PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Youth in the first team

1two
27-01-2018, 08:42 AM
I read somewhere that Man Utd have had a player who’s graduated from their own academy given game time in every match they’ve played from since something like 1940 or 3000+ games

Any stats guys able to detail something similar for Hibs?

hibs#1
27-01-2018, 08:46 AM
On the point of Man Utd Jesse lingard is 25 and only really establishing himself in the last year or so,just shows some players can develop at different rates I had thought he was much younger just shows perseverance with youngsters can pay off.

1two
27-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Just to clarify the Man Utd stat;

“3,883 consecutive matches that a Man United youth team graduate had been selected in the match day squad which began in October 1937.”

RoxburghHibs
27-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Man Utd's youth system is completely different to most others. They buy/acquire the best youth players early doors from other clubs.

indiejak1413
27-01-2018, 12:35 PM
They seem to buck the trend with many EPL clubs in the way they promote their youth players. I wonder why it works for them and not others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spudster
27-01-2018, 12:52 PM
On the point of Man Utd Jesse lingard is 25 and only really establishing himself in the last year or so,just shows some players can develop at different rates I had thought he was much younger just shows perseverance with youngsters can pay off.
If you seen him on social media or outside football you’d believe he was 12! An embarrassment of a man, good player mind you

Just Jimmy
27-01-2018, 01:34 PM
If you seen him on social media or outside football you’d believe he was 12! An embarrassment of a man, good player mind youApart from all the charity work he does away from Utd and in his own time in Manchester, obviously.

easty
27-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Apart from all the charity work he does away from Utd and in his own time in Manchester, obviously.

Doing charity work doesn't automatically stop someone being a complete dingle.

Johnny_Leith
28-01-2018, 12:17 AM
That's nothing. Hearts are developing the best players in the world that will, in time, win the league for hearts, the world cup for Scotland, and world war III as is tradition across town.

The big team, it's true, I've been told multiple times from Jambo's that Harry Cochrane will do better than: SJM, Scott Brown, Oxlade-chamberlain, Paul Pogba and even Zidane.

Just Jimmy
28-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Doing charity work doesn't automatically stop someone being a complete dingle.it doesn't. However labelling someone "a complete embarrassment of a man" based on social media is harsh. I also doubt the poster has seen him much "in real life" either. footballers get blasted with this stuff all the time. Lingaard is well known down here for good charity work and being great with kids etc.

anyway I don't really care, It was just a comment that I picked up on at the time.

calumhibee1
28-01-2018, 08:59 AM
it doesn't. However labelling someone "a complete embarrassment of a man" based on social media is harsh. I also doubt the poster has seen him much "in real life" either. footballers get blasted with this stuff all the time. Lingaard is well known down here for good charity work and being great with kids etc.

anyway I don't really care, It was just a comment that I picked up on at the time.

His 'banter' isn't really my style but it generally seems like harmless fun (unless he's done something I'm unaware of to make him an embarrassment). I also couldn't believe he was 25, where the hell has he been the last 7 or so years?

BoomtownHibees
28-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Man Utd's youth system is completely different to most others. They buy/acquire the best youth players early doors from other clubs.

Is that not what every team aims to do?

Cod Boy
28-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately most clubs prefer to take journeyman loan players into there clubs then give youth a chance.

indiejak1413
28-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately most clubs prefer to take journeyman loan players into there clubs then give youth a chance.Agree

where'stheslope
28-01-2018, 10:48 AM
That's nothing. Hearts are developing the best players in the world that will, in time, win the league for hearts, the world cup for Scotland, and world war III as is tradition across town.

The big team, it's true, I've been told multiple times from Jambo's that Harry Cochrane will do better than: SJM, Scott Brown, Oxlade-chamberlain, Paul Pogba and even Zidane.

You know they're winding you up???????