PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Shareholders List

greenginger
25-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Here's the latest list of Hibs shareholders at 31/12/2017 just published.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/gqnPgqRuDpVUMw8CjRnZXxeWgZnV2e4phsynijzmKio/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAIBHFWHYXJWRDC2VQ&Expires=1516882325&Signature=WxhzV58LbI9MOtMQHhQmspYG7z4%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEHQaDCA3xFBVyYLnW8Nv1SK3A8dPUpyywJy% 2FyQJQ%2BojrVl63%2Blzcw4OlByy6whenDRSOUwLYj%2BH%2B IOMESZUZR3E2lAxsPkXWn4NMK6FuZtzxeMjA25whY5PWGjBNmm c5y1OJ%2BkAmunNV9%2BYJ%2FOV4lRI5LdB%2BPbE7YhU6A00G gCXgBO7fKnqvz56G7VcKZM9aXOrSX8pzslOUu1MNq%2BG4sb1b B5Buki93%2B9znkV7tPCYnI3ETesaBuMUxrkFhTnQmoV6gV%2F ML6eppaLJ5PqOX8V8ANnSLI%2Fab2ueOgbW5BdGixedyvO4JQ7 O5dYz4OfkyAFD74hYOaltLaY0zPx7XiDK1DCDUY4fUm9KQGw0O rIfgF%2FPG3wYAQF2ch8Ds8XT9HH2%2F%2FZMKW%2FwWcOsDA0 0wBRKpym0Orl6IIGgjroIxlsJ4wCo4vxcxvQ6Xtas3ESa%2FRo qnynWL4h6vEzn4L%2FFHKh03hkCCAh5%2B2tND13yAsHP6cLsw i5bwN%2Bnh4bo69a8eHjo2lrqnHxJ%2FUT%2BhE4oC%2BqBX1A lrKzJT9VCJpDW%2Fb06%2Fm40FlUE57biZy7CQcrTjJUQQ9BqV utv5PLEuKWLSQutw73pRgTVcPakopfmm0wU%3D

overdrive
25-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Here's the latest list of Hibs shareholders at 31/12/2017 just published.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/gqnPgqRuDpVUMw8CjRnZXxeWgZnV2e4phsynijzmKio/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAIBHFWHYXJWRDC2VQ&Expires=1516882325&Signature=WxhzV58LbI9MOtMQHhQmspYG7z4%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEHQaDCA3xFBVyYLnW8Nv1SK3A8dPUpyywJy% 2FyQJQ%2BojrVl63%2Blzcw4OlByy6whenDRSOUwLYj%2BH%2B IOMESZUZR3E2lAxsPkXWn4NMK6FuZtzxeMjA25whY5PWGjBNmm c5y1OJ%2BkAmunNV9%2BYJ%2FOV4lRI5LdB%2BPbE7YhU6A00G gCXgBO7fKnqvz56G7VcKZM9aXOrSX8pzslOUu1MNq%2BG4sb1b B5Buki93%2B9znkV7tPCYnI3ETesaBuMUxrkFhTnQmoV6gV%2F ML6eppaLJ5PqOX8V8ANnSLI%2Fab2ueOgbW5BdGixedyvO4JQ7 O5dYz4OfkyAFD74hYOaltLaY0zPx7XiDK1DCDUY4fUm9KQGw0O rIfgF%2FPG3wYAQF2ch8Ds8XT9HH2%2F%2FZMKW%2FwWcOsDA0 0wBRKpym0Orl6IIGgjroIxlsJ4wCo4vxcxvQ6Xtas3ESa%2FRo qnynWL4h6vEzn4L%2FFHKh03hkCCAh5%2B2tND13yAsHP6cLsw i5bwN%2Bnh4bo69a8eHjo2lrqnHxJ%2FUT%2BhE4oC%2BqBX1A lrKzJT9VCJpDW%2Fb06%2Fm40FlUE57biZy7CQcrTjJUQQ9BqV utv5PLEuKWLSQutw73pRgTVcPakopfmm0wU%3D

The link doesn't work?

Billy Whizz
25-01-2018, 03:07 PM
The link doesn't work?

Stole from another site
Anyone know any of the names on here?

Peevemor
25-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Stole from another site

Crawford Gillies was chairman of Scottish Enterprise, as well as being on the board of Standard Life & Barclays among others (if it's the same Crawfor Gillies that is :greengrin).

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Stole from another site

I take it you mean all the nominees?

It's been discussed on here before. Don't think anyone here knows or, if they do, they're no telling.:greengrin

It does bother me a bit, in case they mask a consortium thinking of a takeover by the back door. However, I trust the Board to be making the appropriate enquiries.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2018, 03:19 PM

It's been discussed on here before. Don't think anyone here knows or, if they do, they're no telling.:greengrin

It does bother me a bit, in case they mask a consortium thinking of a takeover by the back door. However, I trust the Board to be making the appropriate enquiries.
Just realised, I recognise 2 names

Eric
25-01-2018, 03:34 PM
The complete Hibs Shareholders List as at 31 Dec 17 is at Part 4 of this pdf:

Hibs%20Shareholders%20List.pdf

Oops -link won't open. Will have another go!

Eric
25-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Further to Post 7.

Select: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005323

Select: Filing History

Select: View PDF at 22 Jan 2018 Confirmation statement entry.

Open PDF and scan down to Part 4

Hopefully this will then show the Hibs Shareholders List as at 31 Dec17 :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
25-01-2018, 04:38 PM
I could probably hazard a guess at who is behind a couple of the investments or nominees on that list

Peevemor
25-01-2018, 04:40 PM
I could probably hazard a guess at who is behind a couple of the investments or nominees on that list

I've an idea for the Scotland Street one.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2018, 04:41 PM
I've an idea for the Scotland Street one.

Forth Bridge Investments was the one that caught my eye right away.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Forth Bridge Investments was the one that caught my eye right away.

Spill

Bostonhibby
25-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure one is a Hibby who doesn't want his missus to know that he's spent even more money on Hibs.

He'll not be alone.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibbymick
25-01-2018, 05:03 PM
I'm interested in the Bass Rock Investments. Anyone any knowledge on this ?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but are these people who bought-in in the most recent share issue?

Also, people talking about investors etc using investment vehicles, why would they do that?

Billy Whizz
25-01-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm interested in the Bass Rock Investments. Anyone any knowledge on this ?

Been dissolved seemingly?

Golden Bear
25-01-2018, 05:54 PM
Further to Post 7.

Hopefully this will then show the Hibs Shareholders List as at 31 Dec17 :thumbsup:

I'm there, I'm there.

:flag:

hibby6270
25-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but are these people who bought-in in the most recent share issue?

Also, people talking about investors etc using investment vehicles, why would they do that?

If you mean the ‘simplified’ issue in 2016 (no IFA required to sign it off), then yes, some of the individuals who bought shares then are named. I can confirm this because my name is listed.:greengrin

Presume that purchasers from previous issues are also included in the list.

Hibernian Verse
25-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Crawford Gillies was chairman of Scottish Enterprise, as well as being on the board of Standard Life & Barclays among others (if it's the same Crawfor Gillies that is :greengrin).Went to school with his son and had absolutely no idea he owned part of the club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
25-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Stole from another site

"Others" is me.

Er, among others, that is.

overdrive
25-01-2018, 10:39 PM

It’s all shareholders.

brianmc
25-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Yay, I'm (still) listed and the wife still doesn't know that I treated myself to those shares 🤐

bookert
25-01-2018, 11:08 PM
I'm there, I'm there.

So am I, feel so connected. Don't tell the missus

BSEJVT
26-01-2018, 07:42 AM

Correct it bothers me more than a bit as well.

I might hazard a guess that Hibs board are worried by this also given the lack of further direct share sale opportunities.

This is another reason why getting HSL to 26% is critical and the sooner the better.

BSEJVT
26-01-2018, 07:45 AM

Like some others on this thread, to hide their ownership for a variety of reasons.

One which worries me is that if all the nominees acted together (they could very well all be controlled by the same individuals or individuals acting in concert) they would then own a significant amount of the clubs shares which they could subsequently use in a bid to take over the club.

BSEJVT
26-01-2018, 07:46 AM
So am I, feel so connected. Don't tell the missus

Make that 3!

3pm
26-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Correct it bothers me more than a bit as well.

I might hazard a guess that Hibs board are worried by this also given the lack of further direct share sale opportunities.

This is another reason why getting HSL to 26% is critical and the sooner the better.

See the last line, this is what I mean. They could do with more communication and progress on targets / aims. Think 20% entitles someone to be on the board too.

Small targets to generate interest. Once they reach their target, then think of something else to generate interest.

Brightside
26-01-2018, 08:17 AM
I thought HSL was relaunching again!?

Pagan Hibernia
26-01-2018, 08:23 AM
I thought HSL was relaunching again!?

me too. Leann Dempster said in an interview last summer that there was going to be a relaunch but nothing seems to happen very quickly

BSEJVT
26-01-2018, 08:44 AM
There are plans for the re-launch of HSL in the next couple of months.

It is also about then that there will likely be changes to the board of HSL as many of the original directors have done their stint.

There is a clear appetite for change and for HSL to be galvanised into delivering something better

I would encourage those of you who can give up the time or want to contribute in some additional way other than monetary to get involved.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we have simply got to get HSL working better than it is and get more folk donating.

Apologies for droning on, but this is something I feel really strongly about.

I wont sit idly by whilst they gain an advantage over us we can prevent.

Eyrie
26-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Like some others on this thread, to hide their ownership for a variety of reasons.

One which worries me is that if all the nominees acted together (they could very well all be controlled by the same individuals or individuals acting in concert) they would then own a significant amount of the clubs shares which they could subsequently use in a bid to take over the club.

I think that acting in concert thing was what Dave King did at Sevco, and is currently in legal trouble over.

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2018, 09:09 PM
I think that acting in concert thing was what Dave King did at Sevco, and is currently in legal trouble over.Acting in concert with others is not illegal. However, when their joint interest is 30%, they have to make an offer for the remaining 70%.Not to do is breaking the Takeover Panel rules, which is where DK et al went wrong

"They" are nowhere near 30% yet.

(I'm not sure those rules apply to a private company, either.)

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 12:15 AM
I'm there :greengrin

Interesting to see who isn't though, unless they are contributing as members of HSL ( highly unlikely in most cases ) using pseudonyms ( is that even allowed? ) or their real rather than stage names. or are part of one of the groups who have purchased big amounts. Anyway, from our list of famous Hibbies:

Andy Murray ..... no
Jamie Murray .... no
Judy Murray ...... no
Irvine Welsh ...... no
Dougray Scott ... no
John ( hands off Hibs ) Leslie .... no
Kezia Dugdale ..... no
Iain Gray .... no ... unless he's listed as 'Ian' Gray
Leigh Griffiths ... no

Derek ( Fish ) Dick .... does have 100 shares from the 1990s issue to be fair ... if the Derek Dick on the list is him of course.

Hardly a dazzling show of support from our famous fans who in some cases managed to blag cup final tickets in 2012, 2013 and 2016 without having set foot in ER for years.

Argylehibby
27-01-2018, 12:29 AM

Interesting to see who isn't though, unless they are contributing as members of HSL ( highly unlikely in most cases ) using pseudonyms ( is that even allowed? ) or their real rather than stage names. or are part of one of the groups who have purchased big amounts. Anyway, from our list of famous Hibbies:

Andy Murray ..... no
Jamie Murray .... no
Judy Murray ...... no
Irvine Welsh ...... no
Dougray Scott ... no
Kezia Dugdale ..... no
Leigh Griffiths ... no

Derek ( Fish ) Dick .... does have 100 shares from the 1990s issue to be fair ... if the Derek Dick on the list is him of course.

Hardly a dazzling show of support from our famous fans who in some cases managed to blag cup final tickets in 2012, 2013 and 2016 without having set foot in ER for years.

Don't know if Leigh Griffiths would be allowed to own shares while he's still playing?

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Don't know if Leigh Griffiths would be allowed to own shares while he's still playing?

Never thought of that, it could well be the case ... apologies Leigh.

Jones28
27-01-2018, 07:02 AM
There are plans for the re-launch of HSL in the next couple of months.

It is also about then that there will likely be changes to the board of HSL as many of the original directors have done their stint.

There is a clear appetite for change and for HSL to be galvanised into delivering something better

I would encourage those of you who can give up the time or want to contribute in some additional way other than monetary to get involved.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we have simply got to get HSL working better than it is and get more folk donating.

Apologies for droning on, but this is something I feel really strongly about.

I wont sit idly by whilst they gain an advantage over us we can prevent.

They've got to market it better, I've seen nothing on social media or on here
that suggests those behind it are driving it down people's throats that there money means better players.

WoreTheGreen
27-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Never thought of that, it could well be the case ... apologies Leigh.

All his shares are in mothercare

Caversham Green
27-01-2018, 09:27 AM

Andy Murray ..... no
Jamie Murray .... no
Judy Murray ...... no
Irvine Welsh ...... no
Dougray Scott ... no
Kezia Dugdale ..... no
Leigh Griffiths ... no

I think this is one of the reasons for those nominee shareholders mentioned earlier in the thread - people in the public eye who don't particularly want their names on the club's shareholders list. Maybe not so much the ones you've listed, but if people like Scott Brown or Kenny Millar (or their relatives) wanted to put a wee bit into the club that nurtured them I can't imagine the bigoted fans of their current clubs would be very happy.

Another reason for the nominees could be people who already have nominee companies simply doing all their share dealings through them - the club will know who's behind the nominees in any case. Or maybe some of the 'Ponzi scheme' guys have decided to sign up and don't want their mates to know.

I don't really buy the takeover conspiracy theory simply because it would be such a half-arsed way of going about it. The most sinister thing I could really believe is that the nominee holders are associates of Rod and Sir Tom, ensuring that they can actually retain overall control. Personally, I'm not sure that would be such a bad thing.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Chees for the answer mate.

I was hoping you wetr going to tell me it would probably be lots of rich people waiting to plough money in...?!

Bostonhibby
27-01-2018, 10:14 AM
I think this is one of the reasons for those nominee shareholders mentioned earlier in the thread - people in the public eye who don't particularly want their names on the club's shareholders list. Maybe not so much the ones you've listed, but if people like Scott Brown or Kenny Millar (or their relatives) wanted to put a wee bit into the club that nurtured them I can't imagine the bigoted fans of their current clubs would be very happy.

Another reason for the nominees could be people who already have nominee companies simply doing all their share dealings through them - the club will know who's behind the nominees in any case. Or maybe some of the 'Ponzi scheme' guys have decided to sign up and don't want their mates to know.

I don't really buy the takeover conspiracy theory simply because it would be such a half-arsed way of going about it. The most sinister thing I could really believe is that the nominee holders are associates of Rod and Sir Tom, ensuring that they can actually retain overall control. Personally, I'm not sure that would be such a bad thing.

This is my view on the whole nominee thing, and how I'd choose to do it if I was in the position of any of the names mentioned.

Baker9
27-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Further to Post 7.

Thanks for posting this link.

Eyrie
27-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Acting in concert with others is not illegal. However, when their joint interest is 30%, they have to make an offer for the remaining 70%.Not to do is breaking the Takeover Panel rules, which is where DK et al went wrong

"They" are nowhere near 30% yet.

(I'm not sure those rules apply to a private company, either.)

I think you're right, otherwise HSL would have a real problem when they finally reach 30% as they won't have the funds available to make an offer unless they stop at 29.5% and start accumulating cash. I wouldn't want that because my monthly DD is to put more money into the club and not to buy out existing shareholders.

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2018, 12:45 PM
I think you're right, otherwise HSL would have a real problem when they finally reach 30% as they won't have the funds available to make an offer unless they stop at 29.5% and start accumulating cash. I wouldn't want that because my monthly DD is to put more money into the club and not to buy out existing shareholders.Pretty sure that HSL can't reach 30%. There are enough independent shareholders already to prevent that.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Clerie Green
27-01-2018, 01:01 PM
I'm there, I'm there.

Cheers , good to see the name attached to the Famous . GGTTH
:thumbsup:

greenlex
27-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Further to Post 7.

There’s a good few weel Kent names there.

Eric
27-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure that HSL can't reach 30%. There are enough independent shareholders already to prevent that.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Additional shares sold by Hibs reduces the percentage of shares held by existing shareholders. The number of shares held by STF and RP in HFC holdings remained unchanged in 2017 so due to the increased total number of shares HFC holdings now hold a smaller percentage. As Hibs are now only selling to HSL this percentage will continue to decrease until HFC Holdings have 49% of the total by which time I calculate HSL would have 33.6%.

Personally I would be happy for HSL to cease buying at 26% as this gives them right to prevent undesirables buying out Hibs. To me this is much more important than overall fan ownership. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Additional shares sold by Hibs reduces the percentage of shares held by existing shareholders. The number of shares held by STF and RP in HFC holdings remained unchanged in 2017 so due to the increased total number of shares HFC holdings now hold a smaller percentage. As Hibs are now only selling to HSL this percentage will continue to decrease until HFC Holdings have 49% of the total by which time I calculate HSL would have 33.6%.

Personally I would be happy for HSL to cease buying at 26% as this gives them right to prevent undesirables buying out Hibs. To me this is much more important than overall fan ownership. :thumbsup:

You're right. I've got my Saturday head on.:wink:

I'm sure there will be a concentration of minds if it looks like any group is close to 25%, and then rethink things as appropriate.

Your last paragraph is where I am, too. :agree:

Iggy Pope
27-01-2018, 02:26 PM
There’s a good few weel Kent names there.

There are a few Hibs faces and names that aren't there too.

SuperAllyMcleod
27-01-2018, 08:32 PM

Andy Murray ..... no
Jamie Murray .... no
Judy Murray ...... no
Irvine Welsh ...... no
Dougray Scott ... no
Kezia Dugdale ..... no
Leigh Griffiths ... no

The Murrays bought shares in Stirling Albion to keep them afloat - I’m sure the rules prevent them owning shares in two clubs.

Of course, they may all have signed up to HSL and you then wouldn’t see their names?

Pretty Boy
27-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Andy Murray was asked about the possibility of purchasing shares in Hibs, or HSL I can’t recall which. He was advised to decline by his management, or they declined on his behalf, as everything they do is about protecting the ‘brand’.

Things may change when he retires.

Golden Bear
27-01-2018, 08:48 PM
I'm not in favour of the concept of fan ownership as it's perfectly feasible that it could create more problems than it would solve.
I'm already an independent shareholder but
is it possible to set up a monthly direct debit where you can contribute directly to Hibernian FC?

Ilovehibs
27-01-2018, 08:56 PM
I'm not in favour of the concept of fan ownership as it's perfectly feasible that it could create more problems than it would solve.
is it possible to set up a monthly direct debit where you can contribute directly to Hibernian FC?

Thanks for articulating this so well. I am in exactly the same position as you. I wonder if this could be brought up at the next board meeting by the fan reps?
I have shares (one off purchase) but would like to contribute to the club monthly but not through HSL.
Any help would be appreciated.

Eyrie
27-01-2018, 11:13 PM

Not quite a direct solution but this is a direct debit solution which will put money into the club and benefit children.

Leith Links (http://leithlinks4kids.com/).

IberianHibernian
27-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Not quite a direct solution but this is a direct debit solution which will put money into the club and benefit children.

Leith Links (http://leithlinks4kids.com/).Great initiative but is Kicks For Kids not limited to about 200 / 300 tickets per season ? Number available would probably rise if season ticket numbers fell but unlikely to rise by much surely . Have often thought a Kicks For ? for older fans who can`t afford to get to games would be a good idea but would take a lot of work to get started ( fans paying for STs that could be shared by fans who can`t get to many games for various reasons - financial , caring for relatives , medical reasons etc . ) .

FranckSuzy
28-01-2018, 12:52 AM

Leith Links (http://leithlinks4kids.com/).

:thumbsup:

Great initiative but is Kicks For Kids not limited to about 200 / 300 tickets per season ? Number available would probably rise if season ticket numbers fell but unlikely to rise by much surely . Have often thought a Kicks For ? for older fans who can`t afford to get to games would be a good idea but would take a lot of work to get started ( fans paying for STs that could be shared by fans who can`t get to many games for various reasons - financial , caring for relatives , medical reasons etc . ) .

:agree: That is a good idea and one I would hope the Club would consider in the future. Meanwhile, more children get along to games (who wouldn't normally be able to) and NL gets the £ to spend on the squad - a win-win scenario if ever I saw one :flag:

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:23 PM
is it possible to set up a monthly direct debit where you can contribute directly to Hibernian FC?Such a contribution would be taxable, unlike HSL money. But we don't make enough profit to pay tax, so the Club would get the full benefit.

Pretty sure it would be exempt (or zero-rated) from VAT as well, as long as there was no connected benefit for the donor.