PDA

View Full Version : Yeovil Town

Iggy Pope
26-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Watching them v Manure and I'm taken back to their early 2000s promotion run from the Conference.
They had a great wee winger, Scottish, maybe even Edinburgh born who was linked with us (maybe only on here).
Michael something or other. Anyone remember him? I'm sure Berie Vogts even looked at him for a Scotland squad. Troubling me I can't remember his name. They played in a Hibs kit too, later sold out to hoops.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Michael McIndoe, give him a Google, he's had an "interesting" last few years.

Iggy Pope
26-01-2018, 08:32 PM

That's the name. Ta. I'll do that.

Edit: Must have a gander at his book.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2018, 08:35 PM
What the hell has happened to Yeovils strips? I always remember them being predominantly green, including a few Hibsesque numbers, but they seem to have gone down the Celtic route of making green the secondary colour.

Leithenhibby
26-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Man u score 😣

Pretty Boy
26-01-2018, 08:37 PM
1-0 United.

'Interesting' defending and goalkeeping by Yeovil.

Iggy Pope
26-01-2018, 08:38 PM
What the hell has happened to Yeovils strips? I always remember them being predominantly green, including a few Hibsesque numbers, but they seem to have gone down the Celtic route of making green the secondary colour.

They went hooped the year they made the EFL with plain green on the back. Now it's just a horrible mess of hoops. For decades they sported Hibs shirts.

Leithenhibby
1-0 United.

'Interesting' defending and goalkeeping by Yeovil.

Shocking at best....

hibee

He sounds like a character from Trainspotting!

Smartie
26-01-2018, 08:39 PM
That's the name. Ta. I'll do that.

Edit: Must have a gander at his book.

He was referred to in one of the "secret footballer" books.

Footballers tend to "trust their own" so he was the go-to guy for advice on where to invest their money for a while (rather than people who actually knew what they were talking about).

There are a lot of very angry (and stupid) footballers out there who were taken in by him.

It would be very interesting to hear his side of the story. I didn't know he'd written a book.

Lago
26-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Lovely goal fm Man Utd

BoomtownHibees
26-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Thought one of the Showumni brothers were playing for Yeovil but it’s Sowunmi

Lago
26-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Man. Utd bring on a 17year old, 17.

tamig
26-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Thought one of the Showumni brothers were playing for Yeovil but it’s Sowunmi

One of the brothers names was spelt that way - with the H missing. Maybe a third member of the clan?

BoomtownHibees
26-01-2018, 09:49 PM
One of the brothers names was spelt that way - with the H missing. Maybe a third member of the clan?

Triplets?

Just Jimmy
26-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Man. Utd bring on a 17year old, 17.Not his Debut. He played last year. Came on as a Sub for Rooney. He's going to be a top player. long way to go but he's already a stand out in reserve football and U20s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
27-01-2018, 07:43 AM

Some bits from Wikipedia:

His talent was never in question but his off-field problems with alcohol addiction meant in December 1999, he was entered into the Priory. After discussions with manager Lennie Lawrence it was decided a new club would be the best for his career. Arsenal legend Paul Merson became McIndoe's sponsor helping him on his road to recovery. Former teammate Matthew Upson also played a huge part in advising McIndoe who would now focus on being the best athlete he could be and has been teetotal ever since.

In his second season with Doncaster Rovers, in League One McIndoe was the club's top scorer with 12 goals. The Scottish winger was voted in the top five footballers of the year in The Times Football Yearbook 2004/05 alongside Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard.

In 2011 McIndoe became the owner of Stamp private members club on 79 Oxford Street, London. He was also director of Huxley of London, a concierge service based in Mayfair. McIndoe was also involved in London Elite F.C. which was aimed at developing young talented footballers.

In October 2014, McIndoe was declared bankrupt with debts of £3 million. Several national newspapers have allegedly linked McIndoe to an 'investment scheme' but the Scot has always strongly denied any allegation of wrongdoing. In December 2017, Scotland Yard completely cleared McIndoe in relation to the allegation in the national newspapers.

In September 2017 McIndoe released his first autobiography titled Wildling. It is a detailed account of his upbringing on the Calders Estate in Edinburgh, his professional football career and his nightclub on Oxford Street in London.

Calders Estate - anyone know what his football allegiances were as a kid?

theonlywayisup
27-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Man. Utd bring on a 17year old, 17.

He looked very impressive. It will be interesting watching how his career develops.

bingo70
27-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Some bits from Wikipedia:

His talent was never in question but his off-field problems with alcohol addiction meant in December 1999, he was entered into the Priory. After discussions with manager Lennie Lawrence it was decided a new club would be the best for his career. Arsenal legend Paul Merson became McIndoe's sponsor helping him on his road to recovery. Former teammate Matthew Upson also played a huge part in advising McIndoe who would now focus on being the best athlete he could be and has been teetotal ever since.

In his second season with Doncaster Rovers, in League One McIndoe was the club's top scorer with 12 goals. The Scottish winger was voted in the top five footballers of the year in The Times Football Yearbook 2004/05 alongside Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard.

In 2011 McIndoe became the owner of Stamp private members club on 79 Oxford Street, London. He was also director of Huxley of London, a concierge service based in Mayfair. McIndoe was also involved in London Elite F.C. which was aimed at developing young talented footballers.

In October 2014, McIndoe was declared bankrupt with debts of £3 million. Several national newspapers have allegedly linked McIndoe to an 'investment scheme' but the Scot has always strongly denied any allegation of wrongdoing. In December 2017, Scotland Yard completely cleared McIndoe in relation to the allegation in the national newspapers.

In September 2017 McIndoe released his first autobiography titled Wildling. It is a detailed account of his upbringing on the Calders Estate in Edinburgh, his professional football career and his nightclub on Oxford Street in London.

Calders Estate - anyone know what his football allegiances were as a kid?

I know his brother and he’s a right Jambo (nice guy though) so I’d assume Michael is the same.

His dad was a referee up here as well, I’m not sure to what standard but got the impression it was probably to the old premier league.

ArmadaleHibs
27-01-2018, 09:44 AM
I know his brother and he’s a right Jambo (nice guy though) so I’d assume Michael is the same.

His dad was a referee up here as well, I’m not sure to what standard but got the impression it was probably to the old premier league.

I’m also friends with his brother who is indeed a dirty Jambo, but also a nice guy. He doesn’t have anything to do with his brother