PDA

View Full Version : Dempster interview- The Times

Hibeesmad
27-01-2018, 07:39 AM
I meet Leeann Dempster on a busy day at Hampden Park. She is dressed soberly and looks purposeful as she explores a day-long football forum. She seems impressive: assiduous, determined, clear-thinking, and not without a sense of fun. She is also the quiet revolutionary of Hibernian, having transformed the Easter Road club as its chief executive.

In a previous life Dempster was a Rangers season-ticket holder of 20 years standing. She can still humorously quote her Copland Road seat number. She also held down executive positions in the wider media industry before entering football as the CEO of Motherwell. As a woman with power in football, Dempster is a prominent figure, but also tends to shy away from publicity.

“About 95 per cent of the time I absolutely love my job,” she says. “But there are always times when you reflect and think, ‘I’ve not had the best day.’ You have to have a particular kind of personality and drive to work in football. It looks glamorous but it is a six or seven day a week thing, it takes a bit of commitment. Also, on social media there is a visibility out there that you have to cope with, and keep your focus, and just get on with it.”

Hibs look very different under Dempster. For one thing, over the four years that she has been there the club has moved to being roughly 30 per cent fan-owned, where once Sir Tom Farmer owned Hibs almost entirely. Dempster acknowledges Farmer’s generosity in releasing shares to supporters, with the money going back into the club. It was also on Dempster’s watch that Hibs boldly purchased John McGinn in 2015, a player they will soon sell for £3 million-plus.

“Getting back into the top league has allowed us to really start rebuilding the club,” she says. “We are not yet in a position where we can say we are super cash resilient, but we are in a position where we can make our own decisions. And the financial success of Hibs is still very much based upon the support that the fans give us.

“We are always spinning plates. When we bought John McGinn it was unheard of for a club to be relegated but then move into the transfer market, but that is what we did. We’ve paid transfer fees for a few other players as well, such as Ofir Marciano and Vykintas Slivka.

“People use this phrase ‘live within your means’ and to a greater extent that is what we must do. We will do it responsibly and, hopefully, the supporters will see this club prosper. We will get to a position where I think we will be able to say that we are significantly cash-resilient.”

Dempster is ambitious for Hibs. She says she doesn’t just want the club to be a top-six team this season, but is also now holding out hope of getting a European spot via a high Ladbrokes Premiership finish. On her watch Alan Stubbs has been hired, a Scottish Cup has been won, and then Neil Lennon came along.

It surprised some, thinking them to be very different animals, but Dempster and Lennon get on well. “I think Neil is revelling in it,” she says. “I think he has found his club, at this moment in time, at this point in his life. And I think we’ve absolutely found our manager as well.

“He has brought raw passion and emotion. When Alan [Stubbs] left and I heard that Neil might be interested I immediately thought: ‘this is the bit that is missing from this club’. As a coach he had everything else we needed but he also had that bit that we were missing.”

Lennon breezed through the doors of Easter Road in June 2015 and, in his opening press conference, slapped down his new club about being all style and no substance.

“I agreed with him about ‘boy band’,” Dempster says. “I think he was right about that. And he has brought the absolute opposite of it to Hibs: grit and determination and a total sense of disappointment when we don’t win.

“We get on well. He is an entirely likeable person. We’re not ‘mates’ as such but we are great colleagues. We have a great professional relationship. What I like about him, and what he likes about me, is that we tell each other the truth. We don’t sugar-coat things.

“Neil also understands our structure. We free him to be the first-team coach but he supports and understands our recruitment people and our medical people. He understands the skills-set of the people around him, and it allows him to be what he is, which is a very good football coach.

“Sometimes you just find a moment in time. This is it with Neil. He found us and we have found him and we are in a great period together. I think there are bits about him which he saw in guys like Martin O’Neill and Gordon Strachan. He has been in those dressing-rooms and seen it.”

Dempster appears to be good at building relationships. She gets on well, she says, with Ann Budge, the Hearts owner, despite the fierce rivalry of the clubs. The two women met five years ago, when Dempster was still at Motherwell, and she and Budge spent a day discussing the strange marriage that is football and business. Looking back, perhaps Budge espied her own fate ahead of her, and wanted to pick Dempster’s brains.

“We get on quite well, I think,” she says. “I’ve met Ann on a number of occasions since she’s been involved at Hearts. I’d like to think our relations are good and strong. Even though there is competition on the field and through the supporters, both of us understand the value and importance in trying to build this strong footballing culture in Edinburgh.

“I think it is fair to say that, in years gone by, neither Hibs nor Hearts did as well as they might have done. But now, if both clubs are starting to prosper, and supporters are coming back to our stadiums, that can only be good for us and good for Edinburgh. There is a strong footballing culture all over Scotland and our two clubs are a major part of that.”

She is not all about diplomacy, however. When I ask Dempster about Craig Levein’s comments last weekend about “restoring the natural order” following Hearts’ Scottish Cup win over Hibs, she isn’t angry so much as derisory. “Och, Craig was playing to the gallery,” she scoffs. “If Hearts beating Hibs once in ten games is restoring some sort of order, well, that’s fine. Hearts hadn’t actually beaten us since August 2014. I think I get the natural order bit.”

Dempster doesn’t once use the word “brand” in our conversation but I get the impression she is aware of its meaning. She wants the best for Hibs and Scottish football but believes it has some way to go yet. “We need to strive to make sure — all of us — that the league is as competitive as it can be. Celtic went on that 69-game unbeaten run, and it was great credit to Brendan Rodgers and his players. But I don’t think, if you are looking in on Scottish football, it plays well for us.

“What it shows is that we are in a league that is dominated by just one team. So we need to grow that competition back again. I’m not being anti any club in saying this, I just think it’s needed in Scotland. It’s a blunt fact.”

There will be opportunities ahead, too, for Hibs, she believes, in an imminently changing landscape. And she wants to be ready for it.

“There are big decisions coming our way over the next few years. Things in Europe will change. For example, there could be more opportunity in the Europa League. As a club — and as a country — we need to be ready for these opportunities when they present themselves.

“The Europa League could expand, offering more participation. If so, that is a game-changer for us. The financial door could be thrown open and, if it happens, I want Hibs to be ready. We must be there to take advantage of it.”

theonlywayisup
27-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Hibs look very different under Dempster. For one thing, over the four years that she has been there the club has moved to being roughly 30 per cent fan-owned, where once Sir Tom Farmer owned Hibs almost entirely. Dempster acknowledges Farmer’s generosity in releasing shares to supporters, with the money going back into the club. It was also on Dempster’s watch that Hibs boldly purchased John McGinn in 2015, a player they will soon sell for £3 million-plus.

:hmmm:

Hibeesmad
27-01-2018, 07:50 AM
:hmmm:

😬

green day
27-01-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm more worried about losing LD than I am of losing individual players.

She seems to know her stuff, and I liked the non emotional way she dealt with Levein comments.

duffers
27-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Good read. I love Leeann

theonlywayisup
27-01-2018, 07:55 AM
She is not all about diplomacy, however. When I ask Dempster about Craig Levein’s comments last weekend about “restoring the natural order” following Hearts’ Scottish Cup win over Hibs, she isn’t angry so much as derisory. “Och, Craig was playing to the gallery,” she scoffs. “If Hearts beating Hibs once in ten games is restoring some sort of order, well, that’s fine. Hearts hadn’t actually beaten us since August 2014. I think I get the natural order bit.”

:applause:

hibsbollah
27-01-2018, 07:59 AM
She was a great signing.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2018, 08:03 AM
Cheers for posting. Is that it all? Feels like it ends abruptly?

Betty Boop
27-01-2018, 08:13 AM
A Rangers season ticket holder for twenty years. Wonder if she belted out the party songs ? :greengrin

hibsbollah
27-01-2018, 08:22 AM
I'm interested in the detail of this europa league expansion thing she's talking about. Peter Lawell made reference to it in November and the Daily ****** picked it up but has any other news outlet? And us there any detail anywhere? Can't see it if there is.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-01-2018, 08:26 AM
A Rangers season ticket holder for twenty years. Wonder if she belted out the party songs ? :greengrin

Would be more concerned with the rangers coming a knocking. They seem to have a cluster **** at board level that needs to be sorted.

Oscar T Grouch
I love LD for how she has guided our club over the four years she’s been with us. This sort of article is great for Hibs but I fear being in the national press it will attract interest from covetous clubs down south. Anyway it’s kinda good to hear it’s £3m we’re looking for for SJM and as ever it’s great to see Levein being slapped doon by our CEO.

Scorrie
Thanks for posting. A good read and I believe we are very fortunate to have her at our club

Betty Boop
27-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Would be more concerned with the rangers coming a knocking. They seem to have a cluster **** at board level that needs to be sorted.

Yea she worked with Stewart Robertson, Rangers MD at Motherwell.

Jones28
27-01-2018, 08:41 AM
She was a great signing.

The best appointment the club has made in my 24 years as a Hibs fan.

Ozyhibby
27-01-2018, 08:58 AM
I'm interested in the detail of this europa league expansion thing she's talking about. Peter Lawell made reference to it in November and the Daily ****** picked it up but has any other news outlet? And us there any detail anywhere? Can't see it if there is.

The most important part of the interview and good to here we are ready. Massive change is coming to European football whether we like it or not. We need to make sure we are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2018, 09:05 AM
From the way she talks about Lennon it doesn’t sound like he’s looking to leave for the Scotland job.

Of course she could be lying and be part of some media conspiracy to ruin Hibs progress!

Things are good just now, on and off the park.

The only folk putting the boot in are some fans on here. Weirdos.

Ozyhibby
27-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Lawell talking about Europa league expansion.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-reveals-11527511

Golden Bear
27-01-2018, 09:11 AM
I remember the first few weeks after her appointment there appeared to be an organised and concerted group of Hibs fans whose motive appeared to be to get rid of her asap.

I could never quite understand it myself, but I don't do politics myself.

Steve-O
27-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Interesting interview. I didn’t know she was a Rangers fan of 20 years. Now interesting why the club kept quiet on all the Rangers stuff...🤔

Topographic Hibby
27-01-2018, 09:20 AM
This 100%. Players can come and go, but we have a strong, talented CEO that would be a tremendous loss if she left.

CentreLine
27-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Interesting interview. I didn’t know she was a Rangers fan of 20 years. Now interesting why the club kept quiet on all the Rangers stuff...🤔

It was certainly common knowledge and not kept at all quiet when she joined us. I seem to remember seeing it mentioned in several of her interviews. Never bothered me in the least. Best thing to happen to the club since STF saved it. To be fair I don’t think anyone has ever been too bothered by it and that’s why it never comes to the fire too often.

marinello59
27-01-2018, 09:23 AM

Behave.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2018, 09:26 AM
I remember the first few weeks after her appointment there appeared to be an organised and concerted group of Hibs fans whose motive appeared to be to get rid of her asap.

Was there, i cant remember that?:confused:

Since90+2
27-01-2018, 09:29 AM

Can't remember that ever happening.

hibs#1
27-01-2018, 09:30 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-reveals-11527511

Would be good to get more Scottish clubs further on in the Europa league (as long as we are in a position to take advantage of that.)

Also as much as I dislike celtic it's a disgrace how many qualifiers needed to get into champions league group stages. That also applies for any team that would win the Scottish league and other smaller nations.

we are hibs
27-01-2018, 09:35 AM

I think it was more aimed at Petrie and Farmer and people were rightly sceptical at the time due to the previous few years of false hopes and dross

hibs#1
27-01-2018, 09:42 AM
I think it was more aimed at Petrie and Farmer and people were rightly sceptical at the time due to the previous few years of false hopes and dross

That's correct.

Stonewall
27-01-2018, 09:45 AM
I remember a few questioning the wisdom of spending money on implementing the structure we now have and the potential knock on effects for the playing budget, given that the budget was going to be tight anyway.

Col2
27-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Surprised she didn’t mention anything re fans and massine increase in season tickets and attendances.

Good interview though and absolutely key to taking us forward.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:00 AM
I guess this will go against the grain...but whilst delighted Dempster is in role, and hope she continues, I don't see her in any way irreplaceable. She's an executive running the business...she is nowhere near as important as those of the footballing side. Frankly, she could have done exactly what she has done , but if it wasn't for the cup win and promotion, there would be a rebellion in the air.

Also I would suggest that most CEOs come in to role where there are major commercial and infrastructure challenges to be addressed (stadium, training grounds, sponsorships) etc. All of those were in place - it was the footballing structure that needed focussed on..and to her credit, there have been good appointments there. Although the recruitment team have yet to prove themselves , as have the academy...

Her work engaging wth the fans has been fresh...again though, the cup win has made this a much easier task..for example, there hasn't been a fresh investment of any material funds other than HSL...which has been mixed in terms of progress (I'm a long time contributor)

Also, I've not seen much of the often talked about revenue from the facilities at Easter road outside of match days...

So whilst the report card is good (I'm in no way saying she has done a bad job). I'm pushing against the view that she has been outstanding...a B for me...room for improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
27-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I didn’t know she had been a season ticket holder at Rangers for 20 years and wonder if the reason for the article mentioning it is the first advance of smoothing a transition for her to Ibrox. Raise her qualifications and appease their sectarian hordes.

Might also explain her complicity along with Petrie of Hibs lack of resolve for an independent inquiry into the SFA’s handling of Rangers EBT cheating.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 10:05 AM
I love the lassie.

I thought everyone was behind her from the start as her first job was punting Butcher.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 10:07 AM

I was at meeting LD hosted about 5 days after she took up her position and she was very open about having been brought up a Rangers fan. I wasn't aware of it being a big secret.

Carheenlea
27-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I was at meeting LD hosted about 5 days after she took up her position and she was very open about having been brought up a Rangers fan. I wasn't aware of it being a big secret.

I assumed it was common knowledge that she was a Rangers supporter. Not that she shouted from the rooftops about it, but never hid the fact.

Firestarter
I guess this will go against the grain...but whilst delighted Dempster is in role, and hope she continues, I don't see her in any way irreplaceable. She's an executive running the business...she is nowhere near as important as those of the footballing side. Frankly, she could have done exactly what she has done , but if it wasn't for the cup win and promotion, there would be a rebellion in the air.

Also I would suggest that most CEOs come in to role where there are major commercial and infrastructure challenges to be addressed (stadium, training grounds, sponsorships) etc. All of those were in place - it was the footballing structure that needed focussed on..and to her credit, there have been good appointments there. Although the recruitment team have yet to prove themselves , as have the academy...

Her work engaging wth the fans has been fresh...again though, the cup win has made this a much easier task..for example, there hasn't been a fresh investment of any material funds other than HSL...which has been mixed in terms of progress (I'm a long time contributor)

Also, I've not seen much of the often talked about revenue from the facilities at Easter road outside of match days...

So whilst the report card is good (I'm in no way saying she has done a bad job). I'm pushing against the view that she has been outstanding...a B for me...room for improvement.

Why would there be a rebellion?

hibsbollah

That's the article I'm on about. A total lack of detail and it's not confirmed from anyone else I can see online. It could be Lawell getting his wires crossed? It wouldn't be the first time Scottish football bigwigs got the wrong end of the stick as to what FIFA and UEFA are thinking. It would be great for us if true, obviously.

CentreLine
27-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Not really how I see it BigW. When she arrived at the club there was no structure and no forward planning. In her watch the clubhas been reconstructed from top to bottom. We have had two quality managers on the bounce (when did that last happen), we have a football structure at every age group, we now have a scouting network, we now have a whole raft of sports science people and much of the burden that would have been taken as part of the “manager’s” roll has now been taken elsewhere within the club. And we have a top rating for our facilities and training school of excellence or whatever it’s now called. None of that would have happened without LD IMHO

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Why would there be a rebellion?

Isn't it obvious? Because we would still be in the championship..and have had years of failure

hibsbollah
27-01-2018, 10:13 AM

...and it's absolutely not an issue if she is/was. If you're employed in football you become a 'fan' of your employer, at least professional people like Dempster and 99% of everyone else I'm guessing.

Alan62
27-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Leeann is brilliant. We are lucky to have her.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Not really how I see it BigW. When she arrived at the club there was no structure and no forward planning. In her watch the clubhas been reconstructed from top to bottom. We have had two quality managers on the bounce (when did that last happen), we have a football structure at every age group, we now have a scouting network, we now have a whole raft of sports science people and much of the burden that would have been taken as part of the “manager’s” roll has now been taken elsewhere within the club. And we have a top rating for our facilities and training school of excellence or whatever it’s now called. None of that would have happened without LD IMHO

I agree those things have been important....you do realise it was Petrie who designed this structure including the role Dempster, Craig and others fill, before we got relegated?? Was always being implemented. I agree though, she has supported the structure well. that's why I'm not suggesting for a minute she hasn't made a difference.Just don't feel she has been outstanding...

ChrissyG1875
27-01-2018, 10:18 AM

Would it not be fair to say that her appointment and these successes are very much linked? Given how we appeared to very much be on a downward spiral and in complete disarray until she joined

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Would it not be fair to say that her appointment and these successes are very much linked? Given how we appeared to very much be on a downward spiral and in complete disarray until she joined

The structure that is in place was determined before she joined. It was always due to start that summer. her appointment was part of the changes already decided. Again though...I am a supporter...my post suggests she is doing a good job, adding value..an important contribution...but I don't see our footballing success because of a Dempster as interlinked as some suggest in this and other threads...that is down to the footballing team and tbh getting promoted at third time of asking was the minimum acceptable outcome. the wonderful cup success allowed us to fund the third season in a way that would have been much more difficult without it.

scooby
27-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Dinosaurs, but we know what happened to them.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Hmmm...was it not wanting Petrie and Farmer out..rather than Dempster? Might be recalling it wrong though..

ChrissyG1875
27-01-2018, 10:35 AM
The structure that is in place was determined before she joined. It was always due to start that summer. her appointment was part of the changes already decided. Again though...I am a supporter...my post suggests she is doing a good job, adding value..an important contribution...but I don't see our footballing success because of a Dempster as interlinked as some suggest in this and other threads...that is down to the footballing team and tbh getting promoted at third time of asking was the minimum acceptable outcome. the wonderful cup success allowed us to fund the third season in a way that would have been much more difficult without it.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkFair enough I didn't know that, I was always under the impression it was her that set up the new structure but I know nothing of the goings on behind the scenes, other than what I've read on here and the papers. Credit surely must go to her for getting both managerial appointments spot on no?

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Fair enough I didn't know that, I was always under the impression it was her that set up the new structure but I know nothing of the goings on behind the scenes, other than what I've read on here and the papers. Credit surely must go to her for getting both managerial appointments spot on no?

Definitely made great management decisions ..Getting rid of Butcher has surely been one of the best calls made in recent years....and whilst the structure was determined,and Craig already appointed..she has worked to implement it effectively. I'm a fan Chrissy...not negative. She is doing a good job..no challenge there. just don't see her as the "best thing that's happened". Petrie remains very involved too...not seen a thread on here crediting him recently [emoji6][emoji3]

CraigHibee
27-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Good interview, if you look at the state we were in prior to Leanne coming in she's turned it around and galvanised the support which is great

wfortune
27-01-2018, 10:40 AM
A few errors in there. Lennon didn't join in 2015. Also we had been down a year before signing mcginn.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

overdrive
27-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Hmmm...was it not wanting Petrie and Farmer out..rather than Dempster? Might be recalling it wrong though..

That’s my recollection and the only comments about Dempster leaving were along the lines of ‘we’ve missold her the job now we’ve been relegated, maybe she won’t want the job’ kind of thing. I think Petrie offered her the chance to pull out of the job out of common courtesy.

George Craig was a Petrie appointment as well.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Isn't it obvious? Because we would still be in the championship..and have had years of failure

Why would we still be in the championship if we didn't win the cup? We would win the league regardless and it was always going to be hard to get out with Hearts and Huns in the league and us starting from scratch.

wookie70
Surprised she didn’t mention anything re fans and massine increase in season tickets and attendances.

I'm the same. She has to take a lot of credit for the huge rise in supporter numbers. She mentions that the clubs financial base is still determined by bums on seats and you would think that would have been a good time to talk about how many fans are turning up at ER and what we had planned for all that money.

Also very interesting when she talks about the recruitment team and Lennon having his role and them theirs. That looked the case under Stubbs but I'm not so convinced under Lennon as our type and age of player recruited seems very different. That could be a decision from the recruitment team to solidify with experience of course but I'm inclined to think that Lennon has a far bigger part to play in recruitment than Stubbs.

Overall she is doing an excellent job and I hope we have her for a long time. Very glad there doesn't seem to be any transfer market for executives in football.

Spike Mandela
Good interview, if you look at the state we were in prior to Leanne coming in she's turned it around and galvanised the support which is great

All true. Alternatively you could say she presided over our longest period in a lower division in living memory.

All about perspective and balance.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Dempster was definitely in the firing line too.

ChrissyG1875
27-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Definitely made great management decisions ..Getting rid of Butcher has surely been one of the best calls made in recent years....and whilst the structure was determined,and Craig already appointed..she has worked to implement it effectively. I'm a fan Chrissy...not negative. She is doing a good job..no challenge there. just don't see her as the "best thing that's happened". Petrie remains very involved too...not seen a thread on here crediting him recently [emoji6][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkCan't argue with any of that and to be fair I've never seen Petrie as this evil villain type character that some people do. He was an atrocious chief executive but when he passed that over to Leeann I was very happy for him to stay as chairman

Hibbyradge
27-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Why would we still be in the championship if we didn't win the cup? We would win the league regardless and it was always going to be hard to get out with Hearts and Huns in the league and us starting from scratch.

That's not what he said, though.

Ronniekirk
27-01-2018, 10:55 AM

I heard she can play the Sash on the Mouth organNo mean feat

The Green Goblin
27-01-2018, 11:03 AM

Ah yes, those two trivial details! :greengrin A+ from me. The difference between us now and the point at which she joined is unbelievable.

ronaldo7
27-01-2018, 11:05 AM

Spot on.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Dempster leaving and teflon being the frontman again scares the sheite out of me, and would set the club back years.

The Baldmans Comb
27-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Leaane wants out.

Not today, not tomorrow but soon and she knows exactly where she wants to go and has been subtly preparing her case and positioning herself.:wink:

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Dempster leaving and teflon being the frontman again scares the sheite out of me, and would set the club back years.

Wouldn’t happen BH...remember it was him who set up the current structure and appointed LD. He would replace her if she moved on with someone else...he remains active in all Hibs activities, from academy
Projects through to signings ...Dempster and him work very closely together

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 11:25 AM
That's not what he said, though.

Yeah I made an arse of it and didn't see the promotion part.

ronaldo7
27-01-2018, 11:25 AM

He won't be going back into that role G. We need to be scouring the market looking for the next, leeann.

snooky
27-01-2018, 11:43 AM

IMO that was a calculated opening line by the journo. What he's saying is "She's a Rangers fan, boys. We can easy tempt her to Ibrox." I was wondering how long it would take for them to start sniffing around. This journo's just trying to waken them up.
Cynical? Who me?

Baker9
27-01-2018, 11:49 AM

We are not in the Championship any more. She is irreplaceable and I'd love to get your thoughts on candidates to replace her.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Wouldn’t happen BH...remember it was him who set up the current structure and appointed LD. He would replace her if she moved on with someone else...he remains active in all Hibs activities, from academy
Projects through to signings ...Dempster and him work very closely together

He had nothing to do with her appointment nor the structure. We were driven by an independent consultant at that stage. God help us if it went back to his role.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 11:54 AM
We are not in the Championship any more. She is irreplaceable and I'd love to get your thoughts on candidates to replace her.

I'm appreciative of the job LD has done but 'irreplaceable' is hyperbole taken to extremes. We better hope it is anyway as the day we begin life post Leeann is probably not that far in the future.

Oscar T Grouch
27-01-2018, 11:58 AM

She may well have mentioned it. The problem with interviews in papers is they get edited, given the structure and ending of the article you have to assume it was edited, as LD has mentioned in TV interviews how much she appreciates the contribution of the fans she probably did so in this interview too.

overdrive
27-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Could George Craig step up if she left? He has experience of being a CEO/MD of a football club.

snooky
27-01-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm appreciative of the job LD has done but 'irreplaceable' is hyperbole taken to extremes. We better hope it is anyway as the day we begin life post Leeann is probably not that far in the future.

:agree: Her next step is obvious. It's not if, it's when, IMO.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 11:59 AM

History will show she was irreplaceable and I believe she is irreplaceable - we will not see another like her. My hope is that she sees her work with us as unfinished and will be around for a good few years yet.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 12:02 PM
He had nothing to do with her appointment nor the structure. We were driven by an independent consultant at that stage. God help us if it went back to his role.

Miles from the truth.....if you think such material decisions happened at Hibs without Petrie being all over it, you don't know the man...it's still the case by the way, how does that make you feel ? [emoji3]

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 12:04 PM

I can think of a handful without trying too deeply....but It will be neither my job to help that process, and like you I hope she is around for many years....irreplaceable is sensationalist nonsense.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Could George Craig step up if she left? He has experience of being a CEO/MD of a football club.

He could and I like the guy but he is not Leeann. A replacement, but not at the same level. I hope he stays with us as long as he wants. She would maybe take him with her.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 12:07 PM
I can think of a handful without trying too deeply....but It will be neither my job to help that process, and like you I hope she is around for many years....irreplaceable is sensationalist nonsense.

You could probably win me round with your list of candidates.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 12:14 PM
LD does an interview with a national newspaper and now she's leaving.

Welcome to the world of hibs.net everyone :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
27-01-2018, 12:22 PM
LD does an interview with a national newspaper and now she's leaving.

Welcome to the world of hibs.net everyone :greengrin

Lol! She has turned out to be one of our best signings, she understands NL inside out.

hhibs
27-01-2018, 12:35 PM

:top marks

lucky
27-01-2018, 12:38 PM
LD is going nowhere anytime soon. She’s settled in Scotland and won’t move down south. If Rangers come calling then it might tempt her but the community inclusive club she wants Hibs to be could never be done at Rangers as such I don’t think she’ll go there.

--------
27-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Yup. I live in Motherwell, it was common knowledge here all the time she was working at For Park. I didn't stop her doing a first-rate job for Motherwell and it doesn't seem to have prevented her doing a first-rate job at ER.

I like her style and I'm very grateful for all she's done. I hope she's around for a good while yet.

But she moved on from Motherwell and and I don't imagine that she sees Hibernian as her last stop before retirement ...

Jack
27-01-2018, 01:26 PM
I agree those things have been important....you do realise it was Petrie who designed this structure including the role Dempster, Craig and others fill, before we got relegated?? Was always being implemented. I agree though, she has supported the structure well. that's why I'm not suggesting for a minute she hasn't made a difference.Just don't feel she has been outstanding...

My memory is that it was various groups of what is now Working Together drawn together by either Brian Houston or Bruce Langham. Probably Bruce.

The plan was presented to the Hibs Board by a member of WT and probably Bruce and later adopted.

Given that member of WT hasn't contributed to this thread, yet, I won't name him.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 01:34 PM
My memory is that it was various groups of what is now Working Together drawn together by either Brian Houston or Bruce Langham. Probably Bruce.

The plan was presented to the Hibs Board by a member of WT and probably Bruce and later adopted.

Given that member of WT hasn't contributed to this thread, yet, I won't name him.

That sounds much closer to the mark to me.

houstonhibbee
27-01-2018, 01:37 PM
IMO that was a calculated opening line by the journo. What he's saying is "She's a Rangers fan, boys. We can easy tempt her to Ibrox." I was wondering how long it would take for them to start sniffing around. This journo's just trying to waken them up.
Cynical? Who me?
You're only doubting your own infinite wisdom coz it's in the times rather than the record or sun.
theyll probably run a story based on that soon enough once it cones to their attention - maybe before the visit to Glasgow west next week

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 01:40 PM

I recall there were people involved in working up recommendations...but the whole initiative was sponsored by Petrie, kicked off by him, he was close to the ideas as they thinking emerged and ultimately endorsed by him....

silverhibee
27-01-2018, 01:52 PM
:agree: Her next step is obvious. It's not if, it's when, IMO.

If Reagan leaves his position at the SFA it wouldn't surprise me if they head hunted her for the job.

snooky
27-01-2018, 01:54 PM
If Reagan leaves his position at the SFA it wouldn't surprise me if they head hunted her for the job.

Why would we want another bluenose in the SFA :dunno:

:wink: :devil: :stirrer:

Lago
27-01-2018, 01:55 PM

She seems to know her stuff, and I liked the non emotional way she dealt with Levein comments.
Your spot on, she is key to Hibs success & continuing success.

Ozyhibby
27-01-2018, 02:00 PM

It would shock me. Because she would be the perfect candidate for the job and when have they ever gone for that?

Is It On....
27-01-2018, 02:23 PM

She has a great gig at Hibs with real CEO powers so I don't think that she would leave to go and work for the Lying King. I am actually more concerned about her being lined up to replace the clowns Doncaster or Reagan although I suspect the key criteria would be her autonomy to act as the CEO. Thankfully (for us though no Scottish football) I don't think the SFA are desperate enough (though they should be) to start to a revolution in their running of the game.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 02:26 PM

That had never occurred to me and it would seem to be worryingly possible. Reagan must stay. :greengrin

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 02:49 PM

Quite different jobs. Hibs job has power ..SFA job has no power. All sits with the member clubs. Can’t see her being interested in being an administrator for the SFA.

andyf5
27-01-2018, 03:06 PM

There's always room for improvement but an A from me. Your list of good things she has done appears to contradict the marking. The culture within the club is vastly changed and she did that. Many of the footballers at our club cite the culture and environment as a draw. Players reject other clubs to come to us. The way various tricky situations for the club have been handled was very professional.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 03:22 PM
A few points based on other posts on here:

Someone said there wasn't much evidence of making money from the stadium outside of matchdays .... is the impending takeover of the FF by the NHS not evidence of that? Shame BTG was sacrificed to do it ... something Hibs must address IMO ... The NHS deal was a good idea, losing the fans bar wasn't.

Folk saying she wouldn't go to Ibrox. IMO of all the clubs in the UK that place is unfortunately made for her. Off the field its a car crash and someone with LD's obvious abilities wouldn't take long to see a few instant changes which would make a difference. Its as far away from a community club as you can get, unless that community is the Loyalist community of course. LD would pretty quickly get the club involved in the ordinary wider Glasgow community who want nothing to do with that stuff and she would be clever enough to do it without upsetting the Billy Boy element. She already has a huge advantage in that her 'The Rangers' credentials couldn't be called into question ... they would have to acknowledge she is 'one of them'

IMO she has done a great job so far ... she would have been given her fair share of the blame for our failures, she must be allowed a huge amount of credit for what has been mostly a successful stint as CEO.

She faces a huge challenge next season. The cup final euphoria, Finally winning the championship and the novelty of being back in the Premiership have all contributed to our huge increase in attendances. These factors will me missing or extremely diluted by the time next season comes around, it wont hurt in the slightest if we make Europe ..... if not she and Hibs face a massive task in keeping all of our 13,000 + season ticket holders to recommit.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Someone said there wasn't much evidence of making money from the stadium outside of matchdays .... is the impending takeover of the FF by the NHS not evidence of that? Shame BTG was sacrificed to do it ... something Hibs must address IMO ... The NHS deal was a good idea, losing the fans bar wasn't.

Yes. That would be good news...is it still happening though?? Announced months ago...and no sign of revenue commencing..

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Yes. That would be good news...is it still happening though?? Announced months ago...and no sign of revenue commencing..

Yes I agree, the whole thing seems to have gone very quiet including any commitment to replace BTG .... a wee half hearted attempt with the marquee thing, but even that's gone by the wayside.

Johnny Clash
27-01-2018, 09:09 PM

I remember the complete opposite. Just prior to her arrival many fans were despondent at the decline of our club so her appointment offered hope given her good track record at Motherwell. Since then I can’t think of a single occasion where an organised and concerted group even hinted they wanted her out. No way.

Steve-O
27-01-2018, 10:00 PM

I didn’t say it was a secret, just that I didn’t know. It seems many did, and fair enough. In general terms I have no issue with it at all, but surely there’s a small conflict when it comes to Rangers cheating when the person we wanted to speak out about it was actually there cheering Rangers on during the EBT years!

Nakedmanoncrack
27-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I didn’t say it was a secret, just that I didn’t know. It seems many did, and fair enough. In general terms I have no issue with it at all, but surely there’s a small conflict when it comes to Rangers cheating when the person we wanted to speak out about it was actually there cheering Rangers on during the EBT years!

:agree:

I certainly knew she was a hun, not that she had been a season ticket holder for 20 years though.

son of haggart
28-01-2018, 08:57 AM

Folk saying she wouldn't go to Ibrox. IMO of all the clubs in the UK that place is unfortunately made for her. Off the field its a car crash and someone with LD's obvious abilities wouldn't take long to see a few instant changes which would make a difference. Its as far away from a community club as you can get, unless that community is the Loyalist community of course. LD would pretty quickly get the club involved in the ordinary wider Glasgow community who want nothing to do with that stuff and she would be clever enough to do it without upsetting the Billy Boy element. She already has a huge advantage in that her 'The Rangers' credentials couldn't be called into question ... they would have to acknowledge she is 'one of them'

IMO she has done a great job so far ... she would have been given her fair share of the blame for our failures, she must be allowed a huge amount of credit for what has been mostly a successful stint as CEO.

She faces a huge challenge next season. The cup final euphoria, Finally winning the championship and the novelty of being back in the Premiership have all contributed to our huge increase in attendances. These factors will me missing or extremely diluted by the time next season comes around, it wont hurt in the slightest if we make Europe ..... if not she and Hibs face a massive task in keeping all of our 13,000 + season ticket holders to recommit.

Wouldn’t be surprised if she moves over to us (Hearts) when Budge’s loan is repaid and FOH take control. I realise that sounds a long shot and would depend on money, but as far as I am aware they get on ok, and it’s not as risky as the Rangers gig.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised if she moves over to us (Hearts) when Budge’s loan is repaid and FOH take control. I realise that sounds a long shot and would depend on money, but as far as I am aware they get on ok, and it’s not as risky as the Rangers gig.

No danger of her going to either vermin clubs

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:01 AM
How can you support sevco for so long, then say you are now passionate about Hibs, never understand that logic?

chippy
28-01-2018, 09:12 AM
The most important part of the interview and good to here we are ready. Massive change is coming to European football whether we like it or not. We need to make sure we are involved.

Agreed Oz, an expanded Europa League with likely group sections allocated without pre-qualifying rounds seems a likely scenario perhaps involving 3-4 Scottish clubs. Great opportunity to massively increase revenues and profile. It appears that Leeann is confirming Lawyells view that reform is on its way.. it must be the response to Atlantic League ideas and the disadvantages small nations clubs have in terms of building revenues to compete with the big nations clubs. I hope it happens and that Hibs are really ready for it with more investment in higher quality players, if it does come to pass Hibs will be a very attractive proposition for investors do I hope we ourselves reform the HSL model to build up fan membership and protect our club from chancers.

JimboHibs
28-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Agreed Oz, an expanded Europa League with likely group sections allocated without pre-qualifying rounds seems a likely scenario perhaps involving 3-4 Scottish clubs. Great opportunity to massively increase revenues and profile. It appears that Leeann is confirming Lawyells view that reform is on its way.. it must be the response to Atlantic League ideas and the disadvantages small nations clubs have in terms of building revenues to compete with the big nations clubs. I hope it happens and that Hibs are really ready for it with more investment in higher quality players, if it does come to pass Hibs will be a very attractive proposition for investors do I hope we ourselves reform the HSL model to build up fan membership and protect our club from chancers.

I don't think any club in Scotland would be an attractive proposition for investors.

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 09:22 AM
How can you support sevco for so long, then say you are now passionate about Hibs, never understand that logic?

Because it's her job....she's not a fan...she's a professional..and I'm sure the club has got under her skin, in the same way it has done for Lennon..

Golden Bear
28-01-2018, 09:24 AM
I remember the complete opposite. Just prior to her arrival many fans were despondent at the decline of our club so her appointment offered hope given her good track record at Motherwell. Since then I can’t think of a single occasion where an organised and concerted group even hinted they wanted her out. No way.

My memory must be playing tricks then. It was in the very early days of her appointment, I can't think what the issue was although it was probably around the same time as the Petrie oot campaign.

Ronniekirk
28-01-2018, 09:30 AM

Passionate about the job which entails immersing yourself in Hibs

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Because it's her job....she's not a fan...she's a professional..and I'm sure the club has got under her skin, in the same way it has done for Lennon..

Passionate about the job which entails immersing yourself in Hibs

Get that up to a point guys, but it's not the same a being life long supporter is it?

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Ill be very surprised if LD is with us next season.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:38 AM

Might be able to get LP sysyem back on the agenda:greengrin:timebomb:

danhibees1875
28-01-2018, 09:38 AM

I get what you're saying. I understand being professional and doing the job you have to the best of your capabilities, but if I was having to do something directly in the face of what Hibs were trying to achieve I'd certainly feel pretty conflicted about the whole thing.

I've no doubt that LD is doing her utmost best at all times though and making her decisions purely for the benefits of Hibs.

Why's that? As a result of interest from somewhere else that would turn her head, or do you believe she has a desire to leave?

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:40 AM
I get what you're saying. I understand being professional and doing the job you have to the best of your capabilities, but if I was having to do something directly in the face of what Hibs were trying to achieve I'd certainly feel pretty conflicted about the whole thing.

I've no doubt that LD is doing her utmost best at all times though and making her decisions purely for the benefits of Hibs.

Why's that? As a result of interest from somewhere else that would turn her head, or do you believe she has a desire to leave?

People will genuinely question the involvement in Sevco decisions now, no doubt

danhibees1875
28-01-2018, 09:42 AM

First thing I thought when I read the OP was "how long until someone says we didn't handle the sevco situation adequately because of this".

I've little doubt it will rear it's head again, and become a more popular opinion, each time it's discussed.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:43 AM
First thing I thought when I read the OP was "how long until someone says we didn't handle the sevco situation adequately because of this".

I've little doubt it will rear it's head again, and become a more popular opinion, each time it's discussed.

Yes no dubt Dan.....

Stuart93
28-01-2018, 09:44 AM

Let the meltdown commence

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 09:47 AM

Honestly...what in this world would make you think she would leave her job at Hibs and go to our rivals?

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Honestly...what in this world would make you think she would leave her job at Hibs and go to our rivals?

Exactly:aok:

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 09:56 AM

It was actually a discussion while sitting with some of the players before the season started. Couple of them were just saying how well she’s done and thought the season ahead would be the last as she’s well thought of in the game. Everyone of the players that day that were speaking about it thinks she’ll head south as she is already well known by many down there.

No one thought she’s in a rush to leave or anything like that though, but She’ll Be hard to replace.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Don't be daft, when she leaves she will leave for a bigger club than us.

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 09:59 AM

She’s going down south simple as that. No way will she go to The Rangers and certainly not Hearts!

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Don't be daft, when she leaves she will leave for a bigger club than us.

:top marks

son of haggart
28-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Everybody moves on sometime. If Budge moves away from the CEO role to be, say Chair of the Board, there may be a highly paid job working for a progressive female employer available without any disruption to her working day.

I doubt the rivalry aspect would bother either woman, both seem to be very professional in their approach.

She may be able to do better still, but I would doubt a job at the dinosaur which is Rangers with its schizophrenic leadership would be very attractive

Betty Boop
28-01-2018, 10:06 AM

Why ? She's a businesswoman. She'll do the best for her employers.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Why ? She's a businesswoman. She'll do the best for her employers.

I know BB, but there will be questions and doubters, nature of the beast

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Everybody moves on sometime. If Budge moves away from the CEO role to be, say Chair of the Board, there may be a highly paid job working for a progressive female employer available without any disruption to her working day.

I doubt the rivalry aspect would bother either woman, both seem to be very professional in their approach.

She may be able to do better still, but I would doubt a job at the dinosaur which is Rangers with its schizophrenic leadership would be very attractive

She may move to a Rangers if she wanted a new challenge at a bigger club....but with genuine no green tinted views - there is nothing about your club that would make her move....and it is inconceivable to any non Hearts fan that you would even consider it remotely likely.

son of haggart
28-01-2018, 10:18 AM
She may move to a Rangers if she wanted a new challenge at a bigger club....but with genuine no green tinted views - there is nothing about your club that would make her move....and it is inconceivable to any non Hearts fan that you would even consider it remotely likely.

If it was a better paid position with more responsibility do you think she would reject it without consideration?

I’m not suggesting this as a ‘we’re bigger than you’ argument, just speculating given the two women have a high profile in what is largely a male dominated sector.

Anyway, time will tell.

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 10:19 AM

LD has as much chance of going to Hearts as Budge does of taking over from farmer! She is way to good for Hearts and if truth be told Scottish Football. She’ll head south and do very well. You can’t honestly think she’s even consider it??

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 10:22 AM
LD has as much chance of going to Hearts as Budge does of taking over from farmer! She is way to good for Hearts and if truth be told Scottish Football. She’ll head south and do very well. You can’t honestly think she’s even consider it??

They are delusional

Jack

Having thought about this a bit ...

At the start of her first season here results were poor at best, losing to hearts and getting beaten in something like 4 in 5 games.

After one match she was getting so much abuse by text and through social media she turned her phone off and checked into a hotel to get away from it all.

bigwheel
If it was a better paid position with more responsibility do you think she would reject it without consideration?

I’m not suggesting this as a ‘we’re bigger than you’ argument, just speculating given the two women have a high profile in what is largely a male dominated sector.

Anyway, time will tell.

It's not a bigger thing....she is already CEO...we could match any salary, but the reason many will have a furrowed brow at your posts on this is that there is no role at your club that would interest her...it really is as simply as that.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2018, 10:26 AM

At the start of her first season here results were poor at best, losing to hearts and getting beaten in something like 4 in 5 games.

After one match she was getting so much abuse by text and through social media she turned her phone off and checked into a hotel to get away from it all.

Yeah that was after we had lost at Alloa Jack

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 10:28 AM
They are delusional

Did make me chuckle!

son of haggart
28-01-2018, 10:28 AM
It's not a bigger thing....she is already CEO...we could match any salary, but the reason many will have a furrowed brow at your posts on this is that there is no role at your club that would interest her...it really is as simply as that.

My point is that Budge will undoubtedly step away from the extensive role she now has at some point (my guess is a couple of years more) . At that point there will likely be a new role available at Hearts which may offer more than her current role at Hibs, and Budge May be interested given her cv. A lot of ‘may’s there hence I said it was a long shot.

You don’t think that role would be bigger or better paid and that’s fair enough - will be interesting to see what will be her next step if that is the case. I personally doubt she would be offered or go for the Rangers role (because they are dinosaurs and she would see the risks).

s.a.m
28-01-2018, 10:29 AM

:agree: Unless completely blinded by fan allegiance, I can't see any serious candidate who knew the lie of the land wanting to be involved in that circus. And I can't imagine them wanting a serious candidate - they wouldn't fit in with their way of doing things.

Cod Boy
28-01-2018, 10:29 AM
You can take Petrie though

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 10:36 AM
My point is that Budge will undoubtedly step away from the extensive role she now has at some point (my guess is a couple of years more) . At that point there will likely be a new role available at Hearts which may offer more than her current role at Hibs, and Budge May be interested given her cv. A lot of ‘may’s there hence I said it was a long shot.

You don’t think that role would be bigger or better paid and that’s fair enough - will be interesting to see what will be her next step if that is the case. I personally doubt she would be offered or go for the Rangers role (because they are dinosaurs and she would see the risks).

You seem to have a premise that replacing Budge at Hearts in some role would have interest for LD. It baffles me that you even think it is a long shot...there is nothing about any role that Hearts could create that would have feel like an opportunity to grow and develop her career...that's why I think you are flogging a suggestion that has no substance

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 10:37 AM
You can take Petrie though

[emoji3][emoji23][emoji122]

Mr White
28-01-2018, 10:41 AM
You seem to have a premise that replacing Budge at Hearts in some role would have interest for LD. It baffles me that you even think it is a long shot...there is nothing about any role that Hearts could create that would have feel like an opportunity to grow and develop her career...that's why I think you are flogging a suggestion that has no substance

You're forgetting one important detail: the chance to work with Craig Levein. She'd be crazy not to want that as her next career move :cb

bigwheel
28-01-2018, 10:43 AM
You're forgetting one important detail: the chance to work with Craig Levein. She'd be crazy not to want that as her next career move :cb

I take it all back....working with the maestro would be an obvious draw [emoji23][emoji106]

Ronniekirk
28-01-2018, 11:13 AM
She’s going down south simple as that. No way will she go to The Rangers and certainly not Hearts!

Going down south would explain why she has been on Sky and doing interviews wider afield about the job she has done with Hibs
Gets us more publicity while raising her own profile She is a smart cookie and will have given us four good years service by then
Wonder where we would have been if Butcher hadn't got us relegated

Kato
28-01-2018, 12:08 PM
At that point there will likely be a new role available at Hearts which may offer more than her current role at Hibs,

Her current role at Hibs gives her full control of football matters. What is the "more" that Hearts could offer? Organising training pitches when Riccarton is fully booked? Appealing stone-wall red-cards? Fitting false bottoms to the poppy tins?

ronaldo7
28-01-2018, 02:16 PM

I think you'll find it was to get away from someone else. Or so the story goes.

greenlex
28-01-2018, 02:26 PM

Are you not passionate about your job?😁

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 02:40 PM

I can understand her turning her phone off but why did she move in to a hotel :confused:

Betty Boop
28-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Her current role at Hibs gives her full control of football matters. What is the "more" that Hearts could offer? Organising training pitches when Riccarton is fully booked? Appealing stone-wall red-cards? Fitting false bottoms to the poppy tins?

Ha ha love it :top marks

hibee92
28-01-2018, 02:55 PM

Would be an excellent move for your club but honesty I don’t see it happening

truehibernian
28-01-2018, 02:58 PM

:faf: coffee over screen moment - liked that one Kato :greengrin

Aldo
28-01-2018, 03:04 PM
What LD has done for the club has been nothing short of outstanding.

Why on earth would she take a backwards step and take a position at the yams!

When she does leave Hibs it will be to a bigger club in Scotland which I can only see being Newco or down south..... Possibly even a role at the SFA??

The yams can only dream of having a women like LD at the club!

sleeping giant
28-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Why are we even discussing this :faf:

Poor trolling indeed from a normally tolerable (just) poster.

LTYF

O'Rourke3
28-01-2018, 03:13 PM

By the time hearts or FOH pay off her debt(if ever) AB will be in her mid 70's. Why would she stay on or what makes you think she will. Staying involved simply means putting more of her own cash in. Given the interest due on the loans, that's not something she wants to do without some reward. How do you know that when FOH take over that the pledgers won't think job done - the club now has to actually be self sufficient. How big a wage rise would it take to persuade Leeanne that crapping over her legacy at Hibs and working in the same town is worth hassle. Hassle from unhappy Hibs fans and when things don't go as planned - most Jambos - who "never wanted her in the first place". Would shareholders accept paying twice the going rate to engage a CEO and how does that fit with self sufficiency/living within your means? Would her first job be trying to work out how to get more seats into the ground since Plan A has been a spectacular embarrassment?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-01-2018, 03:15 PM
What LD has done for the club has been nothing short of outstanding.

Why on earth would she take a backwards step and take a position at the yams!

When she does leave Hibs it will be to a bigger club in Scotland which I can only see being Newco or down south..... Possibly even a role at the SFA??

The yams can only dream of having a women like LD at the club!

I think people are going way over the top with her.

Dont get me wrong, i think she has a done a fine job and im very happt to have her, but i dont know that she had done anything that we wouldnt expect any good cheif exec to do. She hasnt done anything miraculous imo.

It probably aays more about how badly run we were before she came in.

Aldo
28-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I think people are going way over the top with her. Dont get me wrong, i think she has a done a fine job and im very happt to have her, but i dont know that she had done anything that we wouldnt expect any good cheif exec to do. She hasnt done anything miraculous imo. It probably aays more about how badly run we were before she came in.

We were a rudderless ship IMHO and she has taken us from there to where we are now!

All about opinions I suppose. Big think she has done a grand job and hopefully she will stay for the foreseable!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-01-2018, 03:20 PM
We were a rudderless ship IMHO and she has taken us from there to where we are now!

All about opinions I suppose. Big think she has done a grand job and hopefully she will stay for the foreseable!

I agree we were a rudderless ship, and she has got a good, steady hand on the tillet now - which im pleased about.

I just dont think she has done anything extraordinary.

Aldo
28-01-2018, 03:21 PM
I agree we were a rudderless ship, and she has got a good, steady hand on the tillet now - which im pleased about. I just dont think she has done anything extraordinary.

Fair does SHB!

H18S NX
28-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Dont get me wrong, i think she has a done a fine job and im very happt to have her, but i dont know that she had done anything that we wouldnt expect any good cheif exec to do. She hasnt done anything miraculous imo.

It probably aays more about how badly run we were before she came in.....she sacked Butcher,she is my heroine.

Deansy
28-01-2018, 03:39 PM
'In a previous life Dempster was a Rangers season-ticket holder of 20 years standing ..........'

KNEW IT - I just knew she wasn't perfect and there's the solitary black-spot in her life !! Admittedly it IS a bad one but everyone makes a mistake in life and she's more than redeemed herself in her time with us - thank god she saw the light and opted for civilisation, honesty and decency !

Scott Allan Key
28-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Sub-heading: Leeann Dempster, Hibs’ chief executive, tells Graham Spiers (massive Sevconian and angler for substantial internal and structural change at boardroom level and club level) about her mission to improve the Easter Road club (and how she was a 20 year long season ticket holder at Ibrox).

Neither Spiers or Dempster are daft, but he’s trying to bait a big fish from our pond, IMO.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 05:00 PM

She may be able to do better still, but I would doubt a job at the dinosaur which is Rangers with its schizophrenic leadership would be very attractiveThe good doctor will be there forever, or until she rightly gets back all the debt owed to her plus that interest she's charging, whichever comes first.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibs90
28-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Why are people biting to this idiot.

cleanyman
28-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Sub-heading: Leeann Dempster, Hibs’ chief executive, tells Graham Spiers (massive Sevconian and angler for substantial internal and structural change at boardroom level and club level) about her mission to improve the Easter Road club (and how she was a 20 year long season ticket holder at Ibrox).

Neither Spiers or Dempster are daft, but he’s trying to bait a big fish from our pond, IMO.

I like Graham Spiers.

I met him a few years ago but the abuse he got from Rangers fans was absurd. Turned up at his house and the likes.

SideBurns
28-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Why are we even discussing this :faf:

Poor trolling indeed from a normally tolerable (just) poster.

LTYF

Aye, Son of Haggart's previous posts have suggested he is a relatively level headed Jambo with a grip on reality. Don't tell me even the reasonable Hearts fans have been infected by Levein's unique idea of what constitutes 'humour?

Mr White
28-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Aye, Son of Haggart's previous posts have suggested he is a relatively level headed Jambo with a grip on reality. Don't tell me even the reasonable Hearts fans have been infected by Levein's unique idea of what constitutes 'humour?

They're just a bit over-excited at finally breaking their embarrassingly bad recent derby form. It'll pass.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-01-2018, 05:53 PM
....she sacked Butcher,she is my heroine.

Ha ha, a VERY fair point...😉

green day
28-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Lots of people cutting you some slack as you are "an alright poster for a jambo" - nah, not for me, thats just trolling of the highest order.

If you want to spout crap like that, then off you pop to Kickback

Wee Effen Bee
28-01-2018, 05:58 PM
I could never quite understand it myself, but I don't do politics myself.[/QUOTE]

Or misogyny?😧 I think you’re right about that initial ‘murmuring’ of discontent re LD’s appointment. I heard one guy holding court with some guys in the pie queue at ER: basically, it was ok for a wifey to run a wee club like Motherwell but not right for a club of our stature. Erse!

28-01-2018, 06:42 PM

Out of interest, what is your user name on Kickback?

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2018, 08:31 PM

It probably aays more about how badly run we were before she came in.

:agree: