PDA

View Full Version : BBC Buckfast

davemcbain
25-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Not sure if I am being precious here, but there's an article on the reporting Scotland bit on bbc breakfast this morning (every 30 minutes or so) about sectarianism with 3 sets of images:
The rangers chanting something indistinguishable, Hibs fans invading the pitch at the cup final and some people in green (presumably Celtic) slapping some hoardings.
Whatever the pitch invasion was, it was not sectarian. Find it unbelievable that they are using this footage for that article. Shabby, shabby journalism.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Not sure if I am being precious here, but there's an article on the reporting Scotland bit on bbc breakfast this morning (every 30 minutes or so) about sectarianism with 3 sets of images:
The rangers chanting something indistinguishable, Hibs fans invading the pitch at the cup final and some people in green (presumably Celtic) slapping some hoardings.
Whatever the pitch invasion was, it was not sectarian. Find it unbelievable that they are using this footage for that article. Shabby, shabby journalism.They're trying to relaunch the image of the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers and the poppy thieves. This is part of it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

rodhibs55
25-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Haven't seen this as at work now but if they are relating our cup final pitch invasion to sectarianism i hope the club jump on this pronto and put them straight.
If they want to relate pitch invasions to sectarianism, they should pop into their archives and show that cup final with the police horses and the batons on the pitch at hampden. A far more accurate link to the sectarian bile that blights our country.

Joe6-2
25-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Haven't seen this as at work now but if they are relating our cup final pitch invasion to sectarianism i hope the club jump on this pronto and put them straight.
If they want to relate pitch invasions to sectarianism, they should pop into their archives and show that cup final with the police horses and the batons on the pitch at hampden. A far more accurate link to the sectarian bile that blights our country.

Don’t hold your breath on the club putting anyone straight!

Treadstone
25-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Don’t hold your breath on the club putting anyone straight!

Or the BBC.

GillyHibee
25-01-2018, 08:23 AM
A simple search on Google/YouTube/Spotify/Twitter will remind everyone of the sectarian ***** they constantly spout.

But aye, I'm sure we are one of the only "Irish" clubs not to get caught up in that drivel. Shock the media portrays different...

Ronniekirk
25-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Whatever the pitch invasion was, it was not sectarian. Find it unbelievable that they are using this footage for that article. Shabby, shabby journalism.

Complain this is inaccurate and misleading and another attempt to tarnish our club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
25-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Complain this is i accurate and misleading and another attempt to tarnish our club

Complain this is accurate lol

Ronniekirk
25-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Complain this is accurate lol

Missed out the in

Moulin Yarns
25-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Not defending the BBC but it is about the repeal of the offensive behaviour at football act. While it includes (supposedly) the singing of sectarian songs, it was about more than sectarianism.

I do wonder at their inclusion of the joyous overenthusiasm of the cup final.

vuefrom1875
25-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Not defending the BBC but it is about the repeal of the offensive behaviour at football act. While it includes (supposedly) the singing of sectarian songs, it was about more than sectarianism.

Usual BBC Weggie dross.

Geo_1875
25-01-2018, 11:20 AM

Well I think we offended the Protestant Establishment the length and breadth of the country by beating their Queen's Eleven on that Glorious Day in May.

SideBurns
25-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Well I think we offended the Protestant Establishment the length and breadth of the country by beating their Queen's Eleven on that Glorious Day in May.

As Golden Fleece says, if it was about the repeal of the 'Offensive Behaviour...Act' then it isn't just about sectarianism, or racism for that matter, and I agree with you - we did seem to offend rather a lot of people that day; mostly due to events on the pitch before the referee blew his final whistle right enough.

Personally, if they want to keep rolling out footage of Hibs fans celebrating the Scottish Cup win that's fine by me - those pictures will continue to remind and annoy (and no doubt offend) those who hated our achievement on that wonderful afternoon.