PDA

View Full Version : what rich Hibs supporters could we call on to spash the cash to buy players

andybev1
27-01-2018, 12:12 PM
I know it is a pipe dream but is their rich hibs supporters that you would like to see splash the cash.

The obvious ones are Andy Murray, charly and craig Reid (altough I read that one of the is only worth £850,000 :confused:) and maybe Irvine welsh is worth a few million.

Anyone know of any rich supporters - preferably on the level of murray.

I wonder if stephen Hendry gives any cash to hearts - could be one of those annonymous donors.

greenlex
27-01-2018, 12:18 PM
I’ve a good few bob but I think I put enough in.

27-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Hollywood star Dougray Scott.

Leigh Griffiths.

Greencore
27-01-2018, 12:24 PM
we already have someone connected to hibs with money.

he just doesn't have an interest in football

tom farmer.

green day
27-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Unless someone has abramowich levels of cash, it aint going to happen as football is an easy way to burn cash.

Some people assume the likes of The Proclaimers are "rich" because they are in showbiz.

They may have some level of wealth, but there are (almost certainly) regular posters on here with more money than Charlie and Craig.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 12:30 PM
In the Proclaimers documentary recently broadcast they basically said it was the royalities from 500 miles which allow them to continue doing new things. I'm sure they make a nice income from music but I doubt they are inifinitely wealthy.

andybev1
27-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Unless someone has abramowich levels of cash, it aint going to happen as football is an easy way to burn cash.

That is the reason I am saying a consortium of rich people but I do get it will never happen sadly, as you say unless some mad Hibby banker type we have never heard of turned up.

hibs#1
27-01-2018, 12:48 PM
I know it is a pipe dream but is their rich hibs supporters that you would like to see splash the cash.

The obvious ones are Andy Murray, charly and craig Reid (altough I read that one of the is only worth £850,000 :confused:) and maybe Irvine welsh is worth a few million.

I wonder if stephen Hendry gives any cash to hearts - could be one of those annonymous donors.

Hendry claims Chelsea as his team now.

snooky
27-01-2018, 12:51 PM
In the recent Proclaimers documentary recently broadcast they basically said it was the royalities from 500 miles which allow them to continue doing new things. I'm sure they make a nice income from music but I doubt they are inifinitely wealthy.

They've done even more for Hibs than Abramovich has done for Chelsea. They gave us the best football anthem in the world. :not worth

Allant1981
27-01-2018, 12:52 PM

tom farmer.

aye cause he hasnt ever put money into the club

The Modfather
27-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Where’s Global Hibee (think that was his name) these days? 😀

Elephant Stone
27-01-2018, 12:55 PM

tom farmer.

Farmer out

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 01:13 PM
How do you become a millionaire? Start off as a billionaire and buy a football club :greengrin

None of our rich Hibbies are so rich they can be chucking money at the club, and the one who might be in Andy Murray doesn't strike me as they type to do so. Have you seen Dougray Scott's films? Reasonably entertaining, but hardly blockbusters, I doubt he's minted in the 'he can chuck money away' sense :greengrin

What I would like to see is the likes of Mr Murray purchase 50 grand or so in shares so that his name appears on the shareholders list, or even better from a publicity point of view do it through HSL. What a boost it would give to HSL's profile if that made the news, which it surely would.

That's the problem I have with our high profile supporters. Every club likes to have them because they help raise its profile, but when the club has a share issue and not one of those high profile 'fans' appears to be interested enough to even buy £1000 worth of shares and they clearly have the wherewithal to do so, it kind of calls into question their Hibby credentials.

As I said on another thread, some of our celebrity fans might be part of one of the 'groups' on the shareholders list, but that's no good to the club, their value to Hibs would come if they bought shares or contributed to HSL publicly ... very publicly. When you consider their lifestyles nobody is expecting them to rock up at ER on a Saturday ... but a wee bit of tangible support from afar wouldn't hurt.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Surely the proclaimers could do a couple of gigs at Easter Road for free? Sell them out and pocket the cash?

Or we could all collectively give money to the club through hsl on a monthly basis?

guthrie01
27-01-2018, 01:17 PM
The lassie who won the lottery and supports Hibs, could try get her to share some cash

SChibs
27-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I always get the impression Judy Murray is the big hibby and Andy is kind of a fan but goes along with it more for his mum. Just an opinion though

WoreTheGreen
27-01-2018, 01:20 PM
The lassie who won the lottery and supports Hibs, could try get her to share some cash

That money has gone tits up.

DH1875
27-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Don't know him but pretty sure Green Lake who posts on here is minted :wink:

guthrie01
27-01-2018, 01:24 PM

A 17 year old who suddenly has £1 million to her name, can’t blame her really

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 01:27 PM
I always get the impression Judy Murray is the big hibby and Andy is kind of a fan but goes along with it more for his mum. Just an opinion though

Jamie Murray and his mum are big Hibees.

Lago
27-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Thought it was bottoms up:greengrin

WoreTheGreen
27-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Thought it was bottoms up:greengrin

And lips and nails hair etc

Lago
27-01-2018, 01:31 PM
How do you become a millionaire? Start off as a billionaire and buy a football club :greengrin

None of our rich Hibbies are so rich they can be chucking money at the club, and the one who might be in Andy Murray doesn't strike me as they type to do so. Have you seen Dougray Scott's films? Reasonably entertaining, but hardly blockbusters, I doubt he's minted in the 'he can chuck money away' sense :greengrin

What I would like to see is the likes of Mr Murray purchase 50 grand or so in shares so that his name appears on the shareholders list, or even better from a publicity point of view do it through HSL. What a boost it would give to HSL's profile if that made the news, which it surely would.

That's the problem I have with our high profile supporters. Every club likes to have them because they help raise its profile, but when the club has a share issue and not one of those high profile 'fans' appears to be interested enough to even buy £1000 worth of shares and they clearly have the wherewithal to do so, it kind of calls into question their Hibby credentials.

As I said on another thread, some of our celebrity fans might be part of one of the 'groups' on the shareholders list, but that's no good to the club, their value to Hibs would come if they bought shares or contributed to HSL publicly ... very publicly. When you consider their lifestyles nobody is expecting them to rock up at ER on a Saturday ... but a wee bit of tangible support from afar wouldn't hurt.
Youve made some good points here and you have to wonder if Hibs have been in anyway proactive in trying to get these people on board, both for the publicity and cash.

heretoday
27-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Judy was at the Cup Final, I think. Also Tony Mowbray was very pally with the Murray clan back in the day.

That's all I know.......

emerald green
27-01-2018, 05:30 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CloudyPresentChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif

How about this guy? Is he a Hibbie?

madhatter
27-01-2018, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a consortium would be interested in investing should Tom Farmer walk away once we have close to majority holding. It would take a Hibs fan to get it going probably...

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2018, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a consortium would be interested in investing should Tom Farmer walk away once we have close to majority holding. It would take a Hibs fan to get it going probably..."Investing" suggests a "return". I'm not sure there's a return to be made from giving Hibs money.

Unless someone was to charge us 6.5% interest. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

RedHibby
27-01-2018, 05:44 PM
I don't think a wealthy benefactor taking over is such a pipe dream. If you think about it our league is not that good and someone willing to spend money and not worry about how much could guarantee European football every year.

johnbc70
27-01-2018, 05:50 PM
I don't think a wealthy benefactor taking over is such a pipe dream. If you think about it our league is not that good and someone willing to spend money and not worry about how much could guarantee European football every year.

€2.6M for getting to the group stage of Europa League, then something like €350K a win. Could be worth a gamble/investment for someone.

johnbc70
27-01-2018, 05:52 PM

tom farmer.

Its a shame he has little interest in the actual game, but he obviously loves Hibs. I wonder if his children are more into the actual game?

Sioux
27-01-2018, 05:53 PM

And then you woke up.

ancient hibee
27-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Hearts seem to have wealthy benefactors.Don’t see them cutting a swathe through Europe.

chrisski33
27-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Lets be honest here.. how many would actually give a fortune to Hibs? Easy to expect others to. If you invest u wud expect something in return. As for The Proclaimers they did quite alot in the Hands off Hibs campaign

Bostonhibby
27-01-2018, 06:10 PM
"Investing" suggests a "return". I'm not sure there's a return to be made from giving Hibs money.

Unless someone was to charge us 6.5% interest. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkDon't knock it, there's plenty Hibbies think the doctor's arrangement with the thieves (plus exceptional interest on a secure asset) is the future.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Greencore
28-01-2018, 02:52 AM
Its a shame he has little interest in the actual game, but he obviously loves Hibs. I wonder if his children are more into the actual game?
got told from a fellow hibby his son is a big hibs fan and would be investing in hibs when his dad's gone. I personally don't believe it but could be true who knows?

cocteautwin
28-01-2018, 04:05 AM
You’d have to be seriously nuts to pump money in to a football team. That’s why I’m shocked that Budge has put so much money in to HMFC when she was never a supporter in the first place. Does she have kids? I wonder how they feel about her throwing away so much cash to achieve just the one win against their local rivals in the last 10 games. I presume the extra £4m that’s been donated anonymously is coming from Budge and is not expecting any return.

How much would you need to spend to make a consistent impact every season? Probably something like £10m a year to achieve second place? If you were a wealthy Hibs fan would you be happy with your return if all you achieved was what Aberdeen have achieved?

Yorkshire HFC
28-01-2018, 05:05 AM
We've got a Board of Directors and it's their job to run the club - not the fans.

Carheenlea
28-01-2018, 07:02 AM
This all reeks a bit like Hearts - Hibs don't need to pass the begging bowl/cash cows around and ask for handouts.

JOD
28-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Judy was at the Cup Final, I think. Also Tony Mowbray was very pally with the Murray clan back in the day.

That's all I know.......

Remember that Judy's father ie., Andy/Jamie's grandfather played for us. Thats where it all came from. :aok:

calumhibee1
28-01-2018, 09:25 AM
As others have said you’d have to be crazy to invest in a football club in that way. If you won £150m on the euromillions or something then I think I’d maybe pay for a few things to be done at Hibs - small improvements like the sound system, maybe pay for a screen in one of the corners etc, but no way would I be offering to pay a marquee signings wages or something along those lines.

Betty Boop
28-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Frank Dougan :greengrin

where'stheslope
28-01-2018, 02:28 PM

I remember him being quoted "he would not waste his money on Hearts"!!!!!!

yonder1875
28-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Jamie Murray and his mum are big Hibees.

Murray always lets it be known in interviews that he's a Hibee at least. Watched an interview he done with Guillem Balague and when asked on who he supported he said Hibs.

hibbysam
28-01-2018, 05:05 PM
As others have said you’d have to be crazy to invest in a football club in that way. If you won £150m on the euromillions or something then I think I’d maybe pay for a few things to be done at Hibs - small improvements like the sound system, maybe pay for a screen in one of the corners etc, but no way would I be offering to pay a marquee signings wages or something along those lines.

If I won £150m I’d guarantee plenty of it went to Hibs. £20m minimum plus upgrade the training centre (indoor facilities), facilities in the east stand... club would be sorted for a while that’s for sure, and they could buy plenty players.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 05:51 PM
If I won £150m I’d guarantee plenty of it went to Hibs. £20m minimum plus upgrade the training centre (indoor facilities), facilities in the east stand... club would be sorted for a while that’s for sure, and they could buy plenty players.Spread the 20m over 5-10 years and we might be on to something. Giving it to the club in one go would be asking for trouble.

Zondervan
29-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Murray always lets it be known in interviews that he's a Hibee at least. Watched an interview he done with Guillem Balague and when asked on who he supported he said Hibs.

Andy Murray done a promotional video for his sponsors, Aberdeen Standard, last week.

He was asked who would win the Scottish League and he said “Hibs”. At least it gets our name out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
29-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Spread the 20m over 5-10 years and we might be on to something. Giving it to the club in one go would be asking for trouble.

No fun. Do the lot in one hit.

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2018, 08:12 AM
I think Sir Tom and Hibs missed a wee chance after winning the cup. A small personal cash injection could have went a long way.

DarlingtonHibee
29-01-2018, 09:32 AM
I think sir tom is doing enough.

bigwheel
29-01-2018, 09:34 AM
I think Sir Tom and Hibs missed a wee chance after winning the cup. A small personal cash injection could have went a long way.

He wouldn't have needed to inject cash...he could have taken the bold call and written off some of the outstanding debt to him...would have been a magnificent gesture..we can but dream.

edit: ps , I guess he did in a way by refinancing (and reducing) the debt we had with the bank...so fair credit for that...

BSEJVT
29-01-2018, 09:53 AM
These threads make me laugh

We have folk coming on here to suggest that wealthy Hibs supporters punt in vast amounts of cash, when we are struggling to get any traction at all from our own supporters pumping in the princely sum of £10 per month.

Am I the only one to find this amusing?

Geo_1875
29-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Unfortunately, I can't see anybody that careless with money being interested in Scottish Football. There are better prospects in more attractive leagues.

Did nobody manage to get a word with Bill Gates last week?

Diclonius
29-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Jack Docherty?

superfurryhibby
29-01-2018, 10:19 AM

We have folk coming on here to suggest that wealthy Hibs supporters punt in vast amounts of cash, when we are struggling to get any traction at all from our own supporters pumping in the princely sum of £10 per month.

Aye. We have 13,000 season ticket holders, Leeann said that we are heading towards 30% ownership between HSL and the shareholders. Fans are doing their bit already.

I wonder how Hearts and Aberdeen are able to attract large scale investment by mystery donors yet we can't?

CropleyWasGod
29-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Aye. We have 13,000 season ticket holders, Leeann said that we are heading towards 30% ownership between HSL and the shareholders. Fans are doing their bit already.

I wonder how Hearts and Aberdeen are able to attract large scale investment by mystery donors yet we can't?

It was about 34% at last count.

Paisley Hibby
29-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Interesting variation on the "How many famous Hibbies can we name?" thread topic. Other than that, we already won the lottery when Tom Farmer got involved. Nowadays, the last place anybody sensible with serious cash will be investing is Scottish football.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Interesting variation on the "How many famous Hibbies can we name?" thread topic. Other than that, we already won the lottery when Tom Farmer got involved. Nowadays, the last place anybody sensible with serious cash will be investing is Scottish football.

Except that there has been significant cash investment at Aberdeen. Hearts and Motherwell?

Carheenlea
29-01-2018, 11:20 AM

It's not a lot of money for some, but for many on tight budgets donating £120 a year is unaffordable.
It seems to be now that supporting the club by committing to a Season Ticket in the numbers that we have seen and going to as many away games as you can to support the team when finances dictate is not enough. Not that this expectation is coming from the club.

Paisley Hibby
29-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Except that there has been significant cash investment at Aberdeen. Hearts and Motherwell?

I suppose it depends on what constitutes significant investment.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I suppose it depends on what constitutes significant investment.

Being able to sign players that we might be competing for (ie; Mc Ginn), Aberdeen's turnover is nearly 5 million greater than our own, despite smaller crowds. Prizemoney and our years in the lower tier contribute, but the rich dudes contributions are probably pretty significant to this.

Point is that there are people investing in our game. It would be nice to get a piece of that.

jacomo
29-01-2018, 01:19 PM

You’re a broken record. Try a new one.

BSEJVT
29-01-2018, 01:42 PM
You’re a broken record. Try a new one.

GTF

Its a farce that others expect people to do things they wont and I am perfectly entitled to say so.

If you don't like what's posted then feel free to take up the option of ignoring me.

jacomo
29-01-2018, 06:21 PM
GTF

Its a farce that others expect people to do things they wont and I am perfectly entitled to say so.

If you don't like what's posted then feel free to take up the option of ignoring me.

Ooh hark at you, hard man.

The thread title was quite clear. You decided to hijack it for a well worn argument you’ve aired plenty on here already.

SRHibs
29-01-2018, 06:26 PM
The problem is that only people who are bad with money would ‘invest’ in an SPL club, and people who are bad with money don’t have any.

CropleyWasGod
29-01-2018, 06:39 PM
The problem is that only people who are bad with money would ‘invest’ in an SPL club, and people who are bad with money don’t have any....unless, of course, you can get a 6.5% return. [emoji16]

AlbertK86
29-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Fish from Marillion but not sure how much dish he’ll have these days

BSEJVT
29-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Ooh hark at you, hard man.

The thread title was quite clear. You decided to hijack it for a well worn argument you’ve aired plenty on here already.

Don't agree at all and you reap what you sow hence my response to you.

I commented that I found it bizarre that folk expected people to do things they themselves wouldn't and I stand by that as being relevant to the thread.

As I said before feel free to ignore me but when you criticise expect to be challenged on it.

As far as I have been aware in my time posting on this board those are the rules of this forum.

Try not to bleat when you are called out on it, its demeaning for you.

jacomo
29-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Don't agree at all and you reap what you sow hence my response to you.

I commented that I found it bizarre that folk expected people to do things they themselves wouldn't and I stand by that as being relevant to the thread.

As I said before feel free to ignore me but when you criticise expect to be challenged on it.

As far as I have been aware in my time posting on this board those are the rules of this forum.

Try not to bleat when you are called out on it, its demeaning for you.

1. You’re still wildly off topic
2. Your central premise - that Hibs fans are asking others to put into the club while they refuse to do so - is entirely false, and ridiculous
3. Your campaign to boost HSL would, I suggest, benefit from you adopting a less belligerent and condescending attitude.

BSEJVT
30-01-2018, 04:50 AM
1. You’re still wildly off topic
2. Your central premise - that Hibs fans are asking others to put into the club while they refuse to do so - is entirely false, and ridiculous
3. Your campaign to boost HSL would, I suggest, benefit from you adopting a less belligerent and condescending attitude.

I) I don't agree that it is of topic, I maintain its a valid response

2) if this thread isn't doing exactly that what is it doing?

3) Don't you think your original post might have also? But you are absolutely correct so my apologies for the bite at you.

Its a topic I feel really strongly about and whilst I accept others don't I find the criticism a bit baffling, still each to their own.

Still over and out on this thread

Heisenberg
30-01-2018, 07:26 AM

Partick Thistle have also had decent backing from lottery winners if I’m remembering it right. Built them a new youth academy or something. I think the main point here is we should all be buying a **** load of lottery tickets.

My guess is Queen Ann is the Hearts mystery donor. Aberdeen have had a fan whose been very successful in business chuck in some cash. Don’t think there’s much more to it.

itslegaltender
30-01-2018, 07:37 AM
Surely a business has to disclose who puts money into a club? Very strange situ in this “mystery donor”.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2018, 07:40 AM

3) Don't you think your original post might have also? But you are absolutely correct so my apologies for the bite at you.

Its a topic I feel really strongly about and whilst I accept others don't I find the criticism a bit baffling, still each to their own.

Still over and out on this threadI don't agree with the basic comparison between the two clubs, nor do I accept the road to the yams dominance is as certain as the current raw numbers imply, however I do greatly respect your motives and the fact that you've gone to some length to explain your arguments. I certainly acknowledge them and will be continuing with HSL until my goal is reached and my mind is now open to the idea of something in it's place for those that want it[emoji106]

Think I'm done here as well.

GGTTH

Niffy
30-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Fish from Marillion but not sure how much dish he’ll have these days

He told me a few years ago that if he ever wrote another “Kayleigh” he’d invest with Hibs. He’s tighter than a nuns chuff tho.

jacomo
30-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Still over and out on this thread

:aok:

Smartie
30-01-2018, 11:06 AM
We need to stop this nonsense.

It's all very Sevco. They crave a white knight coming in to piss his money away propping a loathsome institution with delusions of grandeur.

We live within our means, that's the only way forward. We improve our prospects of doing so by going along to home games and by supporting HSL.

We have been very lucky indeed to have had Sir Tom as an owner - just remember what ER was like in the late 80s and what it felt like to be at the mercy of Wallace Mercer.

My monkey suit remains in the loft for now,

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2018, 11:10 AM

Not any more amusing than wealthy Hibs fans like Charlie Reid asking ordinary fans to raise £100k without being seen to be making a significant contribution himself.

Works both ways

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2018, 11:13 AM
We need to stop this nonsense.

It's all very Sevco. They crave a white knight coming in to piss his money away propping a loathsome institution with delusions of grandeur.

We live within our means, that's the only way forward. We improve our prospects of doing so by going along to home games and by supporting HSL.

We have been very lucky indeed to have had Sir Tom as an owner - just remember what ER was like in the late 80s and what it felt like to be at the mercy of Wallace Mercer.

My monkey suit remains in the loft for now,

I don’t think it’s nonsense at all. It’s a fair question.

How are Hearts and Aberdeen able to attract this outside ‘investment’ and we aren’t?

Theres a difference between someone investing/donating a bit of cash like Hearts and Aberdeen have managed and expecting an Ambramovich type to swan in and throw billions at us

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Not any more amusing than wealthy Hibs fans like Charlie Reid asking ordinary fans to raise £100k without being seen to be making a significant contribution himself.

Works both ways

Do you actually know whether he has made a contribution?

Smartie
30-01-2018, 11:18 AM
I don’t think it’s nonsense at all. It’s a fair question.

How are Hearts and Aberdeen able to attract this outside ‘investment’ and we aren’t?

Theres a difference between someone investing/donating a bit of cash like Hearts and Aberdeen have managed and expecting an Ambramovich type to swan in and throw billions at us

I'm uncomfortable with outside investment. Normally people put something in, expecting something in return, and that's not always in the club's best interests.

I don't really know much about what Aberdeen or Hearts have secured, what they need to provide the investor with in return, nor am I particularly interested.

I don't much like being outspent by them but I think we're mainly paying the price for our latest great adventure.

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Do you actually know whether he has made a contribution?
No, hence why I said “being seen to”.

Either way two questions arise. If he is then why, as a major figure (and board member) in the HSL scheme, is he not making it public? Why does he not think it’s worth leading by example. Is there really any other better way to get people to believe in and back your cause than actually being seen to publicly believe in and back it yourself? He should be shouting it from the rooftops. How can you expect somebody to buy into your cause if you aren’t seen to be buying into it yourself?

On the other hand if he’s not then why, as a major figure (and board member) in the HSL scheme, does he not think it’s worth contributing to?

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2018, 11:27 AM
No, hence why I said “being seen to”.

Either way two questions arise. If he is then why, as a major figure (and board member) in the HSL scheme, is he not making it public? Why does he not think it’s worth leading by example. Is there really any other better way to get people to believe in and back your cause than actually being seen to publicly believe in and back it yourself? He should be shouting it from the rooftops. How can you expect somebody to buy into your cause if you aren’t seen to be buying into it yourself?

On the other hand if he’s not then why, as a major figure (and board member) in the HSL scheme, does he not think it’s worth contributing to?

He has signed over his shares to HSL.

As for the rest, you'd need to ask him, rather than speculate.

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2018, 11:44 AM
He has signed over his shares to HSL.

As for the rest, you'd need to ask him, rather than speculate.
I haven’t speculated anything. I was just saying they are fair questions to ask and that it’s something HSL should think about.

What was the value of the shares that he signed over? This is exactly the sort of thing that I’m saying should be ‘shouted from the rooftops’. All I could see on it was a tweet with 39 shares.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2018, 11:54 AM
I haven’t speculated anything. I was just saying they are fair questions to ask and that it’s something HSL should think about.

What was the value of the shares that he signed over? This is exactly the sort of thing that I’m saying should be ‘shouted from the rooftops’. All I could see on it was a tweet with 39 shares.

It was announced at the AGM, and mentioned a few times on here.

I'm not sure that any further shouting would be necessary. After all, it doesn't add to the club's income from HSL. All it does is move them closer to the 20% holding. Since that is one of HSL's aims, IMO it shows commitment to HSL by CR.

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Also heard that a Euromillion winner is looking to clear the debt at Dundee United

overdrive
30-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Put it in perspective, one of the Proclaimers used to use Pure Gym (may still do). At the very least it indicates he's frugal with his cash, so I don't think he's going to be our white knight. :greengrin

Edit: being serious for a moment, a lot of these guys may not have liquid cash they can lay their hands on and even if they did and they wanted to 'invest', their spouses might have other ideas. I know of a Junior club that was being bankrolled by a wealthy individual and were relatively successful off the back of his money. His wife found out and put a stop to it. They plummeted after he walked.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Also heard that a Euromillion winner is looking to clear the debt at Dundee United

At the last count it was £1.4m, so not even as much as ours. Amateurs :greengrin

Austinho
03-09-2018, 01:19 PM
There must be a stupidly rich American out there with Scottish or Irish heritage we could spin a lie and tell them their great great grandad played for us. Sure it would work on Donald Trump.

Smartie
03-09-2018, 01:25 PM
There must be a stupidly rich American out there with Scottish or Irish heritage we could spin a lie and tell them their great great grandad played for us. Sure it would work on Donald Trump.

I suspect he's probably a hun.

Austinho
03-09-2018, 01:27 PM
I suspect he's probably a hun.Because he’s orange, or because he’s a massive racist?

worcesterhibby
03-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Because he’s orange, or because he’s a massive racist?

Best post on this thread so far. :greengrin

Forza Fred
03-09-2018, 01:36 PM
I heard Rod Petrie’s worth a few bob.......

Smartie
03-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Because he’s orange, or because he’s a massive racist?

Orange
Massive racist
Full of hate
Sense of entitlement
Offensive loathsome idiot
Manipulates the media
Playground bully behaviour
Strangely appeals to many, whilst disgusting many more
Never out of the courts
Good at whipping up a frenzy amongst the hard of thinking
Etc etc

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Orange
Massive racist
Full of hate
Sense of entitlement
Manipulates the media
Never out of the courts
Etc etc[emoji23]

And he's been been bankrupt as well.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 01:46 PM
[emoji23]

And he's been been bankrupt as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using TapatalkHis mother's from the Hebrides. A kafflik-hating wee Free [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 01:48 PM
His mother's from the Hebrides. A kafflik-hating wee Free [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkThat clinches it for me. Trump is a sevconian and the sevconians are all trumpets.

Hamish
03-09-2018, 01:56 PM
It was announced at the AGM, and mentioned a few times on here.

I'm not sure that any further shouting would be necessary. After all, it doesn't add to the club's income from HSL. All it does is move them closer to the 20% holding. Since that is one of HSL's aims, IMO it shows commitment to HSL by CR.

I have done something the same as CR and signed over half of my shares to HSL. As you say no monetary benefit but increases their stakeholding.

I was kindly offered the chance to have my photo taken with Jackie Mac for publicity but circumstances dictated I had to regretfully decline at that time.

hhibs
03-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Orange
Massive racist
Full of hate
Sense of entitlement
Manipulates the media
Never out of the courts
Etc etc

A truly awful human being

silverhibee
03-09-2018, 03:02 PM
I have done something the same as CR and signed over half of my shares to HSL. As you say no monetary benefit but increases their stakeholding.

I was kindly offered the chance to have my photo taken with Jackie Mac for publicity but circumstances dictated I had to regretfully decline at that time.

Only because you mentioned his name but does anyone know if Jackie Mac is stepping down from HSL.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:10 PM
GTF

Naught man saying anything against farmer . He’s taking £500k a year out of Neil Lennons football budget. £500k which we are all paying for, which is basically petries mismanagement.

Que the usual suspects telling me I’m wrong.

Save yourself typing as heard it all before and not interested in hearing it again

marinello59
03-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Naught man saying anything against farmer . He’s taking £500k a year out of Neil Lennons football budget. £500k which we are all paying for, which is basically petries mismanagement.

Save yourself typing as heard it all before and not interested in hearing it again

You are wrong though. Totally. I can picture you sat there with your fingers in your ears. There is no debate allowed with you then. :faf::faf::faf:

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Yammer

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:17 PM
You are wrong though. Totally. I can picture you sat there with your fingers in your ears. There is no debate allowed with you then. :faf::faf::faf:

Grown men with thier emojis. Your right. I’m wrong. Predictable hibs net

Dancehibs
Yammer

Lovely

Peevemor

Is it down to Petrie's mismanagement that we have a completely redeveloped stadium and our own training centre? Is it down to Petrie's mismanagement that when he took over as chairman Hibs were over £18m in debt?

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Is it down to Petrie's mismanagement that we have a completely redeveloped stadium and our own training centre? Is it down to Petrie's mismanagement that when he took over as chairman Hibs were over £18m in debt?

Rubbish. He ran the club he allowed it to push past £18m debt. Bailed out by Golden generation and sill had high level of debt.

How many of farmers other business does he put the begging ball out for

BSEJVT
03-09-2018, 03:23 PM

I am sure there are many others on the opposite side of your argument who would say the same.

One iffy transfer window and one bad result and the lynch the board mob are out in force again.

I wonder if some of you have a list of threads you can go back to reignite old arguments that prove you had a point or might have done at one time.

Noticeable you guys were silent as the grave when things were going better.

Sad really that so many cant let bygone enmities die and that we cant all move forward in the one direction and take the club to where we all want it to be.

I have never understood the maniacal desire of folk to harbour grudges against folk whose only crime might have been to have gotten some decisions wrong or viewed situations from a different perspective.

if ever there was a reason for someone not to invest in a football club its this thread

Nothing is ever good enough for folk.

I wonder if when all those thought guilty by some are dead and gone if this will stop or we will still have folk spouting in the year 2050, there no way I am contributing to HSL when Petrie ****ed it up before I was born in 2000 and my dad told me not to.

Peevemor
03-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Rubbish. He ran the club he allowed it to push past £18m debt. Bailed out by Golden generation and sill had high level of debt.

How many of farmers other business does he put the begging ball out forYou're wrong but you've made your mind up. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:26 PM
I am sure there are many others on the opposite side of your argument who would say the same.

One iffy transfer window and one bad result and the lynch the board mob are out in force again.

I wonder if some of you have a list of threads you can go back to reignite old arguments that prove you had a point or might have done at one time.

Noticeable you guys were silent as the grave when things were going better.

Sad really that so many cant let bygone enmities die and that we call all move forward in the one direction.

I have never understood the maniacal desire of folk to harbour grudges against folk whose only crime might have been to have gotten some decisions wrong.

I wonder if when all those thought guilty by some are dead and gone if this will stop or we will still have folk spouting in the year 2050, there no way I am contributing to HSL when Petrie ****ed it up before I was born in 2000 and my dad told me not to.

Got some decisions wrong... wish rod was that successful

Fife-Hibee
03-09-2018, 03:32 PM

That depends. Are we still going to be a club that only reaches the heights that it should do consistantly on an occasional basis in 2050? If so, I wonder if we'll still have people on here telling us that there's some sort of 5 year plan and that we just need to bide our time... etc.

marinello59
03-09-2018, 03:36 PM

Well how about you explain just how he is taking 500k out of the playing budget? It might be that you are right and I am wrong. Just dropping something unproven in here then refusing to discuss it is hardly grown up debate either is it?

GreenArmyyy!
03-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Tom Farmer? 😂

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Well how about you explain just how he is taking 500k out of the playing budget? It might be that you are right and I am wrong. Just dropping something unproven in here then refusing to discuss it is hardly grown up debate either is it?

£500k stays in the club. Increase Lennys budget by £500k. That would massively improve our team. A couple of very good players for that.

stoneyburn hibs
03-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Deary me.

marinello59
03-09-2018, 03:40 PM
£500k stays in the club. Increase Lennys budget by £500k. That would massively improve our team. A couple of very good players for that.

You haven’t answered the question. How is Farmer taking £500k out of the playing budget?

houstonhibbee
03-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Jack Docherty?
You think he’s got millions?

What about billy Lowe?

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:42 PM
You haven’t answered the question. How is Farmer taking £500k out of the playing budget?

That’s my answer. If you don’t like the answer, fair enough. You ain’t getting a different answer.

Phil MaGlass
03-09-2018, 03:43 PM

How many of farmers other business does he put the begging ball out for

FFS are you a twelve yr old yam. Away back tae broken erse or whatever the yam version is.

marinello59
03-09-2018, 03:44 PM
That’s my answer. If you don’t like the answer, fair enough. You ain’t getting a different answer.

But it’s not an answer at all. You have totally ignored the question. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 03:45 PM
You haven’t answered the question. How is Farmer taking £500k out of the playing budget?Och. It's obvious

In the same way that our phone and energy suppliers do. In the same way that the banks we were repaying, and which STF replaced, used to do.

And don't start me on all those non-playing staff that we employ.

We should stop paying all of them and put it all into the playing budget.

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Och. It's obvious

In the same way that our phone and energy suppliers do. In the same way that the banks we were repaying, and which STF replaced, used to do.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkCouldn't we just owe it to ourselves? It's worked out brilliantly elsewhere.

I prefer the idea that Farmer used his clout to buy out a bigger debt legitimately and we pay him back honouring the agreement we benefitted from. It's all pretty transparent and mundane really.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Och. It's obvious

Next time I speak to Petrie I will tell him he’s got it wrong and CWG has got it right. I will also ask Petrie when we have stopped paying the £500k to farmer, why he told me it will get spent on the team.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Couldn't we just owe it to ourselves? It's worked out brilliantly elsewhere.

I prefer the idea that Farmer used his clout to buy out a bigger debt legitimately and we pay him back honouring the agreement we benefitted from. It's all pretty transparent and mundane really.

It’s not transparent when they refuse to tell shareholders how much farmer bought the debt for though.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Next time I speak to Petrie I will tell him he’s got it wrong and CWG has got it right. I will also ask Petrie when we have stopped paying the £500k to farmer, why he told me it will get spent on the team.Um... Didn't you say you had put me on ignore?

[emoji849]

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 03:56 PM
It’s not transparent when they refuse to tell shareholders how much farmer bought the debt for though.I don't need that detail to appreciate the nature of the arrangement.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 03:56 PM
It’s not transparent when they refuse to tell shareholders how much farmer bought the debt for though.....which the bank asked them not to disclose as part of the settlement.

BSEJVT
03-09-2018, 04:00 PM
That depends. Are we still going to be a club that only reaches the heights that it should do consistantly on an occasional basis in 2050? If so, I wonder if we'll still have people on here telling us that there's some sort of 5 year plan and that we just need to bide our time... etc.

That would be a different question would it not?

Do you think that under such circumstances peoples ire would be transferred to the new incumbents and they would similarly become the unforgiven for all time or do you think that people would be prepared to cut different persona a bit of slack and revise their opinion on them if they improved

After seeing the chasing Leann got over the Scott Allan affair my money is on the former but I would love to think it would be the latter

The endless cycle of negativity towards those individuals in just so depressing, it would make me feel better if I thought that one day once they were no longer here old enmities would fade away.

BTW this isn't on this occasion me defending them, I am genuinely interested in whether its personal or circumstancial

monarch
03-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Always amazed at folk who want to spend other people’s money. STF is entitled to receive the £500K per year considering it was his money that enabled us to cut a deal with the bank to pay off the cost of the West Stand.

Tell you what why don’t you make an offer to STF to buy the club and you can put £500K per annum into the budget from your own resources ?

Caversham Green
03-09-2018, 04:53 PM

RP mentioned a five year plan at an AGM round about five years ago - maybe a tad more - and got pelters on here for it. Since then the club has:

Restructured its finances to the extent that it has no external debt

Now receives interest rather than paying it

Appointed arguably the best CEO in Scottish football

Appointed a very highly-regarded sporting director and recruitment team

Issued shares direct to supporters with a view to eventual majority ownership

Created a share ownership company for supporters who couldn't buy direct

Made two seats available on the board for supporter-elected directors

We now have a highly motivated manager with a history of success in Scottish football and a squad that we expect to compete at the top end of the Premiership, the failure to sign Scott Allan notwithstanding. In the interim we've had a squad capable of reaching and winning cup finals and had some success in European competitions.

Maybe there really was a five year plan.

Speedway
03-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Counter Intuitively, the big money for Hibs lies in the 'power of small' via HSL or such a scheme.

We now know we can get 18,000 regularly. Let's say 16,000 are actual Hibs fans.

16,000 x £20 a month is £320,000 A MONTH into the club.

My suggestion is a two tiered ST. Normal and Double price.

The Normal is the Season Ticket and the double price is the 'Squad Ticket'.

The Squad ticket would get you various benefits like Tunnel/Stand plaques. Seat named after you etc but also a report on how you co-funded the signing of player xyz.

if only 5,000 ST holders went for that, they'd give the club an extra say £300 a piece, that's £1.5m in the kitty. That could sign 5-6 serious players at our level.

That, to me, is how you leverage the Hibs fans who've got a quid or two without relying on hoping for a Billionaire Owner.

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Lovely

Yes dear?

Jamesie
03-09-2018, 05:23 PM

I was invited along to the Partick Thistle end of season ball a few seasons ago and met Euromillions winners Chris and Christine Weir at the event. I understand that while they have made substantial donations to Thistle, this has principally been in the form of enhancements to the fabric of Firhill - disabled lifts etc.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Any truth that STF son is to take over? If he does will he bring anything to the table? Thoughts..

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Any truth that STF son is to take over? If he does will he bring anything to the table? Thoughts..

Not sure, TBH.

I'm assuming you mean in the event of his passing, or becoming incapacitated. STF's shares will pass on in accordance with his will. That may be to his son, to the wider family, to a trust.....maybe even Rod.:greengrin.

It can only be speculation at the moment.

OfficialHSL
03-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Andybev

Sorry about the delay in responding to this thread but please be assured that we have brought HSL to the attention of as many people as possible including those who many would imagine are wealthy.

The stark reality is that a Club like Hibs playing in a League that does not attract any serious media money is not an attractive "investment". It is a significant financial challenge for nearly all Clubs in Scotland and it only takes a few bad seasons to lose several million pounds. There are very few people, never mind Hibs fans, willing to simply throw vast sums of money at a football Club. We have it on good authority that the Hearts guys literally scoured the globe looking for a wealthy Hearts fan to save them before concluding that there wasn't one. That's why they eventually turned to their fans.

It is our belief that while we wait for such a wealthy benefactor we might as well do the same as others and get on with it ourselves. Many thousands contributing a small amount can add up to significant sums that can and will be spent on players.

So why not join HSL https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL

Allant1981
03-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Next time I speak to Petrie I will tell him he’s got it wrong and CWG has got it right. I will also ask Petrie when we have stopped paying the £500k to farmer, why he told me it will get spent on the team.

you can do this when discussing the business you run that has a turnover of £8m per year

Keith_M
03-09-2018, 05:31 PM

If you already KNOW you're wrong, why dd you even bother posting that?

:confused:

ancient hibee
03-09-2018, 05:32 PM

No and no.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 05:49 PM
you can do this when discussing the business you run that has a turnover of £8m per year

Interesting. You are only qualified, to discuss financial matters if you run a business with £8m turnover. Thanks I didn’t know that.

You better let appropriate authorities know that hibs shouldnt be holding an agm when shareholders are legally allowed to attend to ask questions but don’t run a business with £8m turnover.

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 05:50 PM
If you already KNOW you're wrong, why dd you even bother posting that?

:confused:

Please take a moment a reflect. May l respectfully suggest your post does not make sense. Where did I say I knew I was wrong #confused

Keith_M
03-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Please take a moment a reflect. May l respectfully suggest your post does not make sense. Where did I say I knew I was wrong #confused

If my Bank didn't insist on me having to repay my mortgage every month, I'd happily put that money into HSL (i.e. going straight to Neil Lennon's budget). That means my Bank, to whom I owe the money, are taking hundreds per month out of Neil Lennon's budget.

That makes perfect sense.. if I apply your logic.

Are you honestly trying to tell me you don't get that?

Allant1981
03-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Interesting. You are only qualified, to discuss financial matters if you run a business with £8m turnover. Thanks I didn’t know that.

You better let appropriate authorities know that hibs shouldnt be holding an agm when shareholders are legally allowed to attend to ask questions but don’t run a business with £8m turnover.

typical answer from you, you clearly have an agenda against this current board and are showing it more and more, do you not have planes to be sorting out

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2018, 06:10 PM
....which the bank asked them not to disclose as part of the settlement.

Stop using facts to back up your argument.

Thats a surefire way to end up on ignore lists...

OfficialHSL
03-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Counter Intuitively, the big money for Hibs lies in the 'power of small' via HSL or such a scheme.

The Squad ticket would get you various benefits like Tunnel/Stand plaques. Seat named after you etc but also a report on how you co-funded the signing of player xyz.

if only 5,000 ST holders went for that, they'd give the club an extra say £300 a piece, that's £1.5m in the kitty. That could sign 5-6 serious players at our level.

That, to me, is how you leverage the Hibs fans who've got a quid or two without relying on hoping for a Billionaire Owner.

Speedway

The infrastructure allowing all of this is there - we can and do some of this via HSL

HSL

ShadesLongThrow
03-09-2018, 06:16 PM

I think that’s a really good suggestion and worth further debate. I would certainly consider it, particularly if the benefits were positioned as not available elsewhere. Love to see the fans reps reaction and whether they think the Board would have the appetite to take it further.

DarlingtonHibee
03-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Read the accounts.

bigwheel
03-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Speedway

The infrastructure allowing all of this is there - we can and do some of this via HSL

HSL

True HSL...but we are no doing yet really though are we. I'd recommend you take it on as a good suggestion - it is likely to get a good response from a decent number..driving up our HSL numbers.

SRHibs
03-09-2018, 06:19 PM

You were telling us all that you have no problem with the board, yet negativity towards the board is about all you seen to be contributing. Don’t you have some A4 signs to be printing? 👀

Caversham Green
03-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Not sure, TBH.

I'm assuming you mean in the event of his passing, or becoming incapacitated. STF's shares will pass on in accordance with his will. That may be to his son, to the wider family, to a trust.....maybe even Rod.:greengrin.

It can only be speculation at the moment.

The bulk of Sir Tom's investment is already in a trust. The ultimate parent company in the group is called Maidencraig Investments and that is 100% owned by a settlement trust. Presumably Sir Tom is the Trustee and the beneficiaries are probably his family, so (very) broadly speaking his son/family are already the beneficial owners of the Farmer part of the club.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
The bulk of Sir Tom's investment is already in a trust. The ultimate parent company in the group is called Maidencraig Investments and that is 100% owned by a settlement trust. Presumably Sir Tom is the Trustee and the beneficiaries are probably his family, so (very) broadly speaking his son/family are already the beneficial owners of the Farmer part of the club.

Cheers. I knew about Maidencraig, but didn't know about its ownership.

Makes sense, of course.

DarlingtonHibee
03-09-2018, 06:21 PM

Don't know if you have been to an amg, but 99% of the questions are about the team.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Don't know if you have been to an amg, but 99% of the questions are about the team.You're not qualified, you canny even spell it rite. [emoji23]

Caversham Green
03-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Cheers. I knew about Maidencraig, but didn't know about its ownership.

Makes sense, of course.

It actually puts a different slant on a number of topics being discussed here, but I CBA going into any detail as a certain attention-seeking poster will only hijack it and remove any chance of a sensible discussion.

DarlingtonHibee
03-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Cwg, bit lost?

OfficialHSL
03-09-2018, 06:27 PM
It's not a lot of money for some, but for many on tight budgets donating £120 a year is unaffordable.
It seems to be now that supporting the club by committing to a Season Ticket in the numbers that we have seen and going to as many away games as you can to support the team when finances dictate is not enough. Not that this expectation is coming from the club.

Carheenlea

We understand and agree with your point.

We are not aiming to attract those supporters who simply can't afford to donate, they should spend their money on the essentials in life. We are trying to attract those fans who wouldn't miss £10 a month and we hope that with similar demographics we can attract them in similar numbers to Aberdeen and Hearts. We suspect that these other supporters realise that we may have to pay more for our football if we want to attract better quality. The good thing about the HSL scheme is that allows fans who can pay more voluntarily pay more.

HSL

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Cwg, bit lost?Sorry, mate. Was just taking a pop at your typo. Amg? [emoji6]

DarlingtonHibee
03-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Just seen it, bloody phone lol!

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Stop using facts to back up your argument.

Thats a surefire way to end up on ignore lists...

Another comedian

madsen5
03-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Sorry, mate. Was just taking a pop at your typo. Amg? [emoji6]

What happened to the guy I think was in the states called
Globalhibby if I remember correctly.

OfficialHSL
03-09-2018, 06:34 PM
True HSL...but we are no doing yet really though are we. I'd recommend you take it on as a good suggestion - it is likely to get a good response from a decent number..driving up our HSL numbers.

Rest assured we are taking this on board and will progress with the Club. Please do not sense any reluctance from us to consider anything. Just be aware that at the end of the day it is for the Club executive to manage all matters relating to the Club and many issues can have implications that are not always obvious. For example season ticket money attracts vat whereas donations to HSL do not. The underlying principle of course is still valid and rest assured we will pursue this.

HSL

DarlingtonHibee
03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Do you even read the replies, hibs are extreme well run and financial sound , yes we have had a sticky start, but that is for Neil to sort, not the board.

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Another comedian

Touch a nerve did I?

Shame....

Dancehibs
03-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Touch a nerve did I?

Shame....

As I said a comedian. No nerve touched.

Keith_M
03-09-2018, 07:08 PM
What happened to the guy I think was in the states called
Globalhibby if I remember correctly.

South of England somewhere.

I think he gave up because he wasn't taken seriously.

bodhibs
03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
His mother's from the Hebrides. A kafflik-hating wee Free [emoji38]

Oi, leave the wee free alone, they do great work like stopping me from trout fishing on a Sunday 🙄

KingFranck
03-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Money making idea
Get the Proclaimers to record Glory Glory to the Hibees and Turnbull’s Tornadoes sell it in the following formats
Cd
Green vinyl single
MP3 download
All money goes to Hibs

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Oi, leave the wee free alone, they do great work like stopping me from trout fishing on a Sunday [emoji849]Keep it quiet or they'll be flying trout flags at Darkheid in support of the oppressed Hebridean trout.

bodhibs
03-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Keep it quiet or they'll be flying trout flags at Darkheid in support of the oppressed Hebridean trout.

Lol 😂 can see it, any hard done by wagon and they're all on it

Bostonhibby
03-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Lol [emoji23] can see it, any hard done by wagon and they're all on itPrayforthehebrideantrout.

beensaidbefore
03-09-2018, 07:37 PM
RP mentioned a five year plan at an AGM round about five years ago - maybe a tad more - and got pelters on here for it. Since then the club has:

We now have a highly motivated manager with a history of success in Scottish football and a squad that we expect to compete at the top end of the Premiership, the failure to sign Scott Allan notwithstanding. In the interim we've had a squad capable of reaching and winning cup finals and had some success in European competitions.

When you put it like that, Petrie out!! 🤣🤣

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2018, 09:19 PM
As I said a comedian. No nerve touched.

Only thing missing from your posts is the obligatory sign off

"Mon Scottish Labour" 😉

Peevemor
03-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Another point that hasn't fully been noted here is STF's (and to a lesser extent RP's) generosity with the share issue /HSL set up.

Say that in 7 years time (or whatever) the debt is paid off and the club has a value of £20m. Without the share issue, this would ultimately belong to STF & RP.

However, with the creation and sale of the new shares, they're diluting their shareholding, with all money paid for the shares going to the team as opposed to STF /RP. If, for arguments sake, the fans' shareholding reaches 50%, then STF's /RP's shares would only be worth £10m, basically meaning that they'll have gifted £10m to the club/fans.

Or maybe it's just a Ponzi scheme...

The Modfather
04-09-2018, 08:00 AM

Without wanting to hijack the thread and turn it into the well worn debate. Let’s not re-write history that we are where we are today because of Petrie’s grand plan. His, unquantifiable, 5 year plan was just PR to buy him more time as we went into free fall culminating in the inevitability of relegation.

It’s no coincidence that from free fall and a club culture that Petrie himself admitted had to change did so one Dempster came in. The only credit I give Petrie is belatedly putting his ego to the side and hiring Dempster. Everything that has subsequently happened is down to her, I dread to think where we would be today if Petrie had tried to fix his own mess.

bigwheel
04-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Without wanting to hijack the thread and turn it into the well worn debate. Let’s not re-write history that we are where we are today because of Petrie’s grand plan. His, unquantifiable, 5 year plan was just PR to buy him more time as we went into free fall culminating in the inevitability of relegation.

It’s no coincidence that from free fall and a club culture that Petrie himself admitted had to change did so one Dempster came in. The only credit I give Petrie is belatedly putting his ego to the side and hiring Dempster. Everything that has subsequently happened is down to her, I dread to think where we would be today if Petrie had tried to fix his own mess.

These are decent points ...but there is more balance in current workings of the club than you imply here..Petrie remains involved in any material club decision. He hasn’t handed it autonomously over to LD...they work together...so whilst I agree LD has brought a different and important new approach..RP remains active and present in all things associated..this is an owner managed club..and in the absence of STF..Petrie is the acting owner in all decisions...

Caversham Green
04-09-2018, 08:34 AM

I disagree. It's not coincidence that very soon after Petrie mentioned a five year plan all the stuff I listed just happened - it was undoubtedly planned in advance. Bear in mind that Leeann was already on her way before the Butcher disaster happened, and she already had experience in passing share ownership to supporters at Motherwell.

greenginger
04-09-2018, 09:24 AM

Not read the whole thread so this may have already been discussed.

There must be a few Hibs supporters out there with deep pockets who have already invested in the club through large share purchases.

Looking at the Club's statement of capital, there has been about a dozen purchases of blocks of 1,250,000 shares or 625,000 shares ( £50,000 or £ 25,000 ) through varies nominee names. Leith Walk Nominees, Hilton Park Nominees , Forth Bridge Nominees, are a few of the names but who is behind them is not known , at least publicly.

When STF finally departs the stage , voluntary or inevitably , I would expect these larger shareholders to step forward with plans and promises of funding to win the support of a majority of the shareholding group.

Until then I would think they will keep their powder dry.

madsen5
04-09-2018, 04:20 PM
South of England somewhere.

I think he gave up because he wasn't taken seriously.

Ok thanks for that.

One Day Soon
05-09-2018, 08:30 AM

Love this idea.

Allant1981
05-09-2018, 10:50 AM
Love this idea.

but what happens in year 2 and we dont get as many paying in and we have signed players based on this money and then cant afford the wages?

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2018, 11:13 AM
It’s not transparent when they refuse to tell shareholders how much farmer bought the debt for though.

What difference do you think it would make if we knew how much he paid? Do you think he paid less than the £5m we’re paying him back (interest free)?

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2018, 11:13 AM
but what happens in year 2 and we dont get as many paying in and we have signed players based on this money and then cant afford the wages?Our CEO and football department would be wise enough not to overspend.

Allant1981
05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Our CEO and football department would be wise enough not to overspend.

i would hope so but in reality this type of scheme would never work, you could never plan 2 or 3 years in advance

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2018, 11:30 AM
i would hope so but in reality this type of scheme would never work, you could never plan 2 or 3 years in advanceOf course you could. If we get a windfall in Year 1, it's up to the Club to spread that over a number of years. Indeed, that's exactly what happens now with the HSL cash.

Allant1981
05-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Of course you could. If we get a windfall in Year 1, it's up to the Club to spread that over a number of years. Indeed, that's exactly what happens now with the HSL cash.

the club arent dependant on hsl money though, thats an added bonus, if im reading it correctly then the club would be needing this money for that season, unless ive picked the idea up wrong which wouldnt be a surpruse!!

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2018, 12:19 PM
the club arent dependant on hsl money though, thats an added bonus, if im reading it correctly then the club would be needing this money for that season, unless ive picked the idea up wrong which wouldnt be a surpruse!!The second tier of the 2 tier ST is the windfall. The 1st tier is " normal" ST money which goes to the playing budget for the season.

In that respect, the 2nd tier is very similar to the HSL cash. The only difference is that 1/6 of it will probably be taken by HMRC in VAT.

One Day Soon
05-09-2018, 12:24 PM
The second tier of the 2 tier ST is the windfall. The 1st tier is " normal" ST money which goes to the playing budget for the season.

In that respect, the 2nd tier is very similar to the HSL cash.

And if they were smart they would use the 2nd tier to pay one off costs like transfer fees or signing bonuses. That way you are not building the 2nd tier money into recurring expenditure so if the 2nd tier money fluctuates from year to year it has no impact on affording salaries.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2018, 12:30 PM
And if they were smart they would use the 2nd tier to pay one off costs like transfer fees or signing bonuses. That way you are not building the 2nd tier money into recurring expenditure so if the 2nd tier money fluctuates from year to year it has no impact on affording salaries....which is what they are doing (one assumes) with the current donations.

Yep, they're smart. [emoji38]

One Day Soon
05-09-2018, 12:36 PM
...which is what they are doing (one assumes) with the current donations.

Yep, they're smart. [emoji38]

Yeah, that's what they will be doing. With what's left over after Board members and benefactors have taken thysands and thysands and thysands of pounds out of the club as a cash cow for pocket money/fun/because its a conspiracy etc. It's all true because reasons. Obviously.

jacomo
05-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Yeah, that's what they will be doing. With what's left over after Board members and benefactors have taken thysands and thysands and thysands of pounds out of the club as a cash cow for pocket money/fun/because its a conspiracy etc. It's all true because reasons. Obviously.

You’re close. Closer than you know. Keep digging.

Signed,
Your anonymous friend