PDA

View Full Version : Feeling increasingly let down by Stokes after watching today's game

G B Young
27-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I thought we played well today but we were crying out for a striker capable of making a proper fist of the few chances which come your way at Celtic Park. Stokes could and should be that man. As talented a front man as pretty much anyone in this league, he could have kept us in the running for second place if his head was screwed on right.

You can sense from the way Lennon has been talking over the last couple of weeks that he knows we'll not be able to bring in that sort of quality to replace him and he must privately be feeling massively frustrated and let down by a guy he pushed the boat out to bring back to the club and who he clearly felt could give us an edge over the other sides challenging for the European spots.

oldbiker
27-01-2018, 07:24 PM
I wonder what he done that was so bad that it can't be sorted with a grown up conversation and a fine if needed, I agree feel really let down by him

mcfly
27-01-2018, 07:26 PM
I thought we played well today but we were crying out for a striker capable of making a proper fist of the few chances which come your way at Celtic Park. Stokes could and should be that man. As talented a front man as pretty much anyone in this league, he could have kept us in the running for second place if his head was screwed on right.

You can sense from the way Lennon has been talking over the last couple of weeks that he knows we'll not be able to bring in that sort of quality to replace him and he must privately be feeling massively frustrated and let down by a guy he pushed the boat out to bring back to the club and who he clearly felt could give us an edge over the other sides challenging for the European spots.

Great post - he has let us all down and it’s very disappointing.

However we move on and I will always thank stokesy for his cup final performance.

Our greatest day as hibs fans

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Neil Lennon probably feels exactly the same. Stokes has let him down more than anyone, on more than one occasion this season.

greenlex
27-01-2018, 07:29 PM
We’ve put a huge amount of financial resource in the Stokes basket. Not only are we not playing him but because of using that resource on him it’s a double whammy as it’s restricting us replacing him. I for one am absolutely disgusted by him. Tynecastle was the start and today hasn’t helped my mood. The man is a prick. He’s oet everyone connected with the club that did so much for him down.

Wellbankhibby
27-01-2018, 07:32 PM
We’ve put a huge amount of financial resource in the Stokes basket. Not only are we not playing him but because of using that resource on him it’s a double whammy as it’s restricting us replacing him. I fir one am absolutely disgusted by him. Tynecastle was the star and today hasn’t helped my mood. The man is a prick.
You weren't saying that in the Cup Final. Yes he has let us down but then again we don't know the full story. There are always two sides of an argument.

staunchhibby
27-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Will we ever get the full story.Big let down by Stokes.Will he ever learn or continue on the downward slope

penihibs
27-01-2018, 07:38 PM
We’ve put a huge amount of financial resource in the Stokes basket. Not only are we not playing him but because of using that resource on him it’s a double whammy as it’s restricting us replacing him. I for one am absolutely disgusted by him. Tynecastle was the start and today hasn’t helped my mood. The man is a prick. He’s oet everyone connected with the club that did so much for him down.

Can't argue he's let us all down, but yet again we can never forget what he has done for all us older hibbys he was the main man that won us the cup.
Player's come and go but he's a real Hibs legend, wouldn't change a thing.
Anytime I'd meet him I'll shake his hand..
For ever and ever.

The Harp
27-01-2018, 07:39 PM
There's no denying Stokesy with his head in the right place could've made a massive difference to the outcome today. So disappointing for everyone if that's his time at Hibs at an end. Must admit to feeling sorry for the guy too, his career could well be over, such a waste of talent.

Heisenberg
I wonder what he done that was so bad that it can't be sorted with a grown up conversation and a fine if needed, I agree feel really let down by him

It’s because he’ll 100% step out of line again. He’ll never learn and Lennon has clearly had enough.

greenlex
You weren't saying that in the Cup Final. Yes he has let us down but then again we don't know the full story. There are always two sides of an argument.

Of course I wasn’t. That was two years ago. He has let everyone down that put so much faith in him this season. If Hibs deem his behaviour enough to keep him out the side and trying to offload him then it wasn’t just for breaking the curfew by an hour or so and having a couple of pints.
Team bonding and our biggest game of the season looming and he ****s it up royally. He ****ed over his manager, his team mates and every one of us that idolised him. Sick

Hibeewilly
27-01-2018, 07:40 PM

I agree with you and as Oldbiker says could it not be sorted out by a grown up conversation and a fine - its hard enough getting top class players in but its worse when we have one but are not playing him for whatever reason

Spike Mandela
27-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Lennon took a gamble and sploshed a huge amount of our funds on Stokes. The gamble failed unfortunately.

We all knew Stokesey’s track record, good and bad, and can’t be surprised it has ended like this.

madhatter
27-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure Stokes would've made a big difference.

I honestly think our problem is in midfield. We are slow, ponderous and rarely get opposition to double-up or commit defenders. Play good football but the build up doesn't seem to have an end point. By end point I mean final pass or passes, not so much shooting. Are we aiming to get crosses in? Are we planning to play through the middle? Put it this way, we play very narrow in attack, our wingbacks can't cross or beat a man, we take about 15-20 passes or more to get to 30yards out and then realise that they have their whole team back...

I actually think in the games I've seen Stokes in this season he more often than not contributes to the slow, ponderous build up.

Good player but we need a midfielder who floats and creates closer to oppositions box. McGinn and McGeouch far too deep and Boyle and Barker regularly float inside even when played out wide.

We help opposition to defend. We have to make pitch bigger (wider) and get ball forward faster (fewer passes played with more pace).

Glory Lurker
27-01-2018, 07:49 PM
We should never have brought him back.

guthrie01
27-01-2018, 07:50 PM
It’s hard for me to feel anything but love for Stokes after what we he done on 21/05/2016

I do hope he moves on and finds a new team though, for Hibs and Stokes best interests

fife hfc
27-01-2018, 07:50 PM

I honestly think our problem is in midfield. We are slow, ponderous and rarely get opposition to double-up or commit defenders. Play good football but the build up doesn't seem to have an end point. By end point I mean final pass or passes, not so much shooting. Are we aiming to get crosses in? Are we planning to play through the middle? Put it this way, we play very narrow in attack, our wingbacks can't cross or beat a man, we take about 15-20 passes or more to get to 30yards out and then realise that they have their whole team back...

I actually think in the games I've seen Stokes in this season he more often than not contributes to the slow, ponderous build up.

Good player but we need a midfielder who floats and creates closer to oppositions box. McGinn and McGeouch far too deep and Boyle and Barker regularly float inside even when played out wide.

We help opposition to defend. We have to make pitch bigger (wider) and get ball forward faster (fewer passes played with more pace).

I think the play becomes ponderous and slow as we don’t have the quality and intelligence in the forward areas, in terms of movement and runs to allow quicker passes. The midfielders then have to look backwards or sideways for a pass as the forward ball is not on. Our defence today looked good or midfield dominated in the second half but nothing upfront. To me this has cost us all season.

Wellbankhibby
27-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Of course I wasn’t. That was two years ago. He has let everyone down that put so much faith in him this season. If Hibs deem his behaviour enough to keep him out the side and trying to offload him then it wasn’t just for breaking the curfew by an hour or so and having a couple of pints.
Team bonding and our biggest game of the season looming and he ****s it up royally. He ****ed over his manager, his team mates and every one of us that idolised him. Sick

No one disagrees with you on that but We Don't know the full story. Yes he must have done something stupid but why don't the club let us all know. Like you I want our best players on the park but I will Not Criticise any player untill I know all the Facts.

madhatter
27-01-2018, 07:57 PM
I think the play becomes ponderous and slow as we don’t have the quality and intelligence in the forward areas, in terms of movement and runs to allow quicker passes. The midfielders then have to look backwards or sideways for a pass as the forward ball is not on. Our defence today looked good or midfield dominated in the second half but nothing upfront. To me this has cost us all season.

Gap between midfield (McGinn and McGeouch) and our forwards is about 40yards when we start build up. Far too far apart.

We eventually advance further up the field but we need midfield to start further up or advance quicker. McGeouch and McGinn rarely get into oppositions box. Even when Bartley is playing and I really can't understand that...

Stokes when he played regularly dropped deeper and his movement would be clever, but unfortunately slow. He isn't as pacey as he once was.

Bishop Hibee
27-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Agree with the OP. Always be a hero but it’s sad the way his career with us seems to be fizzling out.

Lago
27-01-2018, 08:05 PM
This must be 3 if not 4 Stokes threads, all rehashing the same thing, we don't know and may never know the full story maybe time to let it lie until something substantial is confirmed.

RossScott1991
27-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Stokes has more ability than all the other forwards we know that.

However based on how he's been soo far this season i doubt he'd have made a difference. Thinking about all our games vs rangers, celtic, hearts etc soo far. I can't think of a stand out moment/performance from him this season in the big games.

OsloHibs
27-01-2018, 08:20 PM
You know what your getting with Stokes!! It's a case of being able to manage him and that's what has went wrong this season. I didn't want us to sign him in the Summer, but we did- and now we're paying him good money for doing nowt when we are crying out for a goal scorer. This whole situation is a complete mess.

fife hfc
27-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Gap between midfield (McGinn and McGeouch) and our forwards is about 40yards when we start build up. Far too far apart.

We eventually advance further up the field but we need midfield to start further up or advance quicker. McGeouch and McGinn rarely get into oppositions box. Even when Bartley is playing and I really can't understand that...

Stokes when he played regularly dropped deeper and his movement would be clever, but unfortunately slow. He isn't as pacey as he once was.

Today we had three upfront and during the first half I counted numerous times when the three stood in a line on the halfway line not giving any movement or even thinking about one of them dropping deep to give the midfield an option. Second half we changed and I counted numerous occasions we were on the edge of Celtics box but the ball never got played in by Ambrose or Barker as there was just nobody in the box. We need a centre forward that would allow a quicker ball as the forward players we have can’t play like that. We don’t have a focal point that we can build our forward play around.

Joe6-2
27-01-2018, 08:47 PM

I think we should be told

Wellbankhibby
27-01-2018, 08:51 PM

I agree with you on that point

Thecat23
27-01-2018, 08:51 PM
No one disagrees with you on that but We Don't know the full story. Yes he must have done something stupid but why don't the club let us all know. Like you I want our best players on the park but I will Not Criticise any player untill I know all the Facts.

The club may have their hands tied right now seeking legal action against him so that if he’s not sold we can punt him and it won’t cost us. Stokes had issues at Blackburn that has continued up here. I wanted it to work out for him here as I honestly thought Hibs and him went well.

Sadly that’s not the case and the amount of times he’s been pulled anyone else I think would have been gone. Hibs have gave him chance after chance after chance. Sorry but no player comes before Hibs. He’s out the door for a good reason.

Thecat23
27-01-2018, 08:52 PM

If Hibs could they would.

wookie70
27-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Today we had three upfront and during the first half I counted numerous times when the three stood in a line on the halfway line not giving any movement or even thinking about one of them dropping deep to give the midfield an option. Second half we changed and I counted numerous occasions we were on the edge of Celtics box but the ball never got played in by Ambrose or Barker as there was just nobody in the box. We need a centre forward that would allow a quicker ball as the forward players we have can’t play like that. We don’t have a focal point that we can build our forward play around.

I'm not sure what happened to our movement as in the League Cup campaign we were like a team of Simon Murray Duracell Bunnies. We simply don't work as hard as that on the ball and haven't done for some time. i wonder if some of the disciplinary issues have taken away some of the discretionary effort in the squad, or we are simply a bit jaded or maybe Lennon has told them not to be as expansive and play it tighter.

guthrie01
27-01-2018, 08:59 PM
If Hibs could they would.

Oh you tease...

Lago
27-01-2018, 09:19 PM
What will happen if Hibs can't move him on or he himself refuses to go?

Steve20
27-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Feel far more let down recently by Lennon than Stokes.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 09:22 PM

A continuation of the status quo?

You'd hope if such a scenario comes to pass we can get whatever the issues are resolved so we aren't paying him for nowt.

Heisenberg
27-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Why? Stokes has ****ed us over massively and been a major let down in the past few weeks.

Lago
27-01-2018, 09:25 PM
A continuation of the status quo?

You'd hope if such a scenario comes to pass we can get whatever the issues are resolved so we aren't paying him for nowt.
It's a worrying situation which is dragging on and now definitely seems to be causing problems on the playing side.

ismisebigo
27-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Oh you tease...
I have posted a few things on these pages and I know most do not see things my way, but my understanding is that even though Anthony had a few incidents everything was fine and the training in Portugal was going well. So it all comes down to what ever happened on that Tuesday night. When Lennon signed Anthony he knew what Stokes was like and also knew he probably would have to put up the fact that Anthony likes a few beer's . I am not saying it is right all I am saying its the nature of the beast. There is not a manager in Scotland who would not have known about Anthony and his off field problems.

Lennon had gone to a Celtic function there was no training the next day or no match that week. My Information is they never left the hotel and had a few late beers. Problem was it turned into a nasty exchange of words between Lennon and Stokes the next day which was bad enough but it happened in front of other coaches and players.

Things were said in the heat of the moment which neither side could back down. It became an issue of pride and who would back down. Don't forget they are or at least were good friends and drank together in many bars. Which makes it all the more sadder. Its a pity that nobody was there to knock their heads together

I know the Stokes for different reasons and maybe should not be posting here at all, but just trying to bring a little common sense to this, because I am told he is hurting over it and would love to turn the clock back. but because the manager has committed himself there is no going back.

fife hfc
27-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Wellbankhibby
The club may have their hands tied right now seeking legal action against him so that if he’s not sold we can punt him and it won’t cost us. Stokes had issues at Blackburn that has continued up here. I wanted it to work out for him here as I honestly thought Hibs and him went well.

Sadly that’s not the case and the amount of times he’s been pulled anyone else I think would have been gone. Hibs have gave him chance after chance after chance. Sorry but no player comes before Hibs. He’s out the door for a good reason.

The Big Issue is none of us know what has happened. I agree nobody is bigger than Hibs but what happened to innocent until proven Guilty. The Facts are until we all know what has happened nobody should be calling him a prick. Hero to zero and we don't know the full facts. If he has done anything worthy of dismissal then so be it. Yes Hibs come first but it's a disgrace shouting off when you don't know the facts.

Lago
I have posted a few things on these pages and I know most do not see things my way, but my understanding is that even though Anthony had a few incidents everything was fine and the training in Portugal was going well. So it all comes down to what ever happened on that Tuesday night. When Lennon signed Anthony he knew what Stokes was like and also knew he probably would have to put up the fact that Anthony likes a few beer's . I am not saying it is right all I am saying its the nature of the beast. There is not a manager in Scotland who would not have known about Anthony and his off field problems.

Lennon had gone to a Celtic function there was no training the next day or no match that week. My Information is they never left the hotel and had a few late beers. Problem was it turned into a nasty exchange of words between Lennon and Stokes the next day which was bad enough but it happened in front of other coaches and players.

Things were said in the heat of the moment which neither side could back down. It became an issue of pride and who would back down. Don't forget they are or at least were good friends and drank together in many bars. Which makes it all the more sadder. Its a pity that nobody was there to knock their heads together

I know the Stokes for different reasons and maybe should not be posting here at all, but just trying to bring a little common sense to this, because I am told he is hurting over it and would love to turn the clock back. but because the manager has committed himself there is no going back.
What a sad state of affairs.

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 09:35 PM

He will train with a coach away from EM and will be told to stay away from ER on match days so that he has no interaction with anyone from the club.

green day
27-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Course you do.

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 09:42 PM

" just a few beers " you sure about that ?

Stuart93
27-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Lennon is the manager, stokes is a player.

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 09:49 PM
The Big Issue is none of us know what has happened. I agree nobody is bigger than Hibs but what happened to innocent until proven Guilty. The Facts are until we all know what has happened nobody should be calling him a prick. Hero to zero and we don't know the full facts. If he has done anything worthy of dismissal then so be it. Yes Hibs come first but it's a disgrace shouting off when you don't know the facts.

I'm pretty sure Lennon & Leeann know what happened in Portugal, and that's all that matters, you think they are just leaving Stokes out the team for the sake of it, he has done wrong and is paying the price for it, the club wouldn't have taken this decision if he had just had a few beers to many, and why should the fans get to know the facts, it's a club matter and will be kept private until the club have more to say on the matter.

SRHibs
27-01-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Lennon & Leeann know what happened in Portugal, and that's all that matters, you think they are just leaving Stokes out the team for the sake of it, he has done wrong and is paying the price for it, the club wouldn't have taken this decision if he had just had a few beers to many, and why should the fans get to know the facts, it's a club matter and will be kept private until the club have more to say on the matter.

Yup, it’s pretty easy to deduce that’s it’s not “nothing” considering the course of action we’ve taken. Lennon has made it pretty obvious in interviews that he’s completely done with him - this is after he’s played down every past altercation/issue with any players.

OsloHibs
27-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Course you do.

And me too.

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 09:59 PM
feel far more let down recently by lennon than stokes.

ffs

Sir David Gray
27-01-2018, 09:59 PM

I highly doubt that Lennon would be keeping arguably our most talented player out of the team on purpose unless it was a serious breach of indiscipline. Especially since we've only managed to score one goal in the three matches he's missed.

I don't think we need to know much more from the club to realise that whatever he has done, either on this one occasion or as part of an accumulation of several occasions, it must be pretty serious for Lennon to keep him out of the squad and remove our biggest goal threat from the team.

neil7908
27-01-2018, 10:05 PM

I appreciate your personal connection to Stokes and also thank you for posting on here but I'm sorry, as I Hibs fan who spends a fair chunk of my money (and I'm not a rich man) following my team I expect far, far better than what you have described.

Maybe this wasn't your intention but my reading of your post is that he doesn't care about the club and just wants an easy ride.

You say that Lennon knew what Stokes was like with the implication that Lennon is somehow to blame. Let's flip that the other way - Stokes knows what Lennon is like so surely knew what would happen when he broke rules (apparently not just on one occasion).

I was happy to have him back at the club but can't wait to see the back of him now.

tamig
27-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Why? Stokes has ****ed us over massively and been a major let down in the past few weeks.

Because it’s Steve20 naturally.

BigT-Hibeez
27-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Can't argue he's let us all down, but yet again we can never forget what he has done for all us older hibbys he was the main man that won us the cup.
Player's come and go but he's a real Hibs legend, wouldn't change a thing.
Anytime I'd meet him I'll shake his hand..
For ever and ever.

I would slap him hard across the head, saying, what the ****** you up to mate?? Then hug him, and say: Thanks for winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs mate, we wouldn't have done it without your two amazing goals..!!
I dare anyone out there to disagree..

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Yup, it’s pretty easy to deduce that’s it’s not “nothing” considering the course of action we’ve taken. Lennon has made it pretty obvious in interviews that he’s completely done with him - this is after he’s played down every past altercation/issue with any players.

Now missed 3 games and folk think a wee word in his ear will solve everything, it's not happening, he has made his bed, his fault no one else's.

And I'm pretty sure this isn't just Lennon's decision.

sauzee6_2
27-01-2018, 10:16 PM
I appreciate your personal connection to Stokes and also thank you for posting on here but I'm sorry, as I Hibs fan who spends a fair chunk of my money (and I'm not a rich man) following my team I expect far, far better than what you have described.

Maybe this wasn't your intention but my reading of your post is that he doesn't care about the club and just wants an easy ride.

You say that Lennon knew what Stokes was like with the implication that Lennon is somehow to blame. Let's flip that the other way - Stokes knows what Lennon is like so surely knew what would happen when he broke rules (apparently not just on one occasion).

I was happy to have him back at the club but can't wait to see the back of him now.

Agreed 100%.

I am sure Stokes knew what to expect of Lennon (and visa versa) and as a fan who similarly spends over a thousand pounds every season watching Hibs I feel so let down, however delighted we have a manager standing up and taking no s***e.

Perhaps a bigger lesson in never going back for players that are club legends.

Unless of course Franck Sauzee is available.....😉

ismisebigo
27-01-2018, 10:16 PM

I really don't know how you deduct that Stokes does not care about the club from what I have said??

Bottom line is it all came down to the row between Lennon and Stokes on that Wed morning and no amount of gossip, rumors or assumptions by fans will change that. I can't really say what happened but i can guarantee you 100% it was serious and allowed to get out of control.

One thing I can say about Anthony Stokes is he never got an easy ride in his life and never expected or asked for one.

Look you have already got your wish he is gone from the club so you do not have to worry about that.

IberianHibernian
27-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Sad situation for club and player . Fact is that players of his quality wouldn`t sign for us if they didn`t have off field or fitness problems as they`d be playing at a higher level ( higher meaning better paid which may not always mean better level of football ) . If nothing suiting Hibs and Stokes can`t be sorted out by end of the month hopefully we can find a way to use him this season at least .

Thecat23
27-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Some folk know the facts pretty well and may just want to see him now leave. You honestly think he’s innocent after being dropped AGAIN by the club. Some folk should pull their head out the sand (I had too) as we all loved the guy for the cup final. But he’s not good for the club!

18Hibee75
27-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Would honestly love to see him at least in the squad next week. Would be very surprised though. He's been given quite a lot of stick for his performances this season, but he has that bit of quality that no other striker for us have. Miss him big time.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
27-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Can you explain this?

sauzee6_2
27-01-2018, 10:24 PM
I really don't know how you deduct that Stokes does not care about the club from what I have said??

Bottom line is it all came down to the row between Lennon and Stokes on that Wed morning and no amount of gossip, rumors or assumptions by fans will change that. I can't really say what happened but i can guarantee you 100% it was serious and allowed to get out of control.
Look you have already got your wish he is gone from the club so you do not have to worry about that.

I appreciate your inside knowledge, however you seem to be intimating a degree of sympathy for Stokes....

From what I’ve read Stokes broke the rules, was out later than permitted, disrupted people in the hotel, argued with the manager and as a result was omitted from a derby we ultimately lost.

Sorry, no one is bigger than the club and ultimately it’s the fans that have been let down.

KeithTheHibby
27-01-2018, 10:28 PM

You would.

Eyrie
27-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Now missed 3 games and folk think a wee word in his ear will solve everything, it's not happening, he has made his bed, his fault no one else's.

And I'm pretty sure this isn't just Lennon's decision.

Of course a wee word in Stokes' ear will stop all this happening ever again. It worked last time, and the time before that, and the time before that ....

Paisley Hibby
27-01-2018, 10:50 PM

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

"...a few late beers..." and "...though Anthony HAD A FEW INCIDENTS everything was fine..." you say (my emphasis). If that's true it's clear that things were anything but fine - BEFORE the bust up with Neil Lennon.

Given what happened at Blackburn last season and now at Hibs, I suspect that Anthony has got used to making his money by moving from club to club and his acting like a dick wherever he goes has helped move things along. Wee pay off here to terminate his contract and a signing on fee there from the next mugs to sign him. Sadly for us we're probably the last mugs in that line. Unless you can tell us differently?

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 10:57 PM

One thing I can say about Anthony Stokes is he never got an easy ride in his life and never expected or asked for one.

Do you really think we wished this to happen, how can you not get it, Stokes has taken the piss and the club have had enough of his crap, that's it in a nutshell, the manager is the boss, how can you and Stokes not understand that, he's in charge, you cross with him and the club and you pay the price.

I will ask again, you sure it was only a few drinks they had ?

ismisebigo
27-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

"...a few late beers..." and "...though Anthony HAD A FEW INCIDENTS everything was fine..." you say (my emphasis). Well actually, if what you say is true, then just from those two quotes it's clear that things were anything but fine - BEFORE the bust up with Neil Lennon.

Given what happened at Blackburn last season and now at Hibs, I can't help suspecting that Anthony has got used to making his money by moving from club to club. Wee pay off here to terminate his contract and a signing on fee there from the next mugs to sign him. Sadly for us we're probably the last mugs in that line. Unless you can tell us differently?

Your reply is exactly what I am talking about, No Offence but its this constant jumping to conclusions that some fans love to do. I wont even bother trying to explain why you are wrong, as I have found out from posting here that no matter what I say even though it may make sense other posters will use it to have a go and completely miss the point. I can only conclude that most football fans, are well , either very bigoted are just wanting some education. For example do you really believe the numerous newspaper articles that were written by journalists about Anthony?
I have a feeling that maybe you do or else is in the "No Smoke with Fire"camp, because I can tell you, you would be surprised if you knew the amount of newspapers that were sued and had to pay compensation and where that money went.
Look we will just leave it at that .. you are entitled to believe what you want and most people believe what makes them comfortable and what will fit into their beliefs and prejudices that will predetermine a certain outcome to any situation. Think about it ?

ismisebigo
27-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Do you really think we wished this to happen, how can you not get it, Stokes has taken the piss and the club have had enough of his crap, that's it in a nutshell, the manager is the boss, how can you and Stokes not understand that, he's in charge, you cross with him and the club and you pay the price.

I will ask again, you sure it was only a few drinks they had ?

This is another example of fans posting the obvious and then adding a twist to suit their thinking. Yes Lennon is the boss. Yes Anthony knew what he was doing. But is Anthony complaining NO , maybe he regrets it but he is man enough to know he has to go, as you say pay the price , he has no problem with that . its the fans that seem to have the problem.

marinello59
27-01-2018, 11:41 PM
This is another example of fans posting the obvious and then adding a twist to suit their thinking. Yes Lennon is the boss. Yes Anthony knew what he was doing. But is Anthony complaining NO , maybe he regrets it but he is man enough to know he has to go, as you say pay the price , he has no problem with that . its the fans that seem to have the problem.

You mean the fans he has let down badly?

Paisley Hibby
27-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Your reply is exactly what I am talking about, No Offence but its this constant jumping to conclusions that some fans love to do. I wont even bother trying to explain why you are wrong, as I have found out from posting here that no matter what I say even though it may make sense other posters will use it to have a go and completely miss the point. I can only conclude that most football fans, are well , either very bigoted are just wanting some education. For example do you really believe the numerous newspaper articles that were written by journalists about Anthony?
I have a feeling that maybe you do or else is in the "No Smoke with Fire"camp, because I can tell you, you would be surprised if you knew the amount of newspapers that were sued and had to pay compensation and where that money went.
Look we will just leave it at that .. you are entitled to believe what you want and most people believe what makes them comfortable and what will fit into their beliefs and prejudices that will predetermine a certain outcome to any situation. Think about it ?
If you look back at earlier posts I've made about this you'll see that I was very much in the two sides to every story and don't jump to conclusions camp - until I heard Neil Lennon's interview on Radio Scotland tonight and I read your post. I respect you wanting to put a view that supports Stokes but in doing so you've basically told us that there had already been a few incidents before things really kicked off on the Wednesday. You've also told us he'd like to turn the clock back - which means he must recognise that whatever he's done/been involved with was so bad it can't now be fixed? If what I said about moving from club to club to make money is unfair I apologise. I'm just angry and sad that it has come to this. Hibs invested a lot (by our standards) in him and now we are left weaker by his actions.

Tornadoes70
27-01-2018, 11:50 PM

It was the supporters who paid the price. Instead of celebrating 10 in a row which in my strong opinion would have happened if the build up to the game had been a normal one we ended up beating ourselves against a very poor yam side due to the events in Portugal.

I love Stokesy for his heroics against the huns to win the Holy Grail and always will but its time now for a parting of the ways as he's become a liability to the team and that's unacceptable. The club comes first always.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

snooky
28-01-2018, 12:18 AM
He will train with a coach away from EM and will be told to stay away from ER on match days so that he has no interaction with anyone from the club.

Who pays for the coach, SH?
II suppose it'll be Hibs' indirectly if Stokes pays him with the money he gets from Hibs' for doing SFA.

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 12:25 AM

If he sued that many papers for money then maybe he should have paid the guy ( Elvis impersonator)his compensation for assaulting him, or was that a misunderstanding as well.

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 12:30 AM

You obviously don't support a football team if you think the fans are to blame here.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Well we were told that a line had been drawn on this it has been dealt with. Presumably something else came to light.
At some point we the supporters need to draw a line and focus on investing in those that are the clubs stepping stone to and the future no point in adding in collateral damage.

So Elsa when can we ... :) https://g.co/kgs/nLioqX

dchibs
28-01-2018, 12:38 AM

Agree with this especially the intelligence part, how many times do we see players try to shoot when its blocked, when a simple pass to a player in the open have a better chance.

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 12:40 AM
You obviously don't support a football team if you think the fans are to blame here.

Obviously we are all morons if we don’t agree with his ridiculously biased views of Stokes.

The actions Hibs have taken speak for themselves. If you claim Stokes is somehow a victim in this then the burden of proof is on you. There’s no reason for any Hibs supporter so assume it’s any less one-sided when it comes to blame than it appears to be.

The_Horde
28-01-2018, 12:42 AM
https://g.co/kgs/nLioqXWell we were told that a line had been drawn on this it has been dealt with. Presumably something else came to light.
At some point we the supporters need to draw a line and focus on investing in those that are the clubs stepping stone to and the future no point in adding in collateral damage.

So Elsa when can we ... :) https://g.co/kgs/nLioqX

The more I read your posts, the more I wonder how strong the drugs are in the sambalands..

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Who pays for the coach, SH?
II suppose it'll be Hibs' indirectly if Stokes pays him with the money he gets from Hibs' for doing SFA.

Hibs, he has the right to train if he is still at the club, we have done it to a few players in the past, but they got to train at EM, I don't think Lennon will want him anywhere near the players so possibly down the beach each day for a few hours with a coach setting out drills for him and then the coach can take a seat in his car and shout his orders :greengrin:

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 12:46 AM

No I know nothing about Football its not my game. So you are correct , I am not blaming the fans in any way you misunderstand me. All I am saying is people are posting here some bad stuff about Anthony and saying he does not care about the Club, Wonder if you saw the tread about Anthony that was deleted?

Of Course he cares about Club and About the fans and especially Lennon. but things happen life where things are said in anger and there is no going back. There is no point in fans posting things like "he is a prick ,he has to go " or he only "makes money by signing for new clubs",

Anthony does not need fans telling him he has to go , he knew and accepted that on the Wed morning after the exchange of words ( we will just call it words ) He took a standpoint rightly or wrongly and stood by that. and until it becomes clear exactly what happened that day , fans or anybody else should not make any judgement's or jump to conclusions, just accept there was an exchange of words that led Anthony to leave the club , just as it happens in many jobs up and down the country.
If some fans want to read anything sinister into this or just make up stories to suit their beliefs please go ahead the papers have done it to Anthony for years.

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 12:48 AM
No I know nothing about Football its not my game. So you are correct , I am not blaming the fans in any way you misunderstand me. All I am saying is people are posting here some bad stuff about Anthony and saying he does not care about the Club, Wonder if you saw the tread about Anthony that was deleted?

Of Course he cares about Club and About the fans and especially Lennon. but things happen life where things are said in anger and there is no going back. There is no point in fans posting things like "he is a prick ,he has to go " or he only "makes money by signing for new clubs",

Anthony does not need fans telling him he has to go , he knew and accepted that on the Wed morning after the exchange of words ( we will just call it words ) He took a standpoint rightly or wrongly and stood by that. and until it becomes clear exactly what happened that day , fans or anybody else should not make any judgement's or jump to conclusions, just accept there was an exchange of words that led Anthony to leave the club , just as it happens in many jobs up and down the country.
If some fans want to read anything sinister into this or just make up stories to suit their beliefs please go ahead the papers have done to Anthony for years.

It doesn’t happen so habitually with most normal people though. Stokes has a history of acting before he thinks.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 12:54 AM
If he sued that many papers for money then maybe he should have paid the guy ( Elvis impersonator)his compensation for assaulting him, or was that a misunderstanding as well.

No, not any misunderstanding, but I am afraid unless you know Anthony very well you will have to wait until he finishes football before you learn the truth. In the meantime just keep reading the Daily Star or what ever Paper the Pro British Scottish public support by the way you wont see such stories in the National.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 12:56 AM
It doesn’t happen so habitually with most normal people though. Stokes has a history of acting before he thinks.

Hmm, you could be correct, remind you of anyone else?...

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 01:03 AM
No, not any misunderstanding, but I am afraid unless you know Anthony very well you will have to wait until he finishes football before you learn the truth. In the meantime just keep reading the Daily Star or what ever Paper the Pro British Scottish public support by the way you wont see such stories in the National.

Dire.

Daydreamer
28-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Hmm, you could be correct, remind you of anyone else?...
As you can see with my number of posts I dont post often but really intrigued to ask you a question. Are you Anthony himself??

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Dire.

Yes I agree Dire is the word for it. Nothing else could explain why people, especially Scottish, could bring themselves to read the National papers not alone quote from them.

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2018, 01:21 AM
As you can see with my number of posts I dont post often but really intrigued to ask you a question. Are you Anthony himself??

Either that or his agent it seems.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 01:22 AM

Well I did think about saying Yes to your question, but No is the answer. I have posted previously how I came to know the Stokes family and especially Anthony.

Why would you think I was Anthony ??

Daydreamer
28-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Well I did think about saying Yes to your question, but No is the answer. I have posted previously how I came to know the Stokes family and especially Anthony.

Why would you think I was Anthony ??

MMMM Anthony is a very intelligent guy who I met with a friend who was a Hibs player and one day soon will be a Hibs player again. Just the way you come across reminds me of the way Anthony spoke and reading your previous posts MMMMMM

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 01:38 AM
MMMM Anthony is a very intelligent guy who I met with a friend who was a Hibs player and one day soon will be a Hibs player again. Just the way you come across reminds me of the way Anthony spoke and reading your previous posts MMMMMM

Well maybe its the we Dubliner's think and speak , especially those who have, lets say, a more in dept knowledge of our history..

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Yes I agree Dire is the word for it. Nothing else could explain why people, especially Scottish, could bring themselves to read the National papers not alone quote from them.

Because they don’t align with your political allegiances? You’re now bringing bigotry into the equation. Maybe you should accept that ‘Anthony’ is being held responsible for his actions, and it’s not all a conspiracy to make him look bad.

Daydreamer
28-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Well maybe its the we Dubliner's think and speak , especially those who have, lets say, a more in dept knowledge of our history..

Slipping up now then.

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 01:42 AM
Either that or his agent it seems.

Thought it was his dad from the off tbh.

Daydreamer
28-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Thought it was his dad from the off tbh.

That would tie up nicely from the joining date.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 01:54 AM
Because they don’t align with your political allegiances? You’re now bringing bigotry into the equation. Maybe you should accept that ‘Anthony’ is being held responsible for his actions, and it’s not all a conspiracy to make him look bad.

Well, if you really believe that you are either very Naive or else one of the Class of people who support the bigotry and exploration of the ruling powers which is manifested through its public media.

OsloHibs
28-01-2018, 01:55 AM
What a load of nonsense this thread is becoming.

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Well, if you really believe that you are either very Naive or else one of the Class of people who support the bigotry and exploration of the ruling powers which is manifested through its public media.

Bolt ya radge.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 02:01 AM
What a load of nonsense this thread is becoming.

I totally agree with you , and thank you for admitting that, Its complete nonsense at the very minimum that people are free to post what they like without any evidence or knowledge of what really happened.. as I said the things that were posted about Anthony's family in the tread that was deleted was beyond comment. So well done you are one of a very few who has called it as it is.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Bolt ya radge.

See. I don't understand your above comment, would you please explain?

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 02:04 AM
See. I don't understand your above comment, would you please explain?

You’re being a little bit silly here. Please go away.

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 02:06 AM
You’re being a little bit silly here. Please go away.

Oh Right , I will go now

SRHibs
28-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Oh Right , I will go now

I didn’t mean it literally. Anyway, futile argument. Let’s just see how it pans out I guess.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 06:12 AM

A - It was a Scotland legends function
B - There was a match on the Friday vs Willem II.

It was more than a few beers...

Stokes has a "history" of being economical with the truth

ismisebigo
28-01-2018, 07:42 AM
A - It was a Scotland legends function
B - There was a match on the Friday vs Willem II.

It was more than a few beers...

Stokes has a "history" of being economical with the truth

I am only posting what we heard here in Dublin, I cannot guarantee that my information is correct , just going on past experience where what I heard did in fact turn out to be the truth ,
I think I will leave it there, there is not much point posting anymore. I said what i believed to be the truth and I hope some fans will as least keep an open mind until we know exactly what happened. Thanks to all who have read my posts. Best of luck in all the upcoming games.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 07:57 AM
I am only posting what we heard here in Dublin, I cannot guarantee that my information is correct , just going on past experience where what I heard did in fact turn out to be the truth ,
I think I will leave it there, there is not much point posting anymore. I said what i believed to be the truth and I hope some fans will as least keep an open mind until we know exactly what happened. Thanks to all who have read my posts. Best of luck in all the upcoming games.

You must be friends with AS, he has a habit of painting a different picture, than the truth.

Too many times, he has taken the proverbial. Portugal was a training camp, not a holiday, and to do it before a huge cup tie against the vermin is nothing but pathetic and totally unprofessional behaviour

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-01-2018, 08:00 AM

Appreciate you giving your perspective.

The fact is none (or very, very few) of us fans know what went on, all we can do is piece things together from what the protagonists have said and past behaviour.

For what its worth, i have no trouble believing that this is a pride thing with lenny, but equally i have no problem with that. If a player - any player- has challenged his authority to such an extent in front of other players, then i back lenny on that.

Im really sad amd frustrated the way it has panned out - and that is why there is such a depth of feeling on this - hibs fams desperately wanted stokes' return to work out well, on his game he is brilliant, and he has shown it in a fdw games tgis season so far.

Ultimately, we are losing our best attacker, the club is losinh a tip earner that we probably cant replace, stokes is losing another shot at rebuilding his career on the pitch and and lenny has lost the respect of a player he obviously holds in very high regard. Thats, im sure, why he feels so let down

There is no dohbt in my mind it affected us in the derby, we disnt perform at all well and it was the performance of a team who were not completely at ease with themselves imo.

But this situation is not of the fans making, it is of stokes making (and maybe a few others too).

Hibs supporters love stokes, and always will, but it is hard not to feel let down over this situation, and it does seem that its predominantly of stokes' making.

Its a rubbish situation with no winners.

AngloHibs
28-01-2018, 08:45 AM
What has Scottish Separatism got to do with any of this?

All these papers you claim Stokes has sued - can you link to any of the corrections and apologies they were forced to print? Thought not....

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 08:50 AM

???????????????????????????

What ????

Sioux
28-01-2018, 08:56 AM

This is just a blatant lie.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 09:29 AM

I think Lennon has handled this in the wrong way. No matter what he's done he should be in the team. Stokesy will forever be a Hibernian legend long after Lennon has been forgotten.

BoomtownHibees
28-01-2018, 09:30 AM
I think Lennon has handled this in the wrong way. No matter what he's done he should be in the team. Stokesy will forever be a Hibernian legend long after Lennon has been forgotten.

Rubbish (not the legend part)

Heisenberg
28-01-2018, 09:32 AM

So because Stokes is a legend for the cup final he can get away with what he wants and rip the piss out of the club, the manager and his teammates? Not for me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Maybe a wrong comparison but if you look at Stephen Dobbie, he fell all the way down to Dumbarton on loan before he had a reality check and sorted himself out and he got himself into EPL. Seems like Stokes gets new boundaries set just so he can see how far he can push them. Whatever his issues are, and I don't know what they are, it is a frustrating crying shame to see such a talent go awry. Sure that he has let managers, team mates, fans and others down but most importantly he has let himself down.

Betty Boop
28-01-2018, 09:48 AM
???????????????????????????

What ????

Best ignored clearly a windup merchant.

CockneyRebel
28-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I think Lennon has handled this in the wrong way. No matter what he's done he should be in the team. Stokesy will
forever be a Hibernian legend long after Lennon has been forgotten.

That is probably the most ridiculous statement ever to have been made on this forum (and I've made a few).

Paisley Hibby
28-01-2018, 10:05 AM
What?? Keep Stokes happy and lose the respect of the rest of the squad? Aye right 😏

snooky
28-01-2018, 10:10 AM

:stirrer: :coffee:

s.a.m
28-01-2018, 10:12 AM

It's a team game. If the manager thinks that a player is causing dressing room problems or making it difficult to manage the team, and won't respond to warnings, then I can't see that he has any other option than to get rid. Stokes remains a legend because of his cup final heroics, but legendary status wins us no games. We need a player who's working for the team and giving us their best, and it doesn't look like Stokes is doing either of those.

jacomo
28-01-2018, 10:17 AM

You are way off with this.

Fortunately Hibs fans don’t think along sectarian lines. Everyone is upset that the gamble on Stokes is not paying off... unfortunately it looks that way.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 10:17 AM
It's a team game. If the manager thinks that a player is causing dressing room problems or making it difficult to manage the team, and won't respond to warnings, then I can't see that he has any other option than to get rid. Stokes remains a legend because of his cup final heroics, but legendary status wins us no games. We need a player who's working for the team and giving us their best, and it doesn't look like Stokes is doing either of those.

If Lennon is punting him so be it, but why not play him? It's doing the team no favours, nor the club if we're to get any money for him. This comes over as an ego thing between Lennon and Stokes, and by all accounts Lennon is touting himself for the Scotland job and isn't showing any great commitment to us.

greenlex
28-01-2018, 10:18 AM
If Lennon is punting him so be it, but why not play him? It's doing the team no favours, nor the club if we're to get any money for him. This comes over as an ego thing between Lennon and Stokes, and by all accounts Lennon is touting himself for the Scotland job and isn't showing any great commitment to us.

By all accounts aye?

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Touting himself for scotland job? Get a grip

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2018, 10:32 AM

I think it might be the culmination of many small incidents rather than something really naughty that's caused the problem we now have. Some folks just don't know when to stop.

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 10:33 AM
I totally agree with you , and thank you for admitting that, Its complete nonsense at the very minimum that people are free to post what they like without any evidence or knowledge of what really happened.. as I said the things that were posted about Anthony's family in the tread that was deleted was beyond comment. So well done you are one of a very few who has called it as it is.

Simple question for you, were you in Portugal.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Lennon dropped Jason for a few games when he was our top scorer too, all for missing a golf outing I believe. A complete over reaction at the time and was to the detriment of the team at the time. Dropping him from the squad helps no-one least of all the team.

Stuart93
28-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Lennon dropped Jason for a few games when he was our top scorer too, all for missing a golf outing I believe. A complete over reaction at the time and was to the detriment of the team at the time. Dropping him from the squad helps no-one least of all the team.

I thought Jason came back into the team after missing a few games hungrier...his form had dipped before he was dropped.

Smartie
28-01-2018, 10:48 AM

That was one of the best bits on management during Lennon's time at Hibs.

Jason wasn't playing well and deserved to be dropped.

He came back a better player for knowing that he wasn't undroppable.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 10:58 AM
That was one of the best bits on management during Lennon's time at Hibs.

Jason wasn't playing well and deserved to be dropped.

He came back a better player for knowing that he wasn't undroppable.

Not how I remember it, but each to their own and all that.

snooky
28-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Does nothing for team spirit when a loose cannon is allowed to do what they want while the rest act professionally. When I was working, I certainly wouldn't have skived off if I'd been offered a game of golf instead of a day in the office (if in fact that's what Jason did).

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I do not need any evidence at all from what happened. I go with how our very experienced manager whom was also a very experienced player at club and international level whom will have seen many things over his last 30 years in the game.

Neil has a job to do here and will not take lightly dropping one of his highest paid and best players that could impact results. If Lennon believes the issue whatever it is was serious enough to do what he has done then I go with that. I am not happy that of team has been weakened but if Lennon believes a situation has arisen where that has arisen then I believe it is serious enough to be where we are at.

Clerie Green
28-01-2018, 11:10 AM
I do not need any evidence at all from what happened. I go with how our very experienced manager whom was also a very experienced player at club and international level whom will have seen many things over his last 30 years in the game.

Neil has a job to do here and will not take lightly dropping one of his highest paid and best players that could impact results. If Lennon believes the issue whatever it is was serious enough to do what he has done then I go with that. I am not happy that of team has been weakened but if Lennon believes a situation has arisen where that has arisen then I believe it is serious enough to be where we are at.

Well said Cap’n .
:flag::nlgwa:flag:

H18S NX
28-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Thought it was his dad from the off tbh...............snap.

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 11:31 AM
..............snap.

This... it’s clearly a family member of some sort. Very defensive which is fair enough, but maybe that person is only hearing Stokes side where the ones who’s heard the stuff that went on and it’s all the same from different members of the team etc can see the bigger picture.

Stokes has taken the piss that’s a fact! I posted 2 weeks ago and someone quoted it saying “there is a lot more to this still to come out.” Lennon now himself saying the same! For me I’ll be grateful for the cup guy was unreal, but the way he’s treated our club lately couldn’t care less if he is sacked!

Eaststand
28-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Hey Daydreamer, that was an interesting wee snippet in that post. How about a wee bit more info about who the ex player that will return to us is ?

GGTTH

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Well, that's pretty barking.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 11:52 AM

I think the expression is 'Jesus wept'.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Gigantic ****ing SNIFFFFFFF. An absolutely Yammental post.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 11:56 AM

Spot on. There's only one boss and it isn't Stokes.

Lennon is right and even if he's wrong, he's still right. Dressing rooms run or disrupted by players are loser dressing rooms.

snooky
28-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Spot on. There's only one boss and it isn't Stokes.

Lennon is right and even if he's wrong, he's still right. Dressing rooms run or disrupted by players are loser dressing rooms.

Maybe someone else can confirm this. IIRC, wasn't Yogi accused of letting Stokes away with similar stuff at EM during his tenure? We put it down to the fact that they had known each other while at Falkirk.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Gigantic ****ing SNIFFFFFFF. An absolutely Yammental post.

Is everyone with a differing opinion from you a yam?

snooky
28-01-2018, 12:45 PM

With only 17 posts you'll still have the 'is he a yam' question mark against you, especially if you post something that's in any way controversial. My advice to new posters is to not ruffle any feathers until you are 'established' and accepted as a bona fide poster.
In the interim, expect some flak. :nerd:

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 12:51 PM

You tell me.

Judge-Judy
28-01-2018, 12:55 PM
With only 17 posts you'll still have the 'is he a yam' question mark against you, especially if you post something that's in any way controversial. My advice to new posters is to not ruffle any feathers until you are 'established' and accepted as a bona fide poster.
In the interim, expect some flak. :nerd:

I know at least 1 poster on here who could verify my Hibernian credentials if necessary. There'll be a good few yams on here with a high post count I'm sure :cb

snooky
28-01-2018, 01:02 PM
I know at least 1 poster on here who could verify my Hibernian credentials if necessary. There'll be a good few yams on here with a high post count I'm sure :cb

:agree: You are more than likely correct on both points, JJ

Lago
28-01-2018, 02:01 PM
So who's this soon to be Hibs player again, name names.

Lago
28-01-2018, 02:08 PM
This... it’s clearly a family member of some sort. Very defensive which is fair enough, but maybe that person is only hearing Stokes side where the ones who’s heard the stuff that went on and it’s all the same from different members of the team etc can see the bigger picture.

Stokes has taken the piss that’s a fact! I posted 2 weeks ago and someone quoted it saying “there is a lot more to this still to come out.” Lennon now himself saying the same! For me I’ll be grateful for the cup guy was unreal, but the way he’s treated our club lately couldn’t care less if he is sacked!
You have to admit Stokes biography will be a cracker and some people will be hiding under the bed when it comes out. 😁

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 02:09 PM
You have to admit Stokes biography will be a cracker and some people will be hiding under the bed when it comes out. 😁

No doubt be an interesting read 😁

sleeping giant
28-01-2018, 02:11 PM
I know at least 1 poster on here who could verify my Hibernian credentials if necessary.:cb

Son of Haggart ?

:guesswho:

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 02:14 PM

WTF you on about.

worcesterhibby
28-01-2018, 02:16 PM

If it ever comes out, which I doubt. Writing a biography, even with a ghost writer involves quite a bit of work....not Anthony's strong point.

Mind you..it's a way of making money that's "all about him" so maybe he will.

Big L
28-01-2018, 06:15 PM
I have to think that some of this stuff, Stokes etc might be avoided if we had a stronger captain, someone who would get a grip of the situation as it is unfolding and stop it getting out of hand. I watched McGregor giving Efe it tight during the derby and their was no doubt he was taking on board what was being said. I wonder if a big strong character like McGregor having a go at Stokes might have prevented all this. Maybe taking him aside after training and just putting him straight.

B.H.F.C
28-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Not how I remember it, but each to their own and all that.

Your memory is failing you on that one. When Cummings was dropped we didn't suffer. Boyle came in for him and had his best run of goal scoring form in his time at Hibs.

3pm
28-01-2018, 06:26 PM
I have to think that some of this stuff, Stokes etc might be avoided if we had a stronger captain, someone who would get a grip of the situation as it is unfolding and stop it getting out of hand. I watched McGregor giving Efe it tight during the derby and their was no doubt he was taking on board what was being said. I wonder if a big strong character like McGregor having a go at Stokes might have prevented all this. Maybe taking him aside after training and just putting him straight.

Did Gray and Stokes not have a scrap 2 years ago? Maybe I imagined that.

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2018, 06:31 PM

i think stokes' problems are in his head, 'strong' captains don't have the qualifications to help stokes...imo

Big L
28-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Did Gray and Stokes not have a scrap 2 years ago? Maybe I imagined that.

I think you might be right, just wondered if he would be keen to go head to head wi McGregor. I know who my money would be on. Direct confrontations wi management never end well,

28-01-2018, 06:32 PM
He gets spared a lot of stick by a lot of hibs fans because of what he did in the final and fair enough, yes he will ALWAYS be a legend because of that but the reality is, he's let the club down. Cup final hero or not, he has taken the piss and i'm not surprised that Lennons patience has finally worn thin. Good on Lennon IMO, taking no ****, making an example of him and not letting Stokes away with pissing about and causing a disruption behind the scenes.

Good player but his attitude seems to stink. As the old saying goes "nobody is bigger than the club" so regardless of who you are you are not entitled to cause bother. We've had more than our fair share of players with poor attitudes in the past and managers have been soft. I'm glad we have Lennon who is taking a tough stance with it.

Stokes (along with others I may add!) abused the managers trust and let the club down abroad. They were there for an all expenses paid training camp, not a holiday. Stokes, being one of the older, more experienced guys in the team should have been setting an example to the younger lads. He's been round the block enough times, he knows exactly what is expected of him but clearly he still hasn't properly screwed the head. He's already been on the managers bad side this season with that training ground nonsense, he more than anyone should have been focusing 100% on keeping whiter than white. Don't know if its that his ego is way to big or he's just thick but either way its a disruption we don't need.

Very sad and disappointing way for his hibs career to end given everything he gave to us but Lennon has done the right thing IMO and I hope it sends the message loud and clear to the rest of the players. Screw the nut or get your coat basically.

Big L
28-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Simple question for you, were you in Portugal.

Silver, does Stokesy accept he was in the wrong?

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 07:36 PM

Oh aye, what happened here then? Can't say I'm spectacularly surprised. One HHGH too many?