PDA

View Full Version : Swanson & mclaren

Mainstandman
25-01-2018, 10:41 AM
For the time he was on Swanson looked like the player we thought we'd signed.

McLaren looked decent in his short time on. Liked the way he was right on top of a loose ball in the area, keeper got there but looked like signs of a penalty box player. Looked pacey and defended well.

Waxy
25-01-2018, 11:13 AM
352 Barker Swanson Mcginn Mcgeoch Boyle midfield

MB62
25-01-2018, 11:13 AM
For the time he was on Swanson looked like the player we thought we'd signed.

McLaren looked decent in his short time on. Liked the way he was right on top of a loose ball in the area, keeper got there but looked like signs of a penalty box player. Looked pacey and defended well.

:agree: :thumbsup:

Leith Green
25-01-2018, 12:39 PM
352 Barker Swanson Mcginn Mcgeoch Boyle midfield

Swap barker for slivka , play danny on the left , boyle on the right and slivka through the middle ahead of mcginn and mcgeough

Leith Green
25-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Swap barker for slivka , play danny on the left , boyle on the right and slivka through the middle ahead of mcginn and mcgeough

Not with 3 at the back either ..

Zoro
26-01-2018, 07:31 AM
All Swanson needs is game time, he offers something different to the other midfielders I think the penny has dropped the opportunity he has playing for hibs, heard he's training hard ad doing extra at east mains on there days off. its been a horrendous 2017 or him so I feel he will be more focused in 2018.

eastcoasthibby
26-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Have to say I was really impressed with Danny when he came.on the other night he showed what we all wanted to see. With his ability, experience and desire, I hope that the rumour factory about him moving.on this window just doesnt happen he is exactly what we need in the last third of the pitch as well as his delivery from freekicks and penalties if Stokes is away !
McLaren looked as though he is nippy, sharp, wants to play and again something different.in the last third of the pitch.
Both have good reasons to deliver and.prove themselves.

SirDavidsNapper
26-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Great to hear this about Swanson. I've been his biggest critic and questioned his signing but i'd be delighted to eat humble pie. Hope he's turned a corner and proves me wrong. Sounds like encouraging signs against Dundee.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Great to hear this about Swanson. I've been his biggest critic and questioned his signing but i'd be delighted to eat humble pie. Hope he's turned a corner and proves me wrong. Sounds like encouraging signs against Dundee.

I don't understand any of that, he's started 3 games since signing, how can anyone form a decent opinion on any player over 3 games, especially when in the first game he laid on one of the goals, and his last game he was decent until being subbed?

Sir David Gray
26-01-2018, 08:56 AM
I don't understand any of that, he's started 3 games since signing, how can anyone form a decent opinion on any player over 3 games, especially when in the first game he laid on one of the goals, and his last game he was decent until being subbed?

I've been very confused by the criticism of Swanson's performances so far. I don't think he's played anywhere near enough to allow anyone to form an opinion.

erin-go-bragh87
26-01-2018, 09:09 AM
I've been very confused by the criticism of Swanson's performances so far. I don't think he's played anywhere near enough to allow anyone to form an opinion.

Couldn't agree more. A Hibs supporter who's been through A lot in the past wee while deserves a bit of support from us. I was very excited when he signed as I think he gives us a bit of creativity that we are missing a lot of the time. I hope he gets a wee run in the team and gets a proper opportunity!

BlackSheep
26-01-2018, 09:11 AM

I'd swap McGinn for Slivka and play McGeouch holding MF, Slivka CM and Swanson AM

Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

McGeouch
Boyle Slivka Barker
Swanson

Murray McLaren

heretoday
26-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Couldn't agree more. A Hibs supporter who's been through A lot in the past wee while deserves a bit of support from us. I was very excited when he signed as I think he gives us a bit of creativity that we are missing a lot of the time. I hope he gets a wee run in the team and gets a proper opportunity!

Agree and he needs to curb his lifestyle a bit and screw the nut.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2018, 09:46 AM

Slivka looked much more effective against Dundee when he got further away from SJM and Dylan.

The Modfather
26-01-2018, 09:50 AM

Isn’t that part of the general criticism though about how little he has contributed thus far rather than just criticism of his performances? Obviously there are mitigating circumstances, but the cold hard reality is that at this point his signing has been a failure.

He looked lovely in his cameo at Dundee so hopefully like having a new signing the second half of the season.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Isn’t that part of the general criticism though about how little he has contributed thus far rather than just criticism of his performances? Obviously there are mitigating circumstances, but the cold hard reality is that at this point his signing has been a failure.

He looked lovely in his cameo at Dundee so hopefully like having a new signing the second half of the season.

His signing has been a failure if you are judging him on his time on the pitch, nobody can deny that. It's the writing him off on his performances that i can't see.

There has been a few reasons why he's not played, mainly injury. If he's fit and on the park, that is when i will judge him.

SirDavidsNapper
26-01-2018, 11:59 AM

I've seen enough in the 6 or 7 times he's been on the park to suggest he has been way short of what we and probably he expects. He's only started 3 games for a reason. He hasn't been at the races so far. Hopefully he can push on after a decent showing on Wednesday.

Zoro
26-01-2018, 12:51 PM

They can give an opinion the impact he's had while coming on. he's been played out of position most of the time. he needs a run of games, we all know what he's capable of in regards to his performances against us an the **** and the rest of the league last season when he was played in his right position.

Frazerbob
26-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Why does Swanson get the benefit of the doubt due to lack of game time yet Big Dave is written off?

Zoro
26-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Why does Swanson get the benefit of the doubt due to lack of game time yet Big Dave is written off?

because unfortunately big Dave is not good enough if you have been to the games that he has took part in you would've noticed that,

oneone73
26-01-2018, 02:23 PM
because unfortunately big Dave is not good enough if you have been to the games that he has took part in you would've noticed that,

I have been to all those games and have formed no such impression.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I've seen enough in the 6 or 7 times he's been on the park to suggest he has been way short of what we and probably he expects. He's only started 3 games for a reason. He hasn't been at the races so far. Hopefully he can push on after a decent showing on Wednesday.

What would that reason be?

Zoro
26-01-2018, 02:44 PM
I have been to all those games and have formed no such impression.

can I ask what the impression s you have made

oneone73
26-01-2018, 03:02 PM
can I ask what the impression s you have made

I think he has shown himself capable of winning headers (esp. v. Hearts) and bringing others into play. I'd like to see him in a whole game before consigning him to the scrapheap. Not too much to ask, I think?

Zoro
26-01-2018, 03:22 PM
I think he has shown himself capable of winning headers (esp. v. Hearts) and bringing others into play. I'd like to see him in a whole game before consigning him to the scrapheap. Not too much to ask, I think?

Deary dear, he won about 3 headers against hearts when we resorted in hoofball, I'm not going to slate the guy but hes not good enough we are short up front and still doesn't get a game remember the manger sees him on a daily basis in training. and he has played closed door games and still doesn't perform.