PDA

View Full Version : The next 4 games

we are hibs
26-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Celtic away saturday
motherwell home Wednesday
The Rangers away next saturday
aberdeen home 3 weeks on saturday

how many points will we pick up out of those 4?

ill go:

celtic 0
motherwell 3
rangers 1
aberdeen 1

Steve20
26-01-2018, 08:27 AM
3 points against Motherwell. 1 point at most from the other three, probably at Ibrox.

Souter96Mac
26-01-2018, 08:54 AM
6+ points would be good enough imo. Recent form hasn't been great but the win on Wednesday was vital to get us back on track. These sort of runs in the fixture list really sort out the men from the boys.

southern hibby
26-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Defeat At Celtic, though I think we may score first

Motherwell win

The Rangers draw ( however think for once we’ll be lucky to get the point, as I think they’ll make more and better chances )

Aberdeen win

GGTTH

Smartie
26-01-2018, 09:05 AM
2 points - draws against Motherwell and Aberdeen.

We might beat Motherwell, we might lose to Aberdeen, we won't get anything against Rangers or Celtic.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Absolute maximum of 4 I think.

The Motherwell game is a must win.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Celtic I'd be surprised if we get anything.

Win against Motherwell is an absolute must.

Rangers have improved but will still give us chances so we could nick something.

Aberdeen we need to be better. Two games against them we've hardly had a shot on goal.

hibbysam
26-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Celtic I'd be surprised if we get anything.

Win against Motherwell is an absolute must.

Rangers have improved but will still give us chances so we could nick something.

Aberdeen we need to be better. Two games against them we've hardly had a shot on goal.

That’s where I am. We have to beat Motherwell. No ifs or buts, win there and take at least 1 point from the other three then we will be ahead of hearts in 4th at worst after our last hard run of fixtures until after the split.
Aberdeen and hearts both have difficult fixtures after our period so if we can stay in 4th but within 3-5 of Aberdeen there’s no reason why we can’t chase them late on in the season.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2018, 09:22 AM
There was a thread about our "next 5 games" before Dundee

I said at the time we'll get 9 or 10 points. So from these 4 I'm saying 6 or7. The beast has been rattled after the nonsense spouted by Levein.

If our front 3 had finished half their chances we'd have won comfortably on Wed night

NLGAWA

AgentDaleCooper
26-01-2018, 09:25 AM
10 points :)

scuttle
26-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Admire your optimism, but I will say 2 points max

Jim44
26-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Win v Motherwell, draw with Aberdeen.

worcesterhibby
26-01-2018, 11:06 AM

I'll raise you..12 points !

1-2 Celtic Celtic score first but then Swanson equalises with a volley from the edge of the box after a headed clearance. 5 mins to go and Celtic get a dodgy penalty after the ball hits Stevenson's arm as he is blocking a cross. Marciano saves and the ball goes straight up the other end as Hibs break fast. Boyle crosses for Maclaren to score.

3-0 Motherwell At last Hibs get a win without making the fans suffer. Swanson and Maclaren are again the heroes as both score goals in the first half as their understanding gels quickly. In the first 30 mins of the second half Motherwell apply some pressure, but Marciano makes two great stops and late substitute Oli Shaw curls in a lovely shot to out the game to bed.

1-2 Rangers The first half is a battle that Hibs seem to have the better of, but after a poor clearance from a corner the ball is quickly recycled and Morelos continues his excellent scoring form by stooping to head past Marciano. Rangers hit the post early in the 2nd half, but finally Hibs get more traction and a powerful run down the left by Swanson is met by Maclaren, his header is saved but SJM has made his way into the box and fires home the rebound. Within 2 minutes Hibs are ahead. It's similar to the first goal, but this time it's Ambrose who crosses from the right and Maclaren again gets their first forcing a save as he stabs at the ball. It falls for Slivka who dinks a beautiful chipped finish over the advancing rangers defenders. Mcgregor and Hanlon are superhuman in the last 15 minutes as Hibs hold out for the win.

1-0 Aberdeen widely tipped as a goal frenzy, this match is actually quite a dour affair, with both midfields matching each other well. chances are missed by both teams but none of them clear cut until a lovely interchange between Swanson and Substitute Brandon Barker finally leads to Barkers first ever goal for hibs.

Hardly worth watching now is it !

WeeRussell
26-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Somewhere between 2 and 6. I'll go for 4.. with the win coming against Aberdeen, and a draw with Motherwell.

Really don't fancy going to either of the ugly sisters right now, never mind both.

Oh well.. prove us wrong Hibs :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Somewhere between 2 and 6. I'll go for 4.. with the win coming against Aberdeen, and a draw with Motherwell.

Really don't fancy going to either of the ugly sisters right now, never mind both.

Oh well.. prove us wrong Hibs :greengrin

Sellick haven't been playing great, fancy us to get a least a point. Beat sevco no problem either

WeeRussell
26-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Sellick haven't been playing great, fancy us to get a least a point. Beat sevco no problem either

I sincerely hope you're right :aok:

Carheenlea
26-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Its went from folk looking through their fingers at the next five to now the next four - we saw off Dundee and I fancy us to win or draw tomorrow. Two draws to date this season against Celtic both home and away. There isn't anyone in this league we can't beat.

WeeRussell
26-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Its went from folk looking through their fingers at the next five to now the next four - we saw off Dundee and I fancy us to win or draw tomorrow. Two draws to date this season against Celtic both home and away. There isn't anyone in this league we can't beat.

True - but we also aren't very good at putting a run of victories together.

Smartie
26-01-2018, 11:42 AM
We're very inconsistent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won any of the games, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if we lost them all.

You don't really know what you're going to get with this team.

One of the key factors could be getting Marvin Bartley back fit. He's made for these fixtures.

patlowe
26-01-2018, 11:55 AM
We're very inconsistent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won any of the games, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if we lost them all.

You don't really know what you're going to get with this team.

One of the key factors could be getting Marvin Bartley back fit. He's made for these fixtures.

I think performance wise we are quite consistent, in that we tend to dominate, or at least create the greater number of chances, in almost all games.

However, we don't seem able to hold down a consistent run of results because of our lack of quality up top and inability to finish the chances we create. As a result we see a lot of draws while most wins and defeats are by the odd goal.

Not In The Know
26-01-2018, 11:57 AM
We are due a win against Aberdeen. they robbed us at ER last time and the players need to make up for the last game against them. Mind you McInnes might have 6 at the back again...

Smartie
26-01-2018, 11:58 AM
I think performance wise we are quite consistent, in that we tend to dominate, or at least create the greater number of chances, in almost all games.

However, we don't seem able to hold down a consistent run of results because of our lack of quality up top and inability to finish the chances we create. As a result we see a lot of draws while most wins and defeats are by the odd goal.

I agree with what you say, and you can throw in the odd bit of careless defending as well that has put us on the back foot in far too many games.

We're not far off being a very good side, but I wouldn't bet on us or against us on any given week, as we have the ability to win the most challenging and lose the easiest of games.

Carheenlea
26-01-2018, 12:00 PM
True - but we also aren't very good at putting a run of victories together.

Also true

sahib
26-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Win v Motherwell, draw with Aberdeen.

It is sad that we are not looking forward to these fixtures as a stepping stone to improving our league position.

jax67
26-01-2018, 01:39 PM
I'll raise you..12 points !

1-2 Celtic Celtic score first but then Swanson equalises with a volley from the edge of the box after a headed clearance. 5 mins to go and Celtic get a dodgy penalty after the ball hits Stevenson's arm as he is blocking a cross. Marciano saves and the ball goes straight up the other end as Hibs break fast. Boyle crosses for Maclaren to score.

3-0 Motherwell At last Hibs get a win without making the fans suffer. Swanson and Maclaren are again the heroes as both score goals in the first half as their understanding gels quickly. In the first 30 mins of the second half Motherwell apply some pressure, but Marciano makes two great stops and late substitute Oli Shaw curls in a lovely shot to out the game to bed.

1-2 Rangers The first half is a battle that Hibs seem to have the better of, but after a poor clearance from a corner the ball is quickly recycled and Morelos continues his excellent scoring form by stooping to head past Marciano. Rangers hit the post early in the 2nd half, but finally Hibs get more traction and a powerful run down the left by Swanson is met by Maclaren, his header is saved but SJM has made his way into the box and fires home the rebound. Within 2 minutes Hibs are ahead. It's similar to the first goal, but this time it's Ambrose who crosses from the right and Maclaren again gets their first forcing a save as he stabs at the ball. It falls for Slivka who dinks a beautiful chipped finish over the advancing rangers defenders. Mcgregor and Hanlon are superhuman in the last 15 minutes as Hibs hold out for the win.

1-0 Aberdeen widely tipped as a goal frenzy, this match is actually quite a dour affair, with both midfields matching each other well. chances are missed by both teams but none of them clear cut until a lovely interchange between Swanson and Substitute Brandon Barker finally leads to Barkers first ever goal for hibs.

Hardly worth watching now is it !

Loving it!!

Phil MaGlass
26-01-2018, 01:40 PM
I think we will lose heavily to Celtic, were really nowhere near good enough, I will go for 2 points, that´s 2 draws against the dons (if were lucky) and well. Infact Mr Doom and gloom will go for 1 pt, a draw against well.

danhibees1875
26-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Beating Dundee and Motherwell was the priority for me, as I think we'll struggle to get anything from the other 3 - although taking something off Aberdeen at home isn't impossible given we faired well last time we met at ER.

Reassess after that with an "easier" run of games into the split.

Franck Stanton
26-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Even a win v M' well isn't a sure thing.

where'stheslope
26-01-2018, 03:44 PM
I think we could manage at least 5 points from the 4 games, but we have to stop losing bad goals, like set piece V Hertz, we have plenty of chances created but as yet no regular taker of these chances?

We can cement our top 6 position after these 4 games, but someone has to step up and score regularly!!!!

Diclonius
26-01-2018, 03:47 PM

0-2 v Celtic
1-0 v Motherwell
0-2 v Rangers
1-2 v Aberdeen

You'll be pleased to know I'm going to three of these games.

h1bee123
17-02-2018, 10:23 PM
what an important 3 games its been. no one predicted 9 points! some predicting 2 which would have us level with Hearts

SuperAllyMcleod
17-02-2018, 11:37 PM
what an important 3 games its been. no one predicted 9 points! some predicting 2 which would have us level with Hearts

Given that we are 9 points clear of Hearts, surely if we had only picked up 2 points, instead of 9, we would now be 2 points clear of them?

Please show your workings [emoji4]

danhibees1875
18-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Surpassed my expectations, and then some. I was going to be happy having any gap between us and 5th never mind 9 points!

Run in to the split:

Killie Hamilton Hearts Saints Partick and County

I've learned my lesson, that's got 18 points written all over it. :wink:

Heisenberg
18-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Next set of fixtures look a lot more favourable but are ones we’ve dropped stupid points in previously. Killie away looks to be the toughest test.

H18 SFR
18-02-2018, 09:59 AM
If we take 18/18 for the next six matches we will be second going into the split. We've got the firepower to do it.

K.Marx
18-02-2018, 10:03 AM
If we take 18/18 for the next six matches we will be second going into the split. We've got the firepower to do it.

Hope not too many people are expecting that return or they’ll be setting themselves up for an almighty fall. We tend to drop points (especially at home) when we really shouldn’t be

JohnMcM
18-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Surpassed my expectations, and then some. I was going to be happy having any gap between us and 5th never mind 9 points!

Run in to the split:

Killie Hamilton Hearts Saints Partick and County

I've learned my lesson, that's got 18 points written all over it. :wink:

I hope you are indeed correct, however, I'm rather long in the tooth and have long ago learned that when we most expect good things from our team, we get a smack in mouth.

Again, I hope you are correct.

:flag:

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Killie away next Saturday is massive for us now.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2018, 11:17 AM

If we only get 16 points I'll be disgusted. :greengrin

If we get 17 I'll be very confused. :confused:

H18 SFR
18-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Killie away next Saturday is massive for us now.

Win that and we are onto something.

Diclonius
18-02-2018, 01:09 PM

0-2 v Celtic
1-0 v Motherwell
0-2 v Rangers
1-2 v Aberdeen

You'll be pleased to know I'm going to three of these games.

You'll be pleased to know I'm delighted to be wrong.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Ah come on, you were only slightly out. :greengrin

mjhibby
18-02-2018, 01:12 PM
One game at a time. Even a draw v Killie might not be a bad result if we go on a run after that. If we can stay close to sevco and the dons till the split who knows what might happen. We are winning minus a few players so could be a lot stronger by the split. Mind you yesterday's starting 11 will take some displacing though I suspect Marvin could be back in v hertz.

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2018, 01:34 PM
I never make predictions and this thread is exactly why. In a set of fixtures that look extremely tough we do nothing short of brilliantly, but then go and lose or draw against teams we should be pumping on the back of that form. If ever one game at a time was appropriate for a football club its Hibs :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
18-02-2018, 02:16 PM
If we only get 16 points I'll be disgusted. :greengrin

If we get 17 I'll be very confused. :confused:

[emoji3][emoji3]

Iggy Pope
18-02-2018, 02:20 PM
I think we will lose heavily to Celtic, were really nowhere near good enough, I will go for 2 points, that´s 2 draws against the dons (if were lucky) and well. Infact Mr Doom and gloom will go for 1 pt, a draw against well.

Ah come on, you were only slightly out. :greengrin

A wee bit closer than the miserable get above him though :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2018, 02:27 PM

MaGlass half empty [emoji38]

erin go bragh
18-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Not if Sevco or the Sheep take 13pts out their last six . We would be close tho :)

Fife-Hibee
18-02-2018, 06:12 PM
MaGlass half empty [emoji38]

🤣