PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Just me that thinks its ridiculous this act has been repealed? Just allows these animals in the west to spout pure hatred even more :grr::grr:

Sorry forgot to add link: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/holyrood-votes-repeal-controversial-offensive-11914782

lord bunberry
26-01-2018, 08:04 AM
Just me that thinks its ridiculous this act has been repealed? Just allows these animals in the west to spout pure hatred even more :grr::grr:

Sorry forgot to add link: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/holyrood-votes-repeal-controversial-offensive-11914782
It was a waste of time. The hatred they spout has increased since the act was brought in. Before they died the Hun had toned down their sectarian bile due to threats from UEFA. We need meaningful legislation that closes stadiums if these songs are sung.

-Jonesy-
26-01-2018, 08:06 AM
This and the named person scheme are almost universally accepted outside of the chamber at Holyrood. Pure anti SNP rhetoric from the opposition parties with no regard for their benefit to the public at large.

Shameful s**t IMO

marinello59
26-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Singling out football fans for special laws is wrong. The laws are already there to tackle offensive behaviour. The Scottish Government and Police Scotland preferred to put on a show with this pointless act rather than using the powers they already had.

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:08 AM
It was a waste of time. The hatred they spout has increased since the act was brought in. Before they died the Hun had toned down their sectarian bile due to threats from UEFA. We need meaningful legislation that closes stadiums if these songs are sung.

Was just the fact that there seemed to be no "meaningful legislation" announced for after the removal of this act?

And yeah, it was pointless. 9/10 the "fans" were charged with breach of the peace other than this act.

Stonewall
26-01-2018, 08:09 AM

What was rediculous was that the act was ever introduced in the first place.

it was a badly thought through piece of grandstanding and expediency by Salmond which was never going to be effective.

i'm not a lawyer but I remember during media discussions at the time that pretty much everything in it was covered by existing legislation and it was really a question as to why the existing laws were not being enforced. Given that there was no reason to believe that the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act was going to be effective and so it has proved.

lord bunberry
26-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Was just the fact that there seemed to be no "meaningful legislation" announced for after the removal of this act?

And yeah, it was pointless. 9/10 the "fans" were charged with breach of the peace other than this act.
Politicians don’t want to do anything about the sectarian problem in this country. As I said earlier it could be stopped overnight by threatening to close stadiums if the songs continue. The spfl could also stop it by threatening to dock points.

Craig_HFC
26-01-2018, 08:14 AM

You musn't go to many games if you think that the OFBA stopped those mutants signing their 'party tunes'.

It was pointless legislation.

green&left
26-01-2018, 08:16 AM

When Hibs and Hamilton have the most arrests as a percentage of their crowds (or something like that) under the OBFA it's clear its not exactly doing what it was intended to do. Nonsense legislation that was rushed through after the "shame game" which was also greatly blown out of proportion.

If the SNP and Scottish Government are serious about eradicating sectarianism they could maybe start with OO marches. Recently there has been more marches in Glasgow than Belfast and Dery combined!

BegbieHSC
26-01-2018, 08:22 AM
I think this is verging on Holy Ground stuff, lads!

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:26 AM
You musn't go to many games if you think that the OFBA stopped those mutants signing their 'party tunes'.

It was pointless legislation.

I go to enough to see this - but surely it should have attempted to silence the Manky mob?

Craig_HFC
26-01-2018, 08:33 AM
I go to enough to see this - but surely it should have attempted to silence the Manky mob?

Nope, nothing is ever going to stop that unless the SFA grow some balls and start punishing Celtic & Rangers for their support singing their favourite songs by fining the clubs or docking them points but we all know that will never happen.

All the legislation did was allow Police to arrest & punish football supporters for very, very minor offences/things that weren't even an offence.

norhfc
26-01-2018, 08:34 AM
When Hibs and Hamilton have the most arrests as a percentage of their crowds (or something like that) under the OBFA it's clear its not exactly doing what it was intended to do. Nonsense legislation that was rushed through after the "shame game" which was also greatly blown out of proportion.

If the SNP and Scottish Government are serious about eradicating sectarianism they could maybe start with OO marches. Recently there has been more marches in Glasgow than Belfast and Dery combined!

Good point about the OO Marches and others, a pure hate fest on Saturday afternoons around the towns and cities of Scotland.
I just wished they had something else to replace this act with, something that would work.

SideBurns
26-01-2018, 08:40 AM
If you have a look at the Act, you'll quickly realise that if it was to be implemented to the letter then you'd have thousands of Huns paraded through the sheriff courts every week; and that's before you even get to isolated incidents like the recent Dean Shiels stuff. The legislation was probably brought in with the best of intentions but is simply unworkable. You'd almost need a dedicated court to deal with it if the polis were going to use the law properly but given the one team whose fans are constantly in breach of it are met with the 'three wise monkeys' when it comes to the authorities it is pointless.

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Nope, nothing is ever going to stop that unless the SFA grow some balls and start punishing Celtic & Rangers for their support singing their favourite songs by fining the clubs or docking them points but we all know that will never happen.

All the legislation did was allow Police to arrest & punish football supporters for very, very minor offences/things that weren't even an offence.

Cant imagine the SFA docking any points from the "Golden two", that would spell disaster. More likely choice is to play games behind closed doors, maybe affecting money flow? Fines don't deter them much, they still continue even after the Champions League fine for "Free Palestine" flags when playing Hapoel Beer Sheva, for one of many examples.

Craig_HFC
26-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Cant imagine the SFA docking any points from the "Golden two", that would spell disaster. More likely choice is to play games behind closed doors, maybe affecting money flow? Fines don't deter them much, they still continue even after the Champions League fine for "Free Palestine" flags when playing Hapoel Beer Sheva, for one of many examples.

My point is that it doesn't matter if there is an act (like OBFA) in place or not, nothing is going to change in terms of the bigotry & sectarianism from the ugly sisters until the SFA start punishing the clubs for their supports' actions.

This will never happen though.

DH1875
26-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Can't agree. Should never have been passed in the first place.

johnbc70
26-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Finish the sentence those that think we should keep it. The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act has made a difference because........

Scotlands shame, will only be tackled when it's points deducted or having to play in empty stadiums.

Tomsk
26-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Has there even been a law so frequently and flagrantly broken? Literally thousands of people were breaking the law every week in full view of the police and witnesses with cameras and microphones recording the moments in detail.

The Scottish Government, and indeed Scottish society as a whole, need to be scrutinising the role played by the police in the actual enforcement of the act. Were the police incapable of enforcing the law or worse were they unwilling to enforce the law? Was is it just bad legislation that the police effectively turned their backs on? Or was there something deeper and more sinister at play?

For what it's worth, I think it was a poor piece of legislation. I also think it has exposed actual and potential weaknesses in the way in which public order in Scotland is policed.

HTD1875
26-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Hibs the most targetted support of this act. 171 people charged in 5 years. If you average out the average Home attendance that’s 1 in every 66 hibs fans.

This act does nothing to stop sectarianism and is used by the police to get people onto long term banning orders for minor offences.

Keith_M
26-01-2018, 12:59 PM

I think it's ridiculous that the act was repealed, mainly on the basis of the bigots at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I liked the comments of the SNP MSP, can't remember his name, who admitted to singing offensive songs at Celtc Park when he was younger but totally slated the segment of Fans that still sing these songs of hate and told them it's time to move on.

My_Wife_Camille
26-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Was a disgraceful act to begin with. Absolutely no place for this in the 21st Century

Weststandwanab
26-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Politicians don’t want to do anything about the sectarian problem in this country. As I said earlier it could be stopped overnight by threatening to close stadiums if the songs continue. The spfl could also stop it by threatening to dock points.

Spot on.

CathroMustStay
26-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Was a disgraceful act to begin with. Absolutely no place for this in the 21st Century

Amen.

And pretending that bigotry and sectarianism is purely a West of Scotland problem is moronic.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2018, 06:19 PM
This will obviously please these yam fuds then as they have started to bring this back in to their repertoire, but then again they don't have any other songs do they? hope the wee cabbage patch doll gets them telt again...:wink:

Pretty Boy
26-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Poorly written legislation that was rushed through.

There’s legislation already in place to tackle sectarianism without singling out football fans. It’s the willingness, or lack of, of the authorities to use it that is the real issue here.

CraigHibee
27-01-2018, 09:43 AM
It's just a green light for the old firm fans and some hearts fans (heard them loud and clear at the derby with their hullo hullo guff) to continue doing what they were doing anyway when the act was in place, little was done when it was in place so was just a waste of time imo

neil7908
27-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Has there even been a law so frequently and flagrantly broken? Literally thousands of people were breaking the law every week in full view of the police and witnesses with cameras and microphones recording the moments in detail.

The Scottish Government, and indeed Scottish society as a whole, need to be scrutinising the role played by the police in the actual enforcement of the act. Were the police incapable of enforcing the law or worse were they unwilling to enforce the law? Was is it just bad legislation that the police effectively turned their backs on? Or was there something deeper and more sinister at play?

For what it's worth, I think it was a poor piece of legislation. I also think it has exposed actual and potential weaknesses in the way in which public order in Scotland is policed.

This. I'm so tired of police and politicians talking a good game but failing utterly to do anything practical.

As you say, has a law ever been broken so openly with cameras and police watching on with no repercussions?

Unfortunately the football authorities in this country won't act so we need government and the law to be enforced. Sadly I see nothing promising in this area.

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 11:18 AM
This and the named person scheme are almost universally accepted outside of the chamber at Holyrood. Pure anti SNP rhetoric from the opposition parties with no regard for their benefit to the public at large.

Shameful s**t IMO

Absolutely correct - apart from being completely wrong.

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 11:26 AM
If you want to break sectarian chanting in Scottish football you just need to arrest and charge a sample of say 10 to 20 of the people doing it at each game. You'd kill it in months if not weeks.

Of course that would require the police to want to do it, which in turn would only happen if a heavy line was sent down from Scottish Government to Police Scotland to make it happen. A bit like - in fact exactly like - what happened after our cup final. That massively expensive and prolonged operation took place because the Scottish Government said publicly that such behaviour wouldn't be tolerated.

The laws are all in place, where's the will?

lucky
27-01-2018, 11:43 AM
This law brought in because of an over reaction from the government after an Old Firm game and minor bother at an Edinburgh derby. The law was wrong from the outset as it was discriminatory against football fans. Existing laws were sufficient to deal with anyone who breaks the law. I for one will be delighted when it’s gone then maybe our politicians will get with actually doing something to eliminate sectarianism in our society

Eyrie
27-01-2018, 11:49 AM
If you want to break sectarian chanting in Scottish football you just need to arrest and charge a sample of say 10 to 20 of the people doing it at each game. You'd kill it in months if not weeks.

Of course that would require the police to want to do it, which in turn would only happen if a heavy line was sent down from Scottish Government to Police Scotland to make it happen. A bit like - in fact exactly like - what happened after our cup final. That massively expensive and prolonged operation took place because the Scottish Government said publicly that such behaviour wouldn't be tolerated.

The laws are all in place, where's the will?

The will would be there if the chants were aimed at women, non-Christian religions, LBGTI, non-whites, disabled etc.

But instead a blind eye is turned to anti-Catholic or pro-terrorist singing, which effectively normalises such behaviour.

johnbc70
28-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Already on the Ross C v The Rangers game I have heard how they are up to their knees in Fenian blood and the game has not even started.

kaimendhibs
28-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Already on the Ross C v The Rangers game I have heard how they are up to their knees in Fenian blood and the game has not even started.Heard that. Truly vile creatures

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 09:32 PM

It's not just you mate, I totally agree with you.

It's just a shame that the powers that be have neither the will nor desire to deal with it.

There are a number of clubs fans who are guilty of crossing the line between banter and downright offensive.

In particular;

The Rangers Tribute Act have shown regularly that they are just as bad as their dead originals.

Celtic being regularly punished by UEFA highlights the tip of the iceberg in relation to what they get up to on a weekly basis.

The SFA don't have the will, desire or bottle to address either half of the Ugly Sisters.

The Celtic fans led FAC - Fans Against Criminalisation - Sums this lot up.

Here's an idea and it's one i've implemented for over 40 years of attending football - Go to the game, behave like a human being in relation to how you think others would like to be treated. Enjoy the match (not always easy), then go home (via the boozer). I don't think i've ever at any point 'worried/thought overly' about the legislation simply because i'm not a total ********. (I did say not a total).

Only my opinion for what it's worth.

lucky
28-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Don’t get confused with a law tackling sectarianism and a discriminatory law against football fans. I don’t want to get political, but Kenny MacSkill got it wrong from the start a bit like the BTP and Police Scotland merger

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Don’t get confused with a law tackling sectarianism and a discriminatory law against football fans. I don’t want to get political, but Kenny MacSkill got it wrong from the start a bit like the BTP and Police Scotland merger

Don't get confused with the law, in general.

The so called discrimination you speak of regarding football fans exists because there are NO other sports in Scotland that require to be addressed in relation to the offences/crimes that this legislation covers. At no point have i thought/said that it was the cure-all fix to the poisonous bile and bigotry that exists in some areas of Scottish society but it was a start/attempt to address the issues surrounding football supporter related incidents in a manner that would be high profile. Let's not forget, and as you've mentioned yourself, that it all came about as a result of a 'Summit' involving the ScottishGovernment, the SFA and "Old-Firm' representatives after the touch line spat between Lenny/McCoist and the historic spikes in arrests at that fixture.

I don't want to get political either but the rationale behind the legislation was sound, MacAskill - as a solicitor in a previous life - would not have simply 'done his job' as the Justice Minister, there was a high degree of credibility involved here so he would have applied his previous knowledge/experience in relation to the Act.

With you not wanting to get political you'll need to clarify for me what the BTP and Police Scotland has to do with this.

However, and to be political and to seek clarification, the BTP/Police Scotland merger was pushed through the Scottish Parliament in June 2017, Kenny MacAskill left the post of Cabinet Secretary for Justice in 2014 (replaced by Michael Matheson - who's still in post) so how exactly has he "got it wrong from the start a bit like the BTP and Police Scotland merger"?

lucky
28-01-2018, 11:32 PM
MacSkilll was the so called brains behind both the OFB and the police merger. Both were opposed by industry experts. The Offensive behaviour at football act was poor legislation from the outset, judges, lawyers, most football fans and human rights activists all agreed it was an unnecessary discriminatory law and ineffective in achieving stopping sectarianism at football and in society

Tornadoes70
28-01-2018, 11:40 PM
I'd have thought the blue hun coat Potter wears trackside would almost certainly be offensive to most. He is one cretinous creature.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

ronaldo7
29-01-2018, 06:55 AM
MacSkilll was the so called brains behind both the OFB and the police merger. Both were opposed by industry experts. The Offensive behaviour at football act was poor legislation from the outset, judges, lawyers, most football fans and human rights activists all agreed it was an unnecessary discriminatory law and ineffective in achieving stopping sectarianism at football and in society

Why wasn't it amended then, instead of repealed?

Onion
29-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Finish the sentence those that think we should keep it. The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act has made a difference because........

Scotlands shame, will only be tackled when it's points deducted or having to play in empty stadiums.

Correct. The authorities could erradicate this problem virtually overnight if they really wanted to. Instead, they choose to give the illusion of tackling the issue. It's patently obvious they have their own agenda and are unprepared to stand up to Celtic and Sevco who need their "special atmosphere" to maintain their crowds and attraction to Sky and the media.

marinello59
29-01-2018, 07:16 AM

Because the laws to tackle this properly are already in place?

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 07:16 AM

Some legislation is just so poor or unnecessary that it is better repealed or replaced altogether than amended. The poll tax would be one example. I think the current new legislation on lobbying would be another.

Football has been too easy a whipping boy for politicians, particularly when there is a public 'event' to react to. Into this category I would place; Thatcher's intervention on all-seated grounds (after Heysel was it?), the example quoted above on Offensive Behaviour following OF grief and the massive and excessive police operation following our cup final.

lord bunberry
29-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Did anyone propose amending it?

ronaldo7
29-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Because the laws to tackle this properly are already in place?

Threatening communications? Which law covers this?

ronaldo7
29-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Did anyone propose amending it?

I don't know, that's why I asked. The act was using a hammer to crack a nut, imo, however we're off on a new road towards strict liability, if we don't watch out.

It's a pity the SFA don't have the baws to curtail the Neanderthals in the weege.

jonty
29-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Poorly written legislation that was rushed through.

There’s legislation already in place to tackle sectarianism without singling out football fans. It’s the willingness, or lack of, of the authorities to use it that is the real issue here.

This. If it had been used as intended, it would be hailed a success. Supporters can be 'educated' in what's right and what's wrong but unless its enforced (ie see smoke bombs, smoking, pitch invasions) then supporters will continue to do as they like.

The flip side, is clubs should be leading by example. Celtic haven't been caught up in any wrong doing (yet) while Rangers are rotten to the core.

marinello59
29-01-2018, 07:46 AM
I don't know, that's why I asked. The act was using a hammer to crack a nut, imo, however we're off on a new road towards strict liability, if we don't watch out.

It's a pity the SFA don't have the baws to curtail the Neanderthals in the weege.

I totally agree with you about the dangers of strict liability.
The SFA will continue to turn a blind eye to it all. Perhaps the only hope is for the fans themselves to sort it out.

lord bunberry
29-01-2018, 08:05 AM

I think strict liability is now inevitable. In principle it’s a sensible idea, but the whatabouterry that will go on will make things difficult for all clubs.

JimBHibees
29-01-2018, 08:13 AM
I think strict liability is now inevitable. In principle it’s a sensible idea, but the whatabouterry that will go on will make things difficult for all clubs.

Not sure it will come in as it will need the clubs to vote it through. It really is abhorrent that certain songs are now allowed to be sung with impunity and no one at certain clubs even make an effort to tell the fans not to do it. There really is a moral cowardice around this from politicians, sports authorities, clubs and the media who apart from one or two notable exceptions never at any point try and raise their concerns with this sort of illegal nonsense. If the same vehemence was focussed on it as was the cup final investigation it would be very quickly sorted.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Do previous convictions get quashed?

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Not sure it will come in as it will need the clubs to vote it through. It really is abhorrent that certain songs are now allowed to be sung with impunity and no one at certain clubs even make an effort to tell the fans not to do it. There really is a moral cowardice around this from politicians, sports authorities, clubs and the media who apart from one or two notable exceptions never at any point try and raise their concerns with this sort of illegal nonsense. If the same vehemence was focussed on it as was the cup final investigation it would be very quickly sorted.

And this is the crux of the matter.

Why aren't Police Scotland prioritising it?

Why aren't Sturgeon and Matheson demanding that Police Scotland target it?

Why aren't journalists, media and commentators pointing it out every time it happens and raising the same holy hell they did over our cup final?

Why are the SFA failing to confront it?

Why aren't the clubs involved making examples of offenders to discourage others?

CropleyWasGod

I think it can be imposed by Government.

One Day Soon
Do previous convictions get quashed?

No.

lord bunberry
29-01-2018, 08:32 AM
I get the feeling that the government will put pressure on the clubs to vote in strict liability. It takes the problem away from the politicians and forces the football world to sort itself out.

JimBHibees
29-01-2018, 08:33 AM
And this is the crux of the matter.

Why aren't Police Scotland prioritising it?

Why aren't Sturgeon and Matheson demanding that Police Scotland target it?

Why aren't journalists, media and commentators pointing it out every time it happens and raising the same holy hell they did over our cup final?

Why are the SFA failing to confront it?

Why aren't the clubs involved making examples of offenders to discourage others?

Totally agree it should be a priority in my eyes anyway as quite frankly it is a national embarrassment. The lack of will is the worst thing about it and you do get the impression politicians of all shades are loath to really put themselves out there in case they lose seats. I suppose the Government will say that this was the sole reason for the act that has just been repealed however for whatever reason it hasnt worked so something else needs to happen and it would be brilliant if it was an all party agreed approach. I genuinely wish the tv companies would highlight it rather than turning the sound down. Whenever an OF game is on there is much made about the amazing atmosphere a high percentage of which are religious or politically based lyrics.

JimBHibees
29-01-2018, 08:36 AM
I get the feeling that the government will put pressure on the clubs to vote in strict liability. It takes the problem away from the politicians and forces the football world to sort itself out.

If that happens I think it would be a positive step because something needs to happen. It is a societal problem however the depressing fact that the two biggest clubs in the country are so clearly linked with different religions is a joke and highlights and exacerbates the issue. There was research paper recently which clearly highlighted that football authorities need to lead the way on this .

One Day Soon
29-01-2018, 09:00 AM
If that happens I think it would be a positive step because something needs to happen. It is a societal problem however the depressing fact that the two biggest clubs in the country are so clearly linked with different religions is a joke and highlights and exacerbates the issue. There was research paper recently which clearly highlighted that football authorities need to lead the way on this .

It is also the single biggest corrupting factor in the quality and vitality of our game. It leads to a completely imbalanced league that stifles proper competition and in turn weakens our performances in Europe and internationally.

It is like watching two vampires gorging on the living, relentlessly.

JimBHibees
29-01-2018, 09:10 AM
It is also the single biggest corrupting factor in the quality and vitality of our game. It leads to a completely imbalanced league that stifles proper competition and in turn weakens our performances in Europe and internationally.

It is like watching two vampires gorging on the living, relentlessly.

Totally agree but people apparently :rolleyes: from all over the world stop what they are doing to tune in when they play each other (copyright. C. Young BBC sportsound).

Geo_1875
29-01-2018, 09:14 AM
The only problem with the OBFA was that it gave the impression that Scottish football fans are 90 minute bigots when the truth is that they have deeply held beliefs that guide every part of their lives.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 09:20 AM
No.

Thank you.

JK Rolling
29-01-2018, 09:26 AM

As you've not added IMO after this I'll assume it's just a straight lift from the Daily Mail.

JK Rolling
29-01-2018, 10:16 AM
This. If it had been used as intended, it would be hailed a success. Supporters can be 'educated' in what's right and what's wrong but unless its enforced (ie see smoke bombs, smoking, pitch invasions) then supporters will continue to do as they like.

The flip side, is clubs should be leading by example. Celtic haven't been caught up in any wrong doing (yet) while Rangers are rotten to the core.

I assume you mean by the SFA?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-uefa-charge-sheet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301

jonty
29-01-2018, 04:31 PM
I assume you mean by the SFA?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-uefa-charge-sheet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301

280k over 10 years is nothing compared to what hearts and the rangers have been up to. ******** fans is one thing. Crookedly running a business is another.

EastCalderHibby
29-01-2018, 05:09 PM

and no tv coverage
but it obviously doesn't bother sky or bt what their viewers hear as they insist that one them is on every week

JK Rolling
29-01-2018, 05:34 PM
280k over 10 years is nothing compared to what hearts and the rangers have been up to. ******** fans is one thing. Crookedly running a business is another.

It is something, namely the something that this thread is the subject of. ON THIS SUBJECT Celtic FC are culpable. As culpable as The Rangers and any other sets of fans who contravene it. Where these teams fans differ from the Celtic fans is in the pursuit of the "We are persecuted agenda". Their creation the FAC group to oppose this legislation speaks volumes. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Your point regarding the running of their clubs has been, and will continue to be, covered in other threads.

jonty
29-01-2018, 07:48 PM
It is something, namely the something that this thread is the subject of. ON THIS SUBJECT Celtic FC are culpable. As culpable as The Rangers and any other sets of fans who contravene it. Where these teams fans differ from the Celtic fans is in the pursuit of the "We are persecuted agenda". Their creation the FAC group to oppose this legislation speaks volumes. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Your point regarding the running of their clubs has been, and will continue to be, covered in other threads.

oh. looks like I've rattled the thread police. :greengrin

280k is nothing. they wont notice unless its larger fines. much larger.
And more importantly, why UEFA and not Scottish authorities? this takes me back to my original response.

JK Rolling
29-01-2018, 10:35 PM
oh. looks like I've rattled the thread police. :greengrin

280k is nothing. they wont notice unless its larger fines. much larger.
And more importantly, why UEFA and not Scottish authorities? this takes me back to my original response.

:slipper: Consider yourself slippered.

Fully agree with you as far as their fines are concerned, a drop in the ocean. Agree also re the bottleless Scottish footballing authorities. I think that's why I wanted the Act to be successful in order to make inroads into what is a serious social problem that exists in abundance outwit the game.

Not sure the police did as much as they could have but I would assume that that in part was due to limited resources at the games. That said though, if the Scottish Government were that serious about the Act then they should've funded the infrastructure to back it up.