Same team as Dundee game

Billy Whizz
26-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Same team as Dundee game

I’d be surprised if we go 433 tomorrow

B.H.F.C
26-01-2018, 06:02 PM

I don't think we can set up the same as we did the other night. Dundee got the ball in good areas between our midfield and back 4 plenty of times. We got away with it because it was Dundee but we can't let Celtic do the same.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2018, 06:04 PM
I don't think we can set up the same as we did the other night. Dundee got the ball in good areas between our midfield and back 4 plenty of times. We got away with it because it was Dundee but we can't let Celtic do the same.

Depending on the injury situation, can see someone coming in for Boyle or Barker

IGRIGI
26-01-2018, 06:21 PM
...........Marciano

.....Ambrose Hanlon McGregor

Boyle.............................Stevenson

.....McGeouch........McGinn

......Swanson ..........Slivka

.............McLaren

Celtic will give us time on the ball to play, I think Swanson and Slivka could have a big impact.

danhibees1875
26-01-2018, 06:24 PM

:agree:

If Bartley isn't fit then Ambrose/Hanlon /McGregor should play as a defensive midfielder. There was far too much space behind SJM and DM.

Fresh legs to give some players a rest before Wednesday wouldn't be the worst idea ever either.

Portous, Swanson, Shaw, McLaren and rherras could come in to the fold.

Captain Trips
26-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Rocky

Ambrose
Hanlon
Daz
Lewis

McGeouch
Mcginn
Slivka
Barker

Murray
Maclaren

JimBHibees
26-01-2018, 07:22 PM

Same team will be 451 though wider players dropping deeper and breaking.

Unseen work
26-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Will be interesting to see what team we start with since Bartley isn’t playing.

......................Marciano......

Rherras...McGregor...Ambrose.....Stevenson....

........Mcgeouch.....Hanlon.....Mcginn......

Boyle............................................. ..Barker

....................Murray.......

Imo Hanlon is capable of playing the defensive mid role but it would be a big risk.

Imo we need someone defensive minded in there and we don’t have many now that Bartley is out.

Slivka was brilliant the other night but I don’t think him mcgeouch or Mcginn would offer enough protection in the midfield or have the disciple.

shetlandhibee
26-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Marciano

Boyle Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn McGeouch Slivka

Maclaren Murray

think this will be close, :aok:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2018, 07:51 PM
We need to have a go. Hearts did that a few weeks ago and look what happened.

Absolutely no merit in sitting back.

It's Celtic we're playing, not Barcelona.

adhibs
26-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Gk: marciano
Cb: mcgregor, ambrose, hanlon
Rwb: Boyle
Lwb: Stevenson
Cm: mcginn, slivka, mcgeogh
Acm: swanson
Cf: Murray (although if mclaren is half decent id drop murray)

Unseen work
26-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Gk: marciano
Cb: mcgregor, ambrose, hanlon
Rwb: Boyle
Lwb: Stevenson
Cm: mcginn, slivka, mcgeogor
Acm: swanson
Cf: Murray (although if mclaren is half decent id drop murray)

Out of all the centre backs to play in midfield, McGregor would be last choice for me.

Jones28
26-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Rocky
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson
Slivka Mcgeouch McGinn
Murray Maclaren

3-5-2

Gotta keep things tight if we can, Celtic with their 3 up front need to be stifled as much as possible. So it's a high press and hit them on the break.

adhibs
26-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Out of all the centre backs to play in midfield, McGregor would be last choice for me.

Same. Mistake, meant mcgeogh.

silverhibee
26-01-2018, 09:14 PM

451 more like for tomorrow

Billy Whizz
26-01-2018, 09:25 PM

We played 442 last time we were at Darkhead, can see see was wanting to play a high press on Celtic’s back 4, as we did then. But team and shape will depend who is available

Unseen work
26-01-2018, 09:40 PM
We won’t have anywhere near the energy levels to do a high press on Celtic for 90 minute.

Can see us struggling tomorrow owing to fatigue.

3rd game in 6 days.

Souter96Mac
26-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Rocky
Efe Mcgregor Hanlon
Boyle Slivka Mcgeouch McGinn Stevenson
Swanson
Murray

trev the hat
26-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Agreed 4-5-1

Rocky

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Ambrose

Swanson
McGinn
Slivka
McGeuoch
Barker

McClaren

Tornadoes70
26-01-2018, 10:12 PM
We won’t have anywhere near the energy levels to do a high press on Celtic for 90 minute.

3rd game in 6 days.

Agree with this.

I'm not a fan of Levein style first and foremost defensive outlook however I think it might just be the sensible approach in this one to try and stymie them and look to break forward when possible. Albeit Lenny might just have an ace up his sleeve and surprise us by going for it with a more attacking system. It will be difficult no doubt however we set up and play it but there's always hope and we've done it before when the odds have been stacked against us.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Nicho87
26-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Rherras McGeouch McGinn Slivka Stevenson

Boyle McLaren

we are hibs
27-01-2018, 03:10 AM

3rd game in 6 days.

Theyve just had 3 weeks off. Fatigue shouldn't be an excuse

Johnny_Leith
27-01-2018, 04:10 AM
According to the BBC (I know) Bartley, stokes, gray, Whittaker and Laidlaw will all miss out due to injury or other.

McGeouch is expected to recover from a dead leg and Boyle has a slight problem with his Achilles that requires assesment.

Lennon stated we might have to change things up a little due to 3 games in 6 days which is fair.

I don't think this is the kind of game for rherras to be thrown in against the best attack in the league, so would stick with the same back 4 and keeper that kept a clean sheet against Dundee.

Be interesting to see if maclaren will be slowly introduced via the bench again or if we'll roll the dice and start him.

woodyhfc4892
27-01-2018, 05:14 AM
Would give Swanson a chance and his cameo in Dundee.. was maybe only 15 mins but seemed to show what we all knew he had.

Quite gutted Marv is injured though as I feel he plays his best games against top opposition.

Would also like us to go two upfront as the last couple times we’ve played them defensively to start with, we’ve been walked all over.. soon as we go two up top we cause them problems. Their defence is defo their weakness.

Jones28
27-01-2018, 06:03 AM

Doesn't matter how long you've had off if you play 3 matches in less than a week.

danhibees1875
27-01-2018, 07:10 AM

They had a week off, 2 weeks training and then a tough away derby and tough away tie in Dundee 3 days later. Going into a tough away game 3 days again later. That's a tough and stupid schedule.

We looked knackered for the last 30 minutes on Wednesday, only Dundee's lack of skill and their wastefulness meant that wasn't punished. If we end up like that today, Celtic will rip through us with ease.

I'm hoping for fresh legs being included: rerras, Swanson, Shaw, McLaren, Stokes ( :rolleyes: ), to give some rest to players before a crucial game against Motherwell.

J-C
27-01-2018, 07:21 AM
4-3-3

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
McLaren
Swanson

we are hibs
27-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Doesn't matter how long you've had off if you play 3 matches in less than a week.

Thats football. Teams have been playing weekend then midweek then weekend again since time began. It shouldn't be used as an excuse as they are professional footballers and professional athletes

Dinkydoo
27-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Thats fooball. Teams have been playing weekend then midweek then weekend again since time began. It shouldn't be used as an excuse as they are professional footballers and professional athletesI'm with Jones here.

I fail to see the point of a winter break if we're then going to play 5/6 games in two weeks. If anything, the squad is going to be more fatiged and injured than before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hibs#1
27-01-2018, 08:33 AM
I'm with Jones here.

I fail to see the point of a winter break if we're then going to play 5/6 games in two weeks. If anything, the squad is going to be more fatiged and injured than before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree. Think Sutton etc were on Bt saying the same thing the other night as well kind of defeats the purpose of having a break.