PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rogers........

vuefrom1875
26-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Apparently whoring Neil lennon for the Scotland job (get tae f##k)...feel free to fill in the blanks 😀

Michael
26-01-2018, 08:21 AM
He was asked a question and he just said that they should see if he's interested. Not unreasonable IMO.

vuefrom1875
26-01-2018, 08:27 AM
He was asked a question and he just said that they should see if he's interested. Not unreasonable IMO.

No coincidence he comes out with this a day before we play them???

Jim44
26-01-2018, 08:38 AM
This is touched upon in another thread. Pasted from it :

His pre-match conference touched on the International situation. Does he have a vested interest in getting a Celtic minded Scottish National coach?

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has expressed concern about the possible impact Scotland's post-season friendlies could have on the Hoops' Champions League hopes and the rest of Scottish football.

The Scottish Football Association, still searching for a national team boss to replace Gordon Strachan after Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill rejected the opportunity, have arranged four matches in the meantime including a trip to Peru on May 29 before taking on Mexico away on June 2.

The Parkhead club have recently provided Scotland and Hoops captain Scott Brown, Craig Gordon, Kieran Tierney, Stuart Armstrong, Callum McGregor, James Forrest and Leigh Griffiths to the national squad.

Celtic, in the likelihood of them winning the Ladbrokes Premiership title again, will begin their Champions League qualification campaign on July 10 or 11 and Rodgers, hoping his side make the William Hill Scottish Cup final on May 19, pointed out the implications of a short summer break.

"We hope to make it through to the Scottish Cup final which takes you through to May 19, if you then have eight of your players at least going on a friendly tour to South America, I don't think it is helpful for Celtic, ''said the Northern Irishman, who will be looking for a "sensible decision'' to be made by whoever becomes Strachan's successor.

"Players will play 60 games plus, plus international games so that makes it extremely difficult, especially for the young players like Kieran Tierney who are starting out on their careers and have made great starts.

"You don't want them to be broken and burnt out too early in their career because of the number of games.

"Footballers are not machines, they are human beings and they need that mental and physical recovery at times.

"But I also think it is for the wider scope of Scottish football.

"The team has the opportunity to qualify for the Champions League, they need every chance they can to qualify.

"One: for the national game, to show we can put a team into the elite club competition in European football, but also two: financially.

"The financial implications the last couple of years qualifying for the Champions League is that each of the other clubs get a substantial amount of money for that and sometimes that is the most revenue that they get.

"So it is not just for Celtic. Of course, you look firstly within your club and the players but you also have to take into consideration Scottish football when you bring on a friendly campaign that far away at that time of the season.

"Some of these players had six days (off) last year, some had 10, the maximum the non-internationals had was three weeks, so to do that again, you are not giving yourself an opportunity.”

I’m sure the timing of his sermon was not coincidental.

Scottie
26-01-2018, 08:41 AM
He a ****ing ****er (feel free to fill n the blanks)

Up there with Levein as a class A throbber.

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 08:42 AM
Lennons pal.

Souter96Mac
26-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Seems to be a media sweetheart up here but I think he's a knob.

GreenCastle
26-01-2018, 08:46 AM
Over rated manager and has been shown up in The Champions League this year how far away Celtic are from actually competing.

Don’t believe the hype.

Stokesy's on fire
26-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Over rated manager and has been shown up in The Champions League this year how far away Celtic are from actually competing.

Don’t believe the hype.

Actually i have to disagree Rodgers has done well at Celtic having won the treble and leading his team to 69 domestic games without defeat...Under Deila Celtic were really poor and they were there for the taking yet there wasn't a team in the league willing to give them a go. BR has made Celtic much stronger than they were a few season ago and he was very close to leading Liverpool to the Premiership title.

JimboHibs
26-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Don’t believe the hype.

Ridiculous .... Pep could be in charge of Celtic and he wouldn't have achieved any better than Rodgers.

heretoday
26-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Lennon for Scotland - O'Neill for Hibs.

What are the chances?

JeMeSouviens
26-01-2018, 10:37 AM

What are the chances?

Considering he's been offered a 6 year £700k pa contract by NI, I'd say between nil and **** all.

Jim44
26-01-2018, 10:38 AM

What are the chances?

Slim, to be honest. O’Neill’s recent decision was more a commitment to Northern Ireland than a refusal to Scotland.

jacomo
26-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Actually i have to disagree Rodgers has done well at Celtic having won the treble and leading his team to 69 domestic games without defeat...Under Deila Celtic were really poor and they were there for the taking yet there wasn't a team in the league willing to give them a go. BR has made Celtic much stronger than they were a few season ago and he was very close to leading Liverpool to the Premiership title.

The 69 unbeaten run started under Deila did it not?

Rodgers is a very good coach but has an enormous ego which tends to annoy people after a while. Three seasons is probably as long as anyone can take. He’s not quite as good as he thinks he is.

Sylar
26-01-2018, 11:23 AM
He has a point, but then, he's a hypocrite.

Here's a guy that thinks nothing of arranging 'glamour friendlies' during the season, forcing games to be postponed so they can fly off to [insert country here] - he's hardly thinking about the physical and mental wellbeing of his players then, is he, particularly when the early season is pretty frantic with Scottish League Cup games, Champions League qualifiers and the Premiership getting underway.

I understand he's concerned about his prize assets, but representing your country is an honour, and if the Celtc contingent don't want to play in the meaningless friendlies, get them to ****. It's hardly as if they'll be flying cattle class and staying in a rough hostel in the middle of Mexico City or Lima getting no sleep and carrying their gear everywhere they go.

Thecat23
26-01-2018, 11:25 AM

He’s a patronising little tw@t. If he was chocolate he’d eat himself.

weecounty hibby
26-01-2018, 09:23 PM
He is a total and utter **** managing a team of ****s upported by even bigger ****s. If he was chocolate he would eat himself, he is a patronising *******. Magnanimous in victory a prick when they don't win- see the last game at ER- the press have him down as the saviour of Scottish football, an absolute nonsense. Did I mention that he is a **** and Celtic and everyone connected with them are ****s!!

Billy Whizz
26-01-2018, 09:26 PM
He is a total and utter **** managing a team of ****s upported by even bigger ****s. If he was chocolate he would eat himself, he is a patronising *******. Magnanimous in victory a prick when they don't win- see the last game at ER- the press have him down as the saviour of Scottish football, an absolute nonsense. Did I mention that he is a **** and Celtic and everyone connected with them are ****s!!

Nice teeth though

lapsedhibee
26-01-2018, 09:28 PM

And that's being kind.

trev the hat
26-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Nice teeth though

Nice mawlers Brendan !!

Bostonhibby
26-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Nice teeth thoughHe's apparently got several sets capturing the whole spectrum of gloss whites.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Loves a tranny.

The_Horde
26-01-2018, 09:35 PM

Amazing talker?

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 09:38 PM
"It's very flattering I thought Brendan was my mate"

Then the rest of the quotes are really uncomfortable

Bostonhibby
26-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180126/e665681802a951b7a7df309710ef7c7d.jpg

Heisenberg
26-01-2018, 09:50 PM
I dislike him greatly. Patronising prick.

One Day Soon
26-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Loves a tranny.

Um, what?

SRHibs
26-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Don’t mind him. Spoke very highly of us the first time we played so I don’t think the idea that he is a bad loser(or non-winner) is necessarily true, at least no more than any other manager.

SideBurns
26-01-2018, 10:09 PM

"Up there with Levein..." - really??

Nicho87
26-01-2018, 10:18 PM
He's an arrogant tosser.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2018, 10:19 PM
He's an arrogant tosser.

Very rich man outside football too

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Um, what?

Google is your friend.

Frazerbob
27-01-2018, 02:35 AM
Google is your friend.

Wow. He’s like walking episide of Brookside.