PDA

View Full Version : please...PLEASE....

AgentDaleCooper
27-01-2018, 04:59 PM
neil, leanne, rod...we need a goalscorer...

bingo70
27-01-2018, 05:00 PM
neil, leanne, rod...we need a goalscorer...

We’ve signed one but he doesn’t get on the park for any more than a couple of minutes.

yonder1875
27-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Stephen Dobbie scores his third hat trick of the season today.

green viper
27-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Please please get a manager in that knows how to pick a team

Heisenberg
27-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Eh...Jamie Maclaren? Thing is we don’t know if he’s up to it because he’s not had a proper chance.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Oh aye... Buckfast kicking in early....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Stephen Dobbie scores his third hat trick of the season today.

A few scoffed when his name was mentioned 18 months ago...would have been a great addition....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Tbf we could have had Harry Kane up top today and our lack of creativity would have made it a tough shift for him.

I'm still convinced a large part of the problem lies further back.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Tbf we could have had Harry Kane up top today and our lack of creativity would have made it a tough shift for him.

I'm still convinced a large part of the problem lies further back.Been saying this for ages...it's the lack of creativity in the midfield that's the bigger issue ..Dylan and SJM are two of the same and something needs changing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RossScott1991
27-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Dare I say it i'd take Scott Allan back in a heartbeat. Him alongside another midfielder wide player, and a striker and things would look rosy

Dalianwanda
27-01-2018, 05:13 PM

yawn

seanshow
27-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Get Swanson in the team every week to create chances and we will win more games I guarantee it. :greengrin

One Day Soon

Levein's selections ARE quite boring to be fair.

Thecat23
Creative midfielder and a proven striker and we’ll do alright. If not then we’ll do well to hold onto forth.

We play nice football at times but all very slow and pedestrian! Still a work in progress but massive room for improvement!

Pretty Boy
Dare I say it i'd take Scott Allan back in a heartbeat. Him alongside another midfielder wide player, and a striker and things would look rosy

Said the same last week. There are issues with bringing him back but sure he had something like 20 assists the last time he was here. The 'right' Scott Allan would be a good fit for thsi team, football wise, in my opinion.

RossScott1991
27-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Said the same last week. There are issues with bringing him back but sure he had something like 20 assists the last time he was here. The 'right' Scott Allan would be a good fit for thsi team, football wise, in my opinion.

football fans are fickle also, if he came back and ran the midfielder all would be forgiven, guaranteed.

lord bunberry
27-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Absolutely, we had so much possession in the second half, but created very little. It’s a creative, goal scoring midfielder we need.

Captain Trips
27-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Get Swanson in the team every week to create chances and we will win more games I guarantee it. :greengrin

Well no point in Boyle, Barker and Swanson all creating chances to be missed or by the striker not being in right place. If we are going to have a wide man and a creative midfielder we should then have 2 up top to make space for each other.

I would be happy with one upfront if could hold up ball win headers, shot on target, score goals and have guile but to be all that costs millions of pounds so we need that balance between 2 strikers.

I was not the biggest fan of Holts goal return but if he was up top with, Murray, Shaw or even Maclaren I am convinced we would have scored more goals. Barker or Boyle for a 2nd forward or 3 5 2.

Famous Fiver
27-01-2018, 05:20 PM
I take it we have got a hidden stash somewhere.

Clubs from Real Madrid down are looking for goal scoring midfielders.

Does Lord Bunberry have some names that are within our price range? I would humbly suggest that NL will be looking and if you can help him, I for one would be very grateful.

andybev1
27-01-2018, 05:21 PM
In his interview lennon said we might have to sell before we can buy - depressing.

cleanyman
27-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Stokes SOS.

We have no idea what to do in the final third

Ozyhibby
27-01-2018, 05:22 PM

It’s a creative midfielder we need even more. We are not creating enough chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
27-01-2018, 05:23 PM
In his interview lennon said we might have to sell before we can buy - depressing.

We’ve already chucked our budget on the likes of Stokes/Ambrose/Whittaker/Big Dave/Swanson. Only one of whom currently regularly play for us as well. Brutal.

lord bunberry
27-01-2018, 05:26 PM
I take it we have got a hidden stash somewhere.

Clubs from Real Madrid down are looking for goal scoring midfielders.

Does Lord Bunberry have some names that are within our price range? I would humbly suggest that NL will be looking and if you can help him, I for one would be very grateful.
I’m not the manager or head of recruitment. What a strange post. Do you think we should just throw our hands up in the air and say there’s no point in trying? We need to be looking for young talent that’s ready to make the step up. Morgan at St Mirren was a possibility at the start of the season, as was Mallan from the same club. **** knows what Real Madrid have got to do with anything, they’re not operating in the same market as us. Does that answer you question?

stoneyburn hibs
27-01-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking that the midfield duo of the two Mac's getting broken up might actually help us get more goals.

Keith_M
27-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Harsh financial reality, though.

HoboHarry
27-01-2018, 05:43 PM
:clown:

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Levein's selections ARE quite boring to be fair.

So are your responses to everyone criticising your god.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Team played collectively well today bar the usual now baws up at the back. Lennon can't be blamed for that but Jamie McLaren, why? Grasshoppers gadge I feel will be similar chance wise.

hhibs
27-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm thinking that the midfield duo of the two Mac's getting broken up might actually help us get more goals.

This.

HFCdeb
27-01-2018, 06:19 PM

I agree.

mcfly
27-01-2018, 06:21 PM
I think our budget may be spent - prob have to get rid of a few to free up wages.

However I’m disappointed in our signings this season.

A striker that scores is vital but why is Maclaren not given a chance?

mcfly
27-01-2018, 06:24 PM
On a different note hearts goalie saying ball not over the line for Motherwell goal

What a shame 😃😃

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 06:27 PM
On a different note hearts goalie saying ball not over the line for Motherwell goal

What a shame 😃😃

Shocked that they flumps got a decision against their favour.
Motherwell midweek is massive for us. Great chance to go 7 ahead of them.

The Modfather
27-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Thought this thread was going to be about The Beatles’ album 😀

snooky
27-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Stokes SOS.

We have no idea what to do in the final third

Sack
Or
Sell?

heretoday
27-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Get the Dobster.

snooky
27-01-2018, 06:38 PM

What a shame 😃😃

Tough :violin:

Haymaker
27-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Derek Riordan is free? Proven goalscorer

J-C
27-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Here's a wild idea, play Danny Swanson, he's an attacking creative player, or he used to be, if Lennon refuses to play Danny go and get another creative player now.

Onion

What a shame 😃😃

Yam goalies always seem to have 20/20 and a lot to say when the ball doesn't cross the line. Not so vocal when the ball clearly goes in :cb

SteveHFC
Derek Riordan is free? Proven goalscorer

:hyper

SideBurns
27-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Shocked that they flumps got a decision against their favour.
Motherwell midweek is massive for us. Great chance to go 7 ahead of them.

Potter had the cheek to say: "Swings and roundabouts - hopefully we'll get a decision in our favour soon"!!

houstonhibbee
27-01-2018, 07:02 PM
That tall irish beapole with sharp elbows languishing in the reserves in west Edinburgh?

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2018, 07:48 PM
The fact that we don't have Stokes and his goal threat on the pitch now, means that McClaren (bought to make the difference up front) really needs to hit the ground running, which is a big, BIG ask at this stage. I can only assume that he is not delivering on the training ground and thus finds his game time limited. He appears to be off-the-pace of the Scottish game and needs time to get-up-to-speed. This, for me, is a disappointment, as is the severe lack of regular goals from practically our entire side. Murray, I love for his energy and enthusiasm, but his scoring is sporadic and irregular, but, to be fair, his game time, too, has been limited. The midfield, for all the praise heaped upon it, simply don't get into the box often enough to present a threat, and McGinn's goal aganst Dundee proves that he has it in his locker to score far, far more than he does - 5 goals, I believe, to date, but really should be in double figures for such a dynamic, much admired and sought after player.
For our entire side to have scored only 4 league goals more than we have conceded tells its own story. Other teams (ie Aberdeen) are not much better, but they have that wee bit more of a cutting edge and this currently separates them from us.
Like most Hibbies, I keep my fingers crossed that Neil Lennon pulls that rabbit out of the hat and finds that " missing" ingredient to keep us in the hunt for 2nd spot.

Centre Hawf
27-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Every time I see him play at the moment I wonder to myself why on earth we turned down a 6 figure sum from that Turkish team for Simon Murray. Baffling.

Just Jimmy
27-01-2018, 09:43 PM
sign kris boyd. he scores goals...

He's also a fat hun prick.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brianmc
27-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Every time I see him play at the moment I wonder to myself why on earth we turned down a 6 figure sum from that Turkish team for Simon Murray. Baffling.

I'm sure a large part of the decision was the fact Murray is under contract. The Club could accept any offer they like - if the player isnae interested it means hee haw.
Add that to the fact Stokes is a busted flush leaving Murray as our only striker in double figures..... It's really not that hard to understand is it?

HibeeDaz6270
27-01-2018, 10:27 PM
I think we have enough creative players in midfield but we are lacking options further forward . I think if you have a striker who can take it in to feet and bring others in to play we would see more openings from our midfielders .i think Dylan and slivka will both be capable of creating we just need a striker capable. A striker who you can play in to his feet and keep the ball will drag there players out to create gaps. Far to often we play the ball in to a striker for play to break down.

I think the problem is definitely up top which means we create less.

We need to bring someone in. We seen to have accepted a battle for 4th and strengthening in the summer rather than showing a bit of ambition and pushing Aberdeen and rangers

J-C
28-01-2018, 12:08 AM

I think what we're seeing from Murray in the last 5-6 games is why so many Dundee U supporters were baffled as to why we signed him, they didn't seem too fussed that he was leaving. His all round game intelligence is pretty poor and at time headless chicken springs to mind, I know this is Lennon's wee project but we're in the Premiership and we can't afford to have projects, we need Premier quality players playing now.

hibbysam
28-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Would like us to go 4-2-3-1 with Maclaren up top. Barker Swanson and Boyle in behind with Dylan and McGinn sitting deeper

J-C
28-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Would like us to go 4-2-3-1 with Maclaren up top. Barker Swanson and Boyle in behind with Dylan and McGinn sitting deeper

And you'd drop Slivka who's been our best midfielder the last 2 games?

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Let's face it, the manager has said we need to get rid of a couple of players to bring in a couple, if we can't move anyone on before Wednesday then no one will come in and that will probably include the Swiss striker, I would take it that's why we haven't signed him yet as there is no player budget left.

We might have to except what we have and get on with the rest of the season and see where we end up in the league.

FitbaFolkKen
28-01-2018, 01:17 AM
The fact that we don't have Stokes and his goal threat on the pitch now, means that McClaren (bought to make the difference up front) really needs to hit the ground running, which is a big, BIG ask at this stage. I can only assume that he is not delivering on the training ground and thus finds his game time limited. He appears to be off-the-pace of the Scottish game and needs time to get-up-to-speed. This, for me, is a disappointment, as is the severe lack of regular goals from practically our entire side. Murray, I love for his energy and enthusiasm, but his scoring is sporadic and irregular, but, to be fair, his game time, too, has been limited. The midfield, for all the praise heaped upon it, simply don't get into the box often enough to present a threat, and McGinn's goal aganst Dundee proves that he has it in his locker to score far, far more than he does - 5 goals, I believe, to date, but really should be in double figures for such a dynamic, much admired and sought after player.
For our entire side to have scored only 4 league goals more than we have conceded tells its own story. Other teams (ie Aberdeen) are not much better, but they have that wee bit more of a cutting edge and this currently separates them from us.
Like most Hibbies, I keep my fingers crossed that Neil Lennon pulls that rabbit out of the hat and finds that " missing" ingredient to keep us in the hunt for 2nd spot.

McGinn should be in double figures? That’s a bit harsh only Boyd and Morelos are in double figures across the entire league.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Every time I see him play at the moment I wonder to myself why on earth we turned down a 6 figure sum from that Turkish team for Simon Murray. Baffling.Have to agree if money is tight we should have sent him on his way...not good enough

Heisenberg
28-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Have to agree if money is tight we should have sent him on his way...not good enough

Murray didn’t want to go.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Murray didn’t want to go.True but there are ways of making him go...it could have been made clear.to him he wasn't starting which appears to be the case now. Just think if budget is tight it's a missed opportunity

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Once again one on one with goalie is missed and soon after we are a goal behind. I do not care if the striker works hard or not I want them in the right place and if their only contribution to the match is a goal then great. 2 up front 1 poacher the other can link up.

Really really pissed off at folk missing easy chances.

Paisley Hibby
28-01-2018, 07:39 PM
I think our budget may be spent - prob have to get rid of a few to free up wages.

However I’m disappointed in our signings this season.

A striker that scores is vital but why is Maclaren not given a chance?

Utterly baffling - or maybe our coaching staff have discovered the real reason why Hearts didn't sign him...😎

28-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Eh...Jamie Maclaren? Thing is we don’t know if he’s up to it because he’s not had a proper chance.

Whats the deal with him? Why buy him and not play him? Even if he's not 100% fit surely the fact that he made the bench at tynecastle suggests he at least has maybe 15/20 minutes in him? We were absolutely screaming out for a striker in the derby.

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2018, 07:56 PM
I cannot believe we have a player of Jamie Mclarens calibre at our club and he cannot get a game. Two years ago he was a hotter prospect than Jase scoring goals for fun and getting capped by Oz.In the 15-20 minutes he has played for us he has ran into goal scoring positions without any of his team mates being able to pick him out.I also feel that Danny Swanson looks a much improved fitter, faster and more intelligent footballer than before the winter break.

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 08:00 PM
I cannot believe we have a player of Jamie Mclarens calibre at our club and he cannot get a game. Two years ago he was a hotter prospect than Jase scoring goals for fun and getting capped by Oz.In the 15-20 minutes he has played for us he has ran into goal scoring positions without any of his team mates being able to pick him out.I also feel that Danny Swanson looks a much improved fitter, faster and more intelligent footballer than before the winter break.

I think it's more a case of getting fully up to speed without pressure of starting the match and expecting to deliver. I do though now think it's time for him to start the next match.

Heisenberg
28-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Whats the deal with him? Why buy him and not play him? Even if he's not 100% fit surely the fact that he made the bench at tynecastle suggests he at least has maybe 15/20 minutes in him? We were absolutely screaming out for a striker in the derby.

Yeah it’s confusing. He apparently picked up a slight knock in Portugal but we’ve not heard anything since about him not being able to play. Surely due a start on Wednesday.

thebausburst
28-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Heard rumour from good source that he’s been gash in training and so bad other players been taking the piss

mcfly
28-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Anyone heard anything about us signing someone that can score goals before wed.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Heard rumour from good source that he’s been gash in training and so bad other players been taking the pissThat is utter nonsense....dearie me

WoreTheGreen
28-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Heard that also

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Heard rumour from good source that he’s been gash in training and so bad other players been taking the piss

:hilarious

Heisenberg
28-01-2018, 08:16 PM

Wonderful. The guys not even had a proper chance on the pitch yet and we are getting rumours like this.

HoboHarry
28-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Wonderful. The guys not even had a proper chance on the pitch yet and we are getting rumours like this.

It's not a rumour. It's made up s***e posted on here by some sadsack with nothing better to do.

CallumLaidlaw
28-01-2018, 08:24 PM

And yet I’ve heard a rumour that the other players are saying he’s been great in training. Go figure.

J-C
28-01-2018, 08:30 PM
And yet I’ve heard a rumour that the other players are saying he’s been great in training. Go figure.

This

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2018, 08:44 PM
This
Start Jamie McLaren Wednesday night let the fans decide. Gunts were laughing at us and relieved that he never got game time in the derby as they had tried and failed to sign him and had to settle for second best in Steven Naismith.I understand that Stokes's not the best in training either- when he turns up- and he scores goals too.

Captain Trips

Firstly I find that pish and 2nd no player at the club is in a position to laugh at any other forwards contributions with some of the chances missed this season.

Albanian Hibs

Gash patter

matty_f
28-01-2018, 10:10 PM

I heard a rumour that Hearts are pish.

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 10:14 PM

That is no rumour that is fact.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 10:14 PM

You've just won Gary Locke bingo.

Captain Trips
28-01-2018, 10:16 PM

I have a rumour from a good source that somebody's posts are so bad other posters are taking the piss.

Haymaker
28-01-2018, 10:18 PM
I have a rumour from a good source that somebody's posts are so bad other posters are taking the piss.

My posts aren't that bad?!

matty_f
28-01-2018, 10:19 PM
My posts aren't that bad?!

Aye, eh.... about that...

Haymaker
28-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Aye, eh.... about that...

... Aw naw

Iceman1875
28-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Stephen Dobbie 5 month deal. Not sure of his current contract but wouldn’t break the bank and would score goals + offer vital experience for Murray and shaw.

Ronniekirk
28-01-2018, 10:21 PM
We’ve signed one but he doesn’t get on the park for any more than a couple of minutes.

Patience Bingo

hibbysam
28-01-2018, 10:22 PM
And you'd drop Slivka who's been our best midfielder the last 2 games?

Yes I would. Not for any other reason than I think we need DS in the middle to create things where neither Slivka McGinn or Dylan will do. I also like Dylan dictating things from deep and feeding Swanson and the wingers from deeper. SJM for me is a no brainer so IMO it’s our two best centre midfielders and our most creative player, supplemented with two wingers.