PDA

View Full Version : Today

mikethehibee69
27-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Just finished watching the game, we had periods of pressure and the defence played well, Rocky had a superb game, but we won’t win games unless we bloody score goals!!! We need to address this and fast 🙈

Joe6-2
27-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Just finished watching the game, we had periods of pressure and the defence played well, Rocky had a superb game, but we won’t win games unless we bloody score goals!!! We need to address this and fast 🙈

Haven’t we been saying this all season!

Hibee Mac
27-01-2018, 04:58 PM
We've looked absolutely toothless for the last 10 games or something. So many strikers on the books too but none with any composure or class whatsoever (Stokes apart).

Ozyhibby
27-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Played well till the final third and then we are easy contained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikethehibee69
27-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Haven’t we been saying this all season!

We have, soz troops just frustrated that we can’t solve the striker problem

Sir David Gray
Watched most of that today, we dominated possession in the second half but barely forced De Vries into a save.

We do need to improve our play in the final third but I won't be pushing any panic buttons after a 1-0 loss at Parkhead.

DavidDavidGray
No urgency or creativity up top. Just get to a promising position then turn around and pass to McGinn/McGeouch who are about 35 yards out. So frustrating to watch.

Coco Bryce
Not direct enough. Far too much tippy tappy garbage. Celtic were there for the taking today... again!

Glory Lurker
27-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Easier on the eye and safer in league, but our lack of thrust is like Butcher era.

Ronniekirk
27-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Its what could cost us fourth place
But McLaren still to be given time to show what he can do and another striker actively being sought
But agree this slow ponderous passing makes it easier for teams to play against us

Michael
Easier on the eye and safer in league, but our lack of thrust is like Butcher era.

Hate to say it, but in terms of goal threat it's getting that way.

Captain Trips
We need 2 forwards on, having 2 wide men to supply one striker whom is not a complete enough player will see us struggle to score.

4 4 2 or 3 5 2.

andybev1
27-01-2018, 05:04 PM
listening to Lennon now 'thought we were excellent today, just lacked that cutting edge', every ****ing game for **** sake.

Heisenberg
27-01-2018, 05:06 PM
No urgency or creativity up top. Just get to a promising position then turn around and pass to McGinn/McGeouch who are about 35 yards out. So frustrating to watch.

We badly need a creative midfielder. All of the ones we have are very similar.

Cod Boy
27-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately Barker misses another one on one at 0.0

green day
27-01-2018, 05:07 PM
listening to Lennon now 'thought we were excellent today, just lacked that cutting edge', every ****ing game for **** sake.

He isn't wrong

MWHIBBIES
27-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately Barker misses another one on one at 0.0Couldn't score in a brothel honestly, he is part of the problem.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 05:09 PM

At least he sees the issue.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Couldn't score in a brothel honestly, he is part of the problem.Huge part of the problem...his end product is brutal honestly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
27-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately Barker misses another one on one at 0.0

Was a decent run by him, not a bad effort, and a good save.

Basildon Hibs
27-01-2018, 05:11 PM

And the season before that and the season before that ..... zzz

Tornadoes70
27-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Was a decent run by him, not a bad effort, and a good save.

Agree.

He got himself into a good position and had a shot on target that produced a decent save. Good player Barker and the goals will come.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Onion
27-01-2018, 05:16 PM
He isn't wrong

But he's also the only person who is in a position to do anything about it :rolleyes:

inglisavhibs
27-01-2018, 05:22 PM
he also explains that players who can score goals at parkhead are difficult to come by. we should persevere with young oli (not 2 games a week though) as he is the most natural finisher we have.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Lennon says......

Hibernian boss Neil Lennon: "I thought we were excellent today, but we just lack a cutting edge at the top level. But those kind of players cost money. The difference in the game is Leigh Griffiths - that's why he's worth so much money to Celtic. He's a fantastic striker and they missed him when he went off. But we were superb in the second half."

Cod Boy
27-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Hearts have shelled out a lot of money on Naismith still not scored so money doesn't always get goals.

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2018, 05:28 PM
We've only scored 4 less than Aberdeen and conceded one more. I think it could have been a lot more, talking about not creating chances but look at the number we have missed between Boyle and Barker in the last week or so. If either of these guys finds a bit of goalscoring form then we will see a big turnaround I reckon.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 05:29 PM
We've only scored 4 less than Aberdeen and conceded one more. I think it could have been a lot more, talking about not creating chances but look at the number we have missed between Boyle and Barker in the last week or so. If either of these guys finds a bit of goalscoring form then we will see a big turnaround I reckon.

It would be out of character though. Neither are goal scorers.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Barker and Boyle as wingers should be setting up goals, not particularly relied on to score them ..... its the final pass not being good enough and having one forward on his own in the box and no supporting midfield players busting a gut to get in there that's costing us. McGinn gets into the box at Den Park and what happens ... we score ... what does that tell you?

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2018, 05:41 PM
It would be out of character though. Neither are goal scorers.

Agreed but they are getting in goal scoring positions on a consistent basis so while you might not expect the conversion rate to be as high as a striker I think it is fair to expect higher than 0% for Barker.

ancient hibee
27-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Barker and Boyle as wingers should be setting up goals, not particularly relied on to score them ..... its the final pass not being good enough and having one forward on his own in the box and no supporting midfield players busting a gut to get in there that's costing us. McGinn gets into the box at Den Park and what happens ... we score ... what does that tell you?
We say this every week don’t we?Surely one of the midfield should be getting there.A lack of will perhaps?

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2018, 05:42 PM

I was watching that against Dundee and McGinn was beyond the forwards a few times, 2 or 3 times in the first 15. Seemed to be playing a bit further forward and I thought he was more effective than he has been recently.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:43 PM
We totally and utterly outplayed the champions on their own patch. Dominated them. Scott Sinclair was playing left back at times.

And people think I'm a moan.

Captain Trips
27-01-2018, 05:46 PM

They are footballers in a forward area their composure in front of goal is terrible and should be sorted. I do not expect them to score loads but I do expect them to score simple enough chances.

Hibee Mac
27-01-2018, 05:48 PM
We totally and utterly outplayed the champions on their own patch. Dominated them. Scott Sinclair was playing left back at times.

I wouldn't go that far

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't go that far

I do like a moan to be fair :greengrin

Second half we controlled the whole period.

Hibee Mac
27-01-2018, 05:51 PM
I do like a moan to be fair :greengrin

Second half we controlled the whole period.

Haha, yeh I'd agree with that. Just a shame we can't do anything with all that possession!

cleanyman
27-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Ha.

No way.

We were toothless.

Stuart93
27-01-2018, 05:58 PM
If only we had a new striker in the squad who we could start and give him more than 10 minutes to show us what he's got.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Ha.

No way.

We were toothless.

Dylan was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Yes we huffed and puffed but it wasn't due to Celtic letting us. We outplayed them.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Haha, yeh I'd agree with that. Just a shame we can't do anything with all that possession!

True. Chance wasted at doing them today.

ballengeich
27-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Note that it wasn't just McGinn getting into the box at Dens. The goal was set up by another midfielder Slivka getting to the bye line to put in a cross. I hope it's a precedent.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2018, 06:08 PM

We scored 22 goals in 25 league games under Terry Butcher. We've already scored 32 goals in 24 league games this season.

We're not quite at Terry Butcher levels.

wookie70
27-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I think our striking problems are more to do with style of play and the way Lennon sets the team up. We simply don't get enough men into the box to score regularly from the quality of delivery we produce from wide. We rarely put the ball in the box from short balls inside full backs etc. We are set up to keep possession and I doubt signing a very good finisher will make any difference. With the pace we have it we would be better to play on the break that trying to knock 10 cross field and square passes every move. By the time we go for the jugular we have to usually score against 8 defending players and a keeper. We are just too slow and predictable and against the smaller teams I think I would be inclined to play Swanson instead of Dylan to really force us forward far quicker. Dylan is very easy to watch but he rarely contributes to any goals.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 07:28 PM
They are footballers in a forward area their composure in front of goal is terrible and should be sorted. I do not expect them to score loads but I do expect them to score simple enough chances.

I'm not disagreeing mate, our finishing is woeful ..... I was more looking at the problem overall than absolving Boyle and Barker from their lack of composure when they do get a chance.

OsloHibs
27-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Thought we had just signed a striker last week?! Where is he? Can't even remember his name...

CMurdoch
27-01-2018, 07:39 PM

This is the 3rd season in a row where he have been dominating but struggling to convert it into goals.
Would be tempted to play a back 3 and put both Shaw and MacLaren up front with a view to them being in the box when the ball is centred.

Joe6-2
27-01-2018, 07:41 PM

I wasn’t criticising, I agree with you

Joe6-2
27-01-2018, 07:44 PM
At least he sees the issue.

Should have been sorted tho, long ago!

scooby
27-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Not direct enough. Far too much tippy tappy garbage. Celtic were there for the taking today... again!

Bang on!