's an awful lot of psih spoken in 1m43s.

28-01-2018, 10:30 AM
It's a nice idea BH :greengrin but given the yams' thinking about not lining up the tunnel with the halfway line, the goal line would probably end up going out for a corner...It's not a tunnel though, it's a pitchside reverse vomitarium.

28-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Look at the way Berra throws himself to the ground trying to get a free kick complete roaster

28-01-2018, 10:37 AM
In the boy's defence , he'll be used to perfectly legitimate opposition goals not being given at Tynecastle so i can understand his confusion about what constitutes a goal for the other team

28-01-2018, 10:50 AM
So their goal against us shouldn’t count as it never hit the net? 😂

Wrong!!! It hit the side net!!!!

28-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Look at the way Berra throws himself to the ground trying to get a free kick complete roaster

I seen that, fud.

28-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Going off topic, but we had a free kick in the same place in the last few seconds of the game last week. We didn’t even manage to get it in the box....

EastCalderHibby
28-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Same as last week really, he'll be hoping it didn't cross the line :tee hee:

so do i:greengrin:greengrin

28-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Believe co commentator was Jimmy Sandison.

28-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Going off topic, but we had a free kick in the same place in the last few seconds of the game last week. We didn’t even manage to get it in the box....

Was absolutely raging at that, summed our performance up. Also couldnt understand why marciano hadnt went up for it, not that it wouldve made any difference in the end.

28-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Wrong!!! It hit the side net!!!!

Wrong!!! It didnt!!!

28-01-2018, 11:16 AM
https://youtu.be/fN2333e930U

Outstanding work by a Motherwell fan with this video :greengrin

28-01-2018, 11:37 AM
And it looks like it didn’t cross the line after all. PLEASING

28-01-2018, 11:37 AM
And it looks like it didn’t cross the line after all. PLEASING

It did, just!

28-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Who is that idiot??
it never hit the net :confused:

It's Jimmy Sandison.

28-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Jimmy Sandison. What a bellend 😂😂😂

28-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Pretty annoyed that the goal that ended their wee run wasn't any further over the line than Oli's

28-01-2018, 02:11 PM

He does the dying swan act every single game and every time he is challenged!

speedy_gonzales
28-01-2018, 02:13 PM

I clocked that as well, if you can be bothered with wasting your time pay close attention to how Berra plays. The guy has been receiving plaudits for recent performances but in the televised games & highlights I've seen he plays the man more than the ball, the gum shield he wears is quite apt as he's more suited to rugby than football,,,,

28-01-2018, 02:13 PM
The ball didn't hit any part of the net!!! Not even the sides...... What a ****ing plum

28-01-2018, 02:15 PM
The ball didn't hit any part of the net!!! Not even the sides...... What a ****ing plum

Welcome to the world of the yams :greengrin

28-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the world of the yams :greengrin

It's funny as **** tbh!

28-01-2018, 02:18 PM
"Over 800 mins without conceding a goal"? Not been that long since the last league derby has it? Karma

28-01-2018, 02:25 PM
I'm pleased to confirm that after viewing the evidence (again) that the two Albert Kidd goals back in 1986 definitely hit the net. :agree:

28-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Constantly does this. Probably why he wears a gumshield 😁

28-01-2018, 03:29 PM
The Brown trout.

It's quite funny that Berra's legacy will be his very own signature move - feigning injury whilst looking like a turd wearing a gum shield.

hibsmad
28-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Is that guy for real? Seriously!?

"Nobody is questioning that it went over but no part of the ball hit the net"

😂😂😂

Tornadoes70
28-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Potter's instructions to team before game -

If you're not going to win the ball throw yourself to the deck and give out as loud a scream as you can and act as if you've been seriously hurt. Works a treat most times.

Hardlines Berra, Collum seen right through you.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

28-01-2018, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQ_NypCgn0

"None of the ball hit the back of the net" :faf:

As if that makes a difference!

Brillant . Wonder if that fud Levein enjoyed that one .
Shaws goal was an easier one to call but karma is a bitch all you Jambo freeeks that are looking in .

28-01-2018, 04:19 PM
The Brown trout.

It's quite funny that Berra's legacy will be his very own signature move - feigning injury whilst looking like a turd wearing a gum shield.Berra, a cheat playing for the thieves. Some legacy as you say. His fall here is pathetically funny.

28-01-2018, 04:20 PM
I clocked that as well, if you can be bothered with wasting your time pay close attention to how Berra plays. The guy has been receiving plaudits for recent performances but in the televised games & highlights I've seen he plays the man more than the ball, the gum shield he wears is quite apt as he's more suited to rugby than football,,,,

He does it all the time, I'll give him credit for how he is clever about it and gets away with it. In the derby you can see how he managed to out jump Hanlon so easily at their goal because he's holding Hanlon's shirt and pulls down as he jumps. Hanlon just got up and got on with it but should have been over saying something to the ref about it.

Yet when someone slightly touches him he hits the deck like he's been shot.

28-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Jimmy Sandison. What a bellend 😂😂😂

Never has a more accurate asessment of a man been written. I was once involved in a charity game in which Sandison went right through a 21 year old amateur twice in 10 minutes to 'let him ken he cannae get away wi they flicks'. Stuart Lovell, who was playing for us, put Sandison on his erse 5 minutes later to cheers from the crowd.

28-01-2018, 04:37 PM
So, just to clarify, is Jimmy Sandison now best known for.......

1. Being a thug who "played" for Hearts in the late 1980s.

2. Being a numpty who thinks the ball needs to touch the net for it to be a goal.

or

3. Being up there with Scott Wilson and the Lady Haig poppy fund as the most recognisable names on the list of creditors stiffed by Hearts when they went pop a few years back?

Wee Effen Bee
28-01-2018, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;5296985]So, just to clarify, is Jimmy Sandison now best known for.......

Sorry Smartie, but he certainly is not not a thug. We’re both Muirhoosers so I know him well - too much of a wee Jessie to be a thug.😁 Nice enough guy TBH though.

28-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Pressley also made career of throwing himself on the floor every time he was challenged f€€in co#k₩omble

28-01-2018, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;5296985]So, just to clarify, is Jimmy Sandison now best known for.......

Sorry Smartie, but he certainly is not not a thug. We’re both Muirhoosers so I know him well - too much of a wee Jessie to be a thug.😁 Nice enough guy TBH though.

Ach, I'm sure you're right and he's fine.

But he had a fairly "robust" playing style did he not?

I mean - he got a game for the Airdrie team of the early 90s. You didn't get a game for them if you were a wee Jessie.

28-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Potter's instructions to team before game -

If you're not going to win the ball throw yourself to the deck and give out as loud a scream as you can and act as if you've been seriously hurt. Works a treat most times.

Hardlines Berra, Collum seen right through you.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

ALL their CH's/Captains have been doing it since Presley's time - they've been doing it so long now it's a 'tradition' and forms part of their induction to new defenders.

I'm sick that the ball did cross the line as I was really hoping that it hadn't - would've loved to have seen the vein throbbing in Potter's napper !. But as for the "None of the ball hit the back of the net" remark - you'd expect that from one of the maroon cabbage-patchers but from one who actually played 'played' the game just shows the 'special' (:crazy:) mentality that exists at the PBS !

28-01-2018, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5296996]

Ach, I'm sure you're right and he's fine.

But he had a fairly "robust" playing style did he not?

I mean - he got a game for the Airdrie team of the early 90s. You didn't get a game for them if you were a wee Jessie.
Was it not him that was penalised for handball in a cup game. I think it might have been against Aberdeen. They got a penalty, Sandison was miles outside the box.

28-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Was it not him that was penalised for handball in a cup game. I think it might have been against Aberdeen. They got a penalty, Sandison was miles outside the box.

V Dunfermline in the 91 skol cup semi. We might have played Airdrie in the final if it wasn't for that penalty decision IIRC. It was in the box but tv suggested it hit his chest not his arm. Nae luck Jimmy :cb

28-01-2018, 06:08 PM
V Dunfermline in the 91 skol cup semi. We might have played Airdrie in the final if it wasn't for that penalty decision IIRC. It was in the box but tv suggested it hit his chest not his arm. Nae luck Jimmy :cb
That’s the one. I just remember his face when the referee gave a penalty. Thank god he did though as we always struggled against airdrie.

28-01-2018, 06:16 PM
🤷*♂️

28-01-2018, 06:17 PM
That’s the one. I just remember his face when the referee gave a penalty. Thank god he did though as we always struggled against airdrie.

Just as a wee cherry on top I think that game was at tynie :greengrin

28-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Just as a wee cherry on top I think that game was at tynie :greengrin
I think you’re right :greengrin

28-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Was @ tiny was Les Motrom the ref?

28-01-2018, 07:10 PM
"None of the ball hit the net"

WTF?

Is this guy for real?

28-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Was @ tiny was Les Motrom the ref?

David Syme I think

28-01-2018, 11:56 PM
To any Jambos looking in - any chance of asking Jimmy exactly what he meant with his "None of the ball hit the back of the net" remark - PLEEZ ??. C'mon, it won't be too embarassing - compared to your club's ....... ehm, cough - 'Blemishes' - the explanation will be a walk-in-the-park !!

29-01-2018, 12:00 AM
To any Jambos looking in - any chance of asking Jimmy exactly what he meant with his "None of the ball hit the back of the net" remark - PLEEZ ??. C'mon, it won't be too embarassing - compared to your club's ....... ehm, cough - 'Blemishes' - the explanation will be a walk-in-the-park !!

It's not just that it didn't hit the back of the net. What he said was "None of the ball hit any part of the net." So it's important, too, that it didn't hit the front of the net. :agree:

29-01-2018, 06:56 AM
David Syme I thinkYep.

There's a big chunk of Marabou Stork Nightmares about it. One of the main characters is called Sandy Jamieson :)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

29-01-2018, 07:28 AM
And people want goal line technology 😂...get a sensor on the net, that's what we really need.

29-01-2018, 07:29 AM
And people want goal line technology 😂...get a sensor on the net, that's what we really need.

:agree: A couple of wee bells would do the trick.