PDA

View Full Version : Parking tickets in Dundee

angus hibby
26-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Retuned to my car after game on Wednesday to find I had a parking ticket! Was in Fairbairn St and street was full of parked cars on both sides with some cars having tickets and others not! Didn’t see any sign to say not allowed to park there and going by amount of cars in the street, neither did anyone else! Anyone else on here get a ticket? Take it they can’t just be ignored?

Tornadoes70
26-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Retuned to my car after game on Wednesday to find I had a parking ticket! Was in Fairbairn St and street was full of parked cars on both sides with some cars having tickets and others not! Didn’t see any sign to say not allowed to park there and going by amount of cars in the street, neither did anyone else! Anyone else on here get a ticket? Take it they can’t just be ignored?

Council Parking is only up until 6 pm I'm led to believe. If its a non Council ticket I'd ignore it altogether and don't reply to any letters demanding money. Did you park before 6 pm?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

angus hibby
26-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Council Parking is only up until 6 pm I'm led to believe. If its a non Council ticket I'd ignore it altogether and don't reply to any letters demanding money. Did you park before 6 pm?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Parked just after 7pm and ticket was issued at 845pm! It’s a council ticket.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Parked just after 7pm and ticket was issued at 845pm! It’s a council ticket.

That's scandalous. Unless there are special parking restrictions in place for residents in that area which is the only reason I would surmise for tickets being issued at that time of night.

I'd phone up Dundee Council for information regarding the parking restrictions surrounding the area and time of ticket issued mate.

Let us know how you get on.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Captain Trips
27-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Can you not Google Street View and see if any signage?

AltheHibby
27-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Get on to Pepipoo for advice on how to handle this. With their help you might not have to pay.

angus hibby
28-01-2018, 09:21 PM
That's scandalous. Unless there are special parking restrictions in place for residents in that area which is the only reason I would surmise for tickets being issued at that time of night.

I'd phone up Dundee Council for information regarding the parking restrictions surrounding the area and time of ticket issued mate.

Let us know how you get on.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

100% no signs re parking restrictions in place. Two yellow cones on the roadside and that was it. Streets about 300 yards long and 2 cones in place. Seeing as i got a ticket, I assume the cones were the “no parking signs”. I’ve appealed the ticket anyway!

StevieT
28-01-2018, 09:29 PM
I parked on Dens Road, right outside the gates to the wee shed at the side of the pitch. I was half on the pavement (as was everyone else) and got my wife to 'shift the cone up a bit' to let me park. Never got a ticket so seems a bit harsh on you

Tornadoes70
28-01-2018, 10:36 PM
100% no signs re parking restrictions in place. Two yellow cones on the roadside and that was it. Streets about 300 yards long and 2 cones in place. Seeing as i got a ticket, I assume the cones were the “no parking signs”. I’ve appealed the ticket anyway!

I'm assuming these were temporary TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) no waiting traffic cones put out on occasion for special events or other type scheduled works. Good to hear you've appealed and hope you have success. It may be worthwhile putting in an FOI request email to Dundee Council Parking Unit enquiring whether the cones were employed in the correct place and the appropriate TRO had been submitted.

Good luck mate.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 11:48 PM
I parked on Dens Road, right outside the gates to the wee shed at the side of the pitch. I was half on the pavement (as was everyone else) and got my wife to 'shift the cone up a bit' to let me park. Never got a ticket so seems a bit harsh on you

:sofa: