PDA

View Full Version : Bari and Henderson

Jim44
28-01-2018, 12:13 AM
I haven’t seen this elsewhere so for anyone interested. Bari lost 0-4 at home to Empori today. Henderson started but was substituted after an hour.

Lancs Harp
28-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Love the guy but if Hendo is still at Bari this time next year I'd be amazed. Thought it was a very strange move personally.

28-01-2018, 12:30 AM
Love the guy but if Hendo is still at Bari this time next year I'd be amazed. Thought it was a very strange move personally.

Why?

Lancs Harp
28-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Why?

Personal view fella, I dont think he will settle, I think he will find it difficult to adjust to the style of football over there, I think his game time will be limited and i think he would have been better off staying in Britain. We can revisit this time next year.

Why do you think he might succeed over there?

MagicSwirlingShip
28-01-2018, 12:36 AM

Disagree here. This is exactly the type of a move young Scottish footballers should be seeking out.

Different culture, warm weather training, different styles if football, and less distractions off field.

If he is as talented as I think, he will kick on and do well over there.

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 12:37 AM
I haven’t seen this elsewhere so for anyone interested. Bari lost 0-4 at home to Empori today. Henderson started but was substituted after an hour.

He has just come back from injury so pretty normal for him not to play the whole game.

Lancs Harp
28-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Disagree here. This is exactly the type of a move young Scottish footballers should be seeking out.

Different culture, warm weather training, different styles if football, and less distractions off field.

If he is as talented as I think, he will kick on and do well over there.

We'll see mate and i hope he does succeed hes a great guy, talented lad and of course a Hibs legend but im sticking to my opinion, only time will tell.

Blaster
28-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Ryan gauld has really progressed going abroad...

MagicSwirlingShip
28-01-2018, 12:44 AM
We'll see mate and i hope he does succeed hes a great guy, talented lad and of course a Hibs legend but im sticking to my opinion, only time will tell.

Nice one mate. It would be nice to see a young Scottish player move abroad and give a good account of themself.

Here’s hoping he does well, I’ve just priced up a Bari strip online with Henderson on the back 😄

Spike Mandela
28-01-2018, 01:22 AM
When he started at Hibs I often commented on how he was blowing out his arse after 60 mins but his stamina improved. Maybe just needs a run of games.

Keyser Sauzee
28-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Any1 got a clip of him going mental after Hanlons equaliser at Tynie?

neil7908
28-01-2018, 02:04 AM

I totally forgot he even existed.

geohibby
28-01-2018, 02:19 AM

How has he progressed? He has done nowt in 2 yests

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 04:03 AM

Think that was the point the poster was making😀

MagicSwirlingShip
28-01-2018, 04:38 AM

I’d suggest he has improved as a player going abroad rather than kicking around the Scottish leagues. Think he is on loan to a team in the top league in Portugal after a spell in Sporting’s B side and another in the Lower division.

easty
28-01-2018, 08:03 AM
I’d suggest he has improved as a player going abroad rather than kicking around the Scottish leagues. Think he is on loan to a team in the top league in Portugal after a spell in Sporting’s B side and another in the Lower division.

You'd suggest that based on what? You see much of him playing over there?

Canon Hannan
28-01-2018, 08:15 AM
I totally forgot he even existed.

Ryan Gauld will have progressed in his football abilities and living a fantastic lifestyle, that’s for sure.

Hendo will have the same experience and will come good. Remember Larrsons debut at ER when we won 2-1. He had a shocker then moved to Utd and Barca!

MagicSwirlingShip
28-01-2018, 09:12 AM
You'd suggest that based on what? You see much of him playing over there?

Based on my own personal opinion as to where a footballer of his like is more likely to develop as a player.

Haven’t seen any of his games. He’s still only 22, has experienced a foreign league (s), learnt a new language and trained with some quality players in a warm environment.

If he’d Stayed in Scotland he would’ve been targeted just like Whatmore was, and booted across tatties field pitches from October to March.

The lad made a bold choice and will be the better player for it, whether he succeeds to get in Spotings first Team or not.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2018, 09:37 AM

How will that have an impact on Liam??

greenlex
28-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Ziggy Gordon was on the radio after doing a stint in Poland. I’m sure he was released. He is looking to stay abroad somewhere. Seems like he thinks he is progressing even being released.

Cod Boy
28-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Probably got subbed as he has played next to nothing at Celtic the last two seasons his choice.

Future17
24-02-2018, 02:07 PM
First goal for new club today after 3 mins.

geohibby
24-02-2018, 03:01 PM

Good to hear, going on holiday to Bari in July

ChicoM1875
24-02-2018, 03:05 PM
I wish there were more Scottish prospects playing in the continent. We'll done

euro Hibby
24-02-2018, 06:53 PM
here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhP8ivOwK0

Mr White
24-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Brilliant well done Liam! Great to see a young Scottish player doing well in Serie B and hopefully the top flight next season.

24-02-2018, 07:07 PM

And an assist from a corner. Now where have I seen him do that before?

Well done Hendo.

vercol36
24-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Excellent news. I have a feeling this boy is headed for the big time

Mainstandman
24-02-2018, 09:25 PM
The fact he's never been seen back here shows he has. As aposoed to those who at the first sign of difficulties have headed straight back.

wallpaperman
24-02-2018, 09:49 PM
What an excellent goal, hope it goes well for him. Stadium looks rather 'quaint'.

Mibbes Aye
24-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Three wins, two defeats, two yellow cards, a decent goal and an assist from a corner. He's certainly keeping busy!

The frequency of cards will surely drop as he adjusts to the pace and style of Serie B. Getting an assist from a set-piece is positive and possibly shows they're working in training on how he can set chances up. His goal itself was nice, driving into space and not afraid to have a strike.

There's very few footballers whose progress I'd actually maintain an interest in after they left Hibs but LH is 100% one of those players.

SRHibs
24-02-2018, 09:54 PM
here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhP8ivOwK0

That was Bari!

Billy Whizz
24-02-2018, 09:58 PM
That was Bari!

It was, but hardly anyone at the game

MyJo
25-02-2018, 12:30 PM
And an assist from a corner. Now where have I seen him do that before?

Well done Hendo.

Henderson di consegnare :greengrin

IncredibleHibee
25-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Well done Hendo. I really want him to do well over there. Good on him for having the bravery to go down the path less trodden. Hope it pays off for him.

Henderson consegnare!!!!!!!

SlickShoes
25-02-2018, 01:26 PM
It was, but hardly anyone at the game

They were away against a team that averages 5k, Bari average 16k at home.

Billy Whizz
25-02-2018, 01:36 PM
They were away against a team that averages 5k, Bari average 16k at home.

Ok ta, must have looked at the clip wrongly

overdrive
25-02-2018, 02:44 PM
I’m watching the Sassoulo vs Lazio game just now. Unless there’s a load of fans in the stand the cameras are in (which the crowd noise suggests there aren’t), I’d be surprised if there’s 5k there and that’s in Serie A.

There was a ridiculous VAR decision earlier where the video ref got the ref to look at a handball incident on the screen that the ref hadn’t picked up. The ref, after watching it gave the penalty. It was even softer than the one yesterday. No idea what the ref thought he saw on the replay.

GaryOsCheerios
26-02-2018, 11:12 AM
My friend based in Prague wrote an article about Henderson's move which feature some Hibs mentions. My friend has previously lived in Turin so he follows Italian football closely and offers an interesting view on how Scottish footballers are perceived on the continent.:saltireflag

https://thefootballblether.com/2018/01/23/liam-henderson-in-the-footsteps-of-booth-and-gauld/

Any feedback welcome. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Scott Allan Key
26-02-2018, 11:59 AM
My friend based in Prague wrote an article about Henderson's move which feature some Hibs mentions. My friend has previously lived in Turin so he follows Italian football closely and offers an interesting view on how Scottish footballers are perceived on the continent.:saltireflag

https://thefootballblether.com/2018/01/23/liam-henderson-in-the-footsteps-of-booth-and-gauld/

I read that article after the Henderson one. Very interesting, and wonder what ‘qualita’ players, Scotland has produced to a distant observer.

keep the faith
26-02-2018, 12:41 PM

Really interesting and well written piece. Nice job.

Spudster
26-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Did Henderson take corners and free kicks with either foot for us?

Is It On....
26-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Glad to hear he has started to deliver.

Future17
26-02-2018, 03:29 PM
I’m watching the Sassoulo vs Lazio game just now. Unless there’s a load of fans in the stand the cameras are in (which the crowd noise suggests there aren’t), I’d be surprised if there’s 5k there and that’s in Serie A.

There was a ridiculous VAR decision earlier where the video ref got the ref to look at a handball incident on the screen that the ref hadn’t picked up. The ref, after watching it gave the penalty. It was even softer than the one yesterday. No idea what the ref thought he saw on the replay.

Seemed soft to me but I think there's at least an argument Peluso moved his hand towards the ball - not like Porteous!

What I found interesting was it's the first time I've seen a booking given between the incident and the VAR review. Might have been interesting had it been a second yellow rather than a first!

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Bari-Pro Vercelli 2-2 | Pagelle e tabellino | Serie B 10 marzo 2018

„Henderson 6,5: Ancora una buona prestazione di Hendo. Dai suoi piedi, su calcio piazzato, nasce la rete del pari di Kozak.“

Like how his nickname has transferred. :greengrin

http://www.baritoday.it/sport/bari-pro-vercelli-2-2-pagelle-tabellino-serie-b-10-marzo-2018.html

Future17
07-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Another goal for Hendo today in a 1-1 draw.

PatHead
07-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Another goal for Hendo today in a 1-1 draw.

Was it a Bari goal?

adhibs
07-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Would be great to see him in seria a, hopefully banging in a goal against juve

Future17
07-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Would be great to see him in seria a, hopefully banging in a goal against juve

The dropped points today were a blow as they should have won, but there's still a good few games left for the automatic places.

Is It On....
07-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Was it a Bari goal?

😂😂😂

Glory Lurker
07-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Bello, bello. :love ya!:

Jamesie
07-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Great point for Bari, especially with Frosinone losing at Parma - looks like the Canarini are losing form at exactly the wrong time of the season with the playoffs not far off...

MagicSwirlingShip
16-04-2018, 08:47 PM
F.C. Bari (still loving this) are at home tomorrow night to Novara.

Forza Hendo!

16-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Forza Hendo!

Forza Hendo indeed. I keep meaning to try and find a live link for their matches but always forget.

Jamesie
16-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Forza Hendo!

I understand he got an assist for Bari's first away to Pescara on Saturday today!

Future17
30-04-2018, 08:37 PM
93rd min red card for Hendo this evening. Not sure what it was for, but it seems to have been a straight red in a bad-tempered match away in Sicily. Bari were already down to ten men at the time.

Bristolhibby
30-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Bought a top when I was over here for the 2007 game v Italy.

Always wan Bari to do well. Even more so with Hendo playing for them.

J

basehibby
30-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Go on the Henderson - we know you will deliver !

AugustaHibs
30-04-2018, 11:40 PM
93rd min red card for Hendo this evening. Not sure what it was for, but it seems to have been a straight red in a bad-tempered match away in Sicily. Bari were already down to ten men at the time.

LiveScore is telling me he was only booked?

Unseen work
30-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Never understand why people always say this is the sort of move young players should make. Why?

Personally I’d rather we keep our best young players in our country.

Ryan69
01-05-2018, 05:23 AM
Never understand why people always say this is the sort of move young players should make. Why?

Dont think theres any harm in going to play in Italy.
Seems tobe playing everyweek,which he needs tobe doing at his age.
Probably a similar if not better standard than spl also.

I personally think its a great thing for young Scottish players trying their luck abroad.

Future17
01-05-2018, 05:40 AM
LiveScore is telling me he was only booked?

Definitely a red unfortunately.

calumhibee1
01-05-2018, 06:34 AM

From a football point of view it’s not that exciting a move. Similar standard to playing in Scotland or bottom half Championship/League One in England. Potential to progress into the Serie A but even then half the teams in that league are hardly any better than the top 4 in the SPL. Good lifestyle move though, better than living in Barnsley or something that’s for sure.

ano hibby
01-05-2018, 07:08 AM
Was Hendo’s move to Bari permanent or on loan?

(Zero info btw!!) just curious

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 07:12 AM

Permanent, can't remember the fee but more than we were likely to pay for him I'm sure.

hibee_girl
01-05-2018, 07:12 AM

Permanent

Centre Hawf
01-05-2018, 07:14 AM
From a football point of view it’s not that exciting a move. Similar standard to playing in Scotland or bottom half Championship/League One in England. Potential to progress into the Serie A but even then half the teams in that league are hardly any better than the top 4 in the SPL. Good lifestyle move though, better than living in Barnsley or something that’s for sure.

I think he’ll be a far better player for doing this move. A new culture, a new style of playing, it may not be the highest of standards but I’d be he’s playing with or against better players than if he went to say St Johnstone. And he’s probably playing more actual football than if he went to a struggling Championship side.

Permanent deal.

01-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Permanent, can't remember the fee but more than we were likely to pay for him I'm sure.

It was reported as £115k, wish we'd got him.

JimboHibs
01-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Oh well if it's not that exciting a move where do we go in selling the club to any future signings ?

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 05:00 PM
It was reported as £115k, wish we'd got him.

Really? I thought it was much more. At the time I wasn't overly bothered because I was convinced Dylan would stay on and our midfield looked pretty solid, as good as Liam is, but now I really wish we had him signed up.

Future17
02-05-2018, 05:34 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16196982.Watch__Ex-Celtic_and_Hibs_midfielder_Liam_Henderson_shown_st raight_red_for_Bari/

19-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Bari go into the playoffs after winning 2-0 last night.

They play Cittadella on the 26th.

JimBHibees
19-05-2018, 08:25 AM

Different culture, different language, expand their horizon of different lifestyle, likely different training methods and styles of play. Think there can be great advantages personally for the player and the individual. Wish more did it.

SquashedFrogg
19-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Different culture, different language, expand their horizon of different lifestyle, likely different training methods and styles of play. Think there can be great advantages personally for the player and the individual. Wish more did it.

This.

SChibs
19-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Not Bari related but after the Semi vs Dundee Utd both hendo and stokes were asked if they wanted rangers to win the next day so they could play in the final. Both said no they were Celtic fans they want to Celtic to win. I wonder if in hindsight they would change their answer!

snooky
20-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Not Bari related but after the Semi vs Dundee Utd both hendo and stokes were asked if they wanted rangers to win the next day so they could play in the final. Both said no they were Celtic fans they want to Celtic to win. I wonder if in hindsight they would change their answer!

Probably not. It would surely be a once-in-a-lifetime experience seeing Celtc win the Cup? :cool2:

Big_Franck
27-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Liam must have done well at Bari as he is now being linked with a £1m move to Parma. Good to see young Scottish players succeeding abroad.

Elephant Stone
27-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Liam must have done well at Bari as he is now being linked with a £1m move to Parma. Good to see young Scottish players succeeding abroad.

His potential was obvious, hard to believe there were a fair number of people indifferent to signing him permenantly. "Didn't even make the cup final starting 11" :na na:

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Great to see Henderson doing well. He would have walked into most Hibs teams in recent years. He’d have been a sub in a midfield with McGinn, McGeoch and Allan though.

Big_Franck
27-05-2018, 12:21 PM
His potential was obvious, hard to believe there were a fair number of people indifferent to signing him permenantly. "Didn't even make the cup final starting 11" :na na:

I was one of them. Maybe his game is just more suited to Italian fitbaw than Scottish :greengrin

Parma have just been promoted from Serie B so it'll be interesting to see how Henderson does in Serie A, if he does move to Parma.